Random Political News

A Place to respectfully discuss those topics that you should never discuss.
post

Re: Random Political News

Postby uscbucsfan » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:39 pm

Ken Carson wrote:
uscbucsfan wrote:
The information that Google controls differs vastly from the US Government. That's a bad comparison.

It is a partisan issue by definition. Individuals who are pro business and against government intervention/big government vs. those who aren't. Libertarians and most conservatives claim to be of this group, but just like many things in politics some jump away from their normal ideologies because it affects them personally, i.e. their internet usage. It's also a partisan issue because many conservatives are citing their anger not because these sites are censoring,but what they are censoring. They are publicly upset about the conservative and right wing content that is being censored. There are plenty of people here who side with me. Look no further than the Net Neutrality thread to see this. I'm completely against government intervention in this case.

edit: Ken, I expect you to be for regulation here and I have no issue with that. I don't agree with it, but it's a difference in political views. It's also basically the only liberal viewpoint, that I know of, that you hold.

My big issue and source of my anger is all of the people who argue free market/pro business who argued AGAINST net neutrality want to prevent FB, Twitter, YT etc. from censoring because they are censoring conservative material. That pisses me off because it's blatant hypocrisy.

Curious what line of work you are in. Asking because in marketing, we utilize a lot of google data. They know where many people are 24 hours a day, where you shop, who you associate with, what sort of things you are interested in, and many MANY other things that could be used against you if they wanted to.

Lol. What does it matter what industry I work in?

You think the government should take over/ increase oversight on Amazon, Google, Facebook, Twitter, Youtube(not sure how this one fits), all cell phone providers, GPS companies, and who else because we provide them data?

Because of their success the government should be able to say how their company runs, what videos are deleted, what tweets are removed, what ads they can use, or how they use their information provided by consumers?


If so, I'm at the complete opposite of the spectrum.
Image
User avatar
uscbucsfan
 
Posts: 5417
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:21 pm
Has thanked: 116 times
Been thanked: 148 times

Re: Random Political News

Postby Alpha » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:02 am

Just checking in to see if the Trumptards have finished jerking each other off yet.

Apparently not.

Carry on...and please clean up after y'all are done.

Thanks,

the mgmt.
Alpha
 
Posts: 4235
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:51 am
Location: St. Pete
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 94 times

Re: Random Political News

Postby Ken Carson » Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:45 am

uscbucsfan wrote:
Ken Carson wrote:Curious what line of work you are in. Asking because in marketing, we utilize a lot of google data. They know where many people are 24 hours a day, where you shop, who you associate with, what sort of things you are interested in, and many MANY other things that could be used against you if they wanted to.

Lol. What does it matter what industry I work in?

You think the government should take over/ increase oversight on Amazon, Google, Facebook, Twitter, Youtube(not sure how this one fits), all cell phone providers, GPS companies, and who else because we provide them data?

Because of their success the government should be able to say how their company runs, what videos are deleted, what tweets are removed, what ads they can use, or how they use their information provided by consumers?


If so, I'm at the complete opposite of the spectrum.

Control? No. Have some type of oversight? Yes.

I think it's pretty simple. If these sites are going to regulate content, then there should be oversight of that regulation to ensure it is being executed fairly.
Ken Carson
 
Posts: 3876
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:33 pm
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 194 times

Re: Random Political News

Postby uscbucsfan » Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:18 am

Ken Carson wrote:
uscbucsfan wrote:Lol. What does it matter what industry I work in?

You think the government should take over/ increase oversight on Amazon, Google, Facebook, Twitter, Youtube(not sure how this one fits), all cell phone providers, GPS companies, and who else because we provide them data?

Because of their success the government should be able to say how their company runs, what videos are deleted, what tweets are removed, what ads they can use, or how they use their information provided by consumers?


If so, I'm at the complete opposite of the spectrum.

Control? No. Have some type of oversight? Yes.

