CIA and FBI: Russia Interfered in US Election

A Place to respectfully discuss those topics that you should never discuss.
Re: CIA and FBI: Russia Interfered in US Election

Postby Brazen331 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:59 am

bucfanclw wrote:
Brazen331 wrote:Can we investigate Trump’s meetings with Putin during this recent Asian trip? They could have been discussing ways to cover up their collusion.

I hope we can since we seemingly can’t investigate any Democrat collusion with Russia without Dems whining about unfairness and how this would only be an attempt to sidetrack their investigation.

Wouldn’t it be nice to know if the FBI opened an investigation solely on the basis of a fraudulent document that HRC and the DNC concocted? Wouldn’t it be nice to know if the FISA court allowed the Ovama administration to spy on Trump’s campaign solely because of a fake dossier? Wouldn’t it be nice to know if the FBI was paying Mr. Steele?

No, I guess we arn’t interested in finding that stuff out. We only want to know if Don Jr. or Carter Page or Pappydappy met with a Russian ambassador.

Speaking of "histrionic melodrama"...

I'm down with the Russia thing now, Clewy, I want to investigate it all. Maybe we should appoint a couple more special prosecutors? Most of us here didn't get to experience the 50's; let's find out what the red scare was like.
Brazen331

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:47 pm

Lights out, Meatball.

A group of Democrats on Wednesday announced that they would be filing multiple articles of impeachment against President Donald Trump, marking the most significant push to remove the president from office. The move was led by Representative Steve Cohen of Tennessee, who first declared his intention to initiate the impeachment process following Trump’s controversial “both sides” remarks in response to deadly violence at a white nationalist rally in Charlottesville, Virginia.

Related: Trump impeachment odds surge following first Mueller indictments in Russia investigation

Cohen is joined in his efforts by five colleagues, including fellow Judiciary Committee Democrat Luis Gutiérrez of Illinois, who announced his decision to join the push two weeks ago. Also at the press conference were Representatives Adriano Espaillat of New York and Al Green of Texas. The latter is one of the president's loudest critics, and he has previously filed his own articles of impeachment.

Keep Up With This Story And More By Subscribing Now

The others who have signed on to the effort are Representatives Marcia Fudge of Ohio and John Yarmuth of Kentucky, and Cohen said there were more in the House who had indicated that they would be willing to join the effort soon.

“We have taken this action because of great concern for our country and our Constitution, our national security and our democracy," Cohen said. "We believe President Trump has violated the Constitution.”

Five articles of impeachment will be introduced, alleging obstruction of justice, violations of both the foreign and domestic emoluments clause, undermining the federal judiciary and undermining the freedom of the press.

Cohen called upon the Judiciary Committee to begin hearings, but accepts that is unlikely to happen in a Republican-controlled House. The Judiciary Committee, Cohen claimed, is operating like a "branch of the administration."
Mountaineer Buc

Postby uscbucsfan » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:02 pm

I assume meatball is a term for Steve Cohen?

Edit: Before anyone misinterprets my point. This is nothing new and even in the article you posted, it acknowledges this will go no where. These aren't the first and certainly won't be the last articles filed, but nothing will happen. So it's certainly not lights out for Trump...

In July, California Congressman Brad Sherman filed articles accusing Trump of obstruction of justice over his firing of former FBI Director James Comey. Green was the only Democrat to back that push, and last month filed multiple impeachment articles in which he declared Trump “unfit” for the office of president and stressed that a president needn’t be convicted of a crime in order to be impeached.

Last week, Green insisted that he would call for a vote on impeaching the “Chief Inciter of racism, bigotry, hatred, xenophobia, sexism, ethnocentrism.”

Democratic Party leaders, though, have thus far been unwilling to back that assessment. Earlier this week, Democratic National Committee Chairman Tom Perez said during an interview on ABC: “I am not talking about impeachment.” The remark came in response to a question about a multimillion-dollar ad campaign launched by Democratic donor Tom Steyer calling on Americans to demand that Congress impeach Trump.

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, meanwhile, said last week that impeachment “is not someplace I think we should go.”
uscbucsfan

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:24 pm

uscbucsfan wrote:I assume meatball is a term for Steve Cohen?

Edit: Before anyone misinterprets my point. This is nothing new and even in the article you posted, it acknowledges this will go no where. These aren't the first and certainly won't be the last articles filed, but nothing will happen. So it's certainly not lights out for Trump...

In July, California Congressman Brad Sherman filed articles accusing Trump of obstruction of justice over his firing of former FBI Director James Comey. Green was the only Democrat to back that push, and last month filed multiple impeachment articles in which he declared Trump “unfit” for the office of president and stressed that a president needn’t be convicted of a crime in order to be impeached.

Last week, Green insisted that he would call for a vote on impeaching the “Chief Inciter of racism, bigotry, hatred, xenophobia, sexism, ethnocentrism.”

Democratic Party leaders, though, have thus far been unwilling to back that assessment. Earlier this week, Democratic National Committee Chairman Tom Perez said during an interview on ABC: “I am not talking about impeachment.” The remark came in response to a question about a multimillion-dollar ad campaign launched by Democratic donor Tom Steyer calling on Americans to demand that Congress impeach Trump.

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, meanwhile, said last week that impeachment “is not someplace I think we should go.”

I know it's not the first time. But here pretty soon, you're going to have 24 members of the house judiciary committee on record as refusing to consider articles of impeachment that were introduced and sponsored by one of it's own members. There WILL be on the record discussions on this.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:39 pm

My mistake, TWO members of the committee are introducing the articles.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Zarniwoop » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:47 pm

impeachment articles are beyond stupid and incredibly petty until there is strict evidence of collusion...for as much of a moron as Trump is, nothing else he has done (or is being said to have done) is an impeachable offense

i don't care who wrote them, who is backing them, or anything else
Zarniwoop

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:48 pm

Zarniwoop wrote:impeachment articles are beyond stupid and incredibly petty until there is strict evidence of collusion...for as much of a moron as Trump is, nothing else he has done (or is being said to have done) is an impeachable offense

i don't care who wrote them, who is backing them, or anything else

agreed. These are going absolutely nowhere outside of that committee room. And they know it.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby RedLeader » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:53 pm

So are the lights off or on... or off again? I'm losing track.
RedLeader

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:27 pm

RedLeader wrote:So are the lights off or on... or off again? I'm losing track.

Still playing checkers I see.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Zarniwoop » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:31 pm

How about a game of Global Thermonuclear War?
Zarniwoop

Postby Brazen331 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:56 pm

So Vladimir Putin personally signed off on Uranium One and the Dems could care less. Now, hopefully Sessions is able to overcome the’Pubs desire to appoint a special counsel and waste more time but the hypocrisy here is overwhelming. This is the most evil man and most nefarious nation in the history of the planet, right? That’s the yarn the Dems been spinning.

But it never was about Putin or Russia but grasping at whatever straw is available to take down Trump. Fake FB ads are horrific, but Putin possibly being able to manipulate energy prices in the US? No biggie.
Brazen331

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:09 pm

Brazen331 wrote:So Vladimir Putin personally signed off on Uranium One and the Dems could care less. Now, hopefully Sessions is able to overcome the’Pubs desire to appoint a special counsel and waste more time but the hypocrisy here is overwhelming. This is the most evil man and most nefarious nation in the history of the planet, right? That’s the yarn the Dems been spinning.

But it never was about Putin or Russia but grasping at whatever straw is available to take down Trump. Fake FB ads are horrific, but Putin possibly being able to manipulate energy prices in the US? No biggie.

More of that histrionic melodrama you were talking about.

Didn't you see Shepard Smith debunked this uranium one bullshit last night?

Talk about grasping at straws.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:12 pm

Your boy is circling the drain, Brazen. I suggest you hop off the MAGA bandwagon while you can.

Guy is polling 49% NO on a second term.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Brazen331 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:12 am

I don’t care about investigating U1; I’m only pointing out Democrat hypocrisy. Not only is U1 bullshit, all of this Russia crap is bullshit.

