Random Political News

A Place to respectfully discuss those topics that you should never discuss.
Re: Random Political News

Postby Zarniwoop » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:55 pm

Rocker wrote:
Zarniwoop wrote:Anyone with predictions on findings of the Supreme Court hearing of the bakery case?

http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/05/politics/ ... index.html

----

My prediction (not necessarily how I feel)

the court will rule that the baker (or any creative artist) does not have to accept every commission that someone requests but they do have to sell anyone their finished products off the shelf.

You mean the whole “we reserve the right to refuse service” thing?

I agree with your prediction.

Just heard Kennedy’s take and line of questioning.

There’s little chance the baker loses.
Zarniwoop

Postby RedLeader » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:59 pm

Zarniwoop wrote:
Rocker wrote:
You mean the whole “we reserve the right to refuse service” thing?

I agree with your prediction.

Just heard Kennedy’s take and line of questioning.

There’s little chance the baker loses.

As it should be, for the reason you outlined earlier...
RedLeader

Postby beardmcdoug » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:31 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:I never said they would reject a belief, I said less radical/more centrist. Which you seem to reluctantly agree with based on other priorities coming to the forefront. Oftentimes when immediate family is involved those priorities lead to a more centrist ideology imo. I think Zarni linked an article about this.

It wasn't directed at you or anyone here. But I'd be glad to cite articles from Left-wing publications glorifying the child-free life as an example.

Not sure where you're taking this here and playing up the gay angle since I didn't mention it and have no problem with same sex couples. The point was that a family construct is best for raising children and I'd agree that a same sex couple committed to one another is measurably better that single parent household and I'm sure there is some stats to support that. As Zarni pointed out single parent households lead to increased/perpetuating poverty and a much higher rate that of a family structure.

When people are dependent on their family for education and well-being they are by default less dependent on the government for those things (Agree or Disagree?). That is bad for the Left and IMO the motivation behind wanting to deteriorate the family construct. It boils down to dependency, which provides control. But that is just my take. I respect that you don't agree. :D

On Zarni's article..
It is also partially due to the fact that younger generations have been brought up in a more socially liberal world. When my parents first voted in the 1960s, homosexuality was illegal, abortion was largely illegal, the death penalty was still in force and openly racist attitudes were widely acceptable. Now, when my students voted this year for the first time, the death penalty is a distant memory, abortion rights are firmly entrenched, gay marriage is legal and accusing someone of racism is regarded as the ultimate end-of-argument put down.

This process of generational replacement could be very important, because it implies that rightwing parties are fighting against the tide of history. On this argument, the Conservative electorate is effectively dying out.

The author ponders a couple of explanations for this dataset, and this is the one I think is most accurate. What is conservative today was generally progressive a generation ago. Mind you this is on social issues.

I wholly reject the premise that we liberals are twisting our mustaches hell bent on creating a society that is wholly dependent upon government. That is nothing more than right-wing fear mongering and imo is a projection from authoritarian conservative commentators.

Got a parent-teacher conference to go to.

Here's the thing about those "progressive" ideals... where did they come from? Thin air? Is there something in human genetics that, by default, equips each successive generation with a better-calibrated moral compass? I don't think its in the genetics. I think the answer is in the environment....

If we have established (which I think we have) that the general public only does and thinks what the tube/media tells them to do and think, then it begs the question, who has been choreographing the social progression - and what is the purpose?

For instance, the "sexual liberation" movement that has been going on in this society since the 60's (especially in recent years) - possibly the most deleterious movement to the family and western civilization - where does this come from? Take a human, or a family, and remove them from our society and put them in a vacuum out in space. You think there's something natural that causes each successive generation to descend into sexual degeneracy? Would you consider that some sort of inevitability? Or would you say that the environment curated it?

