Random Political News

A Place to respectfully discuss those topics that you should never discuss.
Re: Random Political News

Postby Buc2 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:07 am

I know libs won't laugh, but I found this pretty funny. And, per Dread, it's exactly why the Right won't shut up about her...because she won't shut up. Petty or not, that's life in politics today.

Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:04 pm

Buc2 wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:Firing McCabe was a **** move.

That is all.

Agreed. I don't care how much you disliked the guy, let him retire and bow out on his own.

Yup. He was out of the game and earned every nickel of that pension.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby The Outsider » Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:15 pm

Ken Carson wrote:
sanka wrote:Trump is full of drama like a soap opera....When you elect a clown this is what happens...making a mockery of the office of President. To think a lot of people hated Obama so much ...to the point they started insulting his daughters and wife.

I thought that mocking the President’s Family was off limits, too.

Though a lot of people who I saw posting things about how disrespectful people were being to Michelle had no problem posting nudes of Milania. So that cuts both ways too.

I mean, they're nudes from a professional photo shoot that she was paid to do. I don't see how posting something that is a result of her actions and work is the same as saying Michelle Obama looks like a man.
The Outsider

Postby The Outsider » Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:16 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
Buc2 wrote:Agreed. I don't care how much you disliked the guy, let him retire and bow out on his own.

Yeah, but he hurt Donny's feelies.
The Outsider

Postby uscbucsfan » Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:21 pm

The Outsider wrote:
Ken Carson wrote:I thought that mocking the President’s Family was off limits, too.

Though a lot of people who I saw posting things about how disrespectful people were being to Michelle had no problem posting nudes of Milania. So that cuts both ways too.

I mean, they're nudes from a professional photo shoot that she was paid to do. I don't see how posting something that is a result of her actions and work is the same as saying Michelle Obama looks like a man.

Most of the nude pictures posted were making fun of her, calling her a whore, prostitute, etc. They were also used to mock Christians with them.
uscbucsfan

Postby The Outsider » Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:08 pm

uscbucsfan wrote:
The Outsider wrote:

Most of the nude pictures posted were making fun of her, calling her a whore, prostitute, etc. They were also used to mock Christians with them.

Which isn't okay. But context matters.
The Outsider

Postby StillCSG » Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:56 pm

uscbucsfan wrote:
The Outsider wrote:

They weren't wrong...
StillCSG

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:53 am

People with similar values to Donald Trump were more likely to support his candidacy for president.

A new study on the personal values of Trump supporters suggests they have little interest in altruism but do seek power over others, are motivated by wealth, and prefer conformity. The findings were published in the scientific journal Personality and Individual Differences.

“While all presidential elections are important in terms of their consequences, the 2016 primary season seemed particularly unusual in no small part because Donald Trump — a well known real-estate mogul and celebrity — was leading the Republican Primary. Although most pundits gave him no shot at winning, he continued to perform well in the primary elections. Thus, I wondered — who is supporting Donald Trump?” said Ryne A. Sherman, an associate professor at Texas Tech University and author of the study.

Using an online survey of 1,825 American adults, Sherman found that Trump supporters tended to have little interest in supporting social welfare programs, a strong desire for power over others, a strong desire to make money, a preference for financial risk taking, and a preference for strictly adhering to social traditions.

Trump supporters were more likely to agree with statements such as “People who are poor just need to work harder”, “In life, winning is the only thing that matters”, “A company’s main focus should be profits”, “Art shows are boring”, and “Dress codes are good and should be followed strictly.”

On the other hand, Trump supporters tended to disagree with statements such as “Building relationships is more important than building profit”, “Happiness is more important than money”, “Protestors are the most patriotic citizens”, and “Applying the scientific method is the best way to discover the truth.”

Sherman found these values predicted support for Trump even after controlling for the effects of party affiliation and political ideology.

“Values are key drivers of human behavior and represent our philosophy on life,” he explained to PsyPost. “As a result, we tend to like people (and organizations) that share our values.”

“This study demonstrated that shared values (i.e., values perceived to be shared with Donald Trump) were a key driver of support for Donald Trump during the primary. This was true of both Republicans and Democrats, regardless of political ideology. Those who felt more similar to Trump in terms of his values were more likely to support him.”

The study, however, has some limitations.

“This was an internet sample and not necessarily representative of the US population,” Sherman explained. “Thus, the generalizability of this finding may be questionable. Despite this, the study did measure attitudes and values from more than 1,800 adults from every state in the US. It would be interesting to have measured similar attitudes and values regarding other primary candidates, including Hillary Clinton. Perhaps future studies should consider doing this.”

Looks more like a conclusion in search of a statistic, but as the article states, it should be expanded vastly.

I'd also be interested in where the libertarians and green party types would play into this. Seeing the common thread among the ideologies would be my pique interest.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Swashy » Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:59 am

So wait, Trump won the Archie Bunker demographic? Get the **** outta here, REALLY??!! :o
Swashy

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:12 am

Swashy wrote:So wait, Trump won the Archie Bunker demographic? Get the **** outta here, REALLY??!! :o

That's why it should be expanded. I doubt everybody who voted for Trump is an Archie Bunker type and not everyone who voted for Hillary is a Meathead type.

I'd like to see this as broad as possible with as big a sample as possible to see where everyone is at with their values and try to see what is most common between the different ideologies.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby DreadNaught » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:20 am

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
Buc2 wrote:Agreed. I don't care how much you disliked the guy, let him retire and bow out on his own.

The FBI's Office of Professional Responsibility made the recommendation to fire McCabe. There is also an IG report that will be released which will likely support that recommendation.

Does that matter at all? Was Trump/DoJ suppose to save McCabe and go against the FBI/IG recommendation?
DreadNaught

Postby Buc2 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:29 am

DreadNaught wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:Yup. He was out of the game and earned every nickel of that pension.

The FBI's Office of Professional Responsibility made the recommendation to fire McCabe. There is also an IG report that will be released which will likely support that recommendation.

Does that matter at all? Was Trump/DoJ suppose to save McCabe and go against the FBI/IG recommendation?

I don't care who fired him or who recommended he be fired. Would two more ****ing days have made a difference? Then, if you wanted to withhold his pension, find him criminally guilty of something. That, or leave him the **** alone with his pension and tell him, off the record of course, "Here's your pension. Now stfu and we'll let you keep it." But, like I said, I'm generally a nice guy, so I would have waited two more days.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Swashy » Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:33 am

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
Swashy wrote:So wait, Trump won the Archie Bunker demographic? Get the **** outta here, REALLY??!! :o

That's why it should be expanded. I doubt everybody who voted for Trump is an Archie Bunker type and not everyone who voted for Hillary is a Meathead type.

I'd like to see this as broad as possible with as big a sample as possible to see where everyone is at with their values and try to see what is most common between the different ideologies.

Fully agreed here. It's an interesting sample to say the least. Funny enough my mother is a diehard liberal and did not vote because she would not cast for vote for Clinton and my father (equally as liberal) quoted of "I'll never vote Republican again for as long as I live" as recently as 2004 voted for Trump because Clinton was the same unsatisfactory Democratic establishment candidate as Obama.

I for one did not vote at all.
Swashy

Postby Swashy » Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:35 am

Buc2 wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:

I don't care who fired him or who recommended he be fired. Would two more ****ing days have made a difference? Then, if you wanted to withhold his pension, find him criminally guilty of something. That, or leave him the **** alone with his pension and tell him, off the record of course, "Here's your pension. Now stfu and we'll let you keep it." But, like I said, I'm generally a nice guy, so I would have waited two more days.

Well said. FBI personnel or not, how would people feel if this was done to a veteran? It's still the same dirty deed.
Swashy

Postby The Outsider » Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:40 am

Or just a cop. It was a scheisty move no matter how it's spun.
The Outsider

Postby Buc2 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:46 am

And if anyone thinks for one minute he wasn't fired when he was for the express purpose of screwing him out of his pension, you're lying to yourself. It was petty and backhanded.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Brazen331 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:56 pm

Buc2 wrote:And if anyone thinks for one minute he wasn't fired when he was for the express purpose of screwing him out of his pension, you're lying to yourself. It was petty and backhanded.

