CIA and FBI: Russia Interfered in US Election

A Place to respectfully discuss those topics that you should never discuss.
Re: CIA and FBI: Russia Interfered in US Election

Postby Brazen331 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:25 am

mdb1958 wrote:Gov't cover up! Dont fool yourself, they would rather have business as usual - division, divided parties and with its people than have the full truth come out. When you have people come out that are privy to gov't corruption and then set out to expose it - they are causing even more corruption by doing so.

This country right now is under damage control, they will continue with all the bs on the surface until things quiet down and just melt into conspiracy theories. Knowing to much and talking about it can get you killed.

We sure are missing lots of people who talked about the Kennedy assasination, mdb.
Brazen331

Postby mdb1958 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:28 am

Brazen331 wrote:
mdb1958 wrote:Gov't cover up! Dont fool yourself, they would rather have business as usual - division, divided parties and with its people than have the full truth come out. When you have people come out that are privy to gov't corruption and then set out to expose it - they are causing even more corruption by doing so.

This country right now is under damage control, they will continue with all the bs on the surface until things quiet down and just melt into conspiracy theories. Knowing to much and talking about it can get you killed.

We sure are missing lots of people who talked about the Kennedy assasination, mdb.

Two things will be similar, many years and it wont be substantiated by the US gov't.

What is so dangerous right now is the people who are entrusted to the security of our country who think they have a right to bring forth info that they were sworn to protect. Something is going to go down but it isnt nothing but the tip of the iceberg.

As Rocker said if I can use his reference "this -------- guy". Well Trump, the strange individual he is, looks to be someone who will completely tear up the powers that have controlled how our country that has been run for ever how many crazy amount of years.

Uniting this country is what is needed - a divided nation will fall.
mdb1958

Postby Brazen331 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:36 am

It’s a shame that Peter Strzok’s testimony won’t be televised. From what I’ve read he seems to be quite the character, one of those mouthy, know-it-all Leftists who think their **** don’t stink and think they are the smartest person in the room, another Seth Rogan or Michael Moore.

Would have been quite entertaining to watch.
Brazen331

Postby mdb1958 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:19 pm

Brazen331 wrote:It’s a shame that Peter Strzok’s testimony won’t be televised. From what I’ve read he seems to be quite the character, one of those mouthy, know-it-all Leftists who think their **** don’t stink and think they are the smartest person in the room, another Seth Rogan or Michael Moore.

Go on, figure it out! Why isnt this part of the soap opera televised?
mdb1958

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:37 pm

mdb1958 wrote:
Brazen331 wrote:It’s a shame that Peter Strzok’s testimony won’t be televised. From what I’ve read he seems to be quite the character, one of those mouthy, know-it-all Leftists who think their **** don’t stink and think they are the smartest person in the room, another Seth Rogan or Michael Moore.

Fear not!

It's about to get cancelled.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby mdb1958 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:20 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
mdb1958 wrote:

Fear not!

Do you mean we are going to have a DOJ and FBI that represents the gov't again or what?
mdb1958

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:54 pm

mdb1958 wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:Fear not!

Do you mean we are going to have a DOJ and FBI that represents the gov't again or what?

If by "gov't" you mean Donald Trump, you would be correct.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby mdb1958 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:02 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
mdb1958 wrote:

If by "gov't" you mean Donald Trump, you would be correct.

On this one, will you speak English for me.
mdb1958

Postby Brazen331 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:03 pm

mdb1958 wrote:

They used the excuse that it was a classified hearing. But evidently, Strzok hid behind the classification excuse and pretty much refused to answer anything.

So, as of now, it looks like they will try one more closed door interview then he will testify publically.
Brazen331

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:23 pm

mdb1958 wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:If by "gov't" you mean Donald Trump, you would be correct.

On this one, will you speak English for me.

Your man is 3 moves to checkmate right now. I have an 85 year old pawn between me and defeat.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Babeinbucland » Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:25 pm

Rut Row

Michael Cohen Apparently Flipping Is Extremely Bad News for Trump
By
Jonathan Chait

When the FBI raided Michael Cohen’s home and office three months ago, President Trump freaked out like he has never freaked out before. And now the worst of his fears appears to have been realized. In a new interview with George Stephanopoulos, Cohen all but states that he will cooperate with the FBI rather than protect his longtime boss. “My wife, my daughter, and my son, and this country have my first loyalty,” says Cohen. More significantly, ABC reports that Cohen is ending his joint defense agreement with Trump, which is what Michael Flynn did before flipping.

What would it mean for Trump if Cohen turns on him? The short answer is, it would be extremely bad. A somewhat longer list of reasons why:

Cohen apparently made illegal payments on Trump’s behalf. Cohen made payments to Stormy Daniels to keep her quiet about their affair. Daniels’s lawyer, Michael Avenatti, has produced documents proving that she sent her payment to Cohen at his Trump Tower location, and that Cohen communicated through his official Trump Organization email. That means Cohen was acting on Trump’s behalf. And if the payment was intended to help Trump’s campaign, it constitutes an illegal campaign donation.

Asked if Trump directed the payment, Cohen tells ABC, “I want to answer. One day I will answer,” Cohen said. “But for now, I can’t comment further on advice of my counsel.”

Let’s mark that down as a tentative “yes.”

What other crimes may Cohen have committed on Trump’s behalf in the Stormy Daniels case? The Washington Post has reported that, in addition to campaign finance violations, Cohen is being investigated for bank fraud and wire fraud. Daniels has also reported being approached and threatened by a strange man — not Cohen, but quite possibly sent by Cohen, who styles himself as quite the goon.

Cohen kept a lot of evidence. Cohen “often recorded telephone conversations both before and during the 2016 presidential campaign,” reported CNN in April, and these included “discussions about the campaign and interactions with the media.”

Cohen and Trump may have assumed that they could communicate freely because, as Trump’s “lawyer,” their communication would enjoy attorney-client privilege. But Cohen’s true role was as a “fixer,” not a lawyer, and only legal advice qualifies as privileged. Of the more than 300,000 pieces of communication seized by prosecutors, a mere 161 were designated “privileged” by a judge overseeing the case. Prosecutors will have access to a lot of hard evidence.

Cohen can’t be pardoned. Trump has repeatedly flaunted his pardon power in an obvious effort to persuade witnesses to stay loyal. The trouble is that Trump can only issue a pardon for a federal crime. Cohen seems to have committed many state-level crimes, and New York’s state prosecutor is cooperating with Robert Mueller.

The precise contours of Cohen’s state-level criminal history remain to be defined. But reporters at ProPublica and at the New York Times have combed through his business history. His first job out of law school was working for a lawyer who was “charged with bribing insurance adjusters to inflate damage estimates and expedite claims.” His father-in-law, who worked with Cohen in the taxi business, pleaded guilty to tax fraud. His business address was the known headquarters of a Russian-American mobster. Cohen made “scores of car insurance lawsuits, often on behalf of plaintiffs who claimed to have been injured in auto collisions” at a time when “a wave of staged auto accidents, involving immigrants from the former Soviet Union who claimed to have been hurt, had led prosecutors to open a massive investigation.” And so on.

If prosecutors wanted leverage on Cohen that Trump couldn’t touch, they could surely find it.

Cohen dealt with Russia during the campaign. The Steele dossier famously identified Cohen as a point of contact for Russian intelligence in the fall of 2016. Cohen denied the specific meeting, which allegedly took place in Prague. However, Mueller has also reportedly come to doubt Cohen’s alibi.

Cohen also dealt with Russia in his attempts to build a Trump Tower in Moscow and allegedly hand-delivered a pro-Russian peace plan to Michael Flynn. In 2016, his longtime friend, and convicted organized criminal, Felix Sater emailed Cohen, “Our boy can become president of the USA and we can engineer it. I will get all of Putins team to buy in on this, I will manage this process.”

Cohen may have collected bribes after Trump’s election. Russian oligarch Viktor Vekselberg met with Cohen in Trump Tower 11 days before the inauguration, and the two discussed Russian-American relations. After the inauguration, the firm Columbus Nova awarded Cohen a $1 million “consulting contract.”

Columbus Nova is an American firm, but reporting has indicated it is controlled by Vekselberg. The Guardian found that Vekselberg secured loans from a Russian state-controlled entity using Columbus Nova. NPR also found that the FBI has warned that Vekselberg is “a means for the Russian government to access our nation’s sensitive or classified research, development facilities and dual-use technologies with military and commercial applications.”

After Trump won, Cohen suddenly began cashing in on his access to the president-elect. It is possible Trump had nothing to do with this. However, that would be a very un-Trump-like decision. Far more likely, Cohen kicked up some or all of the proceeds.

Now there is a lot of criminal exposure for both Trump and Cohen, many points of access between the two men, and little reason left for Cohen to protect his boss.
Babeinbucland

Postby NavyBuc » Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:38 pm

I think in the end, it could be the Daniels stuff that gets Trump in the most trouble, not Russia. Now Bill Clinton obstructed justice with Lewinksy and only got 50 votes to convict in the Senate when 2/3 were needed, so I don't know if it ever got that far if it is enough to get him thrown out of office. Would probably need at least half the republican party in the Senate to flip on him. Guess we'll see how bad it is. But while I don't think they're going to find a whole lot with Russia, they could find some big cover-ups with this Daniels stuff. I don't know. We'll have to see.
NavyBuc

Postby Rocker » Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:29 pm

I'm going to take an opinion piece by an author of a website that allsides.com lists as left as left can be with an industrial sized grain of salt, tyvm.
Rocker

Postby Babeinbucland » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:16 pm

Rocker wrote:I'm going to take an opinion piece by an author of a website that allsides.com lists as left as left can be with an industrial sized grain of salt, tyvm.

Lol Allsides has no rating as left as left can be lol only left, middle and right. However, lets say this: Fair enough on the opinion/snark but the facts are the fact regardless. Out of the Millions of documents seized from Cohen it appears only 161 are considered attorney/client privledge. Any way you slice it, it sure doesn’t look good for trump.
Babeinbucland

Postby Babeinbucland » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:19 pm

NavyBuc wrote:I think in the end, it could be the Daniels stuff that gets Trump in the most trouble, not Russia. Now Bill Clinton obstructed justice with Lewinksy and only got 50 votes to convict in the Senate when 2/3 were needed, so I don't know if it ever got that far if it is enough to get him thrown out of office. Would probably need at least half the republican party in the Senate to flip on him. Guess we'll see how bad it is. But while I don't think they're going to find a whole lot with Russia, they could find some big cover-ups with this Daniels stuff. I don't know. We'll have to see.

NavyBuc, I am asking you this question with all respect and sincerity - with all the info out there on Russians connected to trump in so many different directions, what do you see that says that all of those coincidences are meaningless? I truly want to understand this from your perspective.
Babeinbucland

Postby NavyBuc » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:02 pm

Babeinbucland wrote:
NavyBuc wrote:I think in the end, it could be the Daniels stuff that gets Trump in the most trouble, not Russia. Now Bill Clinton obstructed justice with Lewinksy and only got 50 votes to convict in the Senate when 2/3 were needed, so I don't know if it ever got that far if it is enough to get him thrown out of office. Would probably need at least half the republican party in the Senate to flip on him. Guess we'll see how bad it is. But while I don't think they're going to find a whole lot with Russia, they could find some big cover-ups with this Daniels stuff. I don't know. We'll have to see.

NavyBuc, I am asking you this question with all respect and sincerity - with all the info out there on Russians connected to trump in so many different directions, what do you see that says that all of those coincidences are meaningless? I truly want to understand this from your perspective.

I'm not doubting Russians are connected to the Trump admin in some way. But do they have a smoking gun that is so bad it will get Trump himself thrown out of office? I don't know. I'm just telling you my hunch which is that they have more incriminating stuff on the Stormy Daniels stuff than Russia. But I could be wrong. None of us knows until that report comes out. There's a lot of rumors out there, but until a report comes out, it's just that. And given the fact there could only be around 45 Democratic senators after midterms and you need 67 senators to vote "I" to throw someone out of office, it's going to have to be a big crime. I thought the case was pretty strong that Clinton committed Obstruction of Justice in '98 for covering up his affair with an intern, yet he only got 50 votes to convict.
NavyBuc

Postby Ken Carson » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:09 pm

Babeinbucland wrote:
Rocker wrote:I'm going to take an opinion piece by an author of a website that allsides.com lists as left as left can be with an industrial sized grain of salt, tyvm.

Lol Allsides has no rating as left as left can be lol only left, middle and right. However, lets say this: Fair enough on the opinion/snark but the facts are the fact regardless. Out of the Millions of documents seized from Cohen it appears only 161 are considered attorney/client privledge. Any way you slice it, it sure doesn’t look good for trump.

Millions of documents? That seems a bit high.
Ken Carson

Postby Babeinbucland » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:09 pm

NavyBuc wrote:
Babeinbucland wrote:

I'm not doubting Russians are connected to the Trump admin in some way. But do they have a smoking gun that is so bad it will get Trump himself thrown out of office? I don't know. I'm just telling you my hunch which is that they have more incriminating stuff on the Stormy Daniels stuff than Russia. But I could be wrong. None of us knows until that report comes out. There's a lot of rumors out there, but until a report comes out, it's just that. And given the fact there could only be around 45 Democratic senators after midterms and you need 67 senators to vote "I" to throw someone out of office, it's going to have to be a big crime. I thought the case was pretty strong that Clinton committed Obstruction of Justice in '98 for covering up his affair with an intern, yet he only got 50 votes to convict.

Ok thanks :)
Babeinbucland

Postby RedLeader » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:25 pm

Actually, I think the more the left stays on Russia, the better it is for Trump...
RedLeader

Postby Babeinbucland » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:45 pm

Ken Carson wrote:
Babeinbucland wrote:Lol Allsides has no rating as left as left can be lol only left, middle and right. However, lets say this: Fair enough on the opinion/snark but the facts are the fact regardless. Out of the Millions of documents seized from Cohen it appears only 161 are considered attorney/client privledge. Any way you slice it, it sure doesn’t look good for trump.

Millions of documents? That seems a bit high.

More than 1.3 million to be more exact

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/pol ... 753279002/
Babeinbucland

Postby HamBone » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:59 pm

RedLeader wrote:Actually, I think the more the left stays on Russia, the better it is for Trump...

Sad but true...
HamBone

Postby deltbucs » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:47 pm

Babeinbucland wrote:Rut Row

Michael Cohen Apparently Flipping Is Extremely Bad News for Trump
By
Jonathan Chait

When the FBI raided Michael Cohen’s home and office three months ago, President Trump freaked out like he has never freaked out before.

I made it this far before I stopped because clearly biased article is biased.
deltbucs

Postby deltbucs » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:48 pm

Babeinbucland wrote:
Ken Carson wrote:Millions of documents? That seems a bit high.

More than 1.3 million to be more exact

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/pol ... 753279002/

So I guess he was right. Millions was a bit high.
deltbucs

Postby NavyBuc » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:43 am

Just so you know, those of you praying for Trump to be thrown out of office, you're going to need a House that is pro-Democrat (which is probably a 50/50 shot right now) and 67 votes in the Senate. The midterms aren't looking good for Dems right now in the Senate. They may only have 46 or 47, which means you're going to have to sway 20 republicans.

In other words, you're going to have to really need something bad to be found in order to get half the republican party in the Senate to vote "yes" on conviction. I'm sure they will find some incriminating stuff, but I just don't know there's going to be that "smoking gun" that can turn more than half the republican party against Trump. We'll wait and see. I don't care either way, personally. Not a Trump fan by any means, but don't think he's doing as horrible a job as the "Maxine Waters liberals" think he is. I just can't stand his tweeting and arrogance. If he got rid of his stupid tweets and arrogance, his approval would be 70+% right now.
NavyBuc

Postby Ken Carson » Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:11 pm

NavyBuc wrote:Just so you know, those of you praying for Trump to be thrown out of office, you're going to need a House that is pro-Democrat (which is probably a 50/50 shot right now) and 67 votes in the Senate. The midterms aren't looking good for Dems right now in the Senate. They may only have 46 or 47, which means you're going to have to sway 20 republicans.

In other words, you're going to have to really need something bad to be found in order to get half the republican party in the Senate to vote "yes" on conviction. I'm sure they will find some incriminating stuff, but I just don't know there's going to be that "smoking gun" that can turn more than half the republican party against Trump. We'll wait and see. I don't care either way, personally. Not a Trump fan by any means, but don't think he's doing as horrible a job as the "Maxine Waters liberals" think he is. I just can't stand his tweeting and arrogance. If he got rid of his stupid tweets and arrogance, his approval would be 70+% right now.

If he got rid of his stupid teeets and arrogance, he would cease to exist on the material plane.
Ken Carson

Postby mdb1958 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:26 pm

Can you judge arrogance without being arrogant.
mdb1958

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:11 pm

mdb1958 wrote:Can you judge arrogance without being arrogant.

Can you ask a question with a question mark?
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Babeinbucland » Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:15 pm

Ken Carson wrote:
NavyBuc wrote:Just so you know, those of you praying for Trump to be thrown out of office, you're going to need a House that is pro-Democrat (which is probably a 50/50 shot right now) and 67 votes in the Senate. The midterms aren't looking good for Dems right now in the Senate. They may only have 46 or 47, which means you're going to have to sway 20 republicans.

If he got rid of his stupid teeets and arrogance, he would cease to exist on the material plane.

:mrgreen:
Babeinbucland

Postby Buc2 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:29 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
mdb1958 wrote:Can you judge arrogance without being arrogant.

Can you ask a question with a question mark?

Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Selmon Rules » Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:31 pm

Summary for those who don't want to read entire thread:

"Did too!"

"Did not!!"

You're welcome....
Sig currently being held hostage by Photobucket, will return next fall
Selmon Rules

PreviousNext

Return to Politics and Religion