I think it's pretty simple. If these sites are going to regulate content, then there should be oversight of that regulation to ensure it is being executed fairly.


There is some oversight. You are asking for a lot more.

Fairly to whatever party is in control. Again, the same people who wanted to end net nuetrality are against these social media platforms because they don't agree with the selected censorship.

I don't see any reason why FB, Twitter, etc. can't have their own agenda or why the government's agenda should take precedence to a private companies'. I disagree with you. Much like I don't think anyone has a right to their money, I don't believe any of us have a right to dictate their business outside of them breaking real laws, not politically slanted, loose interpretations or with our consumer power.
Image
User avatar
uscbucsfan
 
Posts: 5417
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:21 pm
Has thanked: 116 times
Been thanked: 148 times

Re: Random Political News

Postby Ken Carson » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:15 am

uscbucsfan wrote:
Ken Carson wrote:Control? No. Have some type of oversight? Yes.

I think it's pretty simple. If these sites are going to regulate content, then there should be oversight of that regulation to ensure it is being executed fairly.


There is some oversight. You are asking for a lot more.

Fairly to whatever party is in control. Again, the same people who wanted to end net nuetrality are against these social media platforms because they don't agree with the selected censorship.

I don't see any reason why FB, Twitter, etc. can't have their own agenda or why the government's agenda should take precedence to a private companies'. I disagree with you. Much like I don't think anyone has a right to their money, I don't believe any of us have a right to dictate their business outside of them breaking real laws, not politically slanted, loose interpretations or with our consumer power.

This is actually interesting. Do you consider Facebook a public or a private space?
Ken Carson
 
Posts: 3876
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:33 pm
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 194 times

Re: Random Political News

Postby bucfanclw » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:49 am

Kanye West and Kid Rock have arrived at the White House. I expect we will have an announcement regarding our new UN Ambassador by the end of the day.
User avatar
bucfanclw
 
Posts: 4069
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:09 pm
Location: I'm told Clewiston
Has thanked: 20 times
Been thanked: 164 times

Re: Random Political News

Postby NYBF » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:53 am

Image
Image
User avatar
NYBF
 
Posts: 6456
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:46 am
Has thanked: 200 times
Been thanked: 530 times

Re: Random Political News

Postby deltbucs » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:07 am

bucfanclw wrote:Kanye West and Kid Rock have arrived at the White House. I expect we will have an announcement regarding our new UN Ambassador by the end of the day.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/sta ... 4518384640
Image
deltbucs
 
Posts: 5401
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:28 pm
Has thanked: 219 times
Been thanked: 310 times

Re: Random Political News

Postby mdb1958 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:46 am

When are ya'll going to start testing which breed of dogs taste the best
mdb1958
 
Posts: 10458
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:11 pm
Has thanked: 169 times
Been thanked: 100 times

Re: Random Political News

Postby bucfanclw » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:10 am

Image
User avatar
bucfanclw
 
Posts: 4069
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:09 pm
Location: I'm told Clewiston
Has thanked: 20 times
Been thanked: 164 times

Re: Random Political News

Postby mdb1958 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:28 am

bucfanclw wrote:Image



Of course it will be after all the squirrels are gone!
mdb1958
 
Posts: 10458
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:11 pm
Has thanked: 169 times
Been thanked: 100 times

Re: Random Political News

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:45 am

Image
Image
User avatar
Mountaineer Buc
 
Posts: 14751
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:15 pm
Location: Crestucky
Has thanked: 160 times
Been thanked: 673 times

Re: Random Political News

Postby RedLeader » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:56 am

Talk about sacrificing everything for something you believe in...
User avatar
RedLeader
 
Posts: 2956
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:27 pm
Location: G14 Classified
Has thanked: 110 times
Been thanked: 106 times

Re: Random Political News

Postby PrimeMinister » Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:01 am

RedLeader wrote:Talk about sacrificing everything for something you believe in...


