Random Political News

A Place to respectfully discuss those topics that you should never discuss.
Re: Random Political News

Postby DreadNaught » Wed May 23, 2018 11:24 am

I pay attention to polling data when it comes to issues people feel honest about responding to, but to clewy's point I think polling data on political races have proved to be pretty meaningless since the 2016 was such a monumental failure by the polling/data analytics folks.

I don't believe that the polls are corrupt, at least no all of them. But it's one of two things imo,

1) Polls over sample a specific demographic in order to obtain a pre-determined result

2) People respond to polls one way and vote the opposite

Fwiw I think both of these were at play in the lead up to the 2016 general election and I don't know if anything has changed.

As far as the midterms this fall, I expect the Dems to retake the House. The opposition party traditionally does very well in the following mid-terms. Even as popular as Obama was just 2 year into his Presidency the Dems lost the House in 2010.

The Senate races are also interesting b/c the Dems are defending alot more seats (26) than their GOP counterparts (9) this cycle. There are 17 Senate races that are deemed 'not safe' and 12 of those are Dems, 5 are GOP. So the Dems need to win all 12 of those, plus 2 of the 5 GOP seats assuming all of the 'safe incumbents' on both sides win their races. So imo the GOP will maintain the Senate majority in all likelihood.

But without the House the Dems can obstruct (like the GOP did w/ Obama) and ensure anything Trump does is easily undone one they take back the WH.
DreadNaught

Postby deltbucs » Wed May 23, 2018 12:07 pm

I don't give a **** which team wins. People just need to show up to primaries and vote for someone who isn't a corrupt ***hole.
deltbucs

Postby Rocker » Wed May 23, 2018 1:21 pm

deltbucs wrote:I don't give a **** which team wins. People just need to show up to primaries and vote for someone who isn't a corrupt ***hole.
Rocker

Postby Selmon Rules » Wed May 23, 2018 2:01 pm

deltbucs wrote:I don't give a **** which team wins. People just need to show up to primaries and vote for someone who isn't a corrupt ***hole.

Waiting for a politician who isn't corrupt to be born....
Sig currently being held hostage by Photobucket, will return next fall
Selmon Rules

Postby RedLeader » Wed May 23, 2018 3:55 pm

I really dont give a **** if the POTUS is a nice guy, or an ***hole... as long as he gets **** done. Real ****ing simple...
RedLeader

Postby RedLeader » Wed May 23, 2018 4:10 pm

DreadNaught wrote:I pay attention to polling data when it comes to issues people feel honest about responding to, but to clewy's point I think polling data on political races have proved to be pretty meaningless since the 2016 was such a monumental failure by the polling/data analytics folks.

I don't believe that the polls are corrupt, at least no all of them. But it's one of two things imo,

1) Polls over sample a specific demographic in order to obtain a pre-determined result

2) People respond to polls one way and vote the opposite

Fwiw I think both of these were at play in the lead up to the 2016 general election and I don't know if anything has changed.

As far as the midterms this fall, I expect the Dems to retake the House. The opposition party traditionally does very well in the following mid-terms. Even as popular as Obama was just 2 year into his Presidency the Dems lost the House in 2010.

The Senate races are also interesting b/c the Dems are defending alot more seats (26) than their GOP counterparts (9) this cycle. There are 17 Senate races that are deemed 'not safe' and 12 of those are Dems, 5 are GOP. So the Dems need to win all 12 of those, plus 2 of the 5 GOP seats assuming all of the 'safe incumbents' on both sides win their races. So imo the GOP will maintain the Senate majority in all likelihood.

But without the House the Dems can obstruct (like the GOP did w/ Obama) and ensure anything Trump does is easily undone one they take back the WH.

Nobody’s using that poll to claim any sort of victory.

However, a sudden and relatively significant change from what we’ve consistently seen the last year or so should be a cause for pause... Particularly coming on the heals of what some might call another bad week for dems in the media.

