Obama

A Place to respectfully discuss those topics that you should never discuss.
Obama

Postby mdb1958 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:38 am

After he gets his entire 8 years wiped out, then what? Does anyone have any thought to what he will do in the future?
mdb1958

Re: Obama

Postby MJW » Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:06 am

mdb1958 wrote:After he gets his entire 8 years wiped out, then what? Does anyone have any thought to what he will do in the future?

Two general observations:

One, live by the Executive Order, die by the Executive Order. Obama spent his first term shredding Bush's (many) EOs. Trump will spend his first (only?) term doing the same to Obama's (many) EOs. The problem with governing with a phone and a pen is, the next guy get a phone, a pen, AND a bottle of white-out.

Two, I imagine he'll write his 9th stirring autobiography, and wear out the letter "I" on multiple keyboards in the process.
MJW

Postby sanka » Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:26 am

After 6 months of Trump....every American will wish Obama was still president :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dark days ahead....you want to strip Obamacare but you don't even have anything to replace it with ...
sanka

Postby sanka » Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:36 am

sanka

Postby Brazen331 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:25 am

mdb1958 wrote:After he gets his entire 8 years wiped out, then what? Does anyone have any thought to what he will do in the future?

He is going to make 200,000 dollar speeches and try to become a billionaire. Same thing Bill and Hillary are doing right now.
Brazen331

Postby bucfanclw » Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:41 am

bucfanclw

Postby mightyleemoon » Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:37 am

MJW wrote:

One, live by the Executive Order, die by the Executive Order. Obama spent his first term shredding Bush's (many) EOs. Trump will spend his first (only?) term doing the same to Obama's (many) EOs. The problem with governing with a phone and a pen is, the next guy get a phone, a pen, AND a bottle of white-out.

Two, I imagine he'll write his 9th stirring autobiography, and wear out the letter "I" on multiple keyboards in the process.

Speaking of the Executive Orders. Where did the 'Obama writes a ton of Executive Orders' narrative come from? You have to go all the way back to Grover Cleveland to find a President who wrote less orders per year than Obama.
mightyleemoon

Postby DreadNaught » Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:02 am

Brazen331 wrote:

He is going to make 200,000 dollar speeches and try to become a billionaire. Same thing Bill and Hillary are doing right now.

Yup. Obama will be just fine. He's going to be swimming in cash. Michelle has stated she has no interest in politics, but I would not be surprised if that changes $$$$. The DNC went all in with Hillary and now they have a severely weak bench to lead the party. Michelle Obama (like her husband) is very likable and may be the best shot the Democrats have in 4 years.
DreadNaught

Postby bucfanclw » Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:14 am

mightyleemoon wrote:
MJW wrote:

Speaking of the Executive Orders. Where did the 'Obama writes a ton of Executive Orders' narrative come from? You have to go all the way back to Grover Cleveland to find a President who wrote less orders per year than Obama.

They try not to let facts get in the way of Obama hate.

bucfanclw

Postby DreadNaught » Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:20 am

mightyleemoon wrote:
MJW wrote:

Who said Obama wrote a ton of EO's? MJW was just making the point the EO's are only good until the next President takes office. Obama wrote 49 less than GWB and 120 less than WJC.

DreadNaught

Postby Zarniwoop » Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:35 am

the amount of executive orders is trivial IMO...it's the content within them.

some are rather meaningless in the big picture...others influence everyone to a much larger effect...either their freedoms or their pocketbooks.
Zarniwoop

Postby mightyleemoon » Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:38 am

DreadNaught wrote:
mightyleemoon wrote:

Who said Obama wrote a ton of EO's? MJW was just making the point the EO's are only good until the next President takes office. Obama wrote 49 less than GWB and 120 less than WJC.

Who said MJW said Obama wrote a ton of EOs? (Although, she did say he wrote many). The Executive Order thing just reminded me that the narrative is out there that Obama writes a ton of orders. Are you unaware of that narrative?

Also, maybe statistics isn't your thing if you want to compare the total number of orders a President wrote in 8 years vs a President that only sat for 4 years.
mightyleemoon

Postby deltbucs » Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:49 am

mightyleemoon wrote:
MJW wrote:

It's Trump supporters you're talking about. They see a meme posted one time and think it's true. No need to research...and even if they did, they don't care about the truth if it doesn't fit their narrative.
deltbucs

Postby DreadNaught » Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:56 am

mightyleemoon wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:

Who said MJW said Obama wrote a ton of EOs? (Although, she did say he wrote many). The Executive Order thing just reminded me that the narrative is out there that Obama writes a ton of orders. Are you unaware of that narrative?

Also, maybe statistics isn't your thing if you want to compare the total number of orders a President wrote in 8 years vs a President that only sat for 4 years.

