Random Political News

A Place to respectfully discuss those topics that you should never discuss.
Re: Random Political News

Postby Buc2 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:35 am

The resemblance is uncanny.

Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby mightyleemoon » Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:10 am

The hair is too neat.
mightyleemoon

Postby Buc2 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:28 am

Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby bucfanclw » Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:27 am

Buc2 wrote:https://twitter.com/Pegger420/status/1053119079584858112

I'm so offended. Please stop. This super original meme is destroying my sanity.

There you go. You can quote the top of this post and show your friends how effective this has been and how you're really stickin' it to those libs. I'm here to help.
bucfanclw

Postby RedLeader » Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:31 am

bucfanclw wrote:

There you go. You can quote the top of this post and show your friends how effective this has been and how you're really stickin' it to those libs. I'm here to help.

That actually looks legit. Lol.
RedLeader

Postby bucfanclw » Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:49 am

RedLeader wrote:
bucfanclw wrote:I'm so offended. Please stop. This super original meme is destroying my sanity.

That actually looks legit. Lol.

You're welcome.
bucfanclw

Postby RedLeader » Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:11 am

NBC News reports that Republican early voters are "outpacing" Democrats in key states like "Arizona, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Montana, Tennessee and Texas," and the difference is significant. In most states mentioned, at least 10% more Republicans have voted early than Democrats.

Waiting for Plinko to start the **Super Official MidTerm Election 2018 Thread!!**
RedLeader

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:19 am

RedLeader wrote:NBC News reports that Republican early voters are "outpacing" Democrats in key states like "Arizona, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Montana, Tennessee and Texas," and the difference is significant. In most states mentioned, at least 10% more Republicans have voted early than Democrats.

Waiting for Plinko to start the **Super Official MidTerm Election 2018 Thread!!**

Par for the course. That's the Fox News faithful doing their part. Terry has already voted.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Ken Carson » Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:47 am

RedLeader wrote:NBC News reports that Republican early voters are "outpacing" Democrats in key states like "Arizona, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Montana, Tennessee and Texas," and the difference is significant. In most states mentioned, at least 10% more Republicans have voted early than Democrats.

Not sure how NBC News is counting it (generally they go by past party affiliation), so take this comparison with a grain of salt. In 2016 Dems had 6.9 million early votes and Pubs had 5.6 million. There were an additional 19.5 million early votes by people without party affiliation.

That’s bad news for Democrats, unless Republican voters are voting against the party (while Democrats aren’t) or the swath of voters without a party affiliation is breaking stronger for the D’s. Hard to say, and with Trump’s approval rating hitting 47% in the latest NBC News/WSJ poll, it seems like the middle is likely split.

Message to Democratic voters, get out and vote. Message to Democratic candidates, give them a reason.
Ken Carson

Postby Zarniwoop » Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:10 pm

I was always under the impression it’s more Ds that vote early but never really dug into it
Zarniwoop

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:12 pm

Zarniwoop wrote:I was always under the impression it’s more Ds that vote early but never really dug into it

My guess is Senior Citizens. Perhaps there were more Ds a couple of decades ago, but the R Boomers are a strong voting block and they are as party loyal as they come.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby uscbucsfan » Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:17 pm

Zarniwoop wrote:I was always under the impression it’s more Ds that vote early but never really dug into it

I read somewhere that really old and young voters vote early. 18-24 and 65+.
uscbucsfan

Postby Ken Carson » Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:32 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:

My guess is Senior Citizens. Perhaps there were more Ds a couple of decades ago, but the R Boomers are a strong voting block and they are as party loyal as they come.

I just posted the 2016 numbers. Feel free to reference them. No need to guess.
Ken Carson

Postby Buc2 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:33 pm

bucfanclw wrote:

Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:48 pm

Ken Carson wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:My guess is Senior Citizens. Perhaps there were more Ds a couple of decades ago, but the R Boomers are a strong voting block and they are as party loyal as they come.

I just posted the 2016 numbers. Feel free to reference them. No need to guess.

Didn't see that. thanks.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Zarniwoop » Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:58 pm

Maine doing ranked choice voting .... interesting to see if it helps 3rd parties

https://reason.com/blog/2018/10/23/main ... heir-congr

(On phone riding so I can’t copy and paste the good bits)
Zarniwoop

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:38 pm

I need to go check out the militant left.

Some scary mofos when you think about it.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby RedLeader » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:50 pm

A new psychological study from San Francisco State University claims that a full quarter of millennials are suffering from bouts of post traumatic stress disorder, or PTSD, because of the 2016 elections.

Lol.
RedLeader

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:57 pm

Fake news.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Brazen331 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:28 pm

Dems are outpacing Reps in my state, Nevada, in early voting. This is most likely because of the Culinary Union. They are very organized, have all their flyers printed in Spanish, and all their buses at the ready to herd everyone to the polls like cattle.

That’s how you get Dems to vote early, Ken. If you’re concerned about turnout, rent a van, pick up Democrats and truck them to the polls.
Brazen331

Postby Zarniwoop » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:48 pm

RedLeader wrote:A new psychological study from San Francisco State University claims that a full quarter of millennials are suffering from bouts of post traumatic stress disorder, or PTSD, because of the 2016 elections.

