Random Political News

A Place to respectfully discuss those topics that you should never discuss.
Re: Random Political News

Postby Zarniwoop » Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:54 pm

HamBone wrote:More laws....that's exactly what we need. SMDH.

Look at that chart...over 1,000 new laws and that’s just in their first year

Ridiculous
Zarniwoop

Postby RedLeader » Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:16 pm

deltbucs wrote:
RedLeader wrote:Image

“I would rarely leave the White House because there’s so much work to be done"

LOL! You guys got so conned

Haha... “You guys”

You still dont my know how we got here, do you?
RedLeader

Postby Buc2 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:47 pm

How many of Trumps 96 were rescinding previous laws signed by prior presidents? At any rate, my company is doing better financially than at any time over the previous 8 years which means I'm also doing better. Other than his tweeter bs, I'm not complaining about the job he's done 1 year in. It seems as if he's held his own as far as working on some things he campaigned on. So, again, other than his stupid tweets, I'm good with the job he's done to this point. There's still a long way to go, so my final judgment is far from ready. I was okay with Obama at first too. But, by the end of his first term, I'd seen enough.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:41 pm

Buc2 wrote:How many of Trumps 96 were rescinding previous laws signed by prior presidents? At any rate, my company is doing better financially than at any time over the previous 8 years which means I'm also doing better. Other than his tweeter bs, I'm not complaining about the job he's done 1 year in. It seems as if he's held his own as far as working on some things he campaigned on. So, again, other than his stupid tweets, I'm good with the job he's done to this point. There's still a long way to go, so my final judgment is far from ready. I was okay with Obama at first too. But, by the end of his first term, I'd seen enough.

Do you credit President Trump's action for your company's success?
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Buc2 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:56 pm

Right or wrong, when a team wins, the QB generally gets the credit. If the people are feeling good, his stock will rise. Like it or not. Does that answer the question?
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby bucfanclw » Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:14 pm

Buc2 wrote:Right or wrong, when a team wins, the QB generally gets the credit. If the people are feeling good, his stock will rise. Like it or not. Does that answer the question?

So now the President is the "QB" of your company? What industry are you in?
bucfanclw

Postby Buc2 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:19 pm

bucfanclw wrote:
Buc2 wrote:Right or wrong, when a team wins, the QB generally gets the credit. If the people are feeling good, his stock will rise. Like it or not. Does that answer the question?

So now the President is the "QB" of your company? What industry are you in?

Jesus, dude. Give it ****ing rest. I like what we got. You don’t. You liked what we had. I didn’t. So where does that leave us? Same place we were yesterday. Same place we’ll be tomorrow.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby bucfanclw » Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:27 pm

Buc2 wrote:
bucfanclw wrote:So now the President is the "QB" of your company? What industry are you in?

Jesus, dude. Give it ****ing rest. I like what we got. You don’t. You liked what we had. I didn’t. So where does that leave us? Same place we were yesterday. Same place we’ll be tomorrow.

So what industry are you in that's benefitting so much from Trump?
bucfanclw

Postby Buc2 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:40 pm

bucfanclw wrote:
Buc2 wrote:Jesus, dude. Give it ****ing rest. I like what we got. You don’t. You liked what we had. I didn’t. So where does that leave us? Same place we were yesterday. Same place we’ll be tomorrow.

So what industry are you in that's benefitting so much from Trump?

Sex toys.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby bucfanclw » Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:44 pm

Buc2 wrote:
bucfanclw wrote:So what industry are you in that's benefitting so much from Trump?

Sex toys.

Good industry for this administration. I can see why you'd consider Trump your QB.
bucfanclw

Postby Buc2 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:52 pm

bucfanclw wrote:
Buc2 wrote:Sex toys.

Good industry for this administration. I can see why you'd consider Trump your QB.

Indubitably.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:59 pm

I always thought that it was the gubmint holding bidness back, not the other way around.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby bucfanclw » Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:19 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:I always thought that it was the gubmint holding bidness back, not the other way around.

Not when there's a Republican in office. You see, the markets rally around a Republican President, but any success while a Democrat is in office is either in spite of the gubmint, or outright fake news.
bucfanclw

Postby Buc2 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:14 pm

Nuh uh! I gave Clinton credit.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Wharf Rat » Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:16 pm

Wharf Rat

Postby Buc2 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:25 am

Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:30 am

Wharf Rat wrote:Image

This one made me laugh. Several times during the campaign I was like "Somebody give that man a comb!"
Mountaineer Buc

Postby bucfanclw » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:45 am

Trump tweeted out accusations on Huma Abedin and called his own Justice Department "Deep State". I'm guessing someone else from his administration is about to be indicted.
bucfanclw

Postby Ken Carson » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:28 pm

bucfanclw wrote:Trump tweeted out accusations on Huma Abedin and called his own Justice Department "Deep State". I'm guessing someone else from his administration is about to be indicted.

