Random Political News

A Place to respectfully discuss those topics that you should never discuss.
Re: Random Political News

Postby Zarniwoop » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:29 pm

Last edited by Zarniwoop on Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zarniwoop

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:54 pm

deltbucs wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:This conversation is going to go nowhere.

Well, it started with Zarni using your post to take a shot at your team. Where did you think it was going?

I was hoping we'd all reach a mutual understanding and enjoy a coke and a smile.

Maybe next time.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby DreadNaught » Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:56 am

NBC fires longtime 'Today' host Matt Lauer for inappropriate sexual behavior.

That sucks, I always liked Lauer.

I know this isn't political, maybe we should start a sexual assault thread?
DreadNaught

Postby RedLeader » Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:59 am

DreadNaught wrote:NBC fires longtime 'Today' host Matt Lauer for inappropriate sexual behavior.

Unfortunately, probably not a bad idea at this point... good grief.
RedLeader

Postby mdb1958 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:01 am

DreadNaught wrote:NBC fires longtime 'Today' host Matt Lauer for inappropriate sexual behavior.

Isnt political? Every facet of progressive life is political, it amazes me that so much of whats going on these days looks to have been scripted from hollywood.
mdb1958

Postby deltbucs » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:14 am

mdb1958 wrote:

Isnt political? Every facet of progressive life is political, it amazes me that so much of whats going on these days looks to have been scripted from hollywood.

Never change, mdb. Never change.
deltbucs

Postby DreadNaught » Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:21 pm

You guys see this ****!?!?! Crazy stuff...

War Criminal Dies After Apparently Drinking Poison in Court

DreadNaught

Postby bucfanclw » Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:26 pm

DreadNaught wrote:You guys see this ****!?!?! Crazy stuff...

I'd be ok if someone put that stuff on the desk in front of Howell Donaldson...
bucfanclw

Postby beardmcdoug » Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:36 pm

DreadNaught wrote:You guys see this ****!?!?! Crazy stuff...

:shock:
beardmcdoug

Postby Selmon Rules » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:39 pm

Perhaps something similar to Grims "Gotcha" thread.... Only for people whose public lives are dead
Sig currently being held hostage by Photobucket, will return next fall
Selmon Rules

Postby deltbucs » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:49 pm

I think it might be political, unfortunately.
I'm at the dealership getting my truck serviced today. I've got ear buds and on my computer working...I'm obviously not there to socialize. The news is on and this lady sitting next to me leans over and starts telling me how all of these except one actor (I forgot who she even said) are a witch hunts. I just say, "ok", and keep starring at my laptop. I got up and moved as soon as another seat was available. **** is crazy.
deltbucs

Postby Zarniwoop » Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:41 pm

Here’s something I think we can all agree upon

https://www.yahoo.com/news/proposed-sen ... 00857.html

New bill makes it illegal for businesses to conceal data breaches...punishable by time in prison
Zarniwoop

Postby bucfanclw » Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:03 pm

Zarniwoop wrote:Here’s something I think we can all agree upon

https://www.yahoo.com/news/proposed-sen ... 00857.html

New bill makes it illegal for businesses to conceal data breaches...punishable by time in prison

I remember seeing the stink about that bill before as being over regulation, but in light of recent events, it has a chance to pass.
bucfanclw

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:06 pm

While we're agreeing on stuff, can we go ahead and pull Wells Fargo's bank charter?

That place is evil.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Zarniwoop » Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:06 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:While we're agreeing on stuff, can we go ahead and pull Wells Fargo's bank charter?

That place is evil.

Indeed it does appear that way.

I have my daughters 529c through them. If I didn’t get penalized for moving it I would.
Zarniwoop

Postby Zarniwoop » Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:56 pm

CVS has agreed to purchase Aetna

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washin ... -industry/

Will be interesting to see how the govt handles this
Zarniwoop

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:07 pm

Zarniwoop wrote:CVS has agreed to purchase Aetna

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washin ... -industry/

Will be interesting to see how the govt handles this

I'm certain they'll be just fine with it.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Zarniwoop » Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:08 pm

Most likely. They’ve already allowed a prior one that was very similar
Zarniwoop

Postby deltbucs » Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:21 pm

Zarniwoop wrote:Most likely. They’ve already allowed a prior one that was very similar

That's what you want, right?
deltbucs

Postby bucfanclw » Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:08 pm

deltbucs wrote:
Zarniwoop wrote:Most likely. They’ve already allowed a prior one that was very similar

That's what you want, right?

