Trump Supporters.

A Place to respectfully discuss those topics that you should never discuss.
Re: Trump Supporters.

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:38 am

Zarniwoop wrote:
NYBF wrote:
So you guys think states shouldn't have to follow federal law?

Not when the federal laws are unconstitutional.

If you can show me in the constitution where the federal government has the power to make any laws about education, I will happily reevaluate.

The federal government does not make law about education. The federal government makes law about the federal funding of education.

Your state has every right to not take federal funding dollars.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Zarniwoop » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:57 am

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
Zarniwoop wrote:

Not when the federal laws are unconstitutional.

If you can show me in the constitution where the federal government has the power to make any laws about education, I will happily reevaluate.

The federal government does not make law about education. The federal government makes law about the federal funding of education.

While my state has the ability to reject the federal funding....me, my fellow citizens and the businesses in my state don't have a right not to pay the funding.

And show me again, where in the constitution it is specified where I have to give the federal government any funding for education whatsoever

(unless of course this money is growing on a federal government money tree and no money is coming from private citizens and businesses --- I fully realize that nearly every politician for the last 50 years thinks this tree exists in the bowels of the US treasury, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't)
Zarniwoop

Postby deltbucs » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:42 pm

If Trump gets dementia, how will we know?
deltbucs

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:09 pm

Zarniwoop wrote:And show me again, where in the constitution it is specified where I have to give the federal government any funding for education whatsoever

Article 1, Section 8

If you have a problem with education spending, take it up with your congressman.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Zarniwoop » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:14 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
Zarniwoop wrote:And show me again, where in the constitution it is specified where I have to give the federal government any funding for education whatsoever

Article 1, Section 8

If you have a problem with education spending, take it up with your congressman.

The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defense and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;

To borrow Money on the credit of the United States;

To regulate Commerce with foreign Nations, and among the several states, and with the Indian Tribes;

To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization, and uniform Laws on the subject of Bankruptcies throughout the United States;

To coin Money, regulate the Value thereof, and of foreign Coin, and fix the Standard of Weights and Measures;

To provide for the Punishment of counterfeiting the Securities and current Coin of the United States;

To establish Post Offices and post Roads;

To promote the Progress of Science and useful Arts, by securing for limited Times to Authors and Inventors the exclusive Right to their respective Writings and Discoveries;

To constitute Tribunals inferior to the supreme Court;

To define and punish Piracies and Felonies committed on the high Seas, and Offences against the Law of Nations;

To declare War, grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal, and make Rules concerning Captures on Land and Water;

To raise and support Armies, but no Appropriation of Money to that Use shall be for a longer Term than two Years;

To provide and maintain a Navy;

To make Rules for the Government and Regulation of the land and naval Forces;

To provide for calling forth the Militia to execute the Laws of the Union, suppress Insurrections and repel Invasions;

To provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining, the Militia, and for governing such Part of them as may be employed in the Service of the United States, reserving to the States respectively, the Appointment of the Officers, and the Authority of training the Militia according to the discipline prescribed by Congress;

To exercise exclusive Legislation in all Cases whatsoever, over such District (not exceeding ten Miles square) as may, by Cession of particular States, and the Acceptance of Congress, become the Seat of the Government of the United States, and to exercise like Authority over all Places purchased by the Consent of the Legislature of the State in which the Same shall be, for the Erection of Forts, Magazines, Arsenals, dock-Yards, and other needful Buildings; —And

To make all Laws which shall be necessary and proper for carrying into Execution the foregoing Powers, and all other Powers vested by this Constitution in the Government of the United States, or in any Department or Officer thereof.

NOPE -- NO TALK OF EDUCATION FUNDING
Zarniwoop

Postby NYBF » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:16 pm

and provide for the common Defense and general Welfare of the United States
NYBF

Postby Zarniwoop » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:21 pm

NYBF wrote:
and provide for the common Defense and general Welfare of the United States

of course

:roll: :roll:

It's ok....even though you "progressives" think you know what is best for everyone and think you can tell everyone what to do, I will fight for the right of other people NOT to tell you, your spouses or your children what is best for them. I'd rather let you decide yourself.
Zarniwoop

Postby Zarniwoop » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:24 pm

it's amazing that our nation survived from 1776 to 1979 without a federal department of education

we were so un-enlightened back then and clearly didn't think about the general welfare of our citizens...and of course we were among the world's worst educators till 1979 and we are so much better now

oh no....wait.
Zarniwoop

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:28 pm

Oh, God. SHUT THE **** UP!
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Zarniwoop » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:38 pm

That's it...you're off my christmas card list.
Zarniwoop

Postby NYBF » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:40 pm

Don't worry, we'll all get to kill people soon.