The irony is he is he doesn’t believe in Trump and has said as much. He believes fans shouldn’t be able to tell him (Kanye) what to do. The more people are like “WTF?!” the more he pushes for reaction.
PrimeMinister
 
Posts: 9005
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:34 am
Has thanked: 35 times
Been thanked: 244 times

Re: Random Political News

Postby DreadNaught » Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:06 am

I read Kid Rock was there (with various other musicians) are part of some type of Music Licensing Legislation that was announced. I believe Kid Rock had already visited the WH previously as more of personal visit.

Kanye may have been there in part for that reason also. I know Kanye and the great Jim Brown had that meeting in the Oval Office so the media could fawn over it and later had lunch. Jim Brown has been in talks with Trump since before the inauguration about how the current admin can work with his Amer-I-Can program.

Origin
Amer-I-Can was founded in 1988 by NFL Hall of Fame recipient, Jim Brown. The program goal is to help enable individuals to meet their academic potential, to conform their behavior to acceptable society standards, and to improve the quality of their lives by equipping them with the critical life management skills to confidently and successfully contribute to society. The training initially focuses on attitude modification designed to heighten the individual’s self esteem and motivate them toward positive behavior. Trainees quickly develop an understanding between cause and effect relationship, behavior and outcome and learn how to make better choices. By experiencing small but repeated positive behaviors, the trainees are able to realize their goals can be achieved through multiplying individual successes. With a positive attitude and a desire to improve their quality of life, trainees are taught the techniques of life skills and learn to take responsibility for their lives and destination through self determination.

Philosophy
We believe that the failure in personal development and the lack of self-esteem are the root causes of the aforementioned problems that plague our society today. We believe that by enlarging the scope of individual lives, by introducing them to self-determination techniques, by motivating them with goals, by showing them how to improve and achieve success and financial stability, we will save lives that now seem to be lost.

The journey to successful completion of a goal represents the heart of the Amer-I-Can Program. It is the path and the understanding of each step along that path that is the backbone and structural foundation upon which our program solidly rests. Success is not only for the elite, well-educated, and the wealthy. Success is there for those who want it, plan for it, and take action to achieve it.
The Amer-I-Can Program will help participants develop their attitude from one of self-doubt to self-determination. We believe that in addition to understanding the goal-setting process, a person must honestly examine the whys and wherefores of past behavior patterns that have negatively affected their life. Once this understanding has been firmly established, the person will be able to change their thing from “I Can’t” to “I-Can,” by accepting the responsibility of determining the direction of their life.
Image
User avatar
DreadNaught
 
Posts: 13765
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:18 am
Has thanked: 556 times
Been thanked: 598 times

Re: Random Political News

Postby DreadNaught » Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:17 am

I don't really care what Kanye thinks about pretty much anything. Certainly not politics.

The way the dingbats at CNN have treated him is pretty sad though. Calling him a dumb, token negro (who talks like that these days?) while making light of mental illness and his dead mother. April Ryan (CNN WH Corespondent) even brought Ray J (the dude from the 2003 Kim K sex tape). Pretty disgraceful stuff imo. Hypercritical that stuff is tolerated if you're of a certain political persuasion imo. Yet when some FoxNews host says that Lebron should shut-up and dribble there is outrage from these same exact pundits.
Image
User avatar
DreadNaught
 
Posts: 13765
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:18 am
Has thanked: 556 times
Been thanked: 598 times

Re: Random Political News

Postby RedLeader » Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:19 am

PrimeMinister wrote:
RedLeader wrote:Talk about sacrificing everything for something you believe in...


The irony is he is he doesn’t believe in Trump and has said as much. He believes fans shouldn’t be able to tell him (Kanye) what to do. The more people are like “WTF?!” the more he pushes for reaction.


Its hard to say what he believes in, really. ‘Bipolar’ and what not. That said, maybe, just maybe, he believes in results, and rather find a way to come to the table to discuss real problems and their solutions..