I would say Zarni doesn't like things that diminish competition, but then he'd get all moody about me telling him what he thinks.
bucfanclw

Postby deltbucs » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:33 pm

bucfanclw wrote:
deltbucs wrote:That's what you want, right?

I would say Zarni doesn't like things that diminish competition, but then he'd get all moody about me telling him what he thinks.

Seems to me that he just always wants an open, free market with no government interference. That's why I assumed that he'd be happy with them not stepping in an obstructing whatever the businesses what to do.
deltbucs

Postby Zarniwoop » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:14 pm

House is going to vote on a concealed carry bill...the gist is basically to make it like driver’s licenses....each state has to accept permits from other states

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/12 ... floor.html
Zarniwoop

Postby bucfanclw » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:27 pm

Zarniwoop wrote:House is going to vote on a concealed carry bill...the gist is basically to make it like driver’s licenses....each state has to accept permits from other states

I'd be on board with this as long as there was a national minimum standard training to get a cc permit.
bucfanclw

Postby uscbucsfan » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:43 pm

bucfanclw wrote:
Zarniwoop wrote:House is going to vote on a concealed carry bill...the gist is basically to make it like driver’s licenses....each state has to accept permits from other states

I'd be on board with this as long as there was a national minimum standard training to get a cc permit.

This is why I would be against the bill. Unless it establishes and enforces a national minimum, I don't agree with this. I think it's fine how it is now. If states want to recognize other states cwp permit holders, they can. If they don't, they have that ability.
uscbucsfan

Postby bucfanclw » Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:15 pm

uscbucsfan wrote:
bucfanclw wrote:I'd be on board with this as long as there was a national minimum standard training to get a cc permit.

This is why I would be against the bill. Unless it establishes and enforces a national minimum, I don't agree with this. I think it's fine how it is now. If states want to recognize other states cwp permit holders, they can. If they don't, they have that ability.

I've been arguing for a national safety and skills training requirement for a while so if this is the bill that caused that to get established, then great. If they just want to make it so anyone can obtain a permit from Maine without any real qualifications needing to be met and then every state is required to recognize that, then this is a disaster of a bill that I'm sure will get a full court press from the NRA to shove through.
bucfanclw

Postby NYBF » Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:21 pm

Looking forward to reading about how drilling and mining in our national parks is actually a good thing.
NYBF

Postby deltbucs » Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:22 pm

NYBF wrote:Looking forward to reading about how drilling and mining in our national parks is actually a good thing.

Well, it was so important it needed to be included in a ****ing tax bill...
deltbucs

Postby Phantom Phenom » Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:23 pm

Trump shrinks Utah monuments in historic move
By Bill Weir, CNN
Updated 3:18 PM ET, Mon December 4, 2017
Bears Ears National Monument, Utah (CNN)If only the rocks could talk.

If only the sandstones could sing, imagine the stories they'd tell, of dinosaurs, mammoth hunters and the "ancient ones" known as the Anasazi.
All roamed southern Utah over the eons, long before Native Americans struggled to hold their land against Mormon settlers, modern life and now, Donald Trump.

As the President arrives in Utah Monday afternoon, this rocky corner of the Wild West is a battlefield once again, but this time the warriors will carry briefcases and lawsuits.
Trump, by signing two presidential proclamations on Monday, shrunk the size of Bears Ears National Monument by more than 80% and Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument by roughly 45%, fundamentally reshaping the two large national monuments.
The proclamations split the two national monuments into several smaller sections. Bears Ears will be shrunk from 1.35 million acres to 228,337 acres, according to the spokesperson for Interior, and split into two separate monument sections. Grand Staircase-Escalante, a monument designated by President Bill Clinton, will be split into three sections and shrunk from 1.9 million acres to just about 1 million acres.

