CIA and FBI: Russia Interfered in US Election

A Place to respectfully discuss those topics that you should never discuss.
Re: CIA and FBI: Russia Interfered in US Election

Postby beardmcdoug » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:08 am

mdb1958 wrote:
Buc2 wrote:Okay. Yeah...rightwingnews is pretty extreme. Even I don't read their ****. So replace rightwingnews with Fox News then.

That's more in line according to Pew. The below are from a 2014 study, but they're probably not a lot different today.

That chart has me convinced that a liberal could actually be taught that dog **** tastes good. The country's F'ed up and the chart clearly shows why.

mdb with the early morning HEAT
beardmcdoug

Postby mdb1958 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:23 am

beardmcdoug wrote:
mdb1958 wrote:

That chart has me convinced that a liberal could actually be taught that dog **** tastes good. The country's F'ed up and the chart clearly shows why.

With so much news directly tied into politics, its a good example of government education. It literally teaches you how to think and the more hollywood popular it is the more you like it.

You could say 4/5's of the younger generation goes with the more popular way of thinking.
mdb1958

Postby Buc2 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:48 am

mdb1958 wrote:
beardmcdoug wrote:

With so much news directly tied into politics, its a good example of government education. It literally teaches you how to think and the more hollywood popular it is the more you like it.

You could say 4/5's of the younger generation goes with the more popular way of thinking.

Yep. If Miley Cyrus or Alec Baldwin believe something, it must be true. Right?
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby mdb1958 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:05 am

Buc2 wrote:
mdb1958 wrote:

Yep. If Miley Cyrus or Alec Baldwin believe something, it must be true. Right?

It was Miley that got the dude from Waterboy to pierce his nipples!
mdb1958

Postby Buc2 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:12 am

mdb1958 wrote:
Buc2 wrote:Yep. If Miley Cyrus or Alec Baldwin believe something, it must be true. Right?

It was Miley that got the dude from Waterboy to pierce his nipples!

Yeah. She's very influential. People would do well to emulate her beliefs.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby beardmcdoug » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:20 am

I feel bad for miley. she's a completely brainwashed pawn. has been her whole life. poor thing is actually talented too
beardmcdoug

Postby mdb1958 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:48 am

beardmcdoug wrote:I feel bad for miley. she's a completely brainwashed pawn. has been her whole life. poor thing is actually talented too

Poor Billy too! He was brainwashed where he has to say I'm alright with that. He very well may be, but the brainwashed part is he has to say it.
mdb1958

Postby DreadNaught » Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:22 pm

13 Russians and 3 Russian entities have been indicted by the DoJ via the Mueller Investigation. You can read it here

From what I've read it covers much of what this thread has already discussed. The Russian owned 'Internet Research Agency LLC' (which is basically a fancy and well funded troll farm) conducted an information warfare campaign in our election process with the “strategic goal to sow discord in the U.S. political system, including the 2016 presidential election.”. Initially targeting Hillary, Ted Cruz, and Marco Rubio with disparaging content while promoting both Bernie Sanders and Donald Trump.

No US citizen has been alleged to be a willing conspirator, but the indictment did say that a couple of the defendants posed as US persons and were able to work with "unwitting" members of the Trump campaign.

Via NBC

Deputy AG Rosenstein: Indictment involves 8 criminal counts Deputy AG Rosenstein: Indictment involves 8 criminal counts
30 Mins Ago | 02:16
A federal grand jury has indicted 13 Russian nationals and three Russian entities for alleged interference in the 2016 presidential elections, during which they boosted the candidacy of Donald Trump, special counsel Robert Mueller's office said Friday.

The indictment says that a Russian organization called the Internet Research Agency sought to wage "information warfare" against the United States by using fictitious American personas and social media platforms and other Internet-based media.

While that effort was launched in 2014, by early to mid-2016 the defendants were "supporting the presidential campaign of then-candidate Donald J. Trump ... and disparaging Hillary Clinton," the eight-count indictment charges.

As part of those efforts, the defendants also encouraged minority groups to either not vote for in the election or to vote for a third-party candidate. Both actions would have hurt Clinton, who received significant support from minority voters.

And after the election of Trump as president in November 2016, the defendants used fake personas to organize and coordinate political rallies in support of Trump, while also doing the same to create rallies "protesting the results" of the election, the indictment said.