Donald Trump reveals 2020 re-election campaign slogan: 'Keep America Great' — but it already exists in ‘The Purge: Election Year'

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nationa ... -1.2949282
NYBF

Postby Zarniwoop » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:55 pm

I'd prefer he referenced the first movie, it was the only decent one
Zarniwoop

Postby deltbucs » Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:31 pm

It seems to me that you don't realize that Trump and Devos aren't stopping federal funding for education. Last I knew the plan was to spend $20 billion more. Are you arguing with yourself here?
deltbucs

Postby deltbucs » Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:48 pm

Fuuucckk

Because Obama and the FDA aren't corrupt enough already.....

President-elect Donald Trump’s pick to run the Health and Human Services Department traded more than $300,000 in shares of health-related companies over the past four years while sponsoring and advocating legislation that potentially could affect those companies’ stocks.

Rep. Tom Price, R-Ga., bought and sold stock in about 40 health-care, pharmaceutical and biomedical companies since 2012, including a dozen in the current congressional session, according to a Wall Street Journal review of hundreds of pages of stock trades he filed with Congress.

In the same two-year period, he has sponsored nine and co-sponsored 35 health-related bills in the House.

His stock trades included Amgen, Bristol Meyers Squibb, Eli Lilly, Pfizer and Aetna.

His largest single stock buy was an August 2016 purchase of between $50,000 and $100,000 of an Australian biomedical firm, Innate Immunotherapeutics, whose largest shareholder is a GOP congressman on the Trump transition team, according to the filings, which list price ranges. The stock has since doubled in price.

Insider trading: Only illegal in the private sector.
#DrainTheSwamp
deltbucs

Postby mightyleemoon » Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:32 pm

DreadNaught wrote:
Zarniwoop wrote:That's right, a mothers choice should stop after the abortion decision. After that, the state should take over on petty stuff like where the kid should go to school

Many democrats don't believe in states, or borders for that matter these days.

I think many of them hold concerns about what happens to the schools in the poorest parts of the country.
mightyleemoon

Postby mightyleemoon » Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:36 pm

Zarniwoop wrote:The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defense and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;

I'd bet it falls under this category. Unless you think general welfare refers to health care? Or welfare/handout programs?
mightyleemoon

Postby HamBone » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:14 pm

Zarniwoop wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:Article 1, Section 8

The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defense and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;

To borrow Money on the credit of the United States;

To regulate Commerce with foreign Nations, and among the several states, and with the Indian Tribes;

To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization, and uniform Laws on the subject of Bankruptcies throughout the United States;

To coin Money, regulate the Value thereof, and of foreign Coin, and fix the Standard of Weights and Measures;

To provide for the Punishment of counterfeiting the Securities and current Coin of the United States;

To establish Post Offices and post Roads;

To promote the Progress of Science and useful Arts, by securing for limited Times to Authors and Inventors the exclusive Right to their respective Writings and Discoveries;

To constitute Tribunals inferior to the supreme Court;

To define and punish Piracies and Felonies committed on the high Seas, and Offences against the Law of Nations;

To declare War, grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal, and make Rules concerning Captures on Land and Water;

To raise and support Armies, but no Appropriation of Money to that Use shall be for a longer Term than two Years;

To provide and maintain a Navy;

To make Rules for the Government and Regulation of the land and naval Forces;

To provide for calling forth the Militia to execute the Laws of the Union, suppress Insurrections and repel Invasions;

To provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining, the Militia, and for governing such Part of them as may be employed in the Service of the United States, reserving to the States respectively, the Appointment of the Officers, and the Authority of training the Militia according to the discipline prescribed by Congress;

To exercise exclusive Legislation in all Cases whatsoever, over such District (not exceeding ten Miles square) as may, by Cession of particular States, and the Acceptance of Congress, become the Seat of the Government of the United States, and to exercise like Authority over all Places purchased by the Consent of the Legislature of the State in which the Same shall be, for the Erection of Forts, Magazines, Arsenals, dock-Yards, and other needful Buildings; —And

To make all Laws which shall be necessary and proper for carrying into Execution the foregoing Powers, and all other Powers vested by this Constitution in the Government of the United States, or in any Department or Officer thereof.

