Trump or Clinton

A Place to respectfully discuss those topics that you should never discuss.
Your hope for President of our great nation: Trump or Clinton

Clinton
40%
Trump
60%

Total votes : 40

Re: Trump or Clinton

Postby Ken Carson » Sat May 07, 2016 7:09 am

The Outsider wrote:I'm probably going to write myself in. I could do a better job than the two jackoffs who seem to have locked up their respective nominations.

I'm on board.
Ken Carson

Postby Buc2 » Sat May 07, 2016 9:39 am

An interesting take on Trump. If you can't get past the media portrayals, soundbites and talking points, you needn't bother reading.

Something to think about for both republicans or democrats, or independents...or atheists...or

Whether you like him or not, read this. If you love your country, your family, your children and grandchildren, this is important.

I copied this from a post by Michael Smith. He recognized how this gentleman characterized Donald Trump perfectly.

This is an interesting assessment of "The Donald". This person may have nailed him for what he really is.

Trump Is Not Conservative; he’s A Pragmatist.
By Mychal Massie on January 19, 2016 in Daily Rant, Race & Politics 5

We recently enjoyed a belated holiday dinner with friends at the home of other friends. The dinner conversation was jocund, ranging from discussions about antique glass and china to theology and politics. At one point reference was made to Donald Trump being a conservative to which I responded that Trump is not a conservative.

I said that I neither view, nor do I believe Trump views himself, as a conservative. I stated it was my opinion that Trump is a pragmatist. He sees a problem and understands it must be fixed. He doesn’t see the problem as liberal or conservative, he sees it only as a problem. That is a quality that should be admired and applauded, not condemned. But I get ahead of myself.

Viewing problems from a liberal perspective has resulted in the creation of more problems, more entitlement programs, more victims, more government, more political correctness, and more attacks on the working class in all economic strata.

Viewing things according to the so-called Republican conservative perspective has brought continued spending, globalism to the detriment of American interests and well being, denial of what the real problems are, weak, ineffective, milquetoast, leadership that amounts to Barney Fife Deputy Sheriff – appeasement oriented and afraid of its own shadow. In brief, it has brought liberal ideology with a pachyderm as a mascot juxtaposed to the ass of the Democrat Party.

Immigration isn’t a Republican problem – it isn’t a liberal problem – it is a problem that threatens the very fabric and infrastructure of America. It demands a pragmatic approach not an approach that is intended to appease one group or another.

The impending collapse of the economy isn’t a liberal or conservative problem it is an American problem. That said, until it is viewed as a problem that demands a common sense approach to resolution, it will never be fixed because the Democrats and Republicans know only one way to fix things and the longevity of their impracticality has proven to have no lasting effect. Successful businessmen like Donald Trump find ways to make things work, they do not promise to accommodate.

Trump uniquely understands that China’s manipulation of currency is not a Republican problem or a Democrat problem. It is a problem that threatens our financial stability and he understands the proper balance needed to fix it. Here again successful businessmen like Trump who have weathered the changing tides of economic reality understand what is necessary to make business work and they, unlike both sides of the political aisle, know that if something doesn’t work you don’t continue trying to make it work hoping that at some point it will.

As a pragmatist Donald Trump hasn’t made wild pie-in-the-sky promises of a cell phone in every pocket, free college tuition, and a $15 hour minimum wage for working the drive-through a Carl’s Hamburgers.

I argue that America needs pragmatists because pragmatists see a problem and find ways to fix them. They do not see a problem and compound it by creating more problems.

You may not like Donald Trump but I suspect that the reason people do not like him is because: 1) he is antithetical to the “good old boy” method of brokering backroom deals that fatten the coffers of politicians; 2) they are unaccustomed to hearing a candidate speak who is unencumbered by the financial shackles of those who own them vis-a`-vis donations; 3) he is someone who is free of idiomatic political ideology; and 4) he is someone who understands that it takes more than hollow promises and political correctness to make America great again.

