CIA and FBI: Russia Interfered in US Election

A Place to respectfully discuss those topics that you should never discuss.
Re: CIA and FBI: Russia Interfered in US Election

Postby bucfanclw » Wed May 16, 2018 9:36 am

Buc2 wrote:
bucfanclw wrote:Image

If you think that's humorous all the power to you...keep posting it.

But this petty **** is tedious to me.

You realize Zarni said that to you, not me, right? lol
bucfanclw

Postby DreadNaught » Wed May 16, 2018 9:36 am

bucfanclw wrote:
Zarniwoop wrote:

That term actually had a legitimate chance at being a powerful term when it was only applied to a very small subset of the right wing extremist. But then some on the left started applying it to everybody on the right. And even some in the center now as we talked about in the IDW Posts. It is now a meaningless term. Just like racist, misogynist, Islamaphob, transphob, etc.

Like so many of those terms it tells you more about the person that is using it then who it is being targeted against

You forgot beta, SJW, globalist, snowflake, regressive left... oh sorry, we're only concerned about stupid labels from the left? My mistake.

Do you even know who coined the term 'regressive left'? I'll give you a hint, he's not white and not a conservative.

Beta and Globalists are not terms specific to either side.

Snowflake is a meaningless term, so if you're saying it's equal to calling someone alt-right than you're agreeing w/ Zarni.
DreadNaught

Postby bucfanclw » Wed May 16, 2018 9:40 am

DreadNaught wrote:
bucfanclw wrote:You forgot beta, SJW, globalist, snowflake, regressive left... oh sorry, we're only concerned about stupid labels from the left? My mistake.

Do you even know who coined the term 'regressive left'? I'll give you a hint, he's not white and not a conservative.

Snowflake is a meaningless term, so if you're saying it's equal to calling someone alt-right than you're agreeing w/ Zarni.

I get it... we're not concerned with labels applied to people on the left. You don't have to give a breakdown of why none of them apply.
bucfanclw

Postby Zarniwoop » Wed May 16, 2018 9:50 am

bucfanclw wrote:You forgot beta, SJW, globalist, snowflake, regressive left... oh sorry, we're only concerned about stupid labels from the left? My mistake.

bucfanclw wrote:I get it... we're not concerned with labels applied to people on the left. You don't have to give a breakdown of why none of them apply.

Holy **** dude.

We were commenting on something that specifically targets the Right. So I went with other often used criticisms of the right.

If you have a similar point about the left make your list...see what people think

Man you can be tedious
Zarniwoop

Postby bucfanclw » Wed May 16, 2018 9:59 am

Zarniwoop wrote:

bucfanclw wrote:I get it... we're not concerned with labels applied to people on the left. You don't have to give a breakdown of why none of them apply.

Holy **** dude.

We were commenting on something that specifically targets the Right. So I went with other often used criticisms of the right.

If you have a similar point about the left make your list...see what people think

Man you can be tedious

My point is that you guys jump out of the woodwork to complain about a label that, ironically, was what those guys called themselves during the election at the behest of Breitbart, yet you remain stoic when labels are tossed around about the left. So are we concerned about labels or not?
bucfanclw

Postby Zarniwoop » Wed May 16, 2018 10:02 am

bucfanclw wrote:
Zarniwoop wrote:

Holy **** dude.

Man you can be tedious

My point is that you guys jump out of the woodwork to complain about a label that, ironically, was what those guys called themselves during the election at the behest of Breitbart, yet you remain stoic when labels are tossed around about the left. So are we concerned about labels or not?

LOL...as far as I know...this is the first time we mentioned that label and how stupid it is being applied and linked it to other terms (other than when MB first introduced it to us about a year ago), and it was spurred from a joke I made about Ken who clearly is as far from alt-right as you can get but the kind of person that is now getting the label attached to them...and it generated exactly one reply from DN....if you think that is jumping out of the woodwork all the power to you brother.

I'm happy to talk about any label you want and whether I think it is a legitimate label both in theory (like alt-right is) and in practice (like alt-right isn't)...but if you present it like this:

Zarniwoop wrote:

Then I'll just completely avoid the conversation with you as I nearly always do.
Zarniwoop

Postby bucfanclw » Wed May 16, 2018 10:12 am

Zarniwoop wrote:Then I'll just completely avoid the conversation with you as I nearly always do.

Please continue to do so. Your childlike passive-aggressive stance of refusing to reply to me regardless of topic was a nice piece of humor for me.
bucfanclw

Postby DreadNaught » Wed May 16, 2018 10:24 am

bucfanclw wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:

I get it... we're not concerned with labels applied to people on the left. You don't have to give a breakdown of why none of them apply.

I don't think you do get it and retreated to whataboutisms and false equivalencies instead of addressing the point being made. My point was in response to Outtie calling Brazen alt-right. My question was/is why does Outtie and others that throw that term around feel it's justified to call someone a racist/white-supremacist in a discussion that has zero to do with race? I went back and checked some of Brazen's posts the past few days to see if I could find what he posted that would justify that criticism and didn't find anything.

Your response seems to indicate that the term 'alt-right' is just a seemingly innocuous label that is commonplace in partisan discussions. If I'm interpreting that incorrectly, please clarify. I'm all about clarifying and defining these terms/labels regardless of which side uses them.

All of those terms you provided describe a persons behavior and/or ideology. As does alt-right, so I would like to know what Brazen posted that people imply as white-supremacist?
DreadNaught

Postby bucfanclw » Wed May 16, 2018 10:26 am

DN, you might want to clean up your posting history, what with this being the first time you've brought up the whole alt-right problem.

Here's a helpful link to get you started
bucfanclw

Postby bucfanclw » Wed May 16, 2018 10:27 am

DreadNaught wrote:

I don't think you do get it and retreated to whataboutisms and false equivalencies instead of addressing the point being made. My point was in response to Outtie calling Brazen alt-right. My question was/is why does Outtie and others that throw that term around feel it's justified to call someone a racist/white-supremacist in a discussion that has zero to do with race? I went back and checked some of Brazen's posts the past few days to see if I could find what he posted that would justify that criticism and didn't find anything.

Your response seems to indicate that the term 'alt-right' is just a seemingly innocuous label that is commonplace in partisan discussions. If I'm interpreting that incorrectly, please clarify. I'm all about clarifying and defining these terms/labels regardless of which side uses them.

All of those terms you provided describe a persons behavior and/or ideology. As does alt-right, so I would like to know what Brazen posted that people imply as white-supremacist?

I don't recall Breitbart equating the term to race when they promoted the term, but hey, your interpretation is your own.
Last edited by bucfanclw on Wed May 16, 2018 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
bucfanclw

Postby DreadNaught » Wed May 16, 2018 10:31 am

bucfanclw wrote:DN, you might want to clean up your posting history, what with this being the first time you've brought up the whole alt-right problem.

I've mentioned the term before and I'm mentioning it now. Would you like to address it, or continue to intentionally obfuscate?
DreadNaught

Postby DreadNaught » Wed May 16, 2018 10:35 am

bucfanclw wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:

I don't recall Breitbart equating the term to race when they coined the term, but hey, your interpretation is your own.

Clewy, do YOU equate alt-right to white supremacy? Yes or No?

What about my interpretation of alt-right do you disagree with?

DreadNaught wrote: I thought alt-right was tied to an ethno-nationalist ideology based on the principle that the white race was superior to others. Basically a belief in white-supremacy on a national level to put it succinctly.

Via Merriam Webster - a right-wing, primarily online political movement or grouping based in the U.S. whose members reject mainstream conservative politics and espouse extremist beliefs and policies typically centered on ideas of white nationalism
Last edited by DreadNaught on Wed May 16, 2018 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
DreadNaught

Postby bucfanclw » Wed May 16, 2018 10:39 am

DreadNaught wrote:
bucfanclw wrote:DN, you might want to clean up your posting history, what with this being the first time you've brought up the whole alt-right problem.

I've mentioned the term before and I'm mentioning it now. Would you like to address it, or continue to intentionally obfuscate?

Zarni just said this was the first time this conversation came up in his feeble attempt to paint me as reactionary. To address your point, as I have in the past, guys like Brazen proudly wore the tag of alt-right up until people started to notice the correlation that people brandishing the term also expressed very racist and anti-semetic views. It's kind of like how gay used to mean "happy", but the transition of the term was comparatively overnight. Ironically, the same people that bitch about the PC culture seem to now take offense at the term they created because even though the movement was very vague in scope, the fact that some of its members displayed less-than-ideal traits made the rest of them suddenly not want to be grouped in with the "Deplorables".
bucfanclw

Postby Ken Carson » Wed May 16, 2018 10:46 am

bucfanclw wrote:
Ken Carson wrote:Lemme pause right here and say that the true measure of integrity is how Democrats/liberals are acting right now. If this would infuriate you if it was happening to Bernie, but doesn’t bother you happening to Trump, then you have little integrity.

On a related note, I read a great article about Alan Dershowitz. He’s been cast as a Trump supporter, which makes little sense, but in reality he has been remarkably consistent with his past positions on things like abuse of government power.

Liberals have been confronted with some very facist things that have been done in the Mueller investigation, but it’s OK cause Trump is a ‘danger to democracy.’ That’s kinda bullshit, and I’m tired of seeing that. Either you have principles or you don’t.

Um, it DID happen to Bernie if you recall. There was an extended investigation on how his wife secured that loan. I dont recall anyone saying the investigation was a corrupt use of government power because the suspicious activity deserved to be investigated. People were more disappointed in Bernie for the possibility that he was as corrupt as the others. That kind of awareness has not been demonstrated in the slightest by Brazen so you can step down from your high horse now, champ.

Did Bernie's lawyer's office get raided at dawn? Was Bernie the subject of an investigation in which everyone shady he ever worked with was investigated and indicted for crimes from 15 years ago in order to get information on him? It's not the same at all.

Here's a piece of the POLITICO article on Dershowitz:
The Cohen warrant has widened an already-existing rift in the civil liberties world. In normal times, the FBI raid is the kind of aggressive prosecutorial move that would drive civil libertarians crazy: it puts privileged communications at risk of being exposed. “I see no adequate moral reason for invading one of the most sacred relationships in our constitutional democracy,” Silverglate said. This seems like it should be a bread-and-butter type issue for the ACLU, but the organization has been nearly silent on the Cohen warrant. In an op-ed in The Hill, Dershowitz accused the organization of having “abandoned its role as a neutral defender of civil liberties.” He wrote, “For the ACLU,” he wrote, “getting Trump, trumps civil liberties.”

Link to the full piece is here.

Now, might those siezed files reveal the corruption? Sure. But so far, all it has done is shame companies who worked with Trump's lawyer for being associated with Trump through press leaks. What is the point of that? It's offensive to someone who believes in the principles of civil liberty. Or at least it should be.

If you're just on a team, that's fine. Just don't pretend to be principled when your team takes ethical shortcuts to score a few cheap points.
Ken Carson

Postby DreadNaught » Wed May 16, 2018 10:57 am

I must have missed the posts where Brazen called himself alt-right, but I didn't go back more than a few days so I'll assume your claim factual. I certainly don't see eye to eye w/ Brazen on everything (or anyone else for that matter) but I don't view him as a racist/white-supremacist and I don't feel his posting history justifies that implication in any way. Which is why I brought it up. I don't believe that all insults/labels are equal and if you're going to call/imply someone is a racist, pedophile, rapist, etc you should be able to back up that claim w/ more than citing Breitbart.

But I don't want to beat this dead horse further unless yourself or others want to carry on as I've stated my position to this point.
DreadNaught

Postby bucfanclw » Wed May 16, 2018 11:00 am

DreadNaught wrote:I must have missed the posts where Brazen called himself alt-right, but I didn't go back more than a few days so I'll assume your claim factual. I certainly don't see eye to eye w/ Brazen on everything (or anyone else for that matter) but I don't view him as a racist/white-supremacist and I don't feel his posting history justifies that implication in any way. Which is why I brought it up. I don't believe that all insults/labels are equal and if you're going to call/imply someone is a racist, pedophile, rapist, etc you should be able to back up that claim w/ more than citing Breitbart.

But I don't want to beat this dead horse further unless yourself or others want to carry on as I've stated my position to this point.

Again, if you choose to interpret the term as meaning racist even though that was not its originally accepted term, that's fine. Just be aware that in this context, that was not what it meant.
bucfanclw

Postby DreadNaught » Wed May 16, 2018 11:03 am

bucfanclw wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:I must have missed the posts where Brazen called himself alt-right, but I didn't go back more than a few days so I'll assume your claim factual. I certainly don't see eye to eye w/ Brazen on everything (or anyone else for that matter) but I don't view him as a racist/white-supremacist and I don't feel his posting history justifies that implication in any way. Which is why I brought it up. I don't believe that all insults/labels are equal and if you're going to call/imply someone is a racist, pedophile, rapist, etc you should be able to back up that claim w/ more than citing Breitbart.