You brought up this narrative as a straw man argument into this discussion. GWB and WJC were the Presidents I compared and both were 2-term Presidents.
DreadNaught

Postby mightyleemoon » Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:03 am

DreadNaught wrote:
mightyleemoon wrote:

You brought up this narrative as a straw man argument into this discussion. GWB and WJC were the Presidents I compared and both were 2-term Presidents.

You post graphics without looking at them? There's a whole bunch of 1 term presidents on there.
mightyleemoon

Postby DreadNaught » Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:08 am

mightyleemoon wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:

You post graphics without looking at them? There's a whole bunch of 1 term presidents on there.

Oh... So you didn't read my post where I specifically referenced our two most recent President's before Obama? Both of which were also 2-terms.

I posted the graphic just so everyone is working off the same data. I never mentioned a 1 term President.
DreadNaught

Postby mightyleemoon » Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:14 am

DreadNaught wrote:
mightyleemoon wrote:

Oh... So you didn't read my post where I specifically referenced our two most recent President's before Obama? Both of which were also 2-terms.

I posted the graphic just so everyone is working off the same data. I never mentioned a 1 term President.

The graphic is a bad statistics graphic. It looks at total number without regard for how long the President was there. I would have thought you were against MSM type tactics.

And, yea, I read your post. You pointed out that Obama wrote less than previous presidents...thus supporting the notion that the 'Obama writes a bunch of orders' narrative is a ridiculous narrative. Glad we can agree. It's weird that you have to frame your agreement as an argument. But, I'm guessing you have some weird hair up your ass about me. I'm not a likable guy. So, I get it.
mightyleemoon

Postby sanka » Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:24 pm

Trump already twitting bahaha.....he is showing his true colors and he hasn't even been sworn in.
sanka

Postby Brazen331 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:47 pm

DreadNaught wrote:
mightyleemoon wrote:

You're problem is arguing with Leemoon. Nobody is taking issue with the amount of EOs Obama writes. The problem revolves around the Constitutionality of the ones he does write. He can't get something through Congress so he turns around and does it anyway. Take the 'Dreamer' EO or whatever that thing is called. He stated himself that the Constitution does not give him the power to do that, but a couple months later he did it anyway.
Brazen331

Postby sanka » Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:05 pm

Trump now back peddling....he will not repeal all of Obamacare :lol:

Mdb how do you feel?
sanka

Postby Bootz2004 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:42 pm

sanka wrote:Trump now back peddling....he will not repeal all of Obamacare :lol:

Mdb how do you feel?

That component of his campaign was a key part in getting him elected. But everyone pretty much knew that wasnt going to happen. You can't just yank health coverage from 20 million+ people without having a better solution.
Bootz2004

Postby Brazen331 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:48 pm

sanka wrote:Trump now back peddling....he will not repeal all of Obamacare :lol:

Mdb how do you feel?

Letting college kids stay on policies and pre-existing conditions is not Obamacare. Everyone pretty much supports that. Obamacare is the individual mandate. We don't know if he is going to do that yet but if he does he will be getting rid of Obamacare.
Brazen331

Postby deltbucs » Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:22 pm

Brazen331 wrote:

Mdb how do you feel?

Letting college kids stay on policies and pre-existing conditions is not Obamacare. Everyone pretty much supports that. Obamacare is the individual mandate. We don't know if he is going to do that yet but if he does he will be getting rid of Obamacare.

So the parts of Obamacare you like isn't Obamacare?
deltbucs

Postby Babeinbucland » Sat Nov 12, 2016 10:27 pm

sanka wrote:After 6 months of Trump....every American will wish Obama was still president :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dark days ahead....you want to strip Obamacare but you don't even have anything to replace it with ...

After 6 seconds
Babeinbucland

Postby Babeinbucland » Sat Nov 12, 2016 10:29 pm

bucfanclw wrote:
mightyleemoon wrote:

They try not to let facts get in the way of Obama hate.

And most often succeed
Babeinbucland

Postby sanka » Sat Nov 12, 2016 11:14 pm

deltbucs wrote:
Brazen331 wrote:

So the parts of Obamacare you like isn't Obamacare?

right..... :lol: :lol:
sanka

Postby mightyleemoon » Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:46 am

Bootz2004 wrote:

Mdb how do you feel?

That component of his campaign was a key part in getting him elected. But everyone pretty much knew that wasnt going to happen. You can't just yank health coverage from 20 million+ people without having a better solution.

Read his lips...
mightyleemoon

Postby mdb1958 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:48 am

Interesting. Didnt say a whole lot here either.
mdb1958

Postby mdb1958 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:55 am

Actually if you go back all the way to 2015 when this board started, most of anything I said in Politics and Religion was directed at Corsair.
mdb1958

Postby deltbucs » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:51 am

Never change, mdb.
deltbucs

Next

Return to Politics and Religion