Or it a Tuesday. Dude is a total loon.
Ken Carson

Postby bucfanclw » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:47 pm

Ken Carson wrote:
bucfanclw wrote:Trump tweeted out accusations on Huma Abedin and called his own Justice Department "Deep State". I'm guessing someone else from his administration is about to be indicted.

Or it a Tuesday. Dude is a total loon.

Yeah, but he tends to get super accusatory around the time some other big news drops about the investigation. You can just about set your watch to it. He's become so predictable it's just considered the new "normal".
bucfanclw

Postby Zarniwoop » Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:54 pm

Trump admin cut 19,000+ federal government jobs in first 9 months. First President since Clinton to reduce govt jobs in first year.

We still have 1.9 million people on the federal payroll

It is estimated that over 400,000 of those workers make over $100,000 a year....and that doesn’t include benefits such as pensions
Zarniwoop

Postby RedLeader » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:12 pm

Zarniwoop wrote:Trump admin cut 19,000+ federal government jobs in first 9 months. First President since Clinton to reduce govt jobs in first year.

We still have 1.9 million people on the federal payroll

It is estimated that over 400,000 of those workers make over $100,000 a year....and that doesn’t include benefits such as pensions

Yep.. That's good stuff.. By comparison, I believe Obama ADDED something like 60,000+ federal jobs..

during his first 6 months in office....
RedLeader

Postby mdb1958 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:49 am

Remember the Czars?

How many does Trump have? That's one of ya'lls words aint it Clewy?
mdb1958

Postby bucfanclw » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:11 am

While I don't agree with cutting jobs just for the sake of cutting jobs due to the possible drop in productivity per employee, if these were cuts to wasteful positions then I applaud the move. There's just not enough info provided to really understand the impact.
bucfanclw

Postby beardmcdoug » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:42 am

bucfanclw wrote:While I don't agree with cutting jobs just for the sake of cutting jobs due to the possible drop in productivity per employee, if these were cuts to wasteful positions then I applaud the move. There's just not enough info provided to really understand the impact.

nonono don't you dare bring that nuance to the table
cutting government jobs = good
adding government jobs = bad

it's a joke... but the sad reality is that "enough info to really understand the impact" probably won't reach us in time before the next wave of news hits, and the next, and the next - so all we can really expect out of the public is that sort of black and white opinion about these sort of things and people will move on to the next thing with a half baked understanding of what actually just happened. of course though, they'll be sure to pop on twitter, regurgitate some paid pundit's talking point, then move on
beardmcdoug

Postby Zarniwoop » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:01 pm

You are correct BMD that we don’t know the list of every one of the 19,000 jobs that were cut. We never will.

There isn’t a single multinational company that doesn’t cut jobs and their payrolls are a whole lot less than 1.9 million employees. Hopefully this news is a sign that the government is rationalizing its job base just like every other company in the world does. Think about that number again...1.9 million federal jobs!! Everyone knows there is a ton of waste there. And just like in private business you make cuts till it hurts. If you cut a necessary job it will come back. We need political leaders that attack costs just like business leaders do. This is a sign that maybe that is starting to happen.

I’ve listed on here many times where I think the biggest cuts could come from and given my reasoning for them.

Now the real fight is actually in government jobs at the local level. The increase in those jobs and costs has been nothing short of insane over the last 30 years. Luckily I’ve chosen to live in an area that isn’t as outrageous as most
Zarniwoop

Postby beardmcdoug » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:07 pm

Zarniwoop wrote:You are correct BMD that we don’t know the list of every one of the 19,000 jobs that were cut. We never will.

There isn’t a single multinational company that doesn’t cut jobs and their payrolls are a whole lot less than 1.9 million employees. Hopefully this news is a sign that the government is rationalizing its job base just like every other company in the world does. Think about that number again...1.9 million federal jobs!! Everyone knows there is a ton of waste there. And just like in private business you make cuts till it hurts. If you cut a necessary job it will come back. We need political leaders that attack costs just like business leaders do. This is a sign that maybe that is starting to happen.

I’ve listed on here many times where I think the biggest cuts could come from and given my reasoning for them.

Now the real fight is actually in government jobs at the local level. The increase in those jobs and costs has been nothing short of insane over the last 30 years. Luckily I’ve chosen to live in an area that isn’t as outrageous as most

lol GIVE ME THAT LIST OF 19,000 I WANT TO READ IT NOW

edit: no, yeah, 1.9 million is quite a figure... especially given that that's just federal
beardmcdoug

Postby bucfanclw » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:14 pm

Zarniwoop wrote:There isn’t a single multinational company that doesn’t cut jobs and their payrolls are a whole lot less than 1.9 million employees. Hopefully this news is a sign that the government is rationalizing its job base just like every other company in the world does. Think about that number again...1.9 million federal jobs!! Everyone knows there is a ton of waste there. And just like in private business you make cuts till it hurts. If you cut a necessary job it will come back. We need political leaders that attack costs just like business leaders do. This is a sign that maybe that is starting to happen.

This is purely rhetorical because I know you won't answer me, but doesn't this exact line of thinking explain why trickle down economics won't actually create jobs? If the jobs aren't necessary based on demand, I don't understand why a company would create a wasteful position simply because it got a no-strings-attached tax cut.
bucfanclw

Postby uscbucsfan » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:35 pm

bucfanclw wrote:
Zarniwoop wrote:There isn’t a single multinational company that doesn’t cut jobs and their payrolls are a whole lot less than 1.9 million employees. Hopefully this news is a sign that the government is rationalizing its job base just like every other company in the world does. Think about that number again...1.9 million federal jobs!! Everyone knows there is a ton of waste there. And just like in private business you make cuts till it hurts. If you cut a necessary job it will come back. We need political leaders that attack costs just like business leaders do. This is a sign that maybe that is starting to happen.

This is purely rhetorical because I know you won't answer me, but doesn't this exact line of thinking explain why trickle down economics won't actually create jobs? If the jobs aren't necessary based on demand, I don't understand why a company would create a wasteful position simply because it got a no-strings-attached tax cut.

1. Liberals talk more about trickle down economics more than anyone. You bring it up more than anyone on this board. If it's so important to you, why not answer these types of questions? Even in the tax thread, many conservatives were simply saying the rich/companies receive tax cuts because it's their money. Many don't believe in massive wealth redistribution.

2. Since you love the concept so much, you should know that trickle down economics/theory is not just to give money to the poor/create jobs, but it's based on the idea that reducing taxes on business/wealthy will boost/benefit the economy long term. This isn't just in job creation, which is an imperfect indicator of economic success, it's paying higher wages, bonuses, expanding business, which leads to an increase in sales/consumerism.
uscbucsfan

Postby Zarniwoop » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:41 pm

uscbucsfan wrote:
1. Liberals talk more about trickle down economics more than anyone. You bring it up more than anyone on this board. If it's so important to you, why not answer these types of questions? Even in the tax thread, many conservatives were simply saying the rich/companies receive tax cuts because it's their money. Many don't believe in massive wealth redistribution.

2. Since you love the concept so much, you should know that trickle down economics/theory is not just to give money to the poor/create jobs, but it's based on the idea that reducing taxes on business/wealthy will boost/benefit the economy long term. This isn't just in job creation, which is an imperfect indicator of economic success, it's paying higher wages, bonuses, expanding business, which leads to an increase in sales/consumerism.

I for one have never used the term trickle down economics or supply side economics

Indeed, I am 100% against both.

I’m on my phone so I can’t bother searching but the last time the board had a real discussion of the drivers of employment MB and I were the loudest ones saying that demand and demand alone creates employment. Companies don’t hire because they have extra money...they hire because they have extra work

As far as the tax side goes, I would never support a tax cut for only the wealthy.

—-

Here’s one

Zarniwoop wrote:How can you read that and talk about supply side taxes at all...the entire post is about taxes on consumers and trying to keep them as low as possible. The only thing I say about supply is. 1.). It doesn't drive the economy. 2.). Supply side tax policy should never take money away from consumers

And another

Zarniwoop wrote:

Consumer demand is the absulote driver of economic growth ... any economic policy that curbs that driver is 100%!counterproductive. Whether it be taking money from consumers by lowering taxes on corporations too low or taking it from them by individual taxation.

individuals should keep as much of their money as they can. The guy who makes $15,000 a year or the guy who makes $15,000,000 a year. Their spending on consumable goods creates jobs and demand for goods that often help build wealth . If joe Schroeder buys a car every six years rather than 7, everyone wins.
Zarniwoop

PreviousNext

Return to Politics and Religion