Lol.

I am so glad I don't teach at a school like this.
Zarniwoop

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:49 pm

Brazen331 wrote:

Dems are outpacing Reps in my state, Nevada, in early voting. This is most likely because of the Culinary Union. They are very organized, have all their flyers printed in Spanish, and all their buses at the ready to herd everyone to the polls like cattle.

That’s how you get Dems to vote early, Ken. If you’re concerned about turnout, rent a van, pick up Democrats and truck them to the polls.

That's been going on for 230 years.

How you gonna be outraged about something that's been going on for 230 years?
Mountaineer Buc

Postby uscbucsfan » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:55 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
Brazen331 wrote:

That's been going on for 230 years.

How you gonna be outraged about something that's been going on for 230 years?

Is this a quote from a James Henry Hammond speech?

Seems a bit out of context.
uscbucsfan

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:16 pm

No. Brazen just didn't know politicians have been rounding up people to go vote for centuries.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Brazen331 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:16 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:No. Brazen just didn't know politicians have been rounding up people to go vote for centuries.

How did you come up with that? I was talking about a Union not politicians. And I’m actually not angry or uninformed about Democrat electoral tactics.
Brazen331

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:50 am

Brazen331 wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:No. Brazen just didn't know politicians have been rounding up people to go vote for centuries.

How did you come up with that? I was talking about a Union not politicians. And I’m actually not angry or uninformed about Democrat electoral tactics.

But you resent it.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Brazen331 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:09 am

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
Brazen331 wrote:

But you resent it.

I don’t think so, MB. If anything, I think I admire the Dems ability to mobilize their base. The only thing I resent in the political arena is the corrupt-ass, biased media because they don’t perform their role in this Repiblic in a responsible manner.
Brazen331

Postby bucfanclw » Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:42 am

Brazen331 wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:But you resent it.

I don’t think so, MB. If anything, I think I admire the Dems ability to mobilize their base. The only thing I resent in the political arena is the corrupt-ass, biased media because they don’t perform their role in this Repiblic in a responsible manner.

True, but you only take offense at the media outlets that are biased against your side. Media bias exists on both sides. It's a fact of life. It's guaranteed by the very first amendment of our Constitution. It's something we as Americans treasure because we are allowed to share our opinions without fear of reprisal from the government.

So quit your bitchin'.
bucfanclw

Postby Buc2 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:55 am

Mountaineer Buc wrote:Fake news.

You're catching on.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Buc2 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:58 am

This citizen has an issue with the logistics of the 5,000+ hopeful illegal aliens marching to our border. Admittedly, I have not checked his math, but if it's correct, this is kinda interesting.

There is a significant and unavoidable math problem when it comes to the so-called migrant caravan that is headed toward the United States border. The caravan is now said to have more than 5,000 people from Honduras, El Salvador, Guatemala, and Mexico walking north. The people spilled across the border into Mexico when authorities there claimed to be overwhelmed.

Currently they are just over 1,230 miles from reaching Laredo, Texas. According to Google maps that is a walk that would take more than 400 hours to complete.

So how is it that they are expecting reach the U.S. border by Election Day or before? I mean even if these people with no shelter, food, or water walked 16 hours a day — every day — it would take them more than 25 days to reach Texas. Election Day is now only two weeks away.

You see a lot of things are just not adding up.

If the average person walks 3 miles per hour (and they do) — then walking 16 hours a day would get you 48 miles down the road. However, there are kids and families and chaos it looks like to me.

What’s also remarkable is this group began roughly 1,770 miles from the border. That was just a few days and a couple international borders ago. So they have already covered something like 540 miles. That by the way should have taken more than 11 days — if, and it’s a big if, if they were covering 48 miles a day. Somehow they have been able to travel remarkable distances with TV cameras everywhere and not one reporter has explained this incredible feat.

Did I mention blisters and fatigue? Both would be big factors on such a journey.

I have done some extreme hiking and walking in my life. I was in pretty damn good shape when I did those things. Today walking 48 miles a day on good roads or trails with proper gear, fresh water and ample food would be an epic challenge for me. I have worn my feet raw on some of those trips. It is nearly impossible to cover any distance when your feet are torn up.

What about bathrooms? Are they able to bathe anywhere along the road?

We are expected to believe that this caravan of people 5,000 strong is covering epic distances and yet somehow all of those TV cameras and reporters have missed the buses, cars, and trucks giving these people a ride.

The question is who is picking up the bill? You start figuring out the cost of fuel, food, shelter and all of the other things required to get these folks to the border and its substantial. The logistics is also a serious concern. I mean just coordinating a crowd that large to walk the right direction days after day would be challenging.

Let all of those facts sink in.

This is not random and this is not a coincidence that just a couple weeks out from the critical midterm elections this caravan of hope-to-be-illegal-aliens is on its way to the American border. I just wonder when we will be told the truth about who is behind it and if any network has the courage to tell us.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

PreviousNext

Return to Politics and Religion