Random Political News

A Place to respectfully discuss those topics that you should never discuss.
Re: Random Political News

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:03 pm

Oh, and I just want to state for the record that I do believe that Roy Moore will win tonight but reserve the right to be pleasantly surprised.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby DreadNaught » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:25 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:Oh, and I just want to state for the record that I do believe that Roy Moore will win tonight but reserve the right to be pleasantly surprised.

This was my exact feeling on Nov. 8th, 2016. :D Luckily I was pleasantly surprised.

I don't think Roy Moore will win. But if he does the outrage/reaction will be entertaining.
DreadNaught

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:28 pm

DreadNaught wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:Oh, and I just want to state for the record that I do believe that Roy Moore will win tonight but reserve the right to be pleasantly surprised.

This was my exact feeling on Nov. 8th, 2016. :D Luckily I was pleasantly surprised.

I don't think Roy Moore will win. But if he does the outrage/reaction will be entertaining.

fox News has Doug Jones up 10 points, but every other poll aside from an old Washington Post poll has Moore ahead around 5 points.

Either Fox news has awesome polling (hello 2016) or they are trying to scare Alabama Republicans to go to the polls today to fight off the liberal wave of...whatever.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2017/senate/al/alabama_senate_special_election_moore_vs_jones-6271.html
Mountaineer Buc

Postby DreadNaught » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:43 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:

fox News has Doug Jones up 10 points, but every other poll aside from an old Washington Post poll has Moore ahead around 5 points.

Either Fox news has awesome polling (hello 2016) or they are trying to scare Alabama Republicans to go to the polls today to fight off the liberal wave of...whatever.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2017/senate/al/alabama_senate_special_election_moore_vs_jones-6271.html

Polls are fake news these days. I don't believe any of them after last year. They either over-sample a specific demographic to help foster a predetermined result, or people being polled are being deliberately deceitful in their responses.

I just think with this #MeToo campaign and all the efforts on social media and news media that enough voters will show up to vote against Moore in addition to those that would normally vote 'R' will sit this one out.

We'll see, I'd rather not see a Democrat weasel their way into that seat since either Luther Strange or Roy Moore (pre-allegations) would've smoked whoever the Dem candidate is in a deep red state like Alabama. But I'm not excited about Roy Moore winning and the hearing the insufferable whining from the SJWs out there.
DreadNaught

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:49 pm

Elect democrats and independents and there will be much less whining about equality and student loans and healthcare.

Of that I am sure. The rapey stuff is bipartisan...or at least it should be.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:52 pm

Watching Fox for the election returns...Steve Bannon is a douche. Wow.

Fox prepping it's audience for a loss. They must believe their polls.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby deltbucs » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:28 pm

DreadNaught wrote:I don't think Roy Moore will win. But if he does the outrage/reaction will be entertaining.

DreadNaught wrote:But I'm not excited about Roy Moore winning and the hearing the insufferable whining from the SJWs out there.

When you want the pedophile to win but you don't, but you do....?
deltbucs

Postby deltbucs » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:34 pm

You can actually see his brain hurting him. LOL!!
deltbucs

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:13 pm

LOL!!

Oh that's funny!
Mountaineer Buc

Postby StillCSG » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:28 pm

AP has called it for....

JONES
StillCSG

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:33 pm

StillCSG wrote:AP has called it for....

JONES

Woah.

49.6 to 48.9

No way that goes uncontested.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby NYBF » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:35 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:

JONES

Woah.

49.6 to 48.9

Guess it's a shame they got that last minute court ruling allowing them to destroy the ballots.
NYBF

Postby StillCSG » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:48 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:

JONES

Woah.

49.6 to 48.9

Under Alabama law....no recount if it holds over .5% difference
StillCSG

Postby StillCSG » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:51 pm

Sorry that was for automatic recount....he can challenge
StillCSG

Postby sanka » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:58 pm

Alabama rejects the pedo and sexual predator in the white house.

:lol: :lol:

Alabama hardly votes the new Republican aka Democrats.
sex is a sensation, caused by temptation,a guy sticks his location in a girls destination to increase the population for the next generation. Do you get my explanation or do you need a demonstration?
sanka

Postby Babeinbucland » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:16 pm

Roy Moore now goes back to spending more time with his wife and other people’s daughters
Babeinbucland

Postby sanka » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:23 pm

Charles Barkley is just too real. He spoke from his heart and didn't say a thing about Trump.
sex is a sensation, caused by temptation,a guy sticks his location in a girls destination to increase the population for the next generation. Do you get my explanation or do you need a demonstration?
sanka

Postby PrimeMinister » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:45 pm

deltbucs wrote:

Omg that’s hilarious. Rarely do you see someone that dumbfounded on national news.
PrimeMinister

Postby StillCSG » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:17 am

PrimeMinister wrote:
deltbucs wrote:

Omg that’s hilarious. Rarely do you see someone that dumbfounded on national news.

