Random Political News

A Place to respectfully discuss those topics that you should never discuss.
post

Re: Random Political News

Postby Zarniwoop » Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:18 pm

The Outsider wrote:Nothing is perfect, and people will find another suitable person to fill a good congressperson's seat when their term expires.

I'd rather take the lesser evil of good public servants being term limited over the much worse reality of shitty public servants staying in office for longer than I've been alive.



This is where I'm at. I think one of the biggest mistake our founders made in the constitution is not realizing that people (even elected democratically) will gravitate towards power and will want to hang on to it as long as they can. I do think they sort of controlled for this by creating a government gear and structured more towards public service then we have now . Let's be honest, right now, being a politician is a very good way to get wealthy...not just in the short term through salary but in terms of pensions for life.


When it comes to corruption and improper influence...our system right now is set up for it. Just about everyone hates the unlimited money in Congress and huge donations from businesses, unions, etc. These entities can have a whole lot more influence if they don't have to hedge their bets as to who has/will have influence.


Lifetime politicians have inequitable influence over politics....they make it more difficult to oust unsatisfactory incumbents...and they create huge barriers to a truly free choice election.

They help solidify our awful two party system as the party almost always backs the incumbent and regardless of who wins, whoever does has to toe the party line to get more money


Lifetime politicians are one of the biggest contributing reasons to why Congress has a 20% approval rate but something like a 90% incumbency win rate (or whatever the numbers are)
Zarniwoop
 
Posts: 6368
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:23 pm
Has thanked: 323 times
Been thanked: 284 times

Re: Random Political News

Postby uscbucsfan » Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:16 pm

Buc2 wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:
Will you be calling for your own death when you get older?

All joking aside, MB brings up a good counter argument. It's got me thinking. My quick response is, most voters are too stupid to be voting, so term limits would mitigate the stupid voter voting for the same dickhead term after term after term because, "I know HIS name!" {pushes button for Dickhead}

However, I can see that's not that great of a counter argument to what MB said. That was just my quick go-to. :)


So because most voters are stupid and would vote for a name they recognize, you want the government to take that ability away from them? MB's point is basically the same thing I believe in and have brought up on this board. We have built in term limits as it is, and it's when people go up for re-election. If you and Zarni don't believe they should be trusted with that responsibility, what else should they have taken from them? Their ability to save money? Their ability to choose and pay for health care? Their ability to not kill people with guns?
Image
User avatar
uscbucsfan
 
Posts: 4904
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:21 pm
Has thanked: 112 times
Been thanked: 137 times

Re: Random Political News

Postby Zarniwoop » Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:25 pm

uscbucsfan wrote:
Buc2 wrote:All joking aside, MB brings up a good counter argument. It's got me thinking. My quick response is, most voters are too stupid to be voting, so term limits would mitigate the stupid voter voting for the same dickhead term after term after term because, "I know HIS name!" {pushes button for Dickhead}

However, I can see that's not that great of a counter argument to what MB said. That was just my quick go-to. :)


So because most voters are stupid and would vote for a name they recognize, you want the government to take that ability away from them? MB's point is basically the same thing I believe in and have brought up on this board. We have built in term limits as it is, and it's when people go up for re-election. If you and Zarni don't believe they should be trusted with that responsibility, what else should they have taken from them? Their ability to save money? Their ability to choose and pay for health care? Their ability to not kill people with guns?



Way to channel your inner Clewi and completely go off of ridiculous tangents


Should I make some too?




The fact of the matter is we are talking about the structure of our government. We already have structure set up. We don't allow 14 year olds to vote. We make people vote where they are registered. Presidents can only serve 2 full terms. You have to have been born in the US to seek presidency. As discussed earlier, we have age qualifications. States have laws for which primary people can vote in...and indeed which primary they would run in if they were seeking office. Etc. Etc.

It's not an all or nothing.