And who cares what Shep Smith said...the difference between him and Laurence ‘O Donnell and Chris Matthews is.....I actually can’t think of one. OK, Shep is gay, the other 2 probably straight but that’s about it.
Brazen331

Postby mightyleemoon » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:28 am

Brazen331 wrote:So Vladimir Putin personally signed off on Uranium One and the Dems could care less.

How much less?
mightyleemoon

Postby Brazen331 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:40 am

mightyleemoon wrote:
Brazen331 wrote:So Vladimir Putin personally signed off on Uranium One and the Dems could care less.

How much less?

You have a better idea than me; you've voted for more Democrats than I have.
Brazen331

Postby deltbucs » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:32 am

Brazen331 wrote:
mightyleemoon wrote:
How much less?

WWWOOOOSSHHHHH
deltbucs

Postby mightyleemoon » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:46 am

deltbucs wrote:
Brazen331 wrote:

WWWOOOOSSHHHHH

Guess it wasn't a typo.
mightyleemoon

Postby mightyleemoon » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:04 am

Brazen331 wrote:
mightyleemoon wrote:
How much less?

That's probably true. I don't just pull a generic trigger. I'll vote R, D (not your D, sit down), L, or I or whatever. I've also most likely voted for more candidates in every single party outside of R than you.
mightyleemoon

Postby bucfanclw » Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:08 am

Flynn about to plead guilty to making a false statement to the FBI as part of a plea deal.

bucfanclw

Postby Brazen331 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:11 pm

Corsair------------NOW!!!!!!!!
Brazen331

Postby beardmcdoug » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:36 pm

Brazen331 wrote:Corsair------------NOW!!!!!!!!

LOL
beardmcdoug

Postby Brazen331 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:09 am

So, to compare this to the Starr investigation, is it safe to say that Mueller is now entering the blow-job phase of his investigation?

The manufactured Russia hysteria has served its purpose to get a prosecutor appointed as even Mueller is not a big enough prick to even try to prosecute someone under a 1799 law. Even he should agree that he should be fired if he tried something so ludicrous.

So we have to pin everything on some sort of obstruction of justice case and since no collusion can be proven, and even if it could what statute does it violate besides one written when men wore powdered wigs, are we basically investigating Comey and Flynn’s firing and trying to build some sort of case out that?

In my view, that gangly, gawky, bible-verse tweeting hypocritical ***** is the biggest villain in this whole episode. That POS is worse than Hoover. He fucks up an entire election then paralyzes government so we can investigate the firing of his incompetent ass for several years.
Brazen331

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:14 am

The worms are starting to squirm.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby bucfanclw » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:35 am

Brazen331 wrote:So, to compare this to the Starr investigation, is it safe to say that Mueller is now entering the blow-job phase of his investigation?

The manufactured Russia hysteria has served its purpose to get a prosecutor appointed as even Mueller is not a big enough prick to even try to prosecute someone under a 1799 law. Even he should agree that he should be fired if he tried something so ludicrous.

So we have to pin everything on some sort of obstruction of justice case and since no collusion can be proven, and even if it could what statute does it violate besides one written when men wore powdered wigs, are we basically investigating Comey and Flynn’s firing and trying to build some sort of case out that?

In my view, that gangly, gawky, bible-verse tweeting hypocritical ***** is the biggest villain in this whole episode. That POS is worse than Hoover. He fucks up an entire election then paralyzes government so we can investigate the firing of his incompetent ass for several years.

The preceding was an advertisement for Fox News

The native advertising is getting crazy around here.
bucfanclw

Postby Brazen331 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:15 am

bucfanclw wrote:
Brazen331 wrote:So, to compare this to the Starr investigation, is it safe to say that Mueller is now entering the blow-job phase of his investigation?

The preceding was an advertisement for Fox News

The native advertising is getting crazy around here.

So this is where we are at. Cool. I think what Starr and Mueller demonstrate is that the whole notion of an Independent Counsel needs to be done away with because they always turn out to be anything but and end up branching off in political, tangential directions.

But since this is Trump, this 'oh, look what random thing I found that I might be able to string together a case with,' will be entertaining, but one last time guys. Congress, whatever you think of it, was at least elected and you can vote them out. They should be handling these investigations and let's do away with this law which as it is applied provides for investigations in search of crimes. It always seems to end up that way; these guys just end up searching for something, anything, to justify their appointment.

And I could really care less about Trump, Clewy. This ain't a defense of Trump or Fox or Breitbart or whatever else. I'll trade you a Trump Impeachment for Mueller to the last Kenneth Starr. Let's end this political witch hunts.
Brazen331

Postby bucfanclw » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:08 pm

"(The) President cannot obstruct justice because he is the chief law enforcement officer under (the Constitution's Article II) and has every right to express his view of any case," Dowd told Axios.

Well the last time that defense was used worked out very well...
bucfanclw

Postby Buc2 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:44 am

On Wednesday, December 13, 2017 at 10:00 a.m., Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein will testify before the House Judiciary Committee at an oversight hearing and and will be webcast live at judiciary.house.gov

Chairman Goodlatte: “I am very troubled by the recent controversy surrounding staff assigned to the special counsel’s investigation into Russian interference in last year’s presidential election. For example, one investigator allegedly has been removed from the special counsel’s team for sending anti-Trump texts. He is also believed to have played a key role in the Clinton investigation, which allowed her and her associates to go unpunished for their use of a private email server to send and receive classified information. Another prosecutor, who remains on the special counsel’s team, has expressed views opposing President Trump’s agenda.

“Next week, Members of the House Judiciary Committee will have the opportunity to ask Deputy Attorney General Rosenstein about these developments since he is tasked with overseeing the special counsel’s investigation. We look forward to hearing from Deputy Attorney General Rosenstein on the many issues facing the Justice Department and on answers to the many questions Members have regarding issues before the Department.”

At this point, this investigation has turned into an endeavor to find something, anything, to try and use against POTUS. This no longer, if it ever did, has anything to do with possible Russian collusion to sway the election. At least with Benghazi the investigation stayed focused on Benghazi.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby bucfanclw » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:31 am

Buc2 wrote:
On Wednesday, December 13, 2017 at 10:00 a.m., Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein will testify before the House Judiciary Committee at an oversight hearing and and will be webcast live at judiciary.house.gov

Chairman Goodlatte: “I am very troubled by the recent controversy surrounding staff assigned to the special counsel’s investigation into Russian interference in last year’s presidential election. For example, one investigator allegedly has been removed from the special counsel’s team for sending anti-Trump texts. He is also believed to have played a key role in the Clinton investigation, which allowed her and her associates to go unpunished for their use of a private email server to send and receive classified information. Another prosecutor, who remains on the special counsel’s team, has expressed views opposing President Trump’s agenda.

“Next week, Members of the House Judiciary Committee will have the opportunity to ask Deputy Attorney General Rosenstein about these developments since he is tasked with overseeing the special counsel’s investigation. We look forward to hearing from Deputy Attorney General Rosenstein on the many issues facing the Justice Department and on answers to the many questions Members have regarding issues before the Department.”

At this point, this investigation has turned into an endeavor to find something, anything, to try and use against POTUS. This no longer, if it ever did, has anything to do with possible Russian collusion to sway the election. At least with Benghazi the investigation stayed focused on Benghazi.

Whatever you need to tell yourself... Personally, if the investigation finds crimes committed by the administration, I think the people should know. I'd say they should pay for those crimes, but we both know they'll never put the country before the party.
bucfanclw

Postby Buc2 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:24 pm

bucfanclw wrote:
Buc2 wrote:

Whatever you need to tell yourself... Personally, if the investigation finds crimes committed by the administration, I think the people should know. I'd say they should pay for those crimes, but we both know they'll never put the country before the party.

Sooo... we should just make this an official part of becoming POTUS. They will be investigated throughout their term in office. For what? For whatever!
Don't tread on me
Buc2

PreviousNext

Return to Politics and Religion