CIA and FBI: Russia Interfered in US Election

A Place to respectfully discuss those topics that you should never discuss.
Re: CIA and FBI: Russia Interfered in US Election

Postby bucfanclw » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:29 pm

Buc2 wrote:
bucfanclw wrote:Whatever you need to tell yourself... Personally, if the investigation finds crimes committed by the administration, I think the people should know. I'd say they should pay for those crimes, but we both know they'll never put the country before the party.

Sooo... we should just make this an official part of becoming POTUS. They will be investigated throughout their term in office. For what? For whatever!

Or, and stick with me because this may sound crazy, stop openly breaking the law. Just a thought.
bucfanclw

Postby Buc2 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:40 pm

bucfanclw wrote:
Buc2 wrote:Sooo... we should just make this an official part of becoming POTUS. They will be investigated throughout their term in office. For what? For whatever!

Or, and stick with me because this may sound crazy, stop openly breaking the law. Just a thought.

So, and stay with me here, what laws has he broken?
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:44 pm

Buc2 wrote:
bucfanclw wrote:Or, and stick with me because this may sound crazy, stop openly breaking the law. Just a thought.

That's what we're waiting on Mueller to find out for us.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby bucfanclw » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:52 pm

Buc2 wrote:
bucfanclw wrote:Or, and stick with me because this may sound crazy, stop openly breaking the law. Just a thought.

He apparently knew that Flynn lied to the FBI about Russia way back in January. He didn't fire hjim for another month after asking Comey to drop the investigation on Flynn. None of this seems the least bit suspicious to you? If Clinton did the same thing, you'd already be fitting her for a noose, as would I.
bucfanclw

Postby Brazen331 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:17 am

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
Buc2 wrote:So, and stay with me here, what laws has he broken?

That's what we're waiting on Mueller to find out for us.

But what happens to Mueller’s investigation when Congress finally gets the FBI to turn over the FISA application and we find out that the FBI was in bed witb the Democrat party, that the Steele dossier was used as the excuse to allow the Obama administration to spy on the Trump campaign?

If this turns out be true, and this whole ball started rolling as a result of fraud, what happens next? Does Mueller still retain legitimacy or does the whole thing collapse?
Brazen331

Postby DreadNaught » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:07 am

bucfanclw wrote:
Buc2 wrote:So, and stay with me here, what laws has he broken?

He apparently knew that Flynn lied to the FBI about Russia way back in January. He didn't fire hjim for another month after asking Comey to drop the investigation on Flynn. None of this seems the least bit suspicious to you? If Clinton did the same thing, you'd already be fitting her for a noose, as would I.

You said "openly breaking the law" in your previous post, now when asked to clarify it's "apparently". So which is it?

Take a queue from MB and wait until Mueller reports it instead of parroting from the comments section of from Vox/Huffpo articles.
DreadNaught

Postby HamBone » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:57 am

Anyone following the Strzok story?
HamBone

Postby Zarniwoop » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:53 am

HamBone wrote:Anyone following the Strzok story?

Not beyond the headlines.

I admittedly have little interest in the ongoings of the original story and it’s offspins until something is more established
Zarniwoop

Postby StillCSG » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:43 am

Buc2 wrote:

Misprision of a felony
StillCSG

Postby deltbucs » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:04 pm

Brazen331 wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:That's what we're waiting on Mueller to find out for us.

But what happens to Mueller’s investigation when Congress finally gets the FBI to turn over the FISA application and we find out that the FBI was in bed witb the Democrat party, that the Steele dossier was used as the excuse to allow the Obama administration to spy on the Trump campaign?

If this turns out be true, and this whole ball started rolling as a result of fraud, what happens next? Does Mueller still retain legitimacy or does the whole thing collapse?

This guy. LOL!!
deltbucs

Postby DreadNaught » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:20 pm

HamBone wrote:Anyone following the Strzok story?

I saw a clip on twitter of Rep. Jim Jordan questioning FBI Director Wray on Strzok/FISA. Jordan seemed pretty convinced and applied pressure to Wray to provide clarification/transparency on the FISA application.

But like someone posted it's too much for me to closely follow every breaking anecdote regarding his investigation so I'll just wait til Mueller reports or some conclusive findings/evidence is made public to form an opinion about. Just too many moving parts with everything from Russia, Trump, interference, collusion, Clinton/DNC, FBI, etc and what seems like a shocking development one day is gone from the news cycle 2-3 days later.
DreadNaught

Postby DreadNaught » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:24 pm

deltbucs wrote:
Brazen331 wrote:

This guy. LOL!!

Fwiw a Congressmen seems awfully convinced this was exactly what happened and when as far as questioning the FBI Director about it in open testimony. WaPa and TheHill have even reported on it.

Not saying it's true or that I believe it. But it's not crazy based on who is talking and reporting on it.

We'll see.. Seems a bit far fetched imo but nothing surprises me in all of this.

Last edited by DreadNaught on Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:59 pm, edited 6 times in total.
DreadNaught

Postby Brazen331 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:40 pm

When I referred to the possibility of FBI and Dems working together I am of course talking about rogue, ideological agents(James Comey for example) not the institution as a whole.

