Random Political News

A Place to respectfully discuss those topics that you should never discuss.
Re: Random Political News

Postby mdb1958 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:52 pm

Americans
mdb1958

Postby StillCSG » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:57 pm

mdb1958 wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:Spoken like the troll you are.

Serious question, which costs more a parade or Obamas fancy vacations and trips to hollywood.

Seeing as Trump has EXCEEDED the Obama's total for 8 years of travel in 1

Not a good point to bring up Sparky
StillCSG

Postby bucfanclw » Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:03 pm

mdb1958 wrote:Americans

Neither has any value to me. What value does either of those bring to you?
bucfanclw

Postby NYBF » Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:04 pm

mdb seems like the kind of person who would go stand out at the curb for a parade, any parade, just let's have some marching so I have something to look at.
NYBF

Postby Pirate Life » Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:09 pm

mdb1958 wrote:
Pirate Life wrote:
More than likely, the parade down Pennsylvania Ave. The parade for the inauguration is generally a multi-million dollar part of the inauguration (inauguration day generally costs $100 million plus), military parade will likely run a similar amount to that parade if not more. Security costs for events around Pennsylvania Ave tend to not be cheap. Toss in the idea that there will be weapons and military equipment rolling down the road as well... that's not likely to pay for itself.

Which of the aforementioned events has more value?

Honestly, will depend on who you ask. Regardless, parades down Pennsylvania Ave aren't cheap due to security costs involved (Besides the White House there's also Capital Hill, FBI HQ, Treasury Building, National Archives and Dept of Justice HQ on Pennsylvania Ave). Presidential trips are going to be rather cheap in general when compared to security costs for that.
Pirate Life

Postby Buc2 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:29 pm

StillCSG wrote:
mdb1958 wrote:

Serious question, which costs more a parade or Obamas fancy vacations and trips to hollywood.

LOL! Bullshit.

https://www.snopes.com/obama-trump-travel-costs/
http://www.politifact.com/punditfact/st ... s-taxpaye/
http://www.newsweek.com/obama-administr ... ump-723883

Bottom line, it's way too early to say how much Trump will spend on "vacation" travel compared to the Obama family. So you can stop with the theatrics.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby bucfanclw » Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:05 pm

Buc2 wrote:
StillCSG wrote:

LOL! Bullshit.

Bottom line, it's way too early to say how much Trump will spend on "vacation" travel compared to the Obama family. So you can stop with the theatrics.

It's true. Trump's first year is a mere 1/3 of Obama's 8 year total based on known estimates.
bucfanclw

Postby Brazen331 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:24 pm

bucfanclw wrote:
Buc2 wrote:LOL! Bullshit.

It's true. Trump's first year is a mere 1/3 of Obama's 8 year total based on known estimates.

I’ll bet Trump is golfing more than Obama, too.
Brazen331

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:57 pm

No need to quibble over details.

Everyone knows the man is a disgrace.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby deltbucs » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:54 pm

Brazen331 wrote:I thought the parade was a stupid idea until I saw how exorcised and flustered liberals are over it. So let’s have a parade; I love all the hysteria and whining. Tricky **** Durban was just complaining about it being a waste of money. Since when have Liberals given a damn about the government wasting money? It’s beyond transparent, if Obama wanted a parade, they would be down with it.

You're a clown.
deltbucs

Postby mdb1958 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:55 am

NYBF wrote:mdb seems like the kind of person who would go stand out at the curb for a parade, any parade, just let's have some marching so I have something to look at.

It may or may not get much tv time from me. My satisfaction would come from knowing it happened.
mdb1958

Postby bucfanclw » Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:34 am

mdb1958 wrote:
NYBF wrote:mdb seems like the kind of person who would go stand out at the curb for a parade, any parade, just let's have some marching so I have something to look at.

It may or may not get much tv time from me. My satisfaction would come from knowing it happened.

So we could just save the money and tell you it happened but the evil fake news press wouldn't cover it and you'd have the same intrinsic value.
bucfanclw

Postby Buc2 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:33 am

Mountaineer Buc wrote:No need to quibble over details.

:roll:
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby mdb1958 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:19 am

Mountaineer Buc wrote:No need to quibble over details.

Yep!

Pretty much all eight years...
mdb1958

Postby mdb1958 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:28 am

bucfanclw wrote:
mdb1958 wrote:

So we could just save the money and tell you it happened but the evil fake news press wouldn't cover it and you'd have the same intrinsic value.

So you lied when you said you didnt care, I'm not surprised. Its people like you that turned American freedom into think, say, act, however you like, as long as its F'ed up, into some twisted enjoyment.
mdb1958

Postby bucfanclw » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:34 am

mdb1958 wrote:
bucfanclw wrote:So we could just save the money and tell you it happened but the evil fake news press wouldn't cover it and you'd have the same intrinsic value.

So you lied when you said you didnt care, I'm not surprised. Its people like you that turned American freedom into think, say, act, however you like, as long as its F'ed up, into some twisted enjoyment.