Listening to Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders talk about fixing America is like listening to two lunatics trying to “out crazy” one another. Jeb Bush and Marco Rubio are owned lock, stock, and barrel by the bankers, corporations, and big dollar donors funding their campaigns. Bush can deny it but common sense tells anyone willing to face facts that people don’t give tens of millions without expecting something in return.

We have had Democrats and Republican ideologues and what has it brought us? Are we better off today or worst off? Has it happened overnight or has it been a steady decline brought on by both parties?

I submit that a pragmatist might be just what America needs right now. And as I said earlier, a pragmatist sees a problem and understands that the solution to fix same is not about a party, but a willingness and boldness to get it done.

People are quick to confuse and despise confidence as arrogance but that is common amongst those who have never accomplished anything in their lives and who have always played it safe not willing to risk failure.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Buc2 » Sat May 07, 2016 10:16 am

Trump releases seven-point health care reform plan . . . and it's excellent

1. Completely repeal Obamacare. Our elected representatives must eliminate the individual mandate. No person should be required to buy insurance unless he or she wants to.

2. Modify existing law that inhibits the sale of health insurance across state lines. As long as the plan purchased complies with state requirements, any vendor ought to be able to offer insurance in any state. By allowing full competition in this market, insurance costs will go down and consumer satisfaction will go up.

3. Allow individuals to fully deduct health insurance premium payments from their tax returns under the current tax system. Businesses are allowed to take these deductions so why wouldn’t Congress allow individuals the same exemptions? As we allow the free market to provide insurance coverage opportunities to companies and individuals, we must also make sure that no one slips through the cracks simply because they cannot afford insurance. We must review basic options for Medicaid and work with states to ensure that those who want healthcare coverage can have it.

4. Allow individuals to use Health Savings Accounts (HSAs). Contributions into HSAs should be tax-free and should be allowed to accumulate. These accounts would become part of the estate of the individual and could be passed on to heirs without fear of any death penalty. These plans should be particularly attractive to young people who are healthy and can afford high-deductible insurance plans. These funds can be used by any member of a family without penalty. The flexibility and security provided by HSAs will be of great benefit to all who participate.

5. Require price transparency from all healthcare providers, especially doctors and healthcare organizations like clinics and hospitals. Individuals should be able to shop to find the best prices for procedures, exams or any other medical-related procedure.

6. Block-grant Medicaid to the states. Nearly every state already offers benefits beyond what is required in the current Medicaid structure. The state governments know their people best and can manage the administration of Medicaid far better without federal overhead. States will have the incentives to seek out and eliminate fraud, waste and abuse to preserve our precious resources.

7. Remove barriers to entry into free markets for drug providers that offer safe, reliable and cheaper products. Congress will need the courage to step away from the special interests and do what is right for America. Though the pharmaceutical industry is in the private sector, drug companies provide a public service. Allowing consumers access to imported, safe and dependable drugs from overseas will bring more options to consumers.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Zarniwoop » Sat May 07, 2016 11:20 am

I like that plan on the surface

Would like to see #s behind it
Zarniwoop

Postby mightyleemoon » Sat May 07, 2016 8:28 pm

Buc2 wrote:An interesting take on Trump. If you can't get past the media portrayals, soundbites and talking points, you needn't bother reading.

As a pragmatist Donald Trump hasn’t made wild pie-in-the-sky promises of a cell phone in every pocket, free college tuition, and a $15 hour minimum wage for working the drive-through a Carl’s Hamburgers.

I basically skimmed and stopped here. I'd call his wall project and funding method to easily be a very pie-in-the-sky promise.

And how are people supposed to get past soundbites when that's what his platform is based on? Until this Health Care post of yours, I haven't seen anything from him other than him manipulating the media and the viral nature of social media. And, even this seven point plan is just rehash vagueness.

I get it, though. You're trying to convince yourself that you'll be using your vote wisely. I mean...it makes you look like more than a little credulous. But, it's pretty understandable to need to protect your ego, I guess.

You have four options. And that's it.

