Random Political News

A Place to respectfully discuss those topics that you should never discuss.
Re: Random Political News

Postby Rocker » Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:02 pm

Corsair wrote:It's impossible to have a discussion with these babies.

Any time we get close to reality their default reaction is "Why u so mad, tho?"

When you finish your argument for great journalism with the NYT and the Post as your go to; I have a bit of a hard time believing that's what your really after. Both papers have a well known and self admitted leftist bias.

I also think your statement that Trump is doing some sort of irreparable harm to journalism is a chicken little statement.

I do agree that written news today is perhaps the strongest it's ever been; and certainly not for the reasons MDB stated.

Sorry, not sorry you read so deeply into a simple statement.
Rocker

Postby Corsair » Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:03 pm

Those Damn librul Hollywud Leets!

Ivanka Trump, Jared Kushner, Kellyanne Conway spotted at Washington Post editor's Hamptons party with George Soros
by Anna Giaritelli | Jul 3, 2017, 9:25 AM

Ivanka Trump, Jared Kushner and Kellyanne Conway wined and dined with heavy hitters including Steven Spielberg, David Koch and George Soros at the home of Washington Post senior associate editor Lally Weymouth in the Hamptons on Sunday night.

George Soros is a pedophile demon worshiper who drinks blood and has a child sex traffic ring in the basement of a DC pizza joint!!!! Are Ivanka and Jared and Kellyanne compromised!?! Surely, just being in the orbit of Soros is what brought down Hillary, they must be just as complicit, right?
Corsair

Postby HamBone » Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:07 pm

Corsair wrote:Those Damn librul Hollywud Leets!

Ivanka Trump, Jared Kushner, Kellyanne Conway spotted at Washington Post editor's Hamptons party with George Soros
by Anna Giaritelli | Jul 3, 2017, 9:25 AM

Ivanka Trump, Jared Kushner and Kellyanne Conway wined and dined with heavy hitters including Steven Spielberg, David Koch and George Soros at the home of Washington Post senior associate editor Lally Weymouth in the Hamptons on Sunday night.

George Soros is a pedophile demon worshiper who drinks blood and has a child sex traