Random Political News

A Place to respectfully discuss those topics that you should never discuss.
Re: Random Political News

Postby DreadNaught » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:43 pm

For the record Trump paid a higher tax rate than;

Comcast (NBC parent Co.)
Obama
Bernie Sanders
DreadNaught

Postby Babeinbucland » Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:07 pm

DreadNaught wrote:For the record Trump paid a higher tax rate than;

Comcast (NBC parent Co.)
Obama
Bernie Sanders

The higher the income the higher the rate right?
Babeinbucland

Postby DreadNaught » Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:14 pm

Babeinbucland wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:For the record Trump paid a higher tax rate than;

Comcast (NBC parent Co.)
Obama
Bernie Sanders

So you're arguing Trump paid his fair share of taxes?

Good to know.
DreadNaught

Postby Corsair » Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:18 pm

DreadNaught wrote:
Babeinbucland wrote:

Good to know.

So wait... Trump was a good businessman when he allegedly exploited loopholes to avoid taxes for 18 years, or when he pays much more than he needed to?

Do you guys ever get tired of your doublespeak?
Corsair

Postby DreadNaught » Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:21 pm

He didn't avoid taxes in 2005 it would seem.

Perhaps he did in other years. Either way the IRS has never come after him and this whole Trump taxes narrative has been a nothing burger.

Maddow and MSNBC played themselves tonight. Feel free to spin it however you wish.
DreadNaught

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:11 am

DreadNaught wrote:He didn't avoid taxes in 2005 it would seem.

Perhaps he did in other years. Either way the IRS has never come after him and this whole Trump taxes narrative has been a nothing burger.

Maddow and MSNBC played themselves tonight. Feel free to spin it however you wish.

The man could have just released his taxes during the campaign like everyone else and saved us all the aggravation.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Ken Carson » Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:57 am

Mountaineer Buc wrote:

The man could have just released his taxes during the campaign like everyone else and saved us all the aggravation.

Was there as much energy spent on this as with Obama's birth certificate? Waste of time for everyone,
Ken Carson

Postby Buc2 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:07 am

Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:13 am

Ken Carson wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:The man could have just released his taxes during the campaign like everyone else and saved us all the aggravation.

Was there as much energy spent on this as with Obama's birth certificate? Waste of time for everyone,

Come on, Ken. The birther movement was complete balderdash. Trump's tax returns could have been digested and forgotten a year ago. The only reason it's still an issue is because he ducked it.

He gave Democrats a bone to chew on and now we're supposed to be shocked when they chew on it?
Mountaineer Buc

Postby RedLeader » Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:46 am

that's what you do when a dog keeps knipping at ankles and biting up the furniture... you give them something to chew on... usually some piece of synthetic cowhide will keep them distracted for days. In this case, longer.
RedLeader

Postby NYBF » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:43 am

Corsair wrote:Image

That Trump Tower pic is kind of misleading, since the Feds refuse to reimburse NYC for the costs. It's not costing US taxpayers a cent.
NYBF

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:29 am

RedLeader wrote:that's what you do when a dog keeps knipping at ankles and biting up the furniture... you give them something to chew on... usually some piece of synthetic cowhide will keep them distracted for days. In this case, longer.

In that case, he should have released them right after the ***** video hit.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Buc2 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:38 am

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
RedLeader wrote:that's what you do when a dog keeps knipping at ankles and biting up the furniture... you give them something to chew on... usually some piece of synthetic cowhide will keep them distracted for days. In this case, longer.

In that case, he should have released them right after the ***** video hit.

Naw. He was still hoping he wouldn't really get elected back then.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Babeinbucland » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:51 am

DreadNaught wrote:
Babeinbucland wrote:

Good to know.

Actually i think for 2005 that was a lot of money to pay in taxes lol but it still isn't the hundreds of thousands in taxes every year as he claimed. So his fair share? For 2005 looks that way although we don't have all the return. But until I see the last 5 years, I doubt it for anything recent. In fact I am reminded that he told Hilary Clinton that not paying taxes was "smart" which must make his supporters idiots for paying theirs.
Babeinbucland

Postby Buc2 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:53 am

Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Babeinbucland » Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:19 pm

Last edited by Babeinbucland on Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Babeinbucland

Postby Brazen331 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:42 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:

If there is nothing there, then Trump played this well. If you don't release your taxes, then the the media will obsess over them which is what you want if they are aboveboard. Better to send them on this wild goose chase, knowing all along they are wasting their time, than have them investigate something that can damage you.

The longer you keep them secret, the bigger the expectation you are hiding something. And what a big payoff for you if when they are finally revealed there is nothing.

Aww, poor Donald paid his taxes all along like a good boy, and look at how they harassed him and invaded his privacy. I think not releasing taxes during the campaign had more to do with thinking he was going to lose and be a private citizen right now so why would he want that info out there when the gig all along was to just have fun running for Prez?
Brazen331

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:18 pm

Brazen331 wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:The man could have just released his taxes during the campaign like everyone else and saved us all the aggravation.

If there is nothing there, then Trump played this well. If you don't release your taxes, then the the media will obsess over them which is what you want if they are aboveboard. Better to send them on this wild goose chase, knowing all along they are wasting their time, than have them investigate something that can damage you.

The longer you keep them secret, the bigger the expectation you are hiding something. And what a big payoff for you if when they are finally revealed there is nothing.

Aww, poor Donald paid his taxes all along like a good boy, and look at how they harassed him and invaded his privacy. I think not releasing taxes during the campaign had more to do with thinking he was going to lose and be a private citizen right now so why would he want that info out there when the gig all along was to just have fun running for Prez?

LOL

Is that the narrative? That is hilarious. And the best part is how none of that is coming out of the white house.

Is this the part where you guys put out that Trump released his own 2005 taxes just to play the media for suckers? Talk about backfire because now we're all talking about it again!

You guys give this guy way too much credit. Thus far, the president has done nothing to demonstrate that he is anything more than the buffoon the media portrays him to be.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Ken Carson » Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:18 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
Ken Carson wrote:Was there as much energy spent on this as with Obama's birth certificate? Waste of time for everyone,

Come on, Ken. The birther movement was complete balderdash. Trump's tax returns could have been digested and forgotten a year ago. The only reason it's still an issue is because he ducked it.

He gave Democrats a bone to chew on and now we're supposed to be shocked when they chew on it?

The birther movement was complete and utter crap... that Obama could have nipped in the bud. Obviously, it didn't deserve to be dignified, and I agree it isn't a perfect comparison.

What I am comparing is the witch hunt that obsesses over documents that might delegitimize a president so-and-so doesn't like.
Ken Carson

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:24 pm

Ken Carson wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:Come on, Ken. The birther movement was complete balderdash. Trump's tax returns could have been digested and forgotten a year ago. The only reason it's still an issue is because he ducked it.

The brother movement was complete and utter crap... that Obama could have nipped in the bud. Obviously, it didn't deserve to be dignified, and I agree it isn't a perfect comparison.

What I am comparing is the witch hunt that obsesses over documents that might delegitimize a president so-and-so doesn't like.

Oh, sure. The Democratic brain trust is scraping for anything that they could find that could delegitimize Trump. I'll concede that all day long while we acknowledge that this same crap went on 8 years ago.

Big difference here is how nobody remembers Mitt Romney's taxes and the soundbite about his effective tax rate had almost no impact on the election.

Trump could have sidestepped all this a year ago. But he's not as smart as his supporters think he is.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Ken Carson » Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:33 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
Ken Carson wrote:The brother movement was complete and utter crap... that Obama could have nipped in the bud. Obviously, it didn't deserve to be dignified, and I agree it isn't a perfect comparison.

Oh, sure. The Democratic brain trust is scraping for anything that they could find that could delegitimize Trump. I'll concede that all day long while we acknowledge that this same crap went on 8 years ago.

Big difference here is how nobody remembers Mitt Romney's taxes and the soundbite about his effective tax rate had almost no impact on the election.

Trump could have sidestepped all this a year ago. But he's not as smart as his supporters think he is.

We all believe what we want unfortunately.
Ken Carson

Postby Babeinbucland » Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:25 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
Ken Carson wrote:The brother movement was complete and utter crap... that Obama could have nipped in the bud. Obviously, it didn't deserve to be dignified, and I agree it isn't a perfect comparison.

Boy is that the understatement of the year!
Babeinbucland

Postby Brazen331 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:37 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
Brazen331 wrote:

LOL

Is that the narrative? That is hilarious. And the best part is how none of that is coming out of the white house.

Is this the part where you guys put out that Trump released his own 2005 taxes just to play the media for suckers? Talk about backfire because now we're all talking about it again!

You guys give this guy way too much credit. Thus far, the president has done nothing to demonstrate that he is anything more than the buffoon the media portrays him to be.

I wasn't giving any narrative I was speaking theoretically about why it may be beneficial to withhold tax returns if there is nothing to hide. And it was the same dude who received the tax return in the mail who put out the theory that Trump sent it to him. So that theory was first revealed on Rachel Maddow. David Kay Johnston and Maddow are both hard-left so no to your 2nd paragraph.
Brazen331

Postby HamBone » Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:07 pm

I saw an article where McCain stated that Rand Paul was working for Putin. Lol
HamBone

Postby Corsair » Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:28 pm

HamBone wrote:I saw an article where McCain stated that Rand Paul was working for Putin. Lol

Did you read the article that explains what he meant?
Corsair

Postby deltbucs » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:36 pm

I thought that most people, like me, wanted to see Trump's tax returns to learn about possible conflicts of interest.....not necessarily effective tax rate.
deltbucs

Postby HamBone » Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:33 am

Corsair wrote:
HamBone wrote:I saw an article where McCain stated that Rand Paul was working for Putin. Lol

Did you read the article that explains what he meant?

I did...did you?
HamBone

Postby mightyleemoon » Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:46 am

deltbucs wrote:I thought that most people, like me, wanted to see Trump's tax returns to learn about possible conflicts of interest.....not necessarily effective tax rate.

This is the only reason to care about his tax returns.
mightyleemoon

Postby Buc2 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:13 am

Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby mightyleemoon » Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:19 am

She needs to work on her drunk jokes.

Speaking of drunk jokes...this one is landing pretty well.

This is right up there with bad lip reading.
mightyleemoon

PreviousNext

Return to Politics and Religion