Again, if you choose to interpret the term as meaning racist even though that was not its originally accepted term, that's fine. Just be aware that in this context, that was not what it meant.

I believe that is the disconnect here.

To be clear, you're saying it's possible to be alt-right but not racist?
DreadNaught

Postby bucfanclw » Wed May 16, 2018 11:05 am

Ken Carson wrote:
bucfanclw wrote:Um, it DID happen to Bernie if you recall. There was an extended investigation on how his wife secured that loan. I dont recall anyone saying the investigation was a corrupt use of government power because the suspicious activity deserved to be investigated. People were more disappointed in Bernie for the possibility that he was as corrupt as the others. That kind of awareness has not been demonstrated in the slightest by Brazen so you can step down from your high horse now, champ.

Did Bernie's lawyer's office get raided at dawn? Was Bernie the subject of an investigation in which everyone shady he ever worked with was investigated and indicted for crimes from 15 years ago in order to get information on him? It's not the same at all.

The Cohen warrant has widened an already-existing rift in the civil liberties world. In normal times, the FBI raid is the kind of aggressive prosecutorial move that would drive civil libertarians crazy: it puts privileged communications at risk of being exposed. “I see no adequate moral reason for invading one of the most sacred relationships in our constitutional democracy,” Silverglate said. This seems like it should be a bread-and-butter type issue for the ACLU, but the organization has been nearly silent on the Cohen warrant. In an op-ed in The Hill, Dershowitz accused the organization of having “abandoned its role as a neutral defender of civil liberties.” He wrote, “For the ACLU,” he wrote, “getting Trump, trumps civil liberties.”

Now, might those siezed files reveal the corruption? Sure. But so far, all it has done is shame companies who worked with Trump's lawyer for being associated with Trump through press leaks. What is the point of that? It's offensive to someone who believes in the principles of civil liberty. Or at least it should be.

If you're just on a team, that's fine. Just don't pretend to be principled when your team takes ethical shortcuts to score a few cheap points.

The problem with all that is that it's conjecture. We don't know what information the Mueller investigation found or how/why they found it because his group has been extremely tight-lipped. We do know that while Nunes did not initially have the names he sought, when that info was provided, he chose not to read it. That comes across as someone that is more interested with trying to discredit the investigation than someone trying to get the facts.
bucfanclw

Postby bucfanclw » Wed May 16, 2018 11:07 am

DreadNaught wrote:
bucfanclw wrote:Again, if you choose to interpret the term as meaning racist even though that was not its originally accepted term, that's fine. Just be aware that in this context, that was not what it meant.

Of course. The majority of alt right aren't. That would be like me questioning whether you believe someone could be Muslim, but not a terrorist.
bucfanclw

Postby Ken Carson » Wed May 16, 2018 11:08 am

bucfanclw wrote:
Ken Carson wrote:

The problem with all that is that it's conjecture. We don't know what information the Mueller investigation found or how/why they found it because his group has been extremely tight-lipped. We do know that while Nunes did not initially have the names he sought, when that info was provided, he chose not to read it. That comes across as someone that is more interested with trying to discredit the investigation than someone trying to get the facts.

What are you referring to? The raid on Cohen's office seized his files, plenty that are probably privileged and protected under the Constitution. What does Nunes have to do with the raid? Your response feels like random sentence generation.
Ken Carson

Postby RedLeader » Wed May 16, 2018 11:26 am

Are we still doing this? Lol.
RedLeader

Postby DreadNaught » Wed May 16, 2018 11:28 am

bucfanclw wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:

Of course. The majority of alt right aren't. That would be like me questioning whether you believe someone could be Muslim, but not a terrorist.

Fair enough. I honestly didn't know people thought that way, so thank you. Everytime I see or hear the term 'alt-right' it has connotations to racism and white-supremacy. Which to be fair to "my interpretation", is consistent with the various definitions found via an internet search of "alt-right".

So if "the majority of those that are alt-right are not racists/white-supremacists" what ideals make a person "alt-right" in your opinion/interpretation?