Trump slammed past administrations -- namely Clinton's and President Barack Obama's -- for what he called "federal overreach." The two former Democratic president designated Bears Ears and Grand Staircase-Escalante for protection, hoping to preserve their culture, history and natural beauty.
Past administrations, Trump said, thought "the natural resources of Utah should be controlled by a small handful of very distant bureaucrats located in Washington. And guess what? They are wrong."

"The families and communities of Utah know and love this land the best and you know the best how to take care of your land," Trump said. "You know how to protect it. And you know best how to conserve this land for many, many generations to come."

Locals in the area saw the designations as nothing more than a 3-million-acre federal land grab. The drillers, miners and frackers who were shut out by Clinton's and Obama's use of the Antiquities Act would have new leases on life. Sen. Orrin Hatch and his fellow Utah Republicans would have a major victory to celebrate.

But those who believe the rocks can talk, through countless fossils, sacred ruins and desert solitude, are bracing for a fight.
"I'm going to sue him," says Yvon Chouinard, founder and CEO of outdoor gear maker Patagonia. "It seems the only thing this administration understands is lawsuits. I think it's a shame that only 4% of American lands are national parks. Costa Rica's got 10%. Chile will now have way more parks than we have. We need more, not less. This government is evil and I'm not going to sit back and let evil win."

Chouinard led the effort to move a major outdoor show from Salt Lake City to Denver in protest of Utah's land use politics and he's been a big supporter of the historic coalition of the five local tribes, which put aside ancient rivalries and lobbied for monument protection.
Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke said he was unmoved by people like Chouinard who are threatening lawsuits.
"I don't yield to pressure, only higher principle," he said. "And I don't think public policy should be based o

But Chouinard's arguments carry no sway at a pro-Trump, anti-monument rally in Monticello. Here, Chouinard represents all the liberal interests from outside, conspiring to pit neighbor against neighbor. "What's his net worth? One billion dollars? Two billion?" says San Juan County Commissioner Phil Lyman. "You got Patagonia in here waving the flag of environmentalism while he's completely exploiting the outdoors for industrialized tourism. For a person in that position to try and lecture morality to one of the poorest counties in the entire nation is wrong."

The size of New Jersey, San Juan is the biggest and poorest county in Utah and with this moment of political victory, Lyman finds kinship with the coal miners of Appalachia.
He points out that Bears Ears is the fifth national park or monument in his county and argues that oil and gas extraction would have less impact on the landscape than the brand of adventure tourism that has transformed nearby Moab. "By designating a monument, you are using a tool that will bring hordes of people to a place that is very sensitive," he says.

But according to former county commissioner and Navajo elder Mark Maryboy, cultural sensitivity is hard to find in San Juan County. "They didn't want to work with us," he says. "In fact, one of the county commissioners told me 'You guys lost the war so you have no business talking about the land planning process.'"
With efficient strides, he drops into a canyon near the San Juan River, past one of the 100,000 sacred ruins in Bears Ears, to a wall covered in 1,200-year old rock art. The spindly renderings of man and animal are the work of an artist they've dubbed "Wolfman" for the paw print signature that accompanies the pictoglyphs. And then he points out the modern bullet holes.

To his Navajo faith, this canyon holds the spirits of his loved ones and these carvings are just as sacred as any art in the Vatican or any wall in Jerusalem, yet someone has been using it for target practice.
"The local white community members are determined to get rid of all the art rock," he says. "It stands in the way of progress for them. It stands in the way of a job. New cars. New clothes. Rolex watch."

http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/04/politics/ ... index.html
Phantom Phenom

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:21 pm

So this is apparently being done because Obama and Clinton did it and to open up the land for logging and drilling...and perhaps mining.

Watch this motherfucker open most of the Allegheny national forest up for logging, drilling, and fracking.

Fuckin ***hole.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Rocker » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:53 pm

I’m opposed to just about anything that reduces, restricts, or relocates any national monument or park.

I hope Patagonia keeps this tied up in courts for the next three - eighty years.
Rocker

PreviousNext

Return to Politics and Religion