Ideology

A Place to respectfully discuss those topics that you should never discuss.
post

Re: Ideology

Postby Buc2 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:46 am

McFan wrote:Awww.... there we go! By the way, Legendary status was thrust upon us. None of us sought it. Sorry it hasn't worked out for you. Less posts like:

Buc2 wrote:And you guys are, so-called, legends? Bwaaaaaahahahaha!


is your first step towards fame ... thank me when you get there..

Oh boy, here we go.

If you and Alpha are examples of what it took to get included in that girl's club 20 odd years ago, all I can say is that the standards must have been really low.
Image
Don't tread on me
User avatar
Buc2
 
Posts: 11985
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:16 pm
Location: America
Has thanked: 983 times
Been thanked: 415 times

Re: Ideology

Postby McFan » Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:46 am

Buc2 wrote:If you and Alpha are examples of what it took to get included in that girl's club 20 odd years ago, all I can say is that the standards must have been really low.


No offense, but I'm highly skeptical that's "all you can say" about anything. You come across as quite vociferous on really inane topics...

That said, the "Legends Club" is actually a bit of a disappointment. We were promised health care and decent NFL tickets and both never came about. The lounge is nice though.
User avatar
McFan
 
Posts: 234
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:04 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 10 times

Re: Ideology

Postby Buc2 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:17 am

McFan wrote:
Buc2 wrote:If you and Alpha are examples of what it took to get included in that girl's club 20 odd years ago, all I can say is that the standards must have been really low.


No offense, but I'm highly skeptical that's "all you can say" about anything. You come across as quite vociferous on really inane topics...

That said, the "Legends Club" is actually a bit of a disappointment. We were promised health care and decent NFL tickets and both never came about. The lounge is nice though.

I'm only messing around here. It was a bit of fun. I actually think you're a pretty decent poster and enjoy reading your stuff. Alpha... if it's not in the Lightning thread, I have almost zero respect for anything he posts.

As a rule, however, I hold a general disdain for exclusive clubs on message boards such as this where everyone is considered a "member" of the board, regardless of the original intent of the club's creator. I feel it sends the wrong kind of message to the "non-clique" members of the board. I get that it was started as a joke. But the joke ran its course long ago. This clique'ishness was the absolute worst part of the original TBBBB. Fortunately, BZ does not come close to that level of clique'ishness.

So, while this club doesn't affect my life one way or the other, I will, on occasion, take the opportunity to denigrate it.
Image
Don't tread on me
User avatar
Buc2
 
Posts: 11985
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:16 pm
Location: America
Has thanked: 983 times
Been thanked: 415 times

Re: Ideology

Postby McFan » Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:14 am

Buc2 wrote:I'm only messing around here. It was a bit of fun. I actually think you're a pretty decent poster and enjoy reading your stuff



Pretty decent? PRETTY DECENT? Oh, c'mon man! I'm way better than that....


(now in pouting mode for a period of 3 full days)
User avatar
McFan
 
Posts: 234
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:04 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 10 times

Re: Ideology

Postby Buc2 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:59 am

:lol:
Image
Don't tread on me
User avatar
Buc2
 
Posts: 11985
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:16 pm
Location: America
Has thanked: 983 times
Been thanked: 415 times

Re: Ideology

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:07 pm

A thought experiment for my conservative friends...

On economics and society in general, and with full acknowledgement that utopia is impossible, what is the goal for our society and ultimately the world at large from your perspective?

We progressives obsess over how great everything will be if we do X and achieve Y which is generally articulated as a egalitarian rather than opportunistic society. I do this all the time in this forum because as a progressive I am interested in making things better than ever from my point of view, which of course runs afoul of conservatism because I'm looking in an entire different direction. I'm looking to learn what is in the direction that conservatives are looking towards.

Since conservatism by nature places greater focus on the preservation of practices and traditions and applying wisdom gained from those practices, discussion tends to focus on the here and now rather than what could be in the future.

What is an idealistic future for conservatives? Where do you want to be in 25 years?
Image
User avatar
Mountaineer Buc
 
Posts: 14334
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:15 pm
Location: Crestucky
Has thanked: 157 times
Been thanked: 666 times

Re: Ideology

Postby Buc2 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:47 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:A thought experiment for my conservative friends...

On economics and society in general, and with full acknowledgement that utopia is impossible, what is the goal for our society and ultimately the world at large from your perspective?

We progressives obsess over how great everything will be if we do X and achieve Y which is generally articulated as a egalitarian rather than opportunistic society. I do this all the time in this forum because as a progressive I am interested in making things better than ever from my point of view, which of course runs afoul of conservatism because I'm looking in an entire different direction. I'm looking to learn what is in the direction that conservatives are looking towards.

Since conservatism by nature places greater focus on the preservation of practices and traditions and applying wisdom gained from those practices, discussion tends to focus on the here and now rather than what could be in the future.

What is an idealistic future for conservatives? Where do you want to be in 25 years?

Still alive would be a good start.
Image
Don't tread on me
User avatar
Buc2
 
Posts: 11985
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:16 pm
Location: America
Has thanked: 983 times
Been thanked: 415 times

Re: Ideology

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:57 pm

Buc2 wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:A thought experiment for my conservative friends...

On economics and society in general, and with full acknowledgement that utopia is impossible, what is the goal for our society and ultimately the world at large from your perspective?

We progressives obsess over how great everything will be if we do X and achieve Y which is generally articulated as a egalitarian rather than opportunistic society. I do this all the time in this forum because as a progressive I am interested in making things better than ever from my point of view, which of course runs afoul of conservatism because I'm looking in an entire different direction. I'm looking to learn what is in the direction that conservatives are looking towards.

Since conservatism by nature places greater focus on the preservation of practices and traditions and applying wisdom gained from those practices, discussion tends to focus on the here and now rather than what could be in the future.

What is an idealistic future for conservatives? Where do you want to be in 25 years?

Still alive would be a good start.

Sorry....The laws of nature won't allow that.
Image
User avatar
Mountaineer Buc
 
Posts: 14334
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:15 pm
Location: Crestucky
Has thanked: 157 times
Been thanked: 666 times

Re: Ideology

Postby Buc2 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:02 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
Buc2 wrote:Still alive would be a good start.

Sorry....The laws of nature won't allow that.

You may very well be right. That would put me at almost 87, so probably not gonna happen.
Image
Don't tread on me
User avatar
Buc2
 
Posts: 11985
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:16 pm
Location: America
Has thanked: 983 times
Been thanked: 415 times

Re: Ideology

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:21 pm

Buc2 wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:Sorry....The laws of nature won't allow that.

You may very well be right. That would put me at almost 87, so probably not gonna happen.

If it were up to me, we would have Logan's Run-ed your ass back in 06'
Image
User avatar
Mountaineer Buc
 
Posts: 14334
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:15 pm
Location: Crestucky
Has thanked: 157 times
Been thanked: 666 times

Previous

post

Return to Politics and Religion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Google [Bot] and 13 guests

cron