Are these non-racist folks in the "alt-right" just being 'pro-white' but not racist or prejudice to other groups? I go on Instagram sometimes and see alot 'Pro-Black' hashtags and commentary that I don't feel is racist at all b/c it isn't degrading anyone else but rather than promoting/championing being black, which I don't believe anyone should have a problem with anymore than promoting being a women, or being a muslim. That may not be a great example, but I'm trying to understand w/ a real world analogy of what the non-racist "alt-right" really is b/c apparently I've had a misconception of the term.
DreadNaught

Postby Buc2 » Wed May 16, 2018 11:32 am

bucfanclw wrote:
Buc2 wrote:If you think that's humorous all the power to you...keep posting it.

You realize Zarni said that to you, not me, right? lol

No ****. I purposely went looking for his quote so I could get it right. I did take out the word "political" in the 2nd line, however. Did you really think I thought you were the one that said that the other day? :lol:
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby mdb1958 » Wed May 16, 2018 11:52 am

RedLeader wrote:

Clewiston's search history would scare me.
mdb1958

Postby deltbucs » Wed May 16, 2018 1:30 pm

Buc2 wrote:

If you think that's humorous all the power to you...keep posting it.

LOL!!
deltbucs

Postby deltbucs » Wed May 16, 2018 1:31 pm

mdb1958 wrote:
RedLeader wrote:

Clewiston's search history would scare me.

Meme generators are scary
deltbucs

Postby deltbucs » Wed May 16, 2018 1:40 pm

Ken Carson wrote:
bucfanclw wrote:Um, it DID happen to Bernie if you recall. There was an extended investigation on how his wife secured that loan. I dont recall anyone saying the investigation was a corrupt use of government power because the suspicious activity deserved to be investigated. People were more disappointed in Bernie for the possibility that he was as corrupt as the others. That kind of awareness has not been demonstrated in the slightest by Brazen so you can step down from your high horse now, champ.

So your issue is that Cohen's office was raided...at dawn? How can you say for sure that it was unwarranted? We don't have all the facts. I mean, we know for a fact that Cohen's shell company started receiving millions of dollars as soon as Trump got sworn in. Don't you think it's possible that the DoJ my have some direct evidence of some seriously corrupt **** that Cohen was doing that makes this raid warranted?

And your other issue is that people who worked with Trump and committed crimes are being indicted? I wish they did the same thing with Hilary, Obama, etc...
deltbucs

Postby bucfanclw » Wed May 16, 2018 1:44 pm

deltbucs wrote:And your other issue is that people who worked with Trump and committed crimes are being indicted? I wish they did the same thing with Hilary, Obama, etc...

Look, you need to stop playing teams here because something something ethical shortcuts.
bucfanclw

Postby Ken Carson » Wed May 16, 2018 3:28 pm

deltbucs wrote:
Ken Carson wrote:

So your issue is that Cohen's office was raided...at dawn? How can you say for sure that it was unwarranted? We don't have all the facts. I mean, we know for a fact that Cohen's shell company started receiving millions of dollars as soon as Trump got sworn in. Don't you think it's possible that the DoJ my have some direct evidence of some seriously corrupt **** that Cohen was doing that makes this raid warranted?

And your other issue is that people who worked with Trump and committed crimes are being indicted? I wish they did the same thing with Hilary, Obama, etc...

I’m saying that they better have had proof. If they didn’t, but then find it, they violated the Constution. Are you OK with people violating the Consitution if it means they “get Trump?”
Ken Carson

Postby deltbucs » Wed May 16, 2018 3:33 pm

Ken Carson wrote:
deltbucs wrote:So your issue is that Cohen's office was raided...at dawn? How can you say for sure that it was unwarranted? We don't have all the facts. I mean, we know for a fact that Cohen's shell company started receiving millions of dollars as soon as Trump got sworn in. Don't you think it's possible that the DoJ my have some direct evidence of some seriously corrupt **** that Cohen was doing that makes this raid warranted?

I’m saying that they better have had proof. If they didn’t, but then find it, they violated the Constution. Are you OK with people violating the Consitution if it means they “get Trump?”

No. Not sure where you got that from. You're acting as if it's already proven that they violated the constitution.
deltbucs

PreviousNext

Return to Politics and Religion