Or he’s just a crazy motherfucker who’s about to drop an album.

Either way, I’m sure Nike is already reaching out. amirite.
User avatar
RedLeader
 
Posts: 2956
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:27 pm
Location: G14 Classified
Has thanked: 110 times
Been thanked: 106 times

Re: Random Political News

Postby DreadNaught » Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:37 am

RedLeader wrote:
PrimeMinister wrote:
The irony is he is he doesn’t believe in Trump and has said as much. He believes fans shouldn’t be able to tell him (Kanye) what to do. The more people are like “WTF?!” the more he pushes for reaction.


Its hard to say what he believes in, really. ‘Bipolar’ and what not. That said, maybe, just maybe, he believes in results, and rather find a way to come to the table to discuss real problems and their solutions..

Or he’s just a crazy motherfucker who’s about to drop an album.

Either way, I’m sure Nike is already reaching out. amirite.


I think Kanye already has an apparel deal with adidas.

Kanye is certainly a bit 'out there', but most uber successful artists and creative types are not what most would call normal. I'm sure alot of these antics are for attention, but I don't dismiss that he might actually want to impact things and use his influence to do so. We applaud athletes and celebrities when they do this normally, bit for whatever reason Kanye is being ridiculed as some dumb, crazy token negro.

People are even attacking Jim Brown, who is an actual hero of civil rights and has done more for minority groups and bring people together in society then all the modern day athletes and celebrities combined. He did it in a time when there was real segregation and speaking out had real consequences instead of this virtue signaling culture we have now.
Image
User avatar
DreadNaught
 
Posts: 13765
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:18 am
Has thanked: 556 times
Been thanked: 598 times

Re: Random Political News

Postby Buc2 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:56 am

I couldn't give two shits what Kayne has to say...or any other Kardashian (heh) for that matter. Pretty much how I feel about Alec Baldwin, Clint Eastwood, Tim Allen or any of the cast of The View.
Image
Don't tread on me
User avatar
Buc2
 
Posts: 12308
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:16 pm
Location: America
Has thanked: 997 times
Been thanked: 427 times

Re: Random Political News

Postby Zarniwoop » Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:59 am

Buc2 wrote:I couldn't give two shits what Kayne has to say...or any other Kardashian (heh) for that matter. Pretty much how I feel about Alec Baldwin, Clint Eastwood, Tim Allen or any of the cast of The View.




agreed, i can't think of a single time that a hollywood/music celeb said something that i felt informed my political philosophy and/or understanding
Zarniwoop
 
Posts: 6934
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:23 pm
Has thanked: 375 times
Been thanked: 302 times

Re: Random Political News

Postby Buc2 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:14 pm

Zarniwoop wrote:
Buc2 wrote:I couldn't give two shits what Kayne has to say...or any other Kardashian (heh) for that matter. Pretty much how I feel about Alec Baldwin, Clint Eastwood, Tim Allen or any of the cast of The View.




agreed, i can't think of a single time that a hollywood/music celeb said something that i felt informed my political philosophy and/or understanding

Even if I do share an opinion with a particular celeb, I set it as pure coincidence. My opinion(s) are formed totally independent from any of them.
Image
Don't tread on me
User avatar
Buc2
 
Posts: 12308
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:16 pm
Location: America
Has thanked: 997 times
Been thanked: 427 times

Re: Random Political News

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:59 pm

Fun Fact: George H.W. Bush is simultaneously the oldest living former President and the oldest living former Vice President.
Image
User avatar
Mountaineer Buc
 
Posts: 14751
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:15 pm
Location: Crestucky
Has thanked: 160 times
Been thanked: 673 times

Re: Random Political News

Postby Ken Carson » Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:37 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:Fun Fact: George H.W. Bush is simultaneously the oldest living former President and the oldest living former Vice President.