Remember the Obama Twitter/phone drop skit: 'at least I will go down as a President?' Nobody dreamed Trump would win. You would never know about this Peter Strok character if Clinton won and there will be more such figures uncovered in coming weeks. Much malfeasance went down during the election I think because it was all just assumed it would never come to light, all get swept under the rug by a Justice Department run by Loretta Lynn.

I don't think having partisans like Trey Gowdy investigate this helps much either. This needs to be investigated in a non-biased manner.
Brazen331

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:03 pm

It's like watching a twilight zone episode called "Corsair becomes a conservative"

Edit: actually, no. Corsair cited sources instead of parroting what his hate radio host said.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Brazen331 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:10 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:It's like watching a twilight zone episode called "Corsair becomes a conservative"

Edit: actually, no. Corsair cited sources instead of parroting what his hate radio host said.

You miss and want your wingman back, don't you? He's like Maverick to your Goose. But he still won't engage.
Brazen331

Postby Rocker » Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:09 am

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
Corsair cited sources.

Let’s not get too excited here. Corsair did a lot for this sub forum, but citation was never his strong suit.
Rocker

Postby DreadNaught » Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:53 am

Rocker wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:
Corsair cited sources.

Let’s not get too excited here. Corsair did a lot for this sub forum, but citation was never his strong suit.

I do miss the random quoted walls of text that would pop up.
DreadNaught

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:03 am

Rocker wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:
Corsair cited sources.

Entire walls of text.

You're right, He didn't cite sources, he posted them.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Brazen331 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:17 am

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
Rocker wrote:

Entire walls of text.

You're right, He didn't cite sources, he posted them.

Exactly MB, just think what Corsair would have done this past week: first, he would have pasted the fake news story about Mueller issuing a subpoena for Trump financial records from Deutshe Bank, then he would have doubled down with another cut/paste job detailing the CNN fake news story about Wikileaks giving Trump Jr. advance notice of what they had before the document dump.

And then he would have topped it all off by linking the Brian Ross/ABC fake news story about Trump telling Flynn to contact Russians while he was still a candidate. It’s a big loss indeed.
Brazen331

Postby Zarniwoop » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:19 am

Corsair rarely posted citations...Ken used to ask for them all the time

Maybe he improved in it a bit but it certainly wasn’t his MO
Zarniwoop

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:27 am

Zarniwoop wrote:Corsair rarely posted citations...Ken used to ask for them all the time

Maybe he improved in it a bit but it certainly wasn’t his MO

Okay, since that didn't fly I'll try and think of some other analogy for Brazen's histrionic melodrama.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Zarniwoop » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:30 am

I think there’s a better analogy within grasp :)
Zarniwoop

Postby Rocker » Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:22 pm

https://interc.pt/2C05B1I

Seriously good read by Glenn Greenwald. I’d love to hear y’alls thoughts about it.
Rocker

Postby mdb1958 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:02 pm

Rocker wrote:https://interc.pt/2C05B1I

Seriously good read by Glenn Greenwald. I’d love to hear y’alls thoughts about it.

Flip --- flop
mdb1958

Postby Rocker » Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:10 pm

Fantastic contribution, mdb.
Rocker

Postby Buc2 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:21 pm

This is actually the first I'm hearing of all this. As you may already know, I don't watch any news outlets anymore. I usually just skim through various online news feeds when I have some time and read stories that seem of interest to me. At any rate, this is exactly the type of crap that has turned me away from the news media. This kind of crap should make everyone angry. Not just Trump supporters or conservatives. Everyone. This is the type of thing that should elicit an avalanche of angry letter writing to the directors of these, so-called, news paragons, demanding an explanation. But, alas, it will only garner angry responses from one side of the political spectrum. And we move on.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby mdb1958 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:51 pm

Rocker wrote:Fantastic contribution, mdb.

from long ago.
mdb1958

Postby Rocker » Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:56 pm

Buc2 wrote:

This is actually the first I'm hearing of all this. As you may already know, I don't watch any news outlets anymore. I usually just skim through various online news feeds when I have some time and read stories that seem of interest to me. At any rate, this is exactly the type of crap that has turned me away from the news media. This kind of crap should make everyone angry. Not just Trump supporters or conservatives. Everyone. This is the type of thing that should elicit an avalanche of angry letter writing to the directors of these, so-called, news paragons, demanding an explanation. But, alas, it will only garner angry responses from one side of the political spectrum. And we move on.

I have a ton of respect for Greenwald. He’s the guy that broke the Snowden news.
Rocker

Postby bucfanclw » Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:02 pm

CNN certainly screwed up. They should have done better diligence on their story. Fox News also screwed up with their false forgery accusations for the Roy Moore accuser. It sucks when media outlets too readily accept a story without verifying it first if it hurts the opposition. NYT and other print media definitely put more effort into verification than TV.
bucfanclw

Postby Rocker » Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:09 pm

bucfanclw wrote:CNN certainly screwed up. They should have done better diligence on their story. Fox News also screwed up with their false forgery accusations for the Roy Moore accuser. It sucks when media outlets too readily accept a story without verifying it first if it hurts the opposition. NYT and other print media definitely put more effort into verification than TV.

I agree completely.
Rocker

PreviousNext

Return to Politics and Religion