Where did I say I didn't care? I just said neither Donald's parade nor Barack's vacation provide any value to me.
bucfanclw

Postby mdb1958 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:33 am

bucfanclw wrote:
mdb1958 wrote:

Where did I say I didn't care? I just said neither Donald's parade nor Barack's vacation provide any value to me.

Usually when people have no interest in something they quit talking about it. Like I'm fixin to do, I'll have a few run ins with ya, then I just dont figure its worth my time after that.
mdb1958

Postby Buc2 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:07 pm

So the Obama's portraits were unveiled at the Smithsonian National Portrait Gallery today.

Barack's looks good and it actually looks like Barack.

Michelle's looks good too. However, I am a bit curious who the portraitist actually painted though.

Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby uscbucsfan » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:33 pm

Randomness, but we commissioned an artist to paint an obscure/comedic family picture of our immediate family (wife, son, pet). In the first painting the artist was dead on with my wife and son, but mine was off in each rendition. Maybe I'm just too ugly to capture, but it never quite looks right with my face. The first guy we hired said some people just don't translate as well to paintings. I mention this as we are doing this every 5 years and we are in the planning, recruiting phase right for our next portrait and this correlates to the artist being dead on with Obama, but not Michelle.

You wouldn't believe how many artist want no part in being paid money to portray a wife and husband riding their doberman in ridiculous costumes while their 5 year old son shoots down dinosaurs with a minigun, shirtless.
uscbucsfan

Postby beardmcdoug » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:35 pm

I really like Barack as a person. I think Barack's is very well done. I just don't like the overwhelming cutesy floral background, nor his posture. Something seems diminutive about the pose and I wish he was presented with more upstanding command with a dash of that knowing charisma - his face should show that - it was always a classic look of his - not have the flowers try to play that role, offsetting a serious tone in his face; it's backward to me. Michelle's face seems off, the rest is well done, IMO, but doesn't speak to me - I don't think I'm the audience though, so I don't care. Oh well, everybody has their own opinion, that's just mine
beardmcdoug

Postby bucfanclw » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:39 pm

uscbucsfan wrote:You wouldn't believe how many artist want no part in being paid money to portray a wife and husband riding their doberman in ridiculous costumes while their 5 year old son shoots down dinosaurs with a minigun, shirtless.

As long as it's you and your wife wearing the costumes and not the doberman, it seems like a reasonable request.
bucfanclw

Postby uscbucsfan » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:40 pm

bucfanclw wrote:
uscbucsfan wrote:You wouldn't believe how many artist want no part in being paid money to portray a wife and husband riding their doberman in ridiculous costumes while their 5 year old son shoots down dinosaurs with a minigun, shirtless.

As long as it's you and your wife wearing the costumes and not the doberman, it seems like a reasonable request.

If it's the other way around, I know of a site.
uscbucsfan

Postby Buc2 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:42 pm

beardmcdoug wrote:I really like Barack as a person. I think Barack's is very well done. I just don't like the overwhelming cutesy floral background, nor his posture. Something seems diminutive about the pose and I wish he was presented with more upstanding command with a dash of that knowing charisma - his face should show that - it was always a classic look of his - not have the flowers try to play that role, offsetting a serious tone in his face; it's backward to me. Michelle's face seems off, the rest is well done, IMO, but doesn't speak to me - I don't think I'm the audience though, so I don't care. Oh well, everybody has their own opinion, that's just mine

Check out the NYT's piece on these paintings. It offers some actual critique of the portraits that you may or may not agree with, plus it gives a little background on the two portraitists. There are also links to more about the artists that did the portraits.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/12/arts ... trait.html
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby bucfanclw » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:44 pm

uscbucsfan wrote:
bucfanclw wrote:As long as it's you and your wife wearing the costumes and not the doberman, it seems like a reasonable request.

If it's the other way around, I know of a site.

The doberman deserves better.
bucfanclw

Postby mdb1958 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:17 pm

beardmcdoug wrote:I really like Barack as a person. I think Barack's is very well done. I just don't like the overwhelming cutesy floral background, nor his posture. Something seems diminutive about the pose and I wish he was presented with more upstanding command with a dash of that knowing charisma - his face should show that - it was always a classic look of his - not have the flowers try to play that role, offsetting a serious tone in his face; it's backward to me. Michelle's face seems off, the rest is well done, IMO, but doesn't speak to me - I don't think I'm the audience though, so I don't care. Oh well, everybody has their own opinion, that's just mine

Its a good picture, you never could see the puppet strings as they were attached directly to the cerebrum.
mdb1958

Postby beardmcdoug » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:24 pm

mdb1958 wrote:

Its a good picture, you never could see the puppet strings as they were attached directly to the cerebrum.

heh, not bad
beardmcdoug

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:04 pm

mdb1958 wrote:

Who controls the strings?
Mountaineer Buc

Postby beardmcdoug » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:06 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
mdb1958 wrote:

Who controls the strings?

beardmcdoug

Postby mdb1958 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:44 pm

mdb1958

Postby beardmcdoug » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:46 pm

lol mbd, let me assure you, it isn't capricia marshall
beardmcdoug

PreviousNext

Return to Politics and Religion