Then you have to ask yourself - to achieve what ends? And when you're asking yourself that question, don't forget to look in the mirror and see yourself (and myself, and everyone here on the forums) for what we really are to "them": an opportunity for profit

You put Miley Cyrus on the stage and have her give a blowjob to a blow up doll in front of thousands of screaming 12 - 18 year old girls, here's what you get:
- a generation of turbowhores (since kids basically only do what they see on TV and hear in their music)
-- creating a generation of women who are not interested in substantial connection or long term commitment
--- creating a generation of women ill-equipped and unprepared for the INCREDIBLE selflessness that comes with being a wife and mother
---- which increases the likelihood of infidelity and divorce
----- which further increases the number of kids raised by single parents
------ which increases the number of people who are ill-equipped to function in society
------ which increases the number of people who are shown poor examples of what a relationship and marriage should be
------- which increases the number of people who think infidelity is a normal thing
-------- which poisons the well for those that are out there, dating these people, removing trust and willingness to commit to a partner
--------- which reinforces a hook-up culture
---------- which degrades bridge of respect across gender lines, which results in poor treatment of the opposite sex
---------- which spreads diseases
---------- which results in depression and the degradation of self worth
----------- all of which create a human being who is flighty, less committed toward long-term goals ($ in stupid purchases), more prone to the pursuit of short-term chemical releases ($ in stupid purchases), less stable in their mental health ($ in pharmaceuticals), more likely to value their career over family ($ in having more workers out there), rents instead of owns property ($), and most importantly, building them up as the Independent (TM), isolated, malleable consumer, who follows trends, who's behavior, wants, and interests are predictable

You put a tranny in drag at a local library to read books to children, you get:
- a generation of kids who think dressing up as the opposite sex is more than just a fun thing to try out at home, it's something that "adults" have deemed normal to do in public
-- creating a generation of kids who question gender identity and all social norms
--- creating a generation of kids with gender dysporia
---- creating a generation of parents who, in an attempt to rationalize what they're seeing their kids are going through, push for further gender identity openness
----- creating a youth culture focused on victimhood or a need to have some sort of affliction in order to fit in
------ creating a youth culture focused on defining and exploring their sexual identity
------- creating an epidemic of hormone replacement therapy, confusion, dysphoria, hypochondria, depression, drug abuse
-------- all of which creates a human being who is flighty, more focused on their self and their "problems", who shops from the men's AND women's section of the store, who is less committed toward long-term goals ($ in stupid purchases), more prone to the pursuit of short-term chemical releases ($ in stupid purchases), less stable in their mental health ($ in pharmaceuticals), more likely to value their career over family ($ in having more workers out there), rents instead of owns property ($), and most importantly, building them up as the Independent (TM), isolated, malleable consumer, who follows trends, who's behavior, wants, and interests are predictable

this is just off the top though - I'm sure I'm missing a lot. I'd venture to guess both encourage people who are, on average, more dependent on the state as well, considering the irrational and short-sighted mindset that this all cultivates.

here's a disturbing video with E Michael Jones, author of Libido Dominandi. If you're not sickened by about 5 minutes in...

as the top comment points out, its Huxley 100% (very interesting story from 4:45 to 8:30)
Last edited by beardmcdoug on Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:45 pm, edited 4 times in total.
beardmcdoug

Postby DreadNaught » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:31 pm

bucfanclw wrote:Trump naming Jerusalem the capital of Israel. Glad to see we're not needlessly inserting ourselves into other country's fights any more.

You are aware the Clinton, Bush (43), and Obama ALL made the same EXACT campaign promise, right? Or was this just your TDS flaring up?
DreadNaught

Postby bucfanclw » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:38 pm

DreadNaught wrote:
bucfanclw wrote:Trump naming Jerusalem the capital of Israel. Glad to see we're not needlessly inserting ourselves into other country's fights any more.

You are aware the Clinton, Bush (43), and Obama ALL made the same EXACT campaign promise, right? Or was this just your TDS flaring up?

And which one of them followed through once they fully understood the ramifications?
bucfanclw

Postby uscbucsfan » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:39 pm

bucfanclw wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:

And which one of them followed through once they fully understood the ramifications?

"Ramifications", lol.
uscbucsfan

Postby Buc2 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:42 pm

bucfanclw wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:

link?
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby DreadNaught » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:45 pm

bucfanclw wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:

lol, nice retort. I'll be sure save this for later.

Good talk.
DreadNaught

Postby bucfanclw » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:53 pm

So which one did it? 3 responses but no answer.
bucfanclw

Postby uscbucsfan » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:08 pm

bucfanclw wrote:So which one did it? 3 responses but no answer.

None of them delivered on their campaign promise. Is that what you are looking for?

There's a lot of bad to be said about Trump, but he is attempting to deliver everything he promised in an unprecedented manner. Those promises are what got him elected, right?

It's debatable if there are any "ramifications" outside of the left freaking out.
uscbucsfan

Postby bucfanclw » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:13 pm

uscbucsfan wrote:
bucfanclw wrote:So which one did it? 3 responses but no answer.

None of them delivered on their campaign promise. Is that what you are looking for?

There's a lot of bad to be said about Trump, but he is attempting to deliver everything he promised in an unprecedented manner. Those promises are what got him elected, right?

It's debatable if there are any "ramifications" outside of the left freaking out.

If there's no ramifications, why is the White House now telling Israel to temper their official response? They love to rile up the left so I doubt that's the only concern that would cause them to react that way.
bucfanclw

Postby uscbucsfan » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:29 pm

bucfanclw wrote:
uscbucsfan wrote:

If there's no ramifications, why is the White House now telling Israel to temper their official response? They love to rile up the left so I doubt that's the only concern that would cause them to react that way.

Ramifications is a subjective term. It could mean as little as someone is sad or as much as a war.

Is anything bad going to happen to us? No. Are Palestinians who hate us likely going to start some fires and break some stuff over there? Likely.

Isreal doesn't have an issue with this, why should we? They have conflicts on a daily basis over there. The international community wanted us to refrain from this because they recognize the question of who claims Jerusalem, mainly the Old City. Isreal and obviously America with Trump are not concerned nor questioning that.
Last edited by uscbucsfan on Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
uscbucsfan

Postby DreadNaught » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:07 pm

bucfanclw wrote:
uscbucsfan wrote:

Too funny that you're picking this battle. The past 4 elected Presidents all campaigned on this promise, are you really saying none of the previous ones knew whatever the "ramifications" were prior to promising it on the campaign trail? Or that all 3 just willfully lied knowing they wouldn't do a damn thing?

Or are you just irritated that Trump followed through?
DreadNaught

Postby RedLeader » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:19 pm

bucfanclw wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:

Hahahaha. This right here tells you all you need to know about clewy...

Not to mention, just a few months ago, ninety Senators [Read: 90] voted in favor of Jerusalem being recognized as the capital of Israel, along with moving the US embassy to Jerusalem... https://www.govtrack.us/congress/votes/115-2017/s138

90. Including Bernie Sanders, HillDog, Al Franken, and Diane Feinstein...

But yea, now it's a horrible idea, because........ Trump.

lol
RedLeader

Postby bucfanclw » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:33 pm

RedLeader wrote:
bucfanclw wrote:

Not to mention, just a few months ago, ninety Senators [Read: 90] voted in favor of Jerusalem being recognized as the capital of Israel, along with moving the US embassy to Jerusalem... https://www.govtrack.us/congress/votes/115-2017/s138

lol

Did you actually read that resolution, or are you just parroting what you've been told as usual?
bucfanclw

Postby uscbucsfan » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:36 pm

This was pasted from Congress.gov. At first I thought it was bullshit, too.

Recognizes the 50th anniversary of the reunification of Jerusalem;
Supports Israel’s commitment to religious freedom and administration of holy sites in Jerusalem;
Supports strengthening the mutually beneficial U.S.-Israel relationship;
Commends Egypt and Jordan for embracing a vision of peace and coexistence with Israel and upholding their peace agreements;
Reaffirms that the permanent status of Jerusalem remains a matter to be decided between the parties through final status negotiations towards a two-state solution; and
Reaffirms the Jerusalem Embassy Act of 1995, which recognizes Jerusalem as “the capital of the State of Israel.”

Sorry about the format. I'm on my phone.
uscbucsfan

Postby Buc2 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:17 am

uscbucsfan wrote:This was pasted from Congress.gov. At first I thought it was bullshit, too.

