Random Political News

A Place to respectfully discuss those topics that you should never discuss.
Re: Random Political News

Postby DreadNaught » Tue May 08, 2018 12:35 pm

The Outsider wrote:I'm interested to see what comes of the Schneiderman thing. He surprisingly didn't straight up deny it and said it was consensual sexual roleplay. If that's true, this is all bogus.

I respect the privacy of peoples bedrooms. But when it comes forced sexual assault and/or calling brown people slaves and demanding they call you master (as the allegations suggest) than maybe that is out of bounds even if it's "consensual sexual role play".

Do you think these women making the allegations have a politcal axe to grind here with Schneiderman?
DreadNaught

Postby NYBF » Tue May 08, 2018 12:52 pm

DreadNaught wrote:The NY AG Schneiderman is facing some allegations of sexual assault.

DreadNaught wrote: forced sexual assault

This is twice you've called it sexual assault. And nowhere else have I seen it called that.

Also:

DreadNaught wrote:
I respect the privacy of peoples bedrooms. But when it comes forced sexual assault and/or calling brown people slaves and demanding they call you master (as the allegations suggest) than maybe that is out of bounds even if it's "consensual sexual role play".

If it is indeed consensual sexual roleplay, then nothing is out of bounds. It might not be my thing, but whether it's getting punched in the face, playing naked wii, or whatever other weird **** two people are into, if it's consensual, who the hell am I to say what's out of bounds?
NYBF

Postby sanka » Tue May 08, 2018 1:24 pm

What is Trump doing?
“The media's the most powerful entity on earth. They have the power to make the innocent guilty and to make the guilty innocent, and that's power. Because they control the minds of the masses.”
― Malcolm X
sanka

Postby Zarniwoop » Tue May 08, 2018 1:28 pm

sanka wrote:What is Trump doing?

eating a late lunch maybe?
Zarniwoop

Postby sanka » Tue May 08, 2018 1:43 pm

Zarniwoop wrote:
sanka wrote:What is Trump doing?

eating a late lunch maybe?

No, Bibi is just pulling his strings like a puppet same way he did Bush before the Iraq war. smh
“The media's the most powerful entity on earth. They have the power to make the innocent guilty and to make the guilty innocent, and that's power. Because they control the minds of the masses.”
― Malcolm X
sanka

Postby WalterGronkite » Tue May 08, 2018 1:48 pm

NYBF wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:The NY AG Schneiderman is facing some allegations of sexual assault.

DreadNaught wrote: forced sexual assault

This is twice you've called it sexual assault. And nowhere else have I seen it called that.

Also:

DreadNaught wrote:

If it is indeed consensual sexual roleplay, then nothing is out of bounds. It might not be my thing, but whether it's getting punched in the face, playing naked wii, or whatever other weird **** two people are into, if it's consensual, who the hell am I to say what's out of bounds?

I know! If they like you enough, they even let you grab em by the *****!
WalterGronkite

Postby DreadNaught » Tue May 08, 2018 2:01 pm

NYBF wrote:This is twice you've called it sexual assault. And nowhere else have I seen it called that.

I don't mean to get tied up in semantics here and am just going off what I've read. Violence and assault are synonymous imo and I'm not trying to describe this from a legal sense, which you might be. The allegations are that he physically abused women in a non-consensual way during intercourse. Sexual abuse, misconduct, assault. Pick whatever word makes you feel better Bootz.

DreadNaught wrote:

If it is indeed consensual sexual roleplay, then nothing is out of bounds. It might not be my thing, but whether it's getting punched in the face, playing naked wii, or whatever other weird **** two people are into, if it's consensual, who the hell am I to say what's out of bounds?[/quote]

My point was that his POV that it was consensual doesn't seem to be shared by the 'brown slave' he was punching. But if both parties are adults and agree it's consensual I'd agree with your retort. But that isn't the case here.

Do you think the women making the allegations are lying? If so, what is there motivation in bringing down a bastion of women's rights like this NY AG?
DreadNaught

Postby NYBF » Tue May 08, 2018 2:17 pm

DreadNaught wrote:
Do you think the women making the allegations are lying? If so, what is there motivation in bringing down a bastion of women's rights like this NY AG?

I have no idea if they're lying. Considering the story broke last night, I'm not surprised he's been convicted already. No idea what their motivation could be if they were lying.

This story, however, fits a very different profile from all the sexual harassment / assault cases we've seen recently.
NYBF

Postby bucfanclw » Tue May 08, 2018 3:03 pm

So Trump has abruptly announced the end of the Iran nuclear deal even though Iran was strictly adhering to the agrement. I'm curious what people think of this move since I still haven't seen any particular reason as to why he saw this as such a terrible thing.
bucfanclw

Postby PrimeMinister » Tue May 08, 2018 3:10 pm

The Outsider wrote:I'm interested to see what comes of the Schneiderman thing. He surprisingly didn't straight up deny it and said it was consensual sexual roleplay. If that's true, this is all bogus.

This. If they were playing BDSM games this is bullshit.
PrimeMinister

Postby Ken Carson » Tue May 08, 2018 3:19 pm

PrimeMinister wrote:

This. If they were playing BDSM games this is bullshit.

Or maybe he sexually assaulted women who were willing to go so far, but not as far as he wanted to.

I know this isn’t what is meant, but a number of posts seem to carry the tone of “if a woman wants to have sex, it cannot be assault.” It definitely can be if she says “No” to something and the other continues anyway. It’s not like consent is agreed upon at the beginning of the night and never renegotiated...
Ken Carson

Postby bucfanclw » Tue May 08, 2018 3:24 pm

bucfanclw

Postby beardmcdoug » Tue May 08, 2018 3:29 pm

people who are into BDSM need to be rounded up and gassed anyways
beardmcdoug

Postby bucfanclw » Tue May 08, 2018 3:31 pm

beardmcdoug wrote:people who are into BDSM need to be rounded up and gassed anyways

Ok... but before I turn the gas on, what's your safe word?
bucfanclw

Postby deltbucs » Tue May 08, 2018 3:32 pm

bucfanclw wrote:So Trump has abruptly announced the end of the Iran nuclear deal even though Iran was strictly adhering to the agrement. I'm curious what people think of this move since I still haven't seen any particular reason as to why he saw this as such a terrible thing.

I'll believe it when he actually pulls out of the deal. I think he's just saying it to say random **** to get attention like he does. From his comments in the past, he seems highly confused about the conditions of the deal.
deltbucs

Postby DreadNaught » Tue May 08, 2018 3:38 pm

bucfanclw wrote:So Trump has abruptly announced the end of the Iran nuclear deal even though Iran was strictly adhering to the agrement. I'm curious what people think of this move since I still haven't seen any particular reason as to why he saw this as such a terrible thing.

The Iran deal was unilaterally done by the previous administration and therefore can be easily undone. That is what happens when you don't have congressional support. Only 40% of the Senate supported the deal and that wasn't even universally supported by Dems.

I support the move as I was never a fan of it to begin with. Syria and Saudi Arabia also support the move according to recent public statements.

As far as Iran "strictly adhering" I suppose we just have to take their word for it. The inspectors don't have free reign and there were obviously things Iran was not upfront with about their nuclear program going into the deal, so I'm not sure we should believe them now. Let's not forget who Iran is in terms of leadership and what they preach about America and western culture. I understand people hate Trump, but I'd urge people to tread carefully before defending the Iranian regime.

The response from Iran is pretty telling imo as their President has said today that if negotiations fail they will start enriching uranium "more than before before...within weeks". Seems pretty ambitious for a country with no nuclear program.
DreadNaught

Postby deltbucs » Tue May 08, 2018 3:47 pm

DreadNaught wrote:

The Iran deal was unilaterally done by the previous administration and therefore can be easily undone. That is what happens when you don't have congressional support. Only 40% of the Senate supported the deal and that wasn't even universally supported by Dems.

I support the move as I was never a fan of it to begin with. Syria and Saudi Arabia also support the move according to recent public statements.