I expect better from you.
Zarniwoop
 
Posts: 6368
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:23 pm
Has thanked: 323 times
Been thanked: 284 times

Re: Random Political News

Postby uscbucsfan » Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:51 pm

Zarniwoop wrote:
uscbucsfan wrote:
So because most voters are stupid and would vote for a name they recognize, you want the government to take that ability away from them? MB's point is basically the same thing I believe in and have brought up on this board. We have built in term limits as it is, and it's when people go up for re-election. If you and Zarni don't believe they should be trusted with that responsibility, what else should they have taken from them? Their ability to save money? Their ability to choose and pay for health care? Their ability to not kill people with guns?



Way to channel your inner Clewi and completely go off of ridiculous tangents


Should I make some too?




The fact of the matter is we are talking about the structure of our government. We already have structure set up. We don't allow 14 year olds to vote. We make people vote where they are registered. Presidents can only serve 2 full terms. You have to have been born in the US to seek presidency. As discussed earlier, we have age qualifications. States have laws for which primary people can vote in...and indeed which primary they would run in if they were seeking office. Etc. Etc.

It's not an all or nothing.

I expect better from you.


Because you can't trust people to not vote for someone over and over again, you want to take that right away? The President is different. It's a singular position that holds a lot more power, but I'm not a massive fan of that either. We are talking about 535 people that would be rotated out every few years. We don't have that sort of enthusiasm in Politics to support that with viable candidates. Plus, again, if enough people in an area wants person "x" to be re-elected, they should have the right to pick someone they the believe represents them. I thought your argument held more merit than "people are stupid". I'm not ok with the government governmenting to protect people from themselves. You should know that.\

Instead of listing those questions, I should have just asked if this is one of those outliers that goes against your main political ideology, but I just did it in a little bit of a ***hole way. Don't forget I'm a POS.
Image
User avatar
uscbucsfan
 
Posts: 4904
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:21 pm
Has thanked: 112 times
Been thanked: 137 times

Re: Random Political News

Postby Zarniwoop » Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:41 pm

Just don’t let me catch you going full retard again

:P
Zarniwoop
 
Posts: 6368
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:23 pm
Has thanked: 323 times
Been thanked: 284 times

Re: Random Political News

Postby bucfanclw » Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:01 pm

Damn. One conservative tries to get an explanation out of another and my name gets invoked. The conservative that asked the question immediately cowers and calls himself a POS.

I'd say you guys need to take a breath and do some introspection but this is getting fun to watch now.
User avatar
bucfanclw
 
Posts: 3829
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:09 pm
Location: I'm told Clewiston
Has thanked: 20 times
Been thanked: 162 times

Re: Random Political News

Postby uscbucsfan » Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:14 pm

bucfanclw wrote:Damn. One conservative tries to get an explanation out of another and my name gets invoked. The conservative that asked the question immediately cowers and calls himself a POS.

I'd say you guys need to take a breath and do some introspection but this is getting fun to watch now.

Someone is defensive.
Image
User avatar
uscbucsfan
 
Posts: 4904
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:21 pm
Has thanked: 112 times
Been thanked: 137 times

Re: Random Political News

Postby Zarniwoop » Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:31 pm

Hey don’t get mad at him for thinking you cower to your POS title....what did Phantom say about that?


Apologize to the nice man
Zarniwoop
 
Posts: 6368
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:23 pm
Has thanked: 323 times
Been thanked: 284 times

Re: Random Political News

Postby uscbucsfan » Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:33 pm

Zarniwoop wrote:Hey don’t get mad at him for thinking you cower to your POS title....what did Phantom say about that?


Apologize to the nice man


POS, bootlicker, ***hole, ****...I must worship the many faced god on this board.
Image
User avatar
uscbucsfan
 
Posts: 4904
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:21 pm
Has thanked: 112 times
Been thanked: 137 times

Re: Random Political News

Postby Zarniwoop » Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:49 pm

I can only inspire idiot, immoral, shithead.

I worship at your altar
Zarniwoop
 
Posts: 6368
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:23 pm
Has thanked: 323 times
Been thanked: 284 times

Re: Random Political News

Postby The Outsider » Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:12 pm

uscbucsfan wrote:
Because you can't trust people to not vote for someone over and over again, you want to take that right away?



Yes.
Image
User avatar
The Outsider
 
Posts: 4343
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:02 pm
Location: Gettin' all up in ya
Has thanked: 66 times
Been thanked: 238 times

Re: Random Political News

Postby beardmcdoug » Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:27 pm

The Outsider wrote:
uscbucsfan wrote:
Because you can't trust people to not vote for someone over and over again, you want to take that right away?