HuffPo told him it did...
HamBone

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:28 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:

Article 1, Section 8 <----------Refers to taxation....you know....to be used for Funding aka Spending

[b]If you have a problem with education spending
, take it up with your congressman.

Ya know, because....

Mountaineer Buc wrote:The federal government does not make law about education. The federal government makes law about the federal funding of education.

And finally...

Mountaineer Buc wrote:Oh, God. SHUT THE **** UP!
Mountaineer Buc

Postby deltbucs » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:39 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:Article 1, Section 8 <----------Refers to taxation....you know....to be used for Funding aka Spending

[b]If you have a problem with education spending
, take it up with your congressman.

Ya know, because....

Mountaineer Buc wrote:The federal government does not make law about education. The federal government makes law about the federal funding of education.

And finally...

He doesn't want to understand.
deltbucs

Postby Pirate Life » Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:17 pm

Zarniwoop wrote:it's amazing that our nation survived from 1776 to 1979 without a federal department of education

we were so un-enlightened back then and clearly didn't think about the general welfare of our citizens...and of course we were among the world's worst educators till 1979 and we are so much better now

oh no....wait.

Actually... it's been in existence since 1867, though it was made a part of the Dept of Interior for a while a few years after it was created, then the Federal Security Agency around the time of WWII and then as part of the Dept of Health, Education and Welfare until '79 when it became it's own department. It's also about the smallest cabinet-level dept with around 4000 employees.

Also, as far as the Constitution goes, the combination of the Commerce Clause and the Necessary and Proper Clause tend to be used as the proof for why the Federal Gov't can do a lot of what it does. I'd personally throw in Article 2, Section 2:

[The President] may require the Opinion, in writing, of the principal Officer in each of the executive Departments, upon any subject relating to the Duties of their respective Offices.

That's basically all the Constitution says about the Executive Branch and the Cabinet (remember, all of the Cabinet-Level Departments are under the Executive Branch, not the Legislative).

Also, your share of the Dept of Education Budget comes to roughly $316 for the latest budget, or less than a penny per student in the US.
Pirate Life

Postby Corsair » Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:41 pm

But think of how many unfinished concept fighter jets that $316 could buy.
Corsair

Postby Wharf Rat » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:13 pm

LMAO

I like how liberals are all for right to free speech right up until the point that they don't like what is being said.
Wharf Rat

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:39 pm

Wharf Rat wrote:

LMAO

I like how liberals are all for right to free speech right up until the point that they don't like what is being said.

Particularly when what is being said is utter nonsense and offers no insight or nuance.

Or are you one of those ancap, taxation is theft idiots too?
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Corsair » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:44 pm

You're much more likely to get a "liberals suck" response from Wharf Rat than you are to get nuanced discussion.
Corsair

Postby Wharf Rat » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:10 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
Wharf Rat wrote:
LMAO

Particularly when what is being said is utter nonsense and offers no insight or nuance.

Or are you one of those ancap, taxation is theft idiots too?

No. I can see the value in taxation, and it seems to be covered under the Constitution. The issue that I do have is how inefficiently the government handles the money. What, from my post, would lead you to that conclusion?

Corsair wrote:You're much more likely to get a "liberals suck" response from Wharf Rat than you are to get nuanced discussion.

This is coming from the guy who parrots everything he hears from Huffington Post, CNN and MSNBC.
Wharf Rat

Postby deltbucs » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:34 am

Wharf Rat wrote:

LMAO

Do you really think that's what happened there? LOL!!

Do you not understand that he was just telling someone to shut up because they were being stupid...you know, like most Americans do?
deltbucs

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:43 pm

I keep seeing "GET OVER IT".

Trust me, I'm over it.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby NYBF » Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:12 pm

NYBF

Postby RedLeader » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:47 pm

Oh, good motherfucking grief.
RedLeader

Postby Wharf Rat » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:47 pm

RedLeader wrote:Oh, good motherfucking grief.

Lol

deltbucs wrote:
Wharf Rat wrote:
LMAO

Do you really think that's what happened there? LOL!!

Do you not understand that he was just telling someone to shut up because they were being stupid...you know, like most Americans do?

I know. I was busting his balls for the sake of busting his balls.
Wharf Rat

PreviousNext

Return to Politics and Religion