Vote for the shady politician.
Vote for the greasy salesman in it for his own amusement (that or he's simply in cahoots with the shady politician and you're being played)
Vote third party.
Don't vote.

The more people that vote 3rd party in this election...the brighter future America will have.
mightyleemoon

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Sun May 08, 2016 7:56 am

Buc2 wrote:Trump releases seven-point health care reform plan . . . and it's excellent

1. Completely repeal Obamacare. Our elected representatives must eliminate the individual mandate. No person should be required to buy insurance unless he or she wants to. Sounds awesome until you consider the medicare expansion. If that goes away with the repeal, millions of people are suddenly uninsured.

2. Modify existing law that inhibits the sale of health insurance across state lines. As long as the plan purchased complies with state requirements, any vendor ought to be able to offer insurance in any state. By allowing full competition in this market, insurance costs will go down and consumer satisfaction will go up. I'm Okay with this on the surface, I'm curious as to how the insurance rapists think they will benefit.

3. Allow individuals to fully deduct health insurance premium payments from their tax returns under the current tax system. Businesses are allowed to take these deductions so why wouldn’t Congress allow individuals the same exemptions? As we allow the free market to provide insurance coverage opportunities to companies and individuals, we must also make sure that no one slips through the cracks simply because they cannot afford insurance. We must review basic options for Medicaid and work with states to ensure that those who want healthcare coverage can have it. Oh, That's how. If it's a deduction, it will only benefit those who itemize their tax returns. Po' folks and the low end of the middle class won't benefit from this.

4. Allow individuals to use Health Savings Accounts (HSAs). Contributions into HSAs should be tax-free and should be allowed to accumulate. These accounts would become part of the estate of the individual and could be passed on to heirs without fear of any death penalty. These plans should be particularly attractive to young people who are healthy and can afford high-deductible insurance plans. These funds can be used by any member of a family without penalty. The flexibility and security provided by HSAs will be of great benefit to all who participate. IMO, HSA's are a rip off aside from the tax savings. An interest bearing savings account would give you better security for your money since it would be FDIC covered and I would not be surprised to learn it would have a better long term ROI.

5. Require price transparency from all healthcare providers, especially doctors and healthcare organizations like clinics and hospitals. Individuals should be able to shop to find the best prices for procedures, exams or any other medical-related procedure. Totally okay with this. This should have been done ages ago.

6. Block-grant Medicaid to the states. Nearly every state already offers benefits beyond what is required in the current Medicaid structure. The state governments know their people best and can manage the administration of Medicaid far better without federal overhead. States will have the incentives to seek out and eliminate fraud, waste and abuse to preserve our precious resources. This is something that I can comment on in detail, but I simply don't have time to do this morning. Remind me on Monday. In short, there is good and bad to this.

7. Remove barriers to entry into free markets for drug providers that offer safe, reliable and cheaper products. Congress will need the courage to step away from the special interests and do what is right for America. Though the pharmaceutical industry is in the private sector, drug companies provide a public service. Allowing consumers access to imported, safe and dependable drugs from overseas will bring more options to consumers. Big Pharma will fight this with every fiber of their being. This is a long shot to get through congress, but I am in favor of it.

Some thoughts.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby NavyBuc » Sun May 08, 2016 9:11 am

I'll prolly end up voting Trump although not proudly. I just can't vote for Hillary, and if I don't vote, I feel like it's technically a vote for her. Time is running out for an Independent run from someone. They need to get approved on the ballot in 50 states and if they don't apply by the end of this month, it's likely not gonna happen.
NavyBuc

Postby acaton » Wed May 11, 2016 11:08 am

Corsair wrote:You'll also vote for a nuclear Suadi Arabia. And the most sexist president of our lifetime.

Stands to reason considering Hillary is the most sexless.