Yes.


Get a load of the extremist over here!
User avatar
beardmcdoug
 
Posts: 3128
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:30 pm
Has thanked: 379 times
Been thanked: 249 times

Re: Random Political News

Postby The Outsider » Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:43 pm

beardmcdoug wrote:
The Outsider wrote:

Yes.


Get a load of the extremist over here!


Meh, I have a lot of ideological beliefs that aren't compatible with contemporary societal values. I just don't try to push them on anyone.

In this case I think there's a valid argument to be made for term limiting legislative branch politicians the same way we do executive branch politicians.
Image
User avatar
The Outsider
 
Posts: 4343
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:02 pm
Location: Gettin' all up in ya
Has thanked: 66 times
Been thanked: 238 times

Re: Random Political News

Postby Rocker » Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:14 pm

The Outsider wrote:
beardmcdoug wrote:
Get a load of the extremist over here!


Meh, I have a lot of ideological beliefs that aren't compatible with contemporary societal values. I just don't try to push them on anyone.

In this case I think there's a valid argument to be made for term limiting legislative branch politicians the same way we do executive branch politicians.



I am like as is Outsider
Image
User avatar
Rocker
 
Posts: 3923
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:23 am
Location: Upper deck of the Old Sombrero
Has thanked: 224 times
Been thanked: 214 times

Re: Random Political News

Postby sanka » Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:10 am

Fox News Had a Different Reaction When Obama Wanted to Negotiate with North Korea

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

https://nowthisnews.com/videos/politics ... orth-korea
"History is a set of lies agreed upon." - Napoleon
User avatar
sanka
 
Posts: 3879
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:44 pm
Has thanked: 70 times
Been thanked: 44 times

Re: Random Political News

Postby Buc2 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:42 am

sanka wrote:Fox News Had a Different Reaction When Obama Wanted to Negotiate with North Korea

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

https://nowthisnews.com/videos/politics ... orth-korea

Negotiate or grovel capitulate?

Edited for political correctness.
Last edited by Buc2 on Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image
Don't tread on me
User avatar
Buc2
 
Posts: 11417
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:16 pm
Location: America
Has thanked: 945 times
Been thanked: 396 times

Re: Random Political News

Postby Commander Bubbles » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:53 am

The Outsider wrote:
beardmcdoug wrote:
Get a load of the extremist over here!


Meh, I have a lot of ideological beliefs that aren't compatible with contemporary societal values. I just don't try to push them on anyone.

In this case I think there's a valid argument to be made for term limiting legislative branch politicians the same way we do executive branch politicians.


Agreed. Would love to see this happen. It’s about time for people like McConnell, McCain, Pelosi, and Shumer to be changed out.
User avatar
Commander Bubbles
 
Posts: 1064
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:27 am
Has thanked: 204 times
Been thanked: 29 times

Re: Random Political News

Postby Commander Bubbles » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:55 am

sanka wrote:Fox News Had a Different Reaction When Obama Wanted to Negotiate with North Korea

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

https://nowthisnews.com/videos/politics ... orth-korea


I’m going to go out on a limb and assume CNN’s response was different as well. Both networks are equally ridiculous.
User avatar
Commander Bubbles
 
Posts: 1064
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:27 am
Has thanked: 204 times
Been thanked: 29 times

Re: Random Political News

Postby mdb1958 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:07 pm

Sanka dont realize he did meet with the enemies and then the entire middle east turned upside down.
mdb1958
 
Posts: 9719
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:11 pm
Has thanked: 156 times
Been thanked: 91 times

Re: Random Political News

Postby bucfanclw » Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:31 pm

Buc2 wrote:
Edited for political correctness.

Why? It’s not a personal attack on anyone on the board. If it upsets someone, that’s their problem.
User avatar
bucfanclw
 
Posts: 3829
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:09 pm
Location: I'm told Clewiston
Has thanked: 20 times
Been thanked: 162 times

Re: Random Political News

Postby Buc2 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:41 pm

bucfanclw wrote:
Buc2 wrote:
Edited for political correctness.