I can tell you political strategists on all sides are not being as glib as clewy, and are certainly paying attention...
RedLeader

Postby DreadNaught » Wed May 23, 2018 6:04 pm

Pelosi, House Democrats block veterans’ health care bill

Smdh.. I'm upset about this but also see a silver lining with how Dems are painting themselves into a corner with their predictable resistance.
DreadNaught

Postby Caradoc » Wed May 23, 2018 6:10 pm

Polls almost always over-favor democrats. It's part of the builtin bias - most polls are there to provide results that can be used for political 'momentum' for the people who pay the pollsters - of the 'objective' pollsters, most of them have a built in liberal bias they can't fully control for even if they try. It's just not an area with a lot of 'Right' people working in.
Caradoc

Postby Ken Carson » Wed May 23, 2018 6:14 pm

DreadNaught wrote:Pelosi, House Democrats block veterans’ health care bill

Smdh.. I'm upset about this but also see a silver lining with how Dems are painting themselves into a corner with their predictable resistance.

Link?
Ken Carson

Postby DreadNaught » Wed May 23, 2018 6:32 pm

Ken Carson wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:Pelosi, House Democrats block veterans’ health care bill

Link?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/pelosi-house ... =community
DreadNaught

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Fri May 25, 2018 8:02 am

Stole this from Reddit. It's probably 15 years old. Why not a little humor this Friday morning?

Why did the chicken cross the road?

COLIN POWELL: Now to the left of the screen, you can clearly see the satellite image of the chicken crossing the road.

HANS BLIX: We have reason to believe there is a chicken, but we have not yet been allowed to have access to the other side of the road.

MOHAMMED ALDOURI - Iraq Ambassador: The chicken did not cross the road. This is a complete fabrication. We do not even have a chicken.

RALPH NADER: The chicken's habitat on the other side of the road had been polluted by unchecked industrial greed. The chicken did not reach the unspoiled habitat on the other side of the road because it was crushed by the wheels of a gas-guzzling SUV.

PAT BUCHANAN: To steal the job of a decent, hard-working American.

RUSH LIMBAUGH: I don't know why the chicken crossed the road, but I'll bet it was getting a government grant to cross the road, and I'll bet that somebody out there is already forming a support group to help chickens with crossing-the-road syndrome. Can you believe this? How much more of this can real Americans take? Chickens crossing the road paid for by their tax dollars. And when I say tax dollars, I'm talking about your money, money the government took from you to build a road for chickens to cross.

MARTHA STEWART: No-one called me to warn me which way that chicken was going. I had a standing order at the Farmer's Market to sell my eggs when the price dropped to a certain level. No little bird gave me any insider information.

JERRY FALWELL: Because the chicken was gay - isn't it obvious? Can't you people see the plain truth in front of your face? The chicken was going to the 'other side'. That's what they call it - the other side. Yes, my friends, that chicken is gay. And if you eat that chicken, you will become gay too. I say we boycott all chickens until we sort out this abomination that the liberal media whitewashes with seemingly harmless phrases like "the other side".

DR SUESS: Did the chicken cross the road? Did he cross it with a toad? Yes, the chicken crossed the road, but why it crossed I've not been told.

ERNEST HEMINGWAY: To die in the rain. Alone.

MARTIN LUTHER KING, JR I envision a world where all chickens will be free to cross roads without having their motives called into question.

GRANDPA: In my day, we didn't ask why the chicken crossed the road. Somebody told us the chicken crossed the road, and that was good enough.

BARBARA WALTERS: Isn't that interesting? In a few moments, we will be listening to the chicken tell, for the first time, the heart-warming story of how it experienced a serious case of molting, and went on to accomplish its life long dream of crossing the road.

JOHN LENNON: Imagine all the chickens in the world crossing roads together - in peace.

ARISTOTLE: It is the nature of chickens to cross the road.

KARL MARX: It was an historic inevitability.

RONALD REAGAN: What chicken?

CAPTAIN KIRK: To boldly go where no chicken has ever gone before.

SIGMUND FREUD: The fact that you are at all concerned that the chicken crossed the road reveals your underlying sexual insecurity.

BILL GATES: I have just witnessed eChicken2003, which will not only cross roads, but also will lay eggs, file your important documents, and balance your checkbook. -And Internet Explorer is an integral part of eChicken.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Zarniwoop » Fri May 25, 2018 8:23 am

Mountaineer Buc wrote:Stole this from Reddit. It's probably 15 years old. Why not a little humor this Friday morning?

COLIN POWELL: Now to the left of the screen, you can clearly see the satellite image of the chicken crossing the road.

HANS BLIX: We have reason to believe there is a chicken, but we have not yet been allowed to have access to the other side of the road.

MOHAMMED ALDOURI - Iraq Ambassador: The chicken did not cross the road. This is a complete fabrication. We do not even have a chicken.

RALPH NADER: The chicken's habitat on the other side of the road had been polluted by unchecked industrial greed. The chicken did not reach the unspoiled habitat on the other side of the road because it was crushed by the wheels of a gas-guzzling SUV.

RUSH LIMBAUGH: I don't know why the chicken crossed the road, but I'll bet it was getting a government grant to cross the road, and I'll bet that somebody out there is already forming a support group to help chickens with crossing-the-road syndrome. Can you believe this? How much more of this can real Americans take? Chickens crossing the road paid for by their tax dollars. And when I say tax dollars, I'm talking about your money, money the government took from you to build a road for chickens to cross.

MARTHA STEWART: No-one called me to warn me which way that chicken was going. I had a standing order at the Farmer's Market to sell my eggs when the price dropped to a certain level. No little bird gave me any insider information.

JERRY FALWELL: Because the chicken was gay - isn't it obvious? Can't you people see the plain truth in front of your face? The chicken was going to the 'other side'. That's what they call it - the other side. Yes, my friends, that chicken is gay. And if you eat that chicken, you will become gay too. I say we boycott all chickens until we sort out this abomination that the liberal media whitewashes with seemingly harmless phrases like "the other side".

DR SUESS: Did the chicken cross the road? Did he cross it with a toad? Yes, the chicken crossed the road, but why it crossed I've not been told.

MARTIN LUTHER KING, JR I envision a world where all chickens will be free to cross roads without having their motives called into question.

GRANDPA: In my day, we didn't ask why the chicken crossed the road. Somebody told us the chicken crossed the road, and that was good enough.

BARBARA WALTERS: Isn't that interesting? In a few moments, we will be listening to the chicken tell, for the first time, the heart-warming story of how it experienced a serious case of molting, and went on to accomplish its life long dream of crossing the road.

JOHN LENNON: Imagine all the chickens in the world crossing roads together - in peace.

SIGMUND FREUD: The fact that you are at all concerned that the chicken crossed the road reveals your underlying sexual insecurity.

BILL GATES: I have just witnessed eChicken2003, which will not only cross roads, but also will lay eggs, file your important documents, and balance your checkbook. -And Internet Explorer is an integral part of eChicken.

Let's update this:

DONALD TRUMP: I made that chicken cross the road. I convinced him to walk to the slaughterhouse. I am creating loads of new jobs with my new choke the chicken campaign

BERNIE SANDERS: that chicken is running from the exploitation of the top 1% of chickens. That chicken needs free health care, free college, free cars, and a $25,000 yearly UBI Check

TED CRUZ: I'll pray for that chicken's safety

MAXINE WATERS: That chicken is a white chicken...why are we concerned about it? Only the plight of black chickens are important

SARAH SANDERS: That chicken called me frumpy. **** him.

HILLARY CLINTON: That chicken cost me the election
Zarniwoop

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Fri May 25, 2018 8:29 am

Zarniwoop wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:Stole this from Reddit. It's probably 15 years old. Why not a little humor this Friday morning?

Let's update this:

DONALD TRUMP: I made that chicken cross the road. I convinced him to walk to the slaughterhouse. I am creating loads of new jobs with my new choke the chicken campaign

BERNIE SANDERS: that chicken is running from the exploitation of the top 1% of chickens. That chicken needs free health care, free college, free cars, and a $25,000 yearly UBI Check

MAXINE WATERS: That chicken is a white chicken...why are we concerned about it? Only the plight of black chickens are important

LOL! Nice.

SEAN HANNITY: Tonight we'll explore how Democrats are paying chickens to cross the road in an effort to undermine the President.

RACHAEL MADDOW: And here we have a chicken crossing the road which on the surface seems innocent enough. But surprise! This chicken is in the care of a farmer in rural Alabama who has been using the profits from his poultry farm to fund Republican candidates who are systematically suppressing the black vote in that state. One wonders if this chicken is even aware of that fact.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby beardmcdoug » Fri May 25, 2018 8:39 am

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
Zarniwoop wrote:
Let's update this:

LOL! Nice.

SEAN HANNITY: Tonight we'll explore how Democrats are paying chickens to cross the road in an effort to undermine the President.

RACHAEL MADDOW: And here we have a chicken crossing the road which on the surface seems innocent enough. But surprise! This chicken is in the care of a farmer in rural Alabama who has been using the profits from his poultry farm to fund Republican candidates who are systematically suppressing the black vote in that state. One wonders if this chicken is even aware of that fact.

ALEX JONES: Clearly there's something in the water. Chickens. Crossing roads. ------------ C'mon. I'm telling you guys, and I've been saying this since day ONE on my show, there are evil, nefarious forces out there poisoning your food, poisoning your brain with their satanic propaganda...I'm talking about blood sucking demons. they're not from here. they don't care. this chicken doesn't even know its a chicken anymore its been so screwed up by the mainstream media. its a zombie chicken. and you know what? when it gets to the other side - guess what's gonna happen? Yeah.

MDB: Name another road that went to Iowa Wesleyan University and was out of the league in 3 years
beardmcdoug

Postby uscbucsfan » Fri May 25, 2018 8:42 am

All of those were great.
uscbucsfan

Postby bucfanclw » Fri May 25, 2018 8:43 am

Tucker Carlson: *blank stare*

Colin Kaepernick: *kneels*
bucfanclw

Postby Buc2 » Fri May 25, 2018 9:26 am

Joe Biden: I'd kiss the chicken.

Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Zarniwoop » Fri May 25, 2018 9:33 am

Of course BMD takes Alex Jones. Never change brother!!!!!!!

That was awesome
Zarniwoop

Postby NYBF » Fri May 25, 2018 11:05 am

beardmcdoug: Are you sure it's a chicken? How do you know? Maybe the government planted the alien chicken there. Just watch this video from youtube. Think about it.

Mountaineer: *hits vape pen* Which fictional character do you think the chicken has been most influenced by in his road crossing contemplations?
NYBF

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Fri May 25, 2018 11:08 am

bruh. That's deep.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Ken Carson » Fri May 25, 2018 11:12 am

NYBF: Really?
The Chicken wrote: I will never cross that road
Ken Carson

Postby Stuart » Fri May 25, 2018 11:32 am

Stormy Daniels- thats no chicken, it's a **** (rhymes with clock)
Last edited by Stuart on Fri May 25, 2018 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stuart

Postby Rocker » Fri May 25, 2018 11:32 am

NYBF wrote:beardmcdoug: Are you sure it's a chicken? How do you know? Maybe the government planted the alien chicken there. Just watch this video from youtube. Think about it.

Mountaineer: *hits vape pen* Which fictional character do you think the chicken has been most influenced by in his road crossing contemplations?

Well done.
Rocker

Postby The Outsider » Fri May 25, 2018 6:20 pm

Man, now I want fried chicken.
The Outsider

Postby PrimeMinister » Sat May 26, 2018 8:11 am

Best damn page in the entire thread.
PrimeMinister

Postby RedLeader » Thu May 31, 2018 9:15 pm

RedLeader

Postby uscbucsfan » Thu May 31, 2018 9:21 pm

RedLeader wrote:Image

How do they define something like that? It was on the news for weeks as the main story, especially when Trump went there.
uscbucsfan

Postby RedLeader » Thu May 31, 2018 9:22 pm

uscbucsfan wrote:
RedLeader wrote:Image

How do they define something like that? It was on the news for weeks as the main story, especially when Trump went there.

WTF? That 4600 number just came out yesterday...
RedLeader

Postby uscbucsfan » Thu May 31, 2018 9:23 pm

RedLeader wrote:
uscbucsfan wrote:How do they define something like that? It was on the news for weeks as the main story, especially when Trump went there.

That's how.

Everyone knew a ton of people died there and that was covered, but that graphic is about the specific number of 4600, gotcha.
uscbucsfan

Postby RedLeader » Thu May 31, 2018 9:32 pm

uscbucsfan wrote:
RedLeader wrote:

That's how.

Everyone knew a ton of people died there and that was covered, but that graphic is about the specific number of 4600, gotcha.

Ya.. more like:

“Hurricane Maria deaths in Puerto Rico were more than 4600, not official count of 64..”
RedLeader

PreviousNext

Return to Politics and Religion