Short, fat and slow often does the trick...45ACP
acaton

Postby Buc2 » Thu May 12, 2016 12:35 pm

Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Zarniwoop » Thu May 12, 2016 12:46 pm

that's a stupid picture Buc2...she says she's anti-banking and Wall Street
Zarniwoop

Postby deltbucs » Thu May 12, 2016 1:07 pm

Buc2 wrote:Image

Trump will be wearing the same thing shortly.
deltbucs

Postby deltbucs » Thu May 12, 2016 1:08 pm

Zarniwoop wrote:that's a stupid picture Buc2...she says she's anti-banking and Wall Street

I love how she claims that none of the huge donations effect her decisions. ****.
deltbucs

Postby Zarniwoop » Thu May 12, 2016 1:10 pm

deltbucs wrote:
Zarniwoop wrote:that's a stupid picture Buc2...she says she's anti-banking and Wall Street

I love how she claims that none of the huge donations effect her decisions. ****.

so the thing is

Do people actually believe her? If so, how stupid are we? If not, how little must we care?
Zarniwoop

Postby Zarniwoop » Thu May 12, 2016 1:13 pm

deltbucs wrote:
Buc2 wrote:Image

Trump will be wearing the same thing shortly.

the list will be much shorter...i can't imagine he cares about anything he doesn't have a real self-interest in.

i think when it comes to his fortune and his investments he will absolutely put his own interest first....when it comes to people trying to "buy him", i don't see that as very likely .... unless they are offering something beyond simple donations for favors.
Zarniwoop

Postby deltbucs » Thu May 12, 2016 1:19 pm

Zarniwoop wrote:
deltbucs wrote:I love how she claims that none of the huge donations effect her decisions. ****.

so the thing is

Do people actually believe her? If so, how stupid are we? If not, how little must we care?

I think a lot of people believe her. ****...A lot of people believe Trump's nonsense, too. People are gullible and uninformed.
deltbucs

Postby deltbucs » Thu May 12, 2016 1:20 pm

Zarniwoop wrote:
deltbucs wrote:Trump will be wearing the same thing shortly.

the list will be much shorter...i can't imagine he cares about anything he doesn't have a real self-interest in.

i think when it comes to his fortune and his investments he will absolutely put his own interest first....when it comes to people trying to "buy him", i don't see that as very likely .... unless they are offering something beyond simple donations for favors.

I'd agree with that. Trump's main concerned is his own interests, then his rich friends/donors.
deltbucs

Postby DreadNaught » Tue May 17, 2016 12:19 pm

So Ralph Nader (progressive-Green Party) just slammed the DNC, Clinton calling her a "corporatist, militarist Democrat" and that DNC super delegates are cronies. He even mentioned the Trump has done some good things, while also slamming him as well.

I don't like Trump, but I loathe Clinton. I don't buy into the rhetoric from the media that Trump is some type of misogynist and/or racist. The guy has been in the public eye since the 70's, and now we are to believe he hates minorities/women? Because he wan't to actually enforce the immigration laws? I find it convenient that these allegations/attacks are coming now that he is a presidential candidate when he's been in the public eye for so long and I've never heard it before. Anyway, I don't want to advocate for Trump too much b/c I honestly don't know what his politics really are. But I do know what Clinton's are, and I also know the establishment politics in this country that is controlled by the ultra-wealthy is what I want changed most. As dangerous as a 'President Trump' may seem to some, I'd take that unsure future over the status quo from Hillary. Trump (just like Sanders) isn't a puppet (or at least not to the degree of Clinton/Bush/Obama) and that scares the establishment because he can't be controlled and is a threat to disrupt the system they've created.

It really is the lesser of two evils for me. In this case the 'devil I know' (Hillary) is not a better option imo.
DreadNaught

Postby deltbucs » Tue May 17, 2016 2:33 pm

DreadNaught wrote:So Ralph Nader (progressive-Green Party) just slammed the DNC, Clinton calling her a "corporatist, militarist Democrat" and that DNC super delegates are cronies. He even mentioned the Trump has done some good things, while also slamming him as well.

I don't like Trump, but I loathe Clinton. I don't buy into the rhetoric from the media that Trump is some type of misogynist and/or racist. The guy has been in the public eye since the 70's, and now we are to believe he hates minorities/women? Because he wan't to actually enforce the immigration laws? I find it convenient that these allegations/attacks are coming now that he is a presidential candidate when he's been in the public eye for so long and I've never heard it before. Anyway, I don't want to advocate for Trump too much b/c I honestly don't know what his politics really are. But I do know what Clinton's are, and I also know the establishment politics in this country that is controlled by the ultra-wealthy is what I want changed most. As dangerous as a 'President Trump' may seem to some, I'd take that unsure future over the status quo from Hillary. Trump (just like Sanders) isn't a puppet (or at least not to the degree of Clinton/Bush/Obama) and that scares the establishment because he can't be controlled and is a threat to disrupt the system they've created.

It really is the lesser of two evils for me. In this case the 'devil I know' (Hillary) is not a better option imo.

You don't need to buy into the rhetoric from the media that Trump is some type of misogynist and/or racist. I just listen to what says. It's not just rhetoric. And I'm not sure why you hate the puppet, but like the idea of some rich ***hole that's admitted that he's the puppeteer running the show. That makes zero sense to me.

I can't people people are seriously trying to rationalize supporting this piece of ****.
deltbucs

Postby DreadNaught » Tue May 17, 2016 3:25 pm

deltbucs wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:So Ralph Nader (progressive-Green Party) just slammed the DNC, Clinton calling her a "corporatist, militarist Democrat" and that DNC super delegates are cronies. He even mentioned the Trump has done some good things, while also slamming him as well.

You don't need to buy into the rhetoric from the media that Trump is some type of misogynist and/or racist. I just listen to what says. It's not just rhetoric. And I'm not sure why you hate the puppet, but like the idea of some rich ***hole that's admitted that he's the puppeteer running the show. That makes zero sense to me.

I can't people people are seriously trying to rationalize supporting this piece of ****.

My disdain for Hillary and what she represents outweighs my dislike for Trump is how I rationalize it. They are both pieces of **** in my view. If Trump was a 'puppeteer' than why is both the DNC and GOP so frightened of him. You'd figure that at least his own party would embrace him as he'd continue the status quo, no?

Until the the political system changes and allows a viable 3rd party have a chance I don't think voting 3rd party sends much of a message. But I understand why people are compelled to vote 3rd party.
DreadNaught

Postby Brazen331 » Tue May 17, 2016 4:35 pm

DreadNaught wrote:
deltbucs wrote:You don't need to buy into the rhetoric from the media that Trump is some type of misogynist and/or racist. I just listen to what says. It's not just rhetoric. And I'm not sure why you hate the puppet, but like the idea of some rich ***hole that's admitted that he's the puppeteer running the show. That makes zero sense to me.

My disdain for Hillary and what she represents outweighs my dislike for Trump is how I rationalize it. They are both pieces of **** in my view. If Trump was a 'puppeteer' than why is both the DNC and GOP so frightened of him. You'd figure that at least his own party would embrace him as he'd continue the status quo, no?

Until the the political system changes and allows a viable 3rd party have a chance I don't think voting 3rd party sends much of a message. But I understand why people are compelled to vote 3rd party.

You might have an opportunity to vote 3rd party. I hear Mitt Romney is trying to get the 911 truther Mark Cuban to run as a Conservative alternative to Trump.
Brazen331

Postby DreadNaught » Wed May 18, 2016 6:43 am

Brazen331 wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:

You might have an opportunity to vote 3rd party. I hear Mitt Romney is trying to get the 911 truther Mark Cuban to run as a Conservative alternative to Trump.

That would cripple whatever chance the GOP side has at beating the Hillary machine. Just like a Bernie Sanders 3rd party ticket would cripple the DNC and all almost ensure a Trump victory.

But in a perfect world I'd like to see both Cuban and Sanders run along Trump and Clinton with all 4 campaigns having equal resources. More competition equals a better priduct for the consumer (voter).

Instead we are stuck with a monopoly disguised as a two-party system. But I digress.
DreadNaught

Postby Zarniwoop » Wed May 18, 2016 7:43 am

In a perfect world none of the four would even sniff being a legitimate candidate
Zarniwoop

Postby Brazen331 » Wed May 18, 2016 10:41 am

DreadNaught wrote:
Brazen331 wrote:

That would cripple whatever chance the GOP side has at beating the Hillary machine. Just like a Bernie Sanders 3rd party ticket would cripple the DNC and all almost ensure a Trump victory.

But in a perfect world I'd like to see both Cuban and Sanders run along Trump and Clinton with all 4 campaigns having equal resources. More competition equals a better priduct for the consumer (voter).

Instead we are stuck with a monopoly disguised as a two-party system. But I digress.

Why doesn't Romney just campaign for Clinton and be done with it? As much as Sanders might want to run 3rd party and extend his last hoorah--he really seems to be enjoying it--I'm sure he knows that such an action could very well bring about the death, by "natural causes" of course, of a certain 74 -year old.
Brazen331

Postby Brazen331 » Wed May 18, 2016 10:49 am

Anyone want to step up and admit their vote for Clinton? The woman has 4 votes. Bootz? MB? Sanka? Anyone?
Brazen331

Postby Noles1724 » Wed May 18, 2016 11:21 am

Brazen331 wrote:Anyone want to step up and admit their vote for Clinton? The woman has 4 votes. Bootz? MB? Sanka? Anyone?

I'm more or less voting for a party over a person. Republicans will stop or prevent the legalization movement that has gained such momentum under the Demo's.
Noles1724

Postby HamBone » Wed May 18, 2016 12:26 pm

Noles1724 wrote:
Brazen331 wrote:Anyone want to step up and admit their vote for Clinton? The woman has 4 votes. Bootz? MB? Sanka? Anyone?

I'm more or less voting for a party over a person. Republicans will stop or prevent the legalization movement that has gained such momentum under the Demo's.

I completely disagree with you...the Republicans are not going to stop/slowdown any legalization.

Unless, you are refering to marijuana...then you somewhat have a point.
HamBone

Postby Noles1724 » Wed May 18, 2016 1:21 pm

HamBone wrote:
Noles1724 wrote:

I completely disagree with you...the Republicans are not going to stop/slowdown any legalization.

Noles1724

Postby DreadNaught » Wed May 18, 2016 2:41 pm

Noles1724 wrote:
HamBone wrote:

You're voting for Trump because you don't want marijuana legalized? If so, Clinton doesn't support legalization either.

Imo, ending marijuana prohibition is something that will happen at the federal level in the next decade. Many states (even RED ones) have already passed laws that decriminalize marijuana possession in addition to laws expanding accessibility to medical and/or recreational use.

Every year Pro-marijuana laws increase in popularity in every state. Politicians will do what is popular.

15 years ago only around 30% of Americans were in favor same-sex marriage. Now that number is closer to 70%, hence the laws were changed. The same thing is happening w/ marijuana right now.
DreadNaught

Postby Zarniwoop » Wed May 18, 2016 3:38 pm

DreadNaught wrote:
Noles1724 wrote:

You're voting for Trump because you don't want marijuana legalized? If so, Clinton doesn't support legalization either.

Imo, ending marijuana prohibition is something that will happen at the federal level in the next decade. Many states (even RED ones) have already passed laws that decriminalize marijuana possession in addition to laws expanding accessibility to medical and/or recreational use.

Every year Pro-marijuana laws increase in popularity in every state. Politicians will do what is popular.

15 years ago only around 30% of Americans were in favor same-sex marriage. Now that number is closer to 70%, hence the laws were changed. The same thing is happening w/ marijuana right now.

agree...won't matter who is in charge...this is inevitable
Zarniwoop

Postby Buc2 » Wed May 18, 2016 3:52 pm

Don't tread on me
Buc2

PreviousNext

Return to Politics and Religion