Why? It’s not a personal attack on anyone on the board. If it upsets someone, that’s their problem.

Humor.
Image
Don't tread on me
User avatar
Buc2
 
Posts: 11417
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:16 pm
Location: America
Has thanked: 945 times
Been thanked: 396 times

Re: Random Political News

Postby Commander Bubbles » Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:11 pm

mdb1958 wrote:Sanka dont realize he did meet with the enemies and then the entire middle east turned upside down.


Our interventionism had more to do with the destabilization of the Middle East than what you mentioned.
User avatar
Commander Bubbles
 
Posts: 1064
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:27 am
Has thanked: 204 times
Been thanked: 29 times

Re: Random Political News

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:02 pm

Firing McCabe was a **** move.

That is all.
Image
User avatar
Mountaineer Buc
 
Posts: 13704
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:15 pm
Location: Crestucky
Has thanked: 149 times
Been thanked: 642 times

Re: Random Political News

Postby sanka » Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:26 pm

Wharf Rat wrote:
sanka wrote:Fox News Had a Different Reaction When Obama Wanted to Negotiate with North Korea

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

https://nowthisnews.com/videos/politics ... orth-korea


I’m going to go out on a limb and assume CNN’s response was different as well. Both networks are equally ridiculous.


Can you provide the evidence?
"History is a set of lies agreed upon." - Napoleon
User avatar
sanka
 
Posts: 3879
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:44 pm
Has thanked: 70 times
Been thanked: 44 times

Re: Random Political News

Postby sanka » Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:27 pm

mdb1958 wrote:Sanka dont realize he did meet with the enemies and then the entire middle east turned upside down.

Who did he meet?
"History is a set of lies agreed upon." - Napoleon
User avatar
sanka
 
Posts: 3879
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:44 pm
Has thanked: 70 times
Been thanked: 44 times

Re: Random Political News

Postby Swashy » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:41 pm

Another one bites the dust. We seriously need to start a Trump Administration death pool
Swashy
 
Posts: 3537
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:11 pm
Has thanked: 78 times
Been thanked: 108 times

Re: Random Political News

Postby sanka » Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:12 am

Trump is full of drama like a soap opera....When you elect a clown this is what happens...making a mockery of the office of President. To think a lot of people hated Obama so much ...to the point they started insulting his daughters and wife.
"History is a set of lies agreed upon." - Napoleon
User avatar
sanka
 
Posts: 3879
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:44 pm
Has thanked: 70 times
Been thanked: 44 times

Re: Random Political News

Postby Ken Carson » Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:59 am

sanka wrote:Trump is full of drama like a soap opera....When you elect a clown this is what happens...making a mockery of the office of President. To think a lot of people hated Obama so much ...to the point they started insulting his daughters and wife.

I thought that mocking the President’s Family was off limits, too.

Though a lot of people who I saw posting things about how disrespectful people were being to Michelle had no problem posting nudes of Milania. So that cuts both ways too.
Ken Carson
 
Posts: 3407
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:33 pm
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 184 times

Re: Random Political News

Postby DreadNaught » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:11 am

Ken Carson wrote:
sanka wrote:Trump is full of drama like a soap opera....When you elect a clown this is what happens...making a mockery of the office of President. To think a lot of people hated Obama so much ...to the point they started insulting his daughters and wife.

I thought that mocking the President’s Family was off limits, too.

Though a lot of people who I saw posting things about how disrespectful people were being to Michelle had no problem posting nudes of Milania. So that cuts both ways too.


There will always be people who will find the worst examples in attempt to justify there own despicable behavior.
Image
User avatar
DreadNaught
 
Posts: 13091
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:18 am
Has thanked: 537 times
Been thanked: 566 times

Re: Random Political News

Postby Buc2 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:31 am

Mountaineer Buc wrote:Firing McCabe was a **** move.

That is all.

Agreed. I don't care how much you disliked the guy, let him retire and bow out on his own.
Image
Don't tread on me
User avatar
Buc2
 
Posts: 11417
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:16 pm
Location: America
Has thanked: 945 times
Been thanked: 396 times

PreviousNext

post

Return to Politics and Religion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests