Random Political News

A Place to respectfully discuss those topics that you should never discuss.
Re: Random Political News

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:13 pm

uscbucsfan wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:https://twitter.com/SenSanders/status/948951780871819264

Posting this because I want to see Brazen, Buc2, usc, Red Leader, mdb, and Zarni say "I agree with Bernie Sanders on this".

I agree with Bernie Sanders on this and when he said to Hillary in their first debate, "You can't just kick in the door to Washington and get everything changed. Especially with a Republican controlled Congress, most of what you are promising is fantasy" (or close to that).

Mountaineer Buc

Postby The Outsider » Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:12 pm

So is no one talking about Fire and Fury by Michael Wolff? First off, if they really gave that guy unfettered, unsupervised access to the West Wing as has been said, holy **** they're more incompetent than I could have possibly imagined.

Second, as soon as it came out that 45 is trying a cease and desist motion against Wolff and his publisher I pre-ordered that ****.

The Outsider

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:35 pm

I read a lengthy piece yesterday based on the book and felt it wouldn't get any traction here.

tl;dr Trump never wanted to be President and the west wing is a hot mess.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Zarniwoop » Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:37 pm

I wouldn’t be surprised if that were the case. I think the only thing that would drive him would be his ego
Zarniwoop

Postby The Outsider » Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:38 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:I read a lengthy piece yesterday based on the book and felt it wouldn't get any traction here.

The fact that this guy was able to even write the book proves the second point.

I mean, at this point it isn't even about politics. We have literal, and to quote Secretary Tillerson, ****ing idiots running the executive branch. Like holy ****, even if you have the cleanest, best performing administration in the history of mankind you still don't give a ****ing reporter free reign. And you definitely make sure he isn't secretly record things. That's like basic level ****.
The Outsider

Postby The Outsider » Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:40 pm

Zarniwoop wrote:I wouldn’t be surprised if that were the case. I think the only thing that would drive him would be his ego

The excerpt pretty much said that. At first when he won he looked like he'd seen a ghost but within an hour he pretty much convinced himself that he deserved to be and was competent enough to be POTUS.
The Outsider

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:23 pm

I want Alec Baldwin to record the Fire and Fury audiobook so long as he does it with characterization.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Brazen331 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:14 am

bucfanclw wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:https://twitter.com/SenSanders/status/948951780871819264

Posting this because I want to see Brazen, Buc2, usc, Red Leader, mdb, and Zarni say "I agree with Bernie Sanders on this".

The only 2 on this list I would be surprised to see say that would be Red Leader and Brazen.

Wrong again, pajama boy. I’m typing this while dabbing on some Blue Dream live resin shatter. I agree with Bernie on this.
Brazen331

Postby mdb1958 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:42 am

Even if it was taxed legal, the black market would run rampant. Law enforcement would concentrate on other activities while it grows into a turf war nightmare.

People getting murdered to see who can sell the most ten dollar bags.
mdb1958

Postby mdb1958 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:45 am

Ask Bootz, the spinner boys have clean hands because they get the Jits to do the work for them.
mdb1958

Postby bucfanclw » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:45 am

Brazen331 wrote:
bucfanclw wrote:The only 2 on this list I would be surprised to see say that would be Red Leader and Brazen.

Wrong again, pajama boy. I’m typing this while dabbing on some Blue Dream live resin shatter. I agree with Bernie on this.

I only said I would be surprised, and I am. I don't really partake so I'm not sure if Blue Dream is supposed to impress me.
bucfanclw

Postby bucfanclw » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:04 am

....Actually, throughout my life, my two greatest assets have been mental stability and being, like, really smart.

Keep tweeting, buddy.
bucfanclw

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:12 am

Watched Mississippi Burning this morning.

Alt right is parroting a lot of the sentiments I saw in that movie. The characters were talking about segregation, but if you switch the topic to immigration or BLM, the arguments are eerily similar.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby NYBF » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:47 am

mdb1958 wrote:Even if it was taxed legal, the black market would run rampant. Law enforcement would concentrate on other activities while it grows into a turf war nightmare.

Surely you've got some evidence of this happening in the states where it's already legal?
NYBF

Postby The Outsider » Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:19 pm

NYBF wrote:
mdb1958 wrote:Even if it was taxed legal, the black market would run rampant. Law enforcement would concentrate on other activities while it grows into a turf war nightmare.

Surely you've got some evidence of this happening in the states where it's already legal?

He's a moron.
The Outsider

Postby DreadNaught » Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:32 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:I read a lengthy piece yesterday based on the book and felt it wouldn't get any traction here.

Never wanted to be President yet colluded with Russia to do exactly that?
DreadNaught

Postby Zarniwoop » Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:34 pm

DreadNaught wrote:

Well, that might set back one of the theories a little bit
Zarniwoop

Postby Brazen331 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:49 pm

mdb1958 wrote:Ask Bootz, the spinner boys have clean hands because they get the Jits to do the work for them.

Bootz, can you clear this up?
Brazen331

Postby deltbucs » Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:39 pm

DreadNaught wrote:

So he could get some **** to talk about people when they are mean to him. You do realize that's basically all he does, right? Someone says something bad about him and he throws a hissy fit making up a bunch of lies about said person.
deltbucs

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:03 am

If you gotta tell people you're a genius...you ain't a genius. Stable or otherwise.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:29 am

Mountaineer Buc

Postby Buc2 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:31 am

Trump rocks!
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Zarniwoop » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:32 am

No, you’re thinking of Cleveland
Zarniwoop

Postby Buc2 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:34 am

:lol:
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Buc2 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:20 pm

It seems the push to require tech companies to allow access to encrypted devices did not go away with the end of the Obama administration. The newly installed FBI director has picked up this ball as well. I think law enforcement should be allowed access to encrypted devices provided they have a warrant. Otherwise, too bad. I'm not sure how it would work, though. It seems to me that if tech companies are forced to design systems that law enforcement can hack into, then there would be nothing to stop them from hacking into devices even if they don't have a warrant. Is this another slippery slope?

FBI chief: Encryption is 'urgent public safety issue'

FBI Director Christopher Wray stated Tuesday that the inability of law enforcement agencies to surpass the strong encryptions on electronic devices poses an “urgent public safety issue.”

Wray said that during the last fiscal year, the FBI failed to break through the powerful protective coding of 7,775 devices, even though they had advanced tools at their disposal and the legal right to access the contents, Reuters reported.

He said the inability to access cellphone data that is "going dark" would impact FBI investigations across the board including counterterrorism, counterintelligence, human trafficking and organized crime.

Much of Wray's speech at the International Conference on Cyber Security in New York was posted on the FBI's Twitter account.
Wray, who took over as the head of the FBI in August, emphasized that the bureau's inability to overcome the obstacle of encryption is a "public safety issue."

FBI

@FBI
#FBI Dir. Wray: Being unable to access those devices is a major public safety issue & impacts our investigations across the board – #humantrafficking, #counterterrorism, counterintelligence, gangs, organized crime, child exploitation & #cyber. #GoingDark #ICCS2018

9:53 AM - Jan 9, 2018

The FBI has long argued that law enforcement should have the ability to pry open cellphones as a way of protecting domestic security.

Attorney General Jeff Sessions and Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein have repeatedly called for tech companies to design encryption systems that still allow law enforcement access, an argument also made during the Obama administration.

This has been resisted by tech companies and privacy advocates.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:37 pm

Tillerson and Mattis are reportedly trying to hold Trump back from striking North Korea

Alex Lockie

20h

President Donald Trump's secretaries of state and defense are trying to persuade him not to strike North Korea, while his national security adviser is pushing for a "bloody nose" attack, according to recent reports in The Telegraph and The Wall Street Journal.

Rex Tillerson, the secretary of state, has reportedly been key in pushing for peace, but he may be on his way out.

A US strike would mean it implicitly trusts that North Korea's leader, Kim Jong Un, wouldn't escalate it into an all-out war that could kill millions.

This had better be some wag the dog ****.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Zarniwoop » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:49 pm

Just like the polls on this board have always shown....very few people support attacking North Korea militarily.

I really don't see it happening.
Zarniwoop

Postby Zarniwoop » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:49 pm

Third major case I read now with Gorsuch involved

I really really like this guy

https://reason.com/blog/2018/01/10/supr ... ni#comment
Zarniwoop

Postby Kress » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:38 pm

Zarniwoop wrote:Just like the polls on this board have always shown....very few people support attacking North Korea militarily.

I really don't see it happening.

I totally do. South Korea probably does not. North Korea needs to go away. But within a few hours of any conflict, Seoul would be a mess.
Kress

Postby uscbucsfan » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:01 am

I see a lot of hysteria regarding the potential medicaid changes. The gist of the changes are that Fed is offering a path for states that want to seek work requirements on Medicaid recipients. I think this is a great step and it's not simply an attack on the poor. It very clearly outlines that this would not affect those who cannot work, the elderly, children, or students. It targets those who are unemployed or working part time jobs while collecting Medicaid and will allow the states make a determination based on open jobs and other factors. This makes up a very small percentage of individuals collecting Medicaid.

Figured we would have already had a, "We need to be working toward single payer healthcare, not making it more difficult for the poor to get healthcare" here, but I'll start the conversation.
uscbucsfan

PreviousNext

Return to Politics and Religion