Random Political News

A Place to respectfully discuss those topics that you should never discuss.
Re: Random Political News

Postby Babeinbucland » Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:27 am

The trumpkins are too oblivious to care about this nor intellectually equipped to understand the nuances and ramifications. (Yes Buc2 I am speaking to you) But in a year when everything has gone to hell they will suddenly find they are wildly creative and find ways to blame Obama. I think those of us who are rational (Not talking to you Buc2 here) understand the real reason the trumpkins don't care about our environment, health care for everyone, etc is becuasue their top agenda is greed and their caring only about themselves. I should be used to the lunacy of the trumpkins, but sadly, I am still astonished by their ignorance and lack of ability to comprehend the actual facts and the implications and impact those facts are going to have on the future of my beloved America

Secretary of State Rex Tillerson used a second alias email address to discuss climate change while he was chairman and CEO of ExxonMobil, according to a letter filed in court Monday by the New York Attorney General’s Office.
New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman alleges that from “at least 2008 to 2015” Tillerson, whose middle name is Wayne, used the “Wayne Tracker” pseudonym email “to send and receive materials regarding important matters, including those concerning to the risk-management issues related to climate change.”
Schneiderman is investigating whether ExxonMobil made “significant misrepresentations” about the risks posed by climate change to its shareholders.
“Despite the company’s incidental production of approximately 60 documents bearing the ‘Wayne Tracker’ email address, neither Exxon nor its counsel have ever disclosed that this separate email account was a vehicle for Mr. Tillerson’s relevant communications at Exxon,” the letter, which was filed in New York Supreme Court as part of a fraud investigation into the company, states.
In a statement, ExxonMobil said Tillerson’s main email address received a large volume of messages. The email address Wayne.Tracker@exxonmobil.com was put in place for “secure and expedited” communications between senior executives for a broad range of business-related topics.
“Media reports indicating that emails to or from this address were exclusively for climate-related topics are false,” the company said. “ExxonMobil believes the risk of climate change is clear and warrants action.”
In November 2015, while Tillerson was still running the company, Schneiderman subpoenaed ExxonMobil for documents in the case. The company initially complied, producing more than 500,000 pages of documents in response to the subpoena.
But according to Schneiderman’s letter, the trove of documents contained only 673 pieces of management material, including just 160 emails from over the decade-long time period of the subpoena.
Last March, about six months after Schneiderman opened his investigation, ExxonMobil appeared to stop cooperating in the investigation.
The company sued Massachusetts Attorney General Maura Healey, who is also investigating ExxonMobil, in Texas federal court. Then Exxon sought to add Schneiderman to the case and stopped turning over documents to the attorney general’s office.
Around the same time, Rep. Lamar Smith of Texas, the Republican chairman of the House Committee on Science, Space, and Technology, demanded that Schneiderman and Healey turn over documents as part of a congressional investigation, claiming possible violations of state fraud laws.

ExxonMobil said in its statement that it would respond to Schneiderman’s letter in court, not in the media, but added that it has been responsive to the subpoena, providing more than 2.5 million pages of documents.
In December, Schneiderman’s office submitted a motion to dismiss Exxon’s lawsuit and quash the company’s related requests for discovery in the Texas case. A judge cancelled the deposition of Healey and postponed all discovery in the case.
In the New York case, Schneiderman is requesting that a judge schedule a conference to ensure Exxon’s compliance with the subpoena.
Michael Hayes is a senior reporter for BuzzFeed News and is based in New York.
Babeinbucland

Postby mightyleemoon » Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:33 am

That wall of text prefaced with an insult is going places. I can feel it.
mightyleemoon

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:10 am

Babe is far from being the only one, but folks in this forum have a bad habit of using the source to make their point rather than make a point and cite a source.

Nobody wants to read the entire wall of text. Post an excerpt, bold the main points, or post a link.

But for the love of Spock, speak your mind. Make a point instead of a half sentence of passive aggressiveness.

The election is long over. I think we can go back to actual discussions now. Or would you folks rather just keep this up and call each other ***holes and posting articles until the next election?

This place is a mess.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Bootz2004 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:25 am

Apparently Trump didn't mean wiretapping when he tweeted that he was wire tapped. This according to Spicer.
Bootz2004

Postby Rocker » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:29 am

Rocker

Postby Rocker » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:30 am

Buc2 wrote:Meanwhile, in NY...

New York to Scrap Literacy Test for Prospective Teachers Over Lack of Diversity

New York education officials are expected on Monday to eliminate a test designed to measure the reading and writing skills of people trying to become teachers, in part because a disproportionate number of African-American and Hispanic test takers were failing it.

The state Board of Regents has looked to adopt a task force's recommendation of eliminating the Academic Literacy Skills Test, according to the Associated Press.

"We want high standards, without a doubt. Not every given test is going to get us there," said Leslie Soodak, a professor of education at Pace University who served on the task force.

The literacy test, which was introduced in the 2013-2014 school year in an effort to raise the level of school teaching in the state, has alarmed some because of how minorities performed taking it. Only 46 percent of Hispanics and 41 percent of African Americans passed the test on the first try. Sixty-four percent of white candidates passed the literacy test on the first try.

Proponents of the test say it helps improve the quality of the state's teachers and scrapping it will allow weak ones to work in New York classrooms, the AP reported.

Critics of the test argue it is redundant and a poor predictor of teacher performance. Some say it unfairly disadvantages minority candidates.

In 2015, a federal judge ruled that the test was not discriminatory, but many see a lack of diversity among teachers as problematic.

"Having a white workforce really doesn't match our student body anymore," Soodak said.

Yeah. **** the kids. Who gives a **** if they're illiterate when they graduate? Right?

What sticks out to me about the article is how in God's Name the continuing education system graduated these people that can't pass a literacy test.

And all of the underlying issues that go along with that.
Rocker

Postby Babeinbucland » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:31 am

Bootz2004 wrote:Apparently Trump didn't mean wiretapping when he tweeted that he was wire tapped. This according to Spicer.

Oh for God's sake Bootz, he used air quotes, try not to hold trump accountable for his words. He really thinks that is unfair.
Babeinbucland

Postby PrimeMinister » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:32 am

Mountaineer Buc wrote:Babe is far from being the only one, but folks in this forum have a bad habit of using the source to make their point rather than make a point and cite a source.

Nobody wants to read the entire wall of text. Post an excerpt, bold the main points, or post a link.

But for the love of Spock, speak your mind. Make a point instead of a half sentence of passive aggressiveness.

The election is long over. I think we can go back to actual discussions now. Or would you folks rather just keep this up and call each other ***holes and posting articles until the next election?

This place is a mess.

*liked*
PrimeMinister

Postby Babeinbucland » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:40 am

Mountaineer Buc wrote:Babe is far from being the only one, but folks in this forum have a bad habit of using the source to make their point rather than make a point and cite a source.

This place is a mess.

Here is the thing MB, if a reporter says it perfectly, I am not going to try to restate in when her or his reporting say it with the relevant facts and great clarity.

Secondly, I am not passive aggressive, agressive agressive maybe, but not passive agressive lol.

Thirdly, that folks won't read the accurate reporting, but instead dismiss it as a wall of text, defines EXACTLY the problem and why they remain ignorant of their own ignorance and ignorant in general about the germain issues.

So I will still and always post the reporting I find relevant, post some memes and use my voice to speak out against oppression of others and how this administration is hell bent on destroying my country for their own gain. So, once again, nope, I will not stop posting information and posters on this board are free to skim my postings, read my postings, put me on ignore, attack me blah blah blah. What they won't do is shut me up because I trigger their trumpkin selves and they can't handle their own emotions when they read my posts lol
Babeinbucland

Postby DreadNaught » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:42 am

mightyleemoon wrote:That wall of text prefaced with an insult is going places. I can feel it.

I read the first line and saw the insult and stopped thinking the same thing you posted. :D

I do find it amusing that Babe claims intellectual high ground based on her political ideology. I still laugh every time she goes there.

I certainly don't think people are less intelligent (or "idiots" like Corsair likes to call the opposition) b/c they're liberals. I just think part of it is that this election has screwed with alot of peoples mindset. Libs were SOOO convinced this could NEVER happen. Hillary victory parties and fireworks were scheduled, the media said it was 98% sure, etc,etc. Now it's tough for them to adjust to reality since their echo chamber was ruptured and instead of looking inward to critique what THEY could have done better they lash out aggressively and blame everyone else. It was Russia, It was sexism, It was stupid people, etc etc...
DreadNaught

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:22 pm

Babeinbucland wrote:

This place is a mess.

Here is the thing MB, if a reporter says it perfectly, I am not going to try to restate in when her or his reporting say it with the relevant facts and great clarity.

Secondly, I am not passive aggressive, agressive agressive maybe, but not passive agressive lol.

Thirdly, that folks won't read the accurate reporting, but instead dismiss it as a wall of text, defines EXACTLY the problem and why they remain ignorant of their own ignorance and ignorant in general about the germain issues.

So I will still and always post the reporting I find relevant, post some memes and use my voice to speak out against oppression of others and how this administration is hell bent on destroying my country for their own gain. So, once again, nope, I will not stop posting information and posters on this board are free to skim my postings, read my postings, put me on ignore, attack me blah blah blah. What they won't do is shut me up because I trigger their trumpkin selves and they can't handle their own emotions when they read my posts lol

Babe, I am not telling you to shut up. As a matter of fact, I'm suggesting that you speak MORE.

Speak for yourself. Have your own opinions. And by all means, cite all the sources you want.

But let it support what YOU have to say. Don't let reporters and bloggers do your talking for you.

None of the "trumpkins" can have a debate with the author of an OpEd here. They can, however, have a debate with you. And if you don't want to debate them, there's no sense in posting anything!

Finally, I wasn't calling you out. You just so happened to be the last poster to do it.

This forum is called Political discussion, I think we should use this forum to have political discussions.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Babeinbucland » Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:23 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
Babeinbucland wrote:Here is the thing MB, if a reporter says it perfectly, I am not going to try to restate in when her or his reporting say it with the relevant facts and great clarity.

Babe, I am not telling you to shut up. As a matter of fact, I'm suggesting that you speak MORE.

Speak for yourself. Have your own opinions. And by all means, cite all the sources you want.

But let it support what YOU have to say. Don't let reporters and bloggers do your talking for you.

None of the "trumpkins" can have a debate with the author of an OpEd here. They can, however, have a debate with you. And if you don't want to debate them, there's no sense in posting anything!

Finally, I wasn't calling you out. You just so happened to be the last poster to do it.

This forum is called Political discussion, I think we should use this forum to have political discussions.

I get you MB, truly. Not for a moment did I think you were calling me out, I got that you were addressing, in general, the posted info as opposed to the poster speaking their truth and debating/defending that. You and I are good. We simply have a difference of opinion. And that is because, I work 80 hours a week, 6 days a week and honestly, speaking strictly for myself,I don't have time to gather the intel, form my cogent argument, and then enter an ongoing debate with folks who haven't done the research or worse simply injest fox 's talking points and think they are facts. It is such a waste of my time. Right now I am on a much needed vacay so I can amuse myself toying with my mice on this board, but it a rare opportunity for me to do so.
Babeinbucland

Postby Corsair » Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:58 pm

I think people here spend way too much time telling others how/what they should post.
Corsair

Postby Babeinbucland » Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:19 pm

Corsair wrote:I think people here spend way too much time telling others how/what they should post.

I think you should post more posts that are posts that are posted about posts to me.
Babeinbucland

Postby DreadNaught » Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:43 pm

Corsair wrote:I think people here spend way too much time telling others how/what they should post.

Have you ever spent time telling others that you felt the threads they created were too general? :P
DreadNaught

Postby Corsair » Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:52 pm

Here we go again. Apparently DN has a problem with me trying to create threads for specific subjects so that the discussion doesn't get lost in the wash of a 60 page "all inclusive" thread.

Can't swing a cat around here without another criticism that has nothing to do with politics.
Corsair

Postby DreadNaught » Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:09 pm

Corsair wrote:Here we go again. Apparently DN has a problem with me trying to create threads for specific subjects so that the discussion doesn't get lost in the wash of a 60 page "all inclusive" thread.

Can't swing a cat around here without another criticism that has nothing to do with politics.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I don't totally disagree with your take on specific threads if someone wants to make one. I've certainly started my share. I just think there is room for both so that the board isn't full of threads with 1-3 responses. Imho we don't need a thread for every FA signing, or other random headline that disappears from the news cycle within 24 hours.

Anyways, I just saw your post here and thought it be fun to take a jab given your previous commentary. It wasn't meant as a serious critique, hence the :P .
DreadNaught

Postby Corsair » Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:37 pm

No worries. I was being dramatic to make a point. I figured you were playing along, too.
Corsair

Postby Babeinbucland » Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:50 pm

DreadNaught wrote:
mightyleemoon wrote:That wall of text prefaced with an insult is going places. I can feel it.

I do find it amusing that Babe claims intellectual high ground based on her political ideology.

Damn straight I do. The way I see it someone has to have some very dim bulbs to vote for trump in the first place, but to keep defending him as pure, and good and having America's best interest at heart, when all evidence points to the opposite, you gotta be a special kind of stupid. So, then I absolutely claim the intellectual high ground. He and his cabinet picks are going to destroy our planet along with our country and I will take exactly zero pleasure in being right. Again.
Babeinbucland

Postby DreadNaught » Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:57 pm

Babeinbucland wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:

Damn straight I do. The way I see it someone has to have some very dim bulbs to vote for trump in the first place, but to keep defending him as pure, and good and having America's best interest at heart, when all evidence points to the opposite, you gotta be a special kind of stupid. So, then I absolutely claim the intellectual high ground. He and his cabinet picks are going to destroy our planet along with our country and I will take exactly zero pleasure in being right. Again.

Sounds good. Enjoy your vacation..
DreadNaught

Postby Buc2 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:02 pm

Babeinbucland wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:

You should stick to the kitchen where I'm sure your superior brain power rules.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby mightyleemoon » Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:30 pm

Buc2 wrote:
Babeinbucland wrote:

Aaaand bucland ends up getting the high ground in the thread anyway...

Nicely done.
mightyleemoon

Postby bucfanclw » Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:47 pm

mightyleemoon wrote:
Buc2 wrote:You should stick to the kitchen where I'm sure your superior brain power rules.

Nicely done.

Buc2 is good for that sort of thing. Did you see how his God worship of Trump came out in the STFU thread when he used an article about a company finding more oil in the ground is an example of companies investing more in America now? So he either believes the company "invested" the oil to appease Trump, or Trump himself put the oil there. It's a beauty of a post.
bucfanclw

Postby Corsair » Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:52 pm

Inb4 Buc2 tells us that isn't his real opinion and he doesn't actually care about this politics stuff.
Corsair

Postby Babeinbucland » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:23 pm

Buc2 wrote:
Babeinbucland wrote:

You are hysterical (in more ways than one) but that was epic fail. Aw man, You tried so hard and just missed your chance here! The one area that I really do not shine is in the kitchen (unless it is purchasing really cool kitchen gadgets). My husband, however, in addition to being a master craftsman and artist with glass and wood is also an amature chef of great culinary talents. Which makes me a very fortunate babe. Nice try though.
Babeinbucland

Postby Babeinbucland » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:25 pm

DreadNaught wrote:
Babeinbucland wrote:

Sounds good. Enjoy your vacation..

Well, thank you very much!!
Babeinbucland

Postby beardmcdoug » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:47 pm

mightyleemoon wrote:
Buc2 wrote:You should stick to the kitchen where I'm sure your superior brain power rules.

Nicely done.

Lmfao
beardmcdoug

Postby uscbucsfan » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:13 pm

So I got an alert that MSNBC has Trump's tax returns and were going to release them at 9 pm

I flipped to MSNBC (which I never do) and they were all talking about it as big news and stating this is what we have all been waiting for.

They were two pages from his 1040 from 2005.

I know MSNBC is right there with Fox News as the worst pretending to be legitimate "news", but man I ****ing fell for it, hard...
uscbucsfan

Postby DreadNaught » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:25 pm

uscbucsfan wrote:So I got an alert that MSNBC has Trump's tax returns and were going to release them at 9 pm

I flipped to MSNBC (which I never do) and they were all talking about it as big news and stating this is what we have all been waiting for.

They were two pages from his 1040 from 2005.

I know MSNBC is right there with Fox News as the worst pretending to be legitimate "news", but man I ****ing fell for it, hard...

Looks like Maddow found Capone's vault
DreadNaught

Postby Babeinbucland » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:32 pm

While I am curious to see where this all goes, that was live click bait lol only untruth uncovered is that trump said he paid hundreds of millions of dollars in taxes every year and the return showed 38 million. But still 38 million :o
And of course it was only 2 pages of a tax return that is probably 50 pages or more, but if it isn't in the last 5 years I am not nearly as interested.
Babeinbucland

PreviousNext

Return to Politics and Religion