Maybe you should wait to see what happened before passing judgment? People go to prison for lying to the FBI. It seems like we have a Deputy Director of the FBI who lied to the FBI here and people are worried about his pension. It was the FBI’s office of professional responsibility that recommended the firing.

And it’s not like he was planning to retire now all along. He is retiring because he is being pushed out for misconduct.
Last edited by Brazen331 on Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brazen331

Postby The Outsider » Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:57 pm

Brazen331 wrote:
Buc2 wrote:And if anyone thinks for one minute he wasn't fired when he was for the express purpose of screwing him out of his pension, you're lying to yourself. It was petty and backhanded.

Maybe you should wait to see what happened before passing judgment? People go to prison for lying to the FBI. It seems like we have a Deputy Director of the FBI who lied to the FBI here and people are worried about his pension. It was the FBI’s office of professional responsibility that recommended the firing.

He's not going to jail either way.
The Outsider

Postby Brazen331 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:00 pm

The Outsider wrote:
Brazen331 wrote:

He's not going to jail either way.

Of course. But if it’s good enough for Martha Stewart it should be good enough for him, especially for him given his position.
Brazen331

Postby DreadNaught » Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:53 pm

The Outsider wrote:Or just a cop. It was a scheisty move no matter how it's spun.

This stuff happens to military personnel and LEOs all the time that have qualified for their pensions and get fired for conduct before they can retire and collect. Many times it's for far less that what McCabe is implicated for.

I've seen 20+ year officers and senior enlisted discharged and lose their pensions for cheating on their spouse (many times after they had been cheated on themselves while deployed). Or for failing a drug test after 20+ years of service. So I'm not going to feel bad for McCabe when he was derelict in his duties.

McCabe fucked up to the point the FBI recommended he be fired knowing how that would effect his pension.
DreadNaught

Postby Ken Carson » Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:51 pm

The Outsider wrote:
uscbucsfan wrote:

That’s what I was referring to. Slut shaming Melania isn’t OK because someone else compared Michelle to a monkey.
Ken Carson

Postby The Outsider » Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:17 pm

Ken Carson wrote:
The Outsider wrote:

That’s what I was referring to. Slut shaming Melania isn’t OK because someone else compared Michelle to a monkey.

Yeah, I mean, she isn't really a slut. She's definitely a gold digger, but she's admitted that her self. It's too bad people go for the cheap shot when there are plenty of legitimate flaws to point out.
The Outsider

Postby NYBF » Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:34 pm

Trump urges death penalty for drug dealers

Wonder where he got that idea.......
NYBF

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:16 pm

NYBF wrote:Trump urges death penalty for drug dealers

To be fair, it would solve the prison overpopulation problem.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby sanka » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:20 pm

How many people are killed by cocaine and heroin everyday? I support the death penalty and decriminalize marijuana all together.
To live is to suffer, to survive is to find some meaning in the suffering.
-Friedrich Nietzsche
sanka

Postby Rocker » Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:29 pm

I have a huge problem with this.
Rocker

Postby The Outsider » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:08 pm

sanka wrote:

How many people are killed by cocaine and heroin everyday? I support the death penalty and decriminalize marijuana all together.

smh
The Outsider

Postby The Outsider » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:09 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:

To be fair, it would solve the prison overpopulation problem.

So would killing baby boomers.....

Somehow?
The Outsider

Postby Buc2 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:56 am

The Outsider wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:To be fair, it would solve the prison overpopulation problem.

Somehow?

Or Millennials. Just sayin'.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby The Outsider » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:01 am

Buc2 wrote:
The Outsider wrote:

Somehow?

Or Millennials. Just sayin'.

It would actually be more effective as the Boomers are on their way out anyway and the Millennials are the primary breeding group right now.
The Outsider

PreviousNext

Return to Politics and Religion