On one day, Nov. 12, 2016, the defendants organized a rally in New York to "show your support for President-elect Donald Trump" while at the same time organizing a "Trump is NOT my president rally" that also was held in New York.
DreadNaught

Postby DreadNaught » Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:24 pm

None of these 13 people are in the US and none can be extradited.
DreadNaught

Postby Buc2 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:38 pm

So, is it a crime to talk to a Russian that was posing as an American?
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby bucfanclw » Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:16 pm

One of the twitter handles in the indictment was followed and retweeted multiple times by Jr. The same guy that organized a meeting with Russian nationals at Trump tower... nope... nothing to see here. Stop asking questions.
bucfanclw

Postby DreadNaught » Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:18 pm

Buc2 wrote:So, is it a crime to talk to a Russian that was posing as an American?

No. Collusion requires intent.

These Russian actors were portraying themselves as US citizens (hence the ID fraud charges). Today's indictment basically provided conformation and clarification to what we already have discussed in this thread. I don't think anything in there was a surprise for those that have followed this thread.

Rosenstien was pretty specific with his comments regarding how no US citizen was a willing participant and how these actions did not change the outcome of the election. Although I'm not sure how he can be so sure about the latter with how close WI and MI were. Maybe some people were influenced by Russian trolls on the internet to not vote for Hillary and either didn't vote or voted 3rd party (which the indictment states was one directive of this misinformation campaign).

We all know Russians trolled Americans through social media during and after the election to promote discord among citizens and distrust in our candidates and election process. But who was in charge when this was occurring and didn't stop it? If Obama knew why didn't he demand that his buddy Zuckerberg stop it along with Jack over at twitter? If Obama didn't know than that means the IC was incompetent, no?

Anyways, still waiting one Trump-Russia collusion. Todays indictment looks like Mueller is giving himself a way out of this. Maybe I'm wrong though. We'll see.
Last edited by DreadNaught on Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DreadNaught

Postby DreadNaught » Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:26 pm

bucfanclw wrote:One of the twitter handles in the indictment was followed and retweeted multiple times by Jr. The same guy that organized a meeting with Russian nationals at Trump tower... nope... nothing to see here. Stop asking questions.

Who said to stop asking questions? Mueller is doing his thing, is that good enough for you now?

Jr isn't the President and wasn't running. He got trolled (which I'm sure you can sympathize with, amirite :P ). While embarrassing, it's not a crime unless you can prove some type if intent to collude. Which to this point there has not been. But be patient, just b/c you didn't get the news you wanted today doesn't mean it's not coming.
DreadNaught

Postby uscbucsfan » Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:27 pm

DreadNaught wrote:
Buc2 wrote:So, is it a crime to talk to a Russian that was posing as an American?

Anyways, still waiting one Trump-Russia collusion. Todays indictment looks like Mueller is giving himself a way out of this. Maybe I'm wrong though. We'll see.

That's what it appeared like with

"Some Defendants, posing as U.S. persons and without revealing their Russian association, communicated with unwitting individuals associated with the Trump Campaign and with other political activists to seek to coordinate political activities."
uscbucsfan

Postby Brazen331 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:29 pm

bucfanclw wrote:One of the twitter handles in the indictment was followed and retweeted multiple times by Jr. The same guy that organized a meeting with Russian nationals at Trump tower... nope... nothing to see here. Stop asking questions.

Don’t give up. Keep fighting the good fight. It’s not just Trump Jr, we still got Manafort and Flynn, Clewy. And Carter Page. And George Pappydoupoulis. I certainly hope Mueller isn't going to give up.
Brazen331

Postby bucfanclw » Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:39 pm

DreadNaught wrote:

Who said to stop asking questions? Mueller is doing his thing, is that good enough for you now?

Jr isn't the President and wasn't running. He got trolled (which I'm sure you can sympathize with, amirite :P ). While embarrassing, it's not a crime unless you can prove some type if intent to collude. Which to this point there has not been. But be patient, just b/c you didn't get the news you wanted today doesn't mean it's not coming.

I'm pretty sure Mueller is sitting on a lot more. This is just what they've put together for indictments so far.
bucfanclw

Postby DreadNaught » Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:43 pm

uscbucsfan wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:

That's what it appeared like with

"Some Defendants, posing as U.S. persons and without revealing their Russian association, communicated with unwitting individuals associated with the Trump Campaign and with other political activists to seek to coordinate political activities."

I'm sure Mueller is looking into that. But collusion is difficult to prove and certainly requires intent. Based on Rosentiens own words today it seems that isn't what has been uncovered to this point or he would've avoided those phrases imo.

We'll see, it's not over.
Last edited by DreadNaught on Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DreadNaught

Postby DreadNaught » Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:44 pm

bucfanclw wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:

I'm pretty sure Mueller is sitting on a lot more. This is just what they've put together for indictments so far.

I don't disagree.
DreadNaught

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:48 pm

DreadNaught wrote:
bucfanclw wrote:I'm pretty sure Mueller is sitting on a lot more. This is just what they've put together for indictments so far.

I don't disagree.

Tip o' the iceberg.

Get em', Bob!
Last edited by Mountaineer Buc on Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby DreadNaught » Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:49 pm

DreadNaught

Postby DreadNaught » Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:00 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:
I don't disagree.

Tip o' the iceberg.

Get em', Bob!

Get who/what exactly? The truth, right?
DreadNaught

Postby mdb1958 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:17 pm

Mommy I'm only three, why do I hate Trumff?
mdb1958

Postby mdb1958 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:24 pm

Lil girl's mom talking to friend on the phone:

I swear, I'm making Tabithas breakfast and she blurts that out - isnt that the coolest thing --- I'm so proud of her, who would think that I could teach her to hate at such an early age... No seriously, I dont have a clue where she got that from.

If only I could have gotten that with my phone.

Friend: Way cool, you go girl.
mdb1958

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:51 pm

DreadNaught wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:Tip o' the iceberg.

Get em', Bob!

Get who/what exactly? The truth, right?

Right.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Brazen331 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:31 pm

Isn’t it starting to look obvious what happened? The Russians obviously want to sow discord so they are going to promote the anti-establishment candidates, in this election that would be Sanders and Trump. That’s what they did and if Hillary won like she was supposed to this would have been a non-story.

But she didn’t so we had to start this escapade to see if we could find something. Now, as far as MB’s desire to find the truth, if that truth looks like it’s going to turn up more wrong doing by people like Comey and Clapper and Brennan, I don’t think Mueller is going to want to go down that path and I don’t think MB will want him to either. So I agree with Dread, looks like Mueller is looking for a way to end this debacle.
Brazen331

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:56 pm

Meuller can burn down anybody who needs it in this case.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Brazen331 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:17 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:Meuller can burn down anybody who needs it in this case.

Since you say you only watch your local news on TV, I did a perusal of the media for you. The talking point now, on virtually every channel, is that this is a vindication against Trump’s claim of a ‘total hoax.’ They are championing the notion that we now have proof of Russian meddling and that this is a great victory.

Notice, hardly any talk of collusion now. Here’s my problem: we didn’t start this to find out something we already knew. Russia meddles in every election just like we meddle in theirs’. This has always been common knowledge. We did this to find collusion and now that it is looking like we will come up dry here, the media is trying to act like this was not their obession over the past year.
Brazen331

Postby bucfanclw » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:20 pm

Brazen331 wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:Meuller can burn down anybody who needs it in this case.

Since you say you only watch your local news on TV, I did a perusal of the media for you. The talking point now, on virtually every channel, is that this is a vindication against Trump’s claim of a ‘total hoax.’ They are championing the notion that we now have proof of Russian meddling and that this is a great victory.

Notice, hardly any talk of collusion now. Here’s my problem: we didn’t start this to find out something we already knew. Russia meddles in every election just like we meddle in theirs’. This has always been common knowledge. We did this to find collusion and now that it is looking like we will come up dry here, the media is trying to act like this was not their obession over the past year.

Keep being you Brazen...
bucfanclw

Postby Brazen331 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:49 pm

bucfanclw wrote:
Brazen331 wrote:

Keep being you Brazen...

I promise to if you agree to keep being you. Why do you think they held this PC announcing these findings today, Clewy? The cynic in me says it was to divert attention from the potential scandal of the FBI ignoring tips about the school shooter but I’m sure it’s all entirety coincidental.

Oh, and some of these Russians who were indicted today had their visas approved by the Obama state department. I’m sure this concerns you Clewy and you will want to investigate possible collusion here.

Oh, and why haven’t these Russians been charged with hacking the DNC? Could it have been an inside job all along?
Brazen331

Postby bucfanclw » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:03 pm

Trump could stab someone to death with a letter opener right in front of him and Brazen would blame Obama for leaving the letter opener in the resolute desk.
bucfanclw

PreviousNext

Return to Politics and Religion