Dump Kellogg?

A Place to respectfully discuss those topics that you should never discuss.
Dump Kellogg?

Postby Phantom Phenom » Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:53 pm

Last Updated: November 30, 2016 9:47 pm
The right-wing news outlet Breitbart News announced it is organizing a boycott of cereals giant Kellogg’s after the firm said it would pull advertising from the website.

Breitbart started the hashtag #DumpKelloggs on Twitter before it was the top trending term on the social media platform on Wednesday night. On Facebook trends, it was also ranked highly. As of Wednesday night, the hashtag disappeared from Twitter’s trends section.

“We regularly work with our media-buying partners to ensure our ads do not appear on sites that aren’t aligned with our values as a company,” stated Kellogg’s Kris Charles in explaining the pulling of ads. “We recently reviewed the list of sites where our ads can be placed and decided to discontinue advertising on Breitbart.com. We are working to remove ads from that site.”

As a result, Breitbart went on the counter-offensive, heavily featuring articles about the boycott on its front page.

“Breitbart News is the largest platform for pro-family content anywhere on the Internet. We are fearless advocates for traditional American values, perhaps most important among them is freedom of speech, or our motto ‘more voices, not less,'” said Breitbart News Editor-in-Chief Alexander Marlow . “For Kellogg’s, an American brand, to blacklist Breitbart News in order to placate left-wing totalitarians is a disgraceful act of cowardice. They insult our incredibly diverse staff and spit in the face of our 45,000,000 highly engaged, highly perceptive, highly loyal readers, many of whom are Kellogg’s customers.”

A number of other companies have pulled ads from Breitbart, including Allstate, Nest, EarthLink, Warby Parker, SoFi, and the investment firm Vanguard, The Guardian reported.

A number of Donald Trump supporters have called for boycotts during the Republican candidate’s campaign, including ones against Pepsi (and its subsidiaries), Oreos, and Netflix.

http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/2192678 ... s-boycott/
Phantom Phenom

Re: Dump Kellogg?

Postby deltbucs » Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:15 am

You've got to be ****ing kidding me. Trump's staff is a bunch of thin-skinned ******* just like he is...
deltbucs

Postby Corsair » Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:18 am

I can't think of a better way to alienate future advertisers.

"If you decide to pull your advertising from our publication, we will mobilize our viewership against you via boycotts"

Never mind the free publicity they are giving Kellogg.

I expect more companies to follow suit. It's a win/win.
Corsair

Postby MJW » Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:31 am

I love economic boycotts. It's a much closer imitation of representation in our system than voting is. And unlike voting, an economic boycott can actually affect change.

That said, I wouldn't boycott a company simply for pulling it's ads from a website. That strikes me as the kind of reactionary nonsense best left to college kids.
MJW

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:17 am

Largest platform for pro-family content on the internet?

That's as laughable as it inaccurate.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Wharf Rat » Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:01 am

deltbucs wrote:You've got to be ****ing kidding me. Trump's staff is a bunch of thin-skinned ******* just like he is...

Sure. But let's not act like he's the first "thin-skinned" and sensitive leader that we've had (Obama).
Wharf Rat

Postby bucfanclw » Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:52 am

Wharf Rat wrote:
deltbucs wrote:You've got to be ****ing kidding me. Trump's staff is a bunch of thin-skinned ******* just like he is...

Sure. But let's not act like he's the first "thin-skinned" and sensitive leader that we've had (Obama).

Examples?
bucfanclw

Postby mightyleemoon » Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:32 am

bucfanclw wrote:
Wharf Rat wrote:

Examples?

There aren't any. Obama...Bush...Clinton...etc. They all took a roasting and remained presidential. Trump is the first of this hyper-image kind. And...more is on the way.
mightyleemoon

Postby DreadNaught » Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:14 am

If I'm reading the comments correctly is seems that people associate Breibart = Trump?

If that is the case the same logic should apply that every far left outlet (Salon, DailyKos, HuffPo, etc) = Obama?

If so, I personally don't think along those lines. But either way I agree with MJW to some degree here regarding economic boycotts (I disagree with her sentiment that voting doesn't effect change). Kellogg's has every right to advertise where and how they want. Just as consumers have every right to spend their money where they want. I don't think either side is 'right' or 'wrong' in their actions here.
DreadNaught

Postby mightyleemoon » Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:42 am

DreadNaught wrote:If I'm reading the comments correctly is seems that people associate Breibart = Trump?

If that is the case the same logic should apply that every far left outlet (Salon, DailyKos, HuffPo, etc) = Obama?

If so, I personally don't think along those lines. But either way I agree with MJW to some degree here regarding economic boycotts (I disagree with her sentiment that voting doesn't effect change). Kellogg's has every right to advertise where and how they want. Just as consumers have every right to spend their money where they want. I don't think either side is 'right' or 'wrong' in their actions here.

I think it started with delt referencing Trump's staff as thin skinned. And, Breitbart is Trump's staff.
mightyleemoon

Postby DreadNaught » Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:57 am

mightyleemoon wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:If I'm reading the comments correctly is seems that people associate Breibart = Trump?

I think it started with delt referencing Trump's staff as thin skinned. And, Breitbart is Trump's staff.

Gotcha.. I assume this connection is due to the appointment of Steve Bannon. If that is in fact the case people should look at the Obama administrations connections to the MSM media b/c it pales in comparison. One outlet (Breitbart) has ties to Trump, meanwhile ABC, CBS, NBC, CTR, Media Matters, etc ALL have ties to the Obama administration and/or the DNC. So by this logic they are 'Obama's staff' just as Breitbart is 'Trump's staff', no?
DreadNaught

Postby mightyleemoon » Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:09 am

DreadNaught wrote:Gotcha.. I assume this connection is due to the appointment of Steve Bannon. If that is in fact the case people should look at the Obama...

Is this how you run your life? "Well, my neighbor can get away with such and such...so I should be able to, too." You realize this makes you the same sap as all the Democrats crying about Bush anytime someone said anything sour about their boy, Obama...right?

Ultimately, delt called Trump's staff as thin skinned as Trump himself. And, there is no denying that Trump, indeed, will have the thinnest skin of any President in my lifetime. You can try to say "Well, Obama has thin skin"...but that is a pretty terrible deflection. He's weather ridicule just as well as his predecessors.

Keep your eye on the ball. Or...keep talking about Obama. Limp wristed Democrats lived that way for 8 years...so I guess you can take your turn if you want.
mightyleemoon

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:10 am

Moral equivalency. Whatever works.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby DreadNaught » Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:30 am

mightyleemoon wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:Gotcha.. I assume this connection is due to the appointment of Steve Bannon. If that is in fact the case people should look at the Obama...

Is this how you run your life? "Well, my neighbor can get away with such and such...so I should be able to, too." You realize this makes you the same sap as all the Democrats crying about Bush anytime someone said anything sour about their boy, Obama...right?

Ultimately, delt called Trump's staff as thin skinned as Trump himself. And, there is no denying that Trump, indeed, will have the thinnest skin of any President in my lifetime. You can try to say "Well, Obama has thin skin"...but that is a pretty terrible deflection. He's weather ridicule just as well as his predecessors.

Keep your eye on the ball. Or...keep talking about Obama. Limp wristed Democrats lived that way for 8 years...so I guess you can take your turn if you want.

You're making quite a few assumptions here. I never called Obama thin skinned, and agree Trump does act thin skinned way too often, and as POTUS that isn't a good look.

The only reason I brought up Obama is the correlation being made in this thread and how I find it to be hypocritical.
DreadNaught

Postby mightyleemoon » Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:00 pm

DreadNaught wrote:
mightyleemoon wrote:

You're making quite a few assumptions here. I never called Obama thin skinned, and agree Trump does act thin skinned way too often, and as POTUS that isn't a good look.

The only reason I brought up Obama is the correlation being made in this thread and how I find it to be hypocritical.

Allowing the previous administration to set the bar for shitty behavior is a pretty lousy way to make any improvements. But, I suspect you and yours will continue with this behavior...just like the Democrats before you.
mightyleemoon

Return to Politics and Religion