Recognizes the 50th anniversary of the reunification of Jerusalem;
Supports Israel’s commitment to religious freedom and administration of holy sites in Jerusalem;
Supports strengthening the mutually beneficial U.S.-Israel relationship;
Commends Egypt and Jordan for embracing a vision of peace and coexistence with Israel and upholding their peace agreements;
Reaffirms that the permanent status of Jerusalem remains a matter to be decided between the parties through final status negotiations towards a two-state solution; and
Reaffirms the Jerusalem Embassy Act of 1995, which recognizes Jerusalem as “the capital of the State of Israel.”

Sorry about the format. I'm on my phone.

In before Clewy.

But Trump...
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Buc2 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:18 am

Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Brazen331 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:17 am

bucfanclw wrote:
RedLeader wrote:

lol

Did you actually read that resolution, or are you just parroting what you've been told as usual?

Did you read the resolution or did you just go on the DNC website to find out how you should feel about it?

If you didn’t go to the DNC website beforehand, you should probably do so in the future because I can guarantee that you will come to the exact same conclusion. That way, you can save yourself oodles of time and never have to bother with reading things. Just let them do it for you if you don’t already.
Brazen331

Postby Zarniwoop » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:30 pm

Overall unemployment at 4.1%

Hispanic unemployment is at its lowest rate ever - 4.7%
Zarniwoop

Postby RedLeader » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:49 pm

bucfanclw wrote:
RedLeader wrote:

lol

Lol... What a maroon..
RedLeader

Postby Brazen331 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:15 pm

Zarniwoop wrote:Overall unemployment at 4.1%

I don't think we should give credit for the lowest Hispanic unemployment to the Mexican-hating President so let's give it to the Hispanics themselves.
Brazen331

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:29 pm

Seasonal bump.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Zarniwoop » Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:33 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:

Seasonal bump.

I'm not sure if you are aware but the unemployment number that is given out by the government is seasonally adjusted

I'd certainly be happy to hear an argument why this year's seasonal adjustment is substantially different than the average seasonal adjustment...but I personally can't think of an argument for that.
Zarniwoop

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:55 pm

Zarniwoop wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:Seasonal bump.

I'm not sure if you are aware but the unemployment number that is given out by the government is seasonally adjusted

I'd certainly be happy to hear an argument why this year's seasonal adjustment is substantially different than the average seasonal adjustment...but I personally can't think of an argument for that.

I've seen seasonally adjusted and I've seen the rate dropping as a result of seasonal employment. We'd be getting into semantics, disregard my earlier post.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby DreadNaught » Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:58 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
Zarniwoop wrote:

I've seen seasonally adjusted and I've seen the rate dropping as a result of seasonal employment. We'd be getting into semantics, disregard my earlier post.

So complete bullshit? :D
DreadNaught

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:02 pm

DreadNaught wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:I've seen seasonally adjusted and I've seen the rate dropping as a result of seasonal employment. We'd be getting into semantics, disregard my earlier post.

So complete bullshit? :D

No, only your posts can bullshit completely.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Brazen331 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:00 am

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
Zarniwoop wrote:

Can we go with the 4.1 statistic if we give the credit to Obama? Let’s credit him with the 3 percent growth as well. It will make CSG happy. He finally achieved it!
Brazen331

Postby Alpha » Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:42 am

Brazen331 wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:I've seen seasonally adjusted and I've seen the rate dropping as a result of seasonal employment. We'd be getting into semantics, disregard my earlier post.

Can we go with the 4.1 statistic if we give the credit to Obama? Let’s credit him with the 3 percent growth as well. It will make CSG happy. He finally achieved it!

It's clearly Trump and his "policies".

As we all know, the sitting President is responsible for everything that happens under their watch.

That's why the unemployment number is so friggin' awesome.

And why the World Trade Center attack happened under Bush.

And why we balanced the budget under Clinton.

Simple...
Alpha

Postby deltbucs » Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:17 pm

Alpha wrote:
Brazen331 wrote:

It's clearly Trump and his "policies".

Still waiting to hear what all these policies are that Trump and Co. have passed that are helping the economy. Has he done anything to move jobs back to 'Merica like he promised? Have any of his companies that do all of their manufacturing overseas move any jobs to the states?

It's incredible how gullible people are to believe his bullshit. LOL!!
deltbucs

PreviousNext

Return to Politics and Religion