As far as Iran "strictly adhering" I suppose we just have to take their word for it. The inspectors don't have free reign and there were obviously things Iran was not upfront with about their nuclear program going into the deal, so I'm not sure we should believe them now. Let's not forget who Iran is in terms of leadership and what they preach about America and western culture. I understand people hate Trump, but I'd urge people to tread carefully before defending the Iranian regime.

The response from Iran is pretty telling imo as their President has said today that if negotiations fail they will start enriching uranium "more than before before...within weeks". Seems pretty ambitious for a country with no nuclear program.

Well, they gave up their stockpile of enriched uranium as part of the deal. So, yeah, this deal is the only thing preventing them enriching it to weapons grade.
deltbucs

Postby bucfanclw » Tue May 08, 2018 3:57 pm

DreadNaught wrote:

So the problem with the deal is that there was oversight put in place that some people think Iran might have been able to lie to based on their past, so the answer is to remove all oversight and then point to the fact that they said they can start enriching weapons grade uranium as proof that the oversight wasn't working?
bucfanclw

Postby NYBF » Tue May 08, 2018 4:12 pm

The problem with the deal is that Obummer did it.
NYBF

Postby RedLeader » Tue May 08, 2018 4:14 pm

The problem with breaking the deal is that Trump is doing it...

Did i do that right?
RedLeader

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Tue May 08, 2018 5:01 pm

RedLeader wrote:The problem with breaking the deal is that Trump is doing it...

Did i do that right?

Nope.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Tue May 08, 2018 5:29 pm

And a special thanks goes out to John Bolton and Benny Netanyhau for making this happen.

Give em a big hand everybody. We'll be dropping bombs by Christmas.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Zarniwoop » Tue May 08, 2018 5:59 pm

we aren't attacking iran
Zarniwoop

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Tue May 08, 2018 6:15 pm

Zarniwoop wrote:we aren't attacking iran

Don't underestimate neocons in positions of power.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Zarniwoop » Tue May 08, 2018 6:24 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:

Don't underestimate neocons in positions of power.

Maybe, we will see. When it comes to world policing and interventionism, this administration has not really been appreciably different than the previous four or five
Zarniwoop

Postby The Outsider » Tue May 08, 2018 7:51 pm

DreadNaught wrote:

They absolutely have a nuclear program. It just wasn't capable of producing weapons grade materials with the amount of oversight in place.
The Outsider

Postby The Outsider » Tue May 08, 2018 7:52 pm

I agree with this.
The Outsider

Postby WalterGronkite » Tue May 08, 2018 11:30 pm

Nope, probably not attacking Iran.

Everything is always done for a reason, and sometimes timing is the key.

Looking at timing of this (Home slice has been yelling about Iran for last year).

He did it as we inch closer to a deal with NoKo. So if I’m betting man, I’d say he’s

Showing NoKo that he isn’t afraid to walk away from a deal. It’s not so

Much about Iran as it’s giving him leverage with NoKo. I expect there to be some

Pushing and shoving when it comes to NoKo and he wants more leverage.

Edit- I apologize for crappy writing, I need to upgrade some of my electronics
WalterGronkite

Postby Alpha » Wed May 09, 2018 12:43 am

DreadNaught wrote:
I respect the privacy of peoples bedrooms.

But when it comes forced sexual assault and/or calling brown people slaves and demanding they call you master (as the allegations suggest) than maybe that is out of bounds even if it's "consensual sexual role play".

WTF are you trying to say?

You're correlating two COMPLETELY different things here.

"Forced Sexual Assault" is a damn far cry from "role playing".

And what 2 CONSENTING ADULTS do, in the privacy of their home, is ABSOLUTELY none of your ****ing business. Whether you agree with it or not. You can take your definition of "out of bounds" and shove it up your ass.

You ****ing douche. YOU are what's wrong in this country.
Alpha

Postby Alpha » Wed May 09, 2018 12:46 am

And mark my words:

SOMEBODY is gonna call Drumph's bluff.

And when that happens...it ain't gonna be good.
Alpha

PreviousNext

Return to Politics and Religion