Random Political News

A Place to respectfully discuss those topics that you should never discuss.
post

Re: Random Political News

Postby deltbucs » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:15 am

HDbuddy wrote:Here is the hot news
http:// hdbuddy.com /file/ DnpO_RTSNmQ . html

Obvious spam is obvious...
Image
deltbucs
 
Posts: 4426
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:28 pm
Has thanked: 198 times
Been thanked: 267 times

Re: Random Political News

Postby Zarniwoop » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:41 am

What a piece of crap this spending bill is

https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/21/politics ... index.html
Zarniwoop
 
Posts: 3940
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:23 pm
Has thanked: 110 times
Been thanked: 209 times

Re: Random Political News

Postby Chan14551 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:46 am

What do you think about the new win of Putin in Russia?
Chan14551
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:35 am
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Random Political News

Postby RedLeader » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:02 pm

Kids say the darnedest things...



Image







I tend to agree with Lynsey...
User avatar
RedLeader
 
Posts: 2074
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:27 pm
Location: G14 Classified
Has thanked: 72 times
Been thanked: 83 times

Re: Random Political News

Postby Buc2 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:20 am

RedLeader wrote:Kids say the darnedest things...



Image







I tend to agree with Lynsey...

I agree. Marc came in a close 2nd though.
Image
Don't tread on me
User avatar
Buc2
 
Posts: 9023
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:16 pm
Location: America
Has thanked: 781 times
Been thanked: 288 times

Re: Random Political News

Postby PrimeMinister » Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:22 am

Haley understands politics pretty well.
PrimeMinister
 
Posts: 6915
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:34 am
Has thanked: 32 times
Been thanked: 176 times

Re: Random Political News

Postby The Outsider » Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:18 am

So, John Bolton in as NSA. That's not ominous at all.
Image
User avatar
The Outsider
 
Posts: 3129
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:02 pm
Location: Gettin' all up in ya
Has thanked: 43 times
Been thanked: 206 times

Re: Random Political News

Postby mdb1958 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:56 am

The Outsider wrote:So, John Bolton in as NSA. That's not ominous at all.



Its a plot to kill all the outsiders
mdb1958
 
Posts: 8458
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:11 pm
Has thanked: 143 times
Been thanked: 78 times

Re: Random Political News

Postby The Outsider » Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:28 pm

mdb1958 wrote:
The Outsider wrote:So, John Bolton in as NSA. That's not ominous at all.



Its a plot to kill all the outsiders


For once, you may not be wrong.
Image
User avatar
The Outsider
 
Posts: 3129
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:02 pm
Location: Gettin' all up in ya
Has thanked: 43 times
Been thanked: 206 times

Re: Random Political News

Postby mdb1958 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:04 pm

What happened to the 1.6 billion rounds of ammo that Obama bought?
mdb1958
 
Posts: 8458
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:11 pm
Has thanked: 143 times
Been thanked: 78 times

Re: Random Political News

Postby The Outsider » Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:02 am

mdb1958 wrote:What happened to the 1.6 billion rounds of ammo that Obama bought?


He gave it to ANTIFA.
Image
User avatar
The Outsider
 
Posts: 3129
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:02 pm
Location: Gettin' all up in ya
Has thanked: 43 times
Been thanked: 206 times

Re: Random Political News

Postby Zarniwoop » Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:55 am

Anyone find any details on the $6B tariff number that is being tossed around?
Zarniwoop
 
Posts: 3940
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:23 pm
Has thanked: 110 times
Been thanked: 209 times

Re: Random Political News

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:19 pm

On my phone so I can't link, but a veteran of two tours in Afghanistan has been deported to Mexico.

Edit: Disregard. He trafficked 2lbs of cocaine. That's not a PTSD and trying to cope thing.
Image
User avatar
Mountaineer Buc
 
Posts: 10702
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:15 pm
Has thanked: 100 times
Been thanked: 552 times

Re: Random Political News

Postby WalterGronkite » Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:37 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:On my phone so I can't link, but a veteran of two tours in Afghanistan has been deported to Mexico.

Edit: Disregard. He trafficked 2lbs of cocaine. That's not a PTSD and trying to cope thing.



Trying to save money on Starbucks.
WalterGronkite
 
Posts: 81
Joined: Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:15 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Random Political News

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:52 pm

WalterGronkite wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:On my phone so I can't link, but a veteran of two tours in Afghanistan has been deported to Mexico.