And he’s a RAPIST
Ken Carson
 
Posts: 3876
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:33 pm
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 194 times

Re: Random Political News

Postby Zarniwoop » Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:42 pm

Cato released their fiscal grades for all state governors. They analyze both taxes and spending

Image


An interesting sidenote to the discussion state tax revenues are up over 40% since 2010. :shock: Fast outpacing inflation.
Zarniwoop
 
Posts: 6934
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:23 pm
Has thanked: 375 times
Been thanked: 302 times

Re: Random Political News

Postby Buc2 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:12 pm

Zarniwoop wrote:Cato released their fiscal grades for all state governors. They analyze both taxes and spending

Image


An interesting sidenote to the discussion state tax revenues are up over 40% since 2010. :shock: Fast outpacing inflation.

My state isn’t here. Is Virginia on another planet?
Image
Don't tread on me
User avatar
Buc2
 
Posts: 12308
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:16 pm
Location: America
Has thanked: 997 times
Been thanked: 427 times

Re: Random Political News

Postby Zarniwoop » Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:18 pm

Buc2 wrote:My state isn’t here. Is Virginia on another planet?


I didn't catch that the first time. This is from the full report

The report rates 43 governors. It excludes the governors of Alabama, Iowa, Kansas, Missouri, New Jersey, and Virginia because of their short time in office, and it excludes Alaska’s governor because of the peculiarities of that state’s budge


https://object.cato.org/sites/cato.org/ ... vernor.pdf
Zarniwoop
 
Posts: 6934
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:23 pm
Has thanked: 375 times
Been thanked: 302 times

Re: Random Political News

Postby Buc2 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:08 am



Image
Published on Oct 11, 2018
Image
Don't tread on me
User avatar
Buc2
 
Posts: 12308
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:16 pm
Location: America
Has thanked: 997 times
Been thanked: 427 times

Re: Random Political News

Postby Brazen331 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:37 pm

DreadNaught wrote:
RedLeader wrote:
Its hard to say what he believes in, really. ‘Bipolar’ and what not. That said, maybe, just maybe, he believes in results, and rather find a way to come to the table to discuss real problems and their solutions..

Or he’s just a crazy motherfucker who’s about to drop an album.

Either way, I’m sure Nike is already reaching out. amirite.


I think Kanye already has an apparel deal with adidas.

Kanye is certainly a bit 'out there', but most uber successful artists and creative types are not what most would call normal. I'm sure alot of these antics are for attention, but I don't dismiss that he might actually want to impact things and use his influence to do so. We applaud athletes and celebrities when they do this normally, bit for whatever reason Kanye is being ridiculed as some dumb, crazy token negro.

People are even attacking Jim Brown, who is an actual hero of civil rights and has done more for minority groups and bring people together in society then all the modern day athletes and celebrities combined. He did it in a time when there was real segregation and speaking out had real consequences instead of this virtue signaling culture we have now.


The reason the Left is attacking him so virulently, using black ideologues to denigrate him racially, is that this is dangerous stuff for them. If even 2 in 10 blacks start voting GOP the Democrat party is in serious trouble.

The Democrats need to keep the black vote monolithic, so any black man who does not vote or think the way his skin color mandates will be ridiculed as a minstrel or a negro who can’t read lest he start encouraging other blacks to question Liberal dogma as well.
Brazen331
 
Posts: 3046
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:25 am
Has thanked: 20 times
Been thanked: 44 times

Re: Random Political News

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:23 pm

Lol.
Image
User avatar
Mountaineer Buc
 
Posts: 14751
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:15 pm
Location: Crestucky
Has thanked: 160 times
Been thanked: 673 times

Re: Random Political News

Postby Babeinbucland » Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:07 pm

Buc2 wrote:

Image
Published on Oct 11, 2018


The Left is an unhinged mob - But but but...I thought they were snowflakes :?
User avatar
Babeinbucland
 
Posts: 5007
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:24 pm
Has thanked: 123 times
Been thanked: 130 times

PreviousNext

post

Return to Politics and Religion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 15 guests