Have you been asleep for the WH press briefings this year?

it's damn near a daily occurance
StillCSG

Postby Alpha » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:38 am

I suppose it's lost on NOBODY that a Democrat has won in Alabama since 19...whatthefuckever?
Alpha

Postby DreadNaught » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:12 am

Alpha wrote:I suppose it's lost on NOBODY that a Democrat has won in Alabama since 19...whatthefuckever?

Even that Democrat switched parties a few later before his next election and is actually still the current senior serving Senator from Alabama.

Kudos to the Dems for playing this one well.
DreadNaught

Postby bucfanclw » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:57 am

I'm honestly shocked that Jones won. The guy that prosecuted KKK members for killing a kid managed to squeak through a victory over the twice-removed pedophile judge who lamented over how much better America would be if we just got rid of every amendment past 10. I really didn't think it would happen.
bucfanclw

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:14 am

I don't know if I'm happy Alabama had enough sense to choose the better man or concerned that they just barely had enough sense to choose the better man.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby uscbucsfan » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:50 am

Mountaineer Buc wrote:I don't know if I'm happy Alabama had enough sense to choose the better man or concerned that they just barely had enough sense to choose the better man.

You don't understand why it was so close? Do you think Corsair or Babe would vote for a pedophile dem or a republican? I bet they would either not vote or for the democrat. I don't know how it's that far fetched that people would vote for Moore who will push the political agenda/ideology that they subscribe to and not lose a valuable seat to the opposition.

People justify this in different ways; some say he didn't do it and other ignore it, but at the end of the day I think many are too chickenshit to be like, "He may be a pedophile, but it's better than having a democrat represent us". It's like the left is ignoring that 90% of our elected officials are crooks, liars, thieves, pervs, and the like.
uscbucsfan

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:54 am

uscbucsfan wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:I don't know if I'm happy Alabama had enough sense to choose the better man or concerned that they just barely had enough sense to choose the better man.

You don't understand why it was so close? Do you think Corsair or Babe would vote for a pedophile dem or a republican? I bet they would either not vote or for the democrat. I don't know how it's that far fetched that people would vote for Moore who will push the political agenda/ideology that they subscribe to and not lose a valuable seat to the opposition.

People justify this in different ways; some say he didn't do it and other ignore it, but at the end of the day I think many are too chickenshit to be like, "He may be a pedophile, but it's better than having a democrat represent us". It's like the left is ignoring that 90% of our elected officials are crooks, liars, thieves, pervs, and the like.

Oh I understand it, I'm just not so sure how I feel about it.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby uscbucsfan » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:57 am

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
uscbucsfan wrote:

Oh I understand it, I'm just not so sure how I feel about it.

It's Politics. I don't like how Dems protect Willy either, but both sides are fucked up on the micro level.

On the macro level, I understand we are electing voices to represent the ideologies and political philosophies that are important to us. Being a pedophile or rapist doesn't hinder them from doing that. Having a different political agenda or not subscribing to the base's politics will prevent you from doing that.
uscbucsfan

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:02 am

uscbucsfan wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:Oh I understand it, I'm just not so sure how I feel about it.

It's Politics. I don't like how Dems protect Willy either, but both sides are fucked up.

Well, let's not pretend that Jones is some Sanders-style Uber-liberal. He's a southern Democrat, which means he's at most a social moderate.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby uscbucsfan » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:03 am

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
uscbucsfan wrote:
It's Politics. I don't like how Dems protect Willy either, but both sides are fucked up.

Well, let's not pretend that Jones is some Sanders-style Uber-liberal. He's a southern Democrat, which means he's at most a social moderate.

He's still likely going to vote along party lines on issues like Tax reform, healthcare, etc.
uscbucsfan

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:11 am

uscbucsfan wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:Well, let's not pretend that Jones is some Sanders-style Uber-liberal. He's a southern Democrat, which means he's at most a social moderate.

He's still likely going to vote along party lines on issues like Tax reform, healthcare, etc.

I certainly hope so.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Ken Carson » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:32 am

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
uscbucsfan wrote:

I certainly hope so.

Hahaha. Headshot.
Ken Carson

PreviousNext

Return to Politics and Religion