Edit: Disregard. He trafficked 2lbs of cocaine. That's not a PTSD and trying to cope thing.



Trying to save money on Starbucks.

He's the wrong guy to be parading out there for vets getting deported.

It's a thing though, had a guy in battalion become an American citizen in dirka-dirka-stan.
Image
User avatar
Mountaineer Buc
 
Posts: 10702
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:15 pm
Has thanked: 100 times
Been thanked: 552 times

Re: Random Political News

Postby Zarniwoop » Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:56 pm

I’ll be honest, I don’t know anything about this topic.

What legal requirements are there for a foreign born non-citizen to join our military?

When they are done with their service do they get any privileged pathways to green cards or citizenship?
Zarniwoop
 
Posts: 3940
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:23 pm
Has thanked: 110 times
Been thanked: 209 times

Re: Random Political News

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:12 pm

Zarniwoop wrote:I’ll be honest, I don’t know anything about this topic.

What legal requirements are there for a foreign born non-citizen to join our military?

When they are done with their service do they get any privileged pathways to green cards or citizenship?

To my knowledge, they need to be naturalized to enlist.

If memory serves, that is the born status in American Samoa and the route most Samoans take to become US citizens. Supposedly, the Army recruiting station there is consistently the top in the Army recruiting command.

The larger point is that anyone willing to potentially give their life for a nation that isn't theirs, deserves due consideration for citizenship since these men and women have done more for this nation than the current commander in chief.
Image
User avatar
Mountaineer Buc
 
Posts: 10702
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:15 pm
Has thanked: 100 times
Been thanked: 552 times

Re: Random Political News

Postby Zarniwoop » Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:22 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
Zarniwoop wrote:I’ll be honest, I don’t know anything about this topic.

What legal requirements are there for a foreign born non-citizen to join our military?

When they are done with their service do they get any privileged pathways to green cards or citizenship?

To my knowledge, they need to be naturalized to enlist.

If memory serves, that is the born status in American Samoa and the route most Samoans take to become US citizens. Supposedly, the Army recruiting station there is consistently the top in the Army recruiting command.

The larger point is that anyone willing to potentially give their life for a nation that isn't theirs, deserves due consideration for citizenship since these men and women have done more for this nation than the current commander in chief.




Thanks for the info. Then how did the guy who was deported to Mexico get in? I don’t understand
Zarniwoop
 
Posts: 3940
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:23 pm
Has thanked: 110 times
Been thanked: 209 times

Re: Random Political News

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:18 pm

[quote="Zarniwoop"][quote="Mountaineer Buc"][quote="Zarniwoop"]I’ll be honest, I don’t know anything about this topic.

What legal requirements are there for a foreign born non-citizen to join our military?

When they are done with their service do they get any privileged pathways to green cards or citizenship?[/quote]
To my knowledge, they need to be naturalized to enlist.

If memory serves, that is the born status in American Samoa and the route most Samoans take to become US citizens. Supposedly, the Army recruiting station there is consistently the top in the Army recruiting command.

The larger point is that anyone willing to potentially give their life for a nation that isn't theirs, deserves due consideration for citizenship since these men and women have done more for this nation than the current commander in chief.[/quote]



Thanks for the info. Then how did the guy who was deported to Mexico get in? I don’t understand[/quote]
As best I can fathom, as a naturalized man he could enlist and serve. Its pretty common. However, his drug conviction nullified his candidacy for citizenship.

The argument goes that despite his service,he's ferefeited his citizenship status. Other cases are for much more benign circumstances, yet military war veterans face deportation. This guy was a bad example of one of those cases.
Image
User avatar
Mountaineer Buc
 
Posts: 10702
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:15 pm
Has thanked: 100 times
Been thanked: 552 times

Re: Random Political News

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:18 pm

aw ****.
Image
User avatar
Mountaineer Buc
 
Posts: 10702
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:15 pm
Has thanked: 100 times
Been thanked: 552 times

Re: Random Political News

Postby uscbucsfan » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:59 pm

All you need is a green card. I served with a guy from India who wanted to go to/have the military pay for American college. He had no intention or promise of ever being a US citizen. He was an airborne linguist.
Image
User avatar
uscbucsfan
 
Posts: 3375
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:21 pm
Has thanked: 78 times
Been thanked: 90 times

Re: Random Political News

Postby Rocker » Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:13 pm

Can confirm a green card enlistee can obtain citizenship via service.

Source: I was at the ceremony (yes, that’s a thing if they want it). Also, guy saved my life once upon a time. Arresting wire failed on an E-2 landing, would have cut me in half if Fred didn’t pull me out of the way. A Senior Chief from the RAGS squadron further updeck wasn’t so lucky; he’ll need a cane to walk for the rest of his life.
Image
User avatar
Rocker
 
Posts: 2961
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:23 am
Location: Valrico
Has thanked: 186 times
Been thanked: 146 times

Re: Random Political News

Postby PrimeMinister » Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:28 pm

Rocker wrote:Can confirm a green card enlistee can obtain citizenship via service.

Source: I was at the ceremony (yes, that’s a thing if they want it). Also, guy saved my life once upon a time. Arresting wire failed on an E-2 landing, would have cut me in half if Fred didn’t pull me out of the way. A Senior Chief from the RAGS squadron further updeck wasn’t so lucky; he’ll need a cane to walk for the rest of his life.


Fred is good with me.
PrimeMinister
 
Posts: 6915
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:34 am
Has thanked: 32 times
Been thanked: 176 times

Re: Random Political News

Postby Rocker » Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:45 pm

PrimeMinister wrote:
Rocker wrote:Can confirm a green card enlistee can obtain citizenship via service.

Source: I was at the ceremony (yes, that’s a thing if they want it). Also, guy saved my life once upon a time. Arresting wire failed on an E-2 landing, would have cut me in half if Fred didn’t pull me out of the way. A Senior Chief from the RAGS squadron further updeck wasn’t so lucky; he’ll need a cane to walk for the rest of his life.


Fred is good with me.


Appreciate that. “Fred” was the nickname we gave the man, he goes by his given name these days - Yasset.

Last I checked in with him, he’s a character actor at the Magic Kingdom, and his favorite suit is Goofy.
Image
User avatar
Rocker
 
Posts: 2961
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:23 am
Location: Valrico
Has thanked: 186 times
Been thanked: 146 times

Re: Random Political News

Postby Phantom Phenom » Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:00 am

Zarniwoop wrote:Hey don’t get mad at him for thinking you cower to your POS title....what did Phantom say about that?



Seriously?

keep my name out YO mouth, clown
User avatar
Phantom Phenom
 
Posts: 4185
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:48 pm
Has thanked: 29 times
Been thanked: 42 times

Re: Random Political News

Postby beardmcdoug » Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:37 am

TEXAS: A teen said no to an ‘arranged’ marriage, investigators say. Her parents threw hot oil on her.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2018/03/25/a-teen-said-no-to-an-arranged-marriage-investigators-say-her-parents-threw-hot-oil-on-her/?utm_term=.b538ae39639b

Time for another round of “GUESS. THAT. CULTURE!”
User avatar
beardmcdoug
 
Posts: 2312
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:30 pm
Has thanked: 248 times
Been thanked: 158 times

Re: Random Political News

Postby Zarniwoop » Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:38 am

Inuit?
Zarniwoop
 
Posts: 3940
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:23 pm
Has thanked: 110 times
Been thanked: 209 times

Re: Random Political News

Postby Phantom Phenom » Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:50 am

User avatar
Phantom Phenom
 
Posts: 4185
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:48 pm
Has thanked: 29 times
Been thanked: 42 times

Re: Random Political News

Postby Buc2 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:05 am

Phantom Phenom wrote:https://www.cbsnews.com/news/stormy-daniels-describes-her-alleged-affair-with-donald-trump-60-minutes-interview/

thought?

I don't care about Trump's sex life any more than I did Bill Clinton's. Therefore, I have no desire to read the story.
Image
Don't tread on me
User avatar
Buc2
 
Posts: 9023
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:16 pm
Location: America
Has thanked: 781 times
Been thanked: 288 times

Re: Random Political News

Postby Buc2 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:06 am

beardmcdoug wrote:TEXAS: A teen said no to an ‘arranged’ marriage, investigators say. Her parents threw hot oil on her.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2018/03/25/a-teen-said-no-to-an-arranged-marriage-investigators-say-her-parents-threw-hot-oil-on-her/?utm_term=.b538ae39639b

Time for another round of “GUESS. THAT. CULTURE!”

Can't read. I'd have to pay for a subscription.
Image
Don't tread on me
User avatar
Buc2
 
Posts: 9023
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:16 pm
Location: America
Has thanked: 781 times
Been thanked: 288 times

PreviousNext

post

Return to Politics and Religion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: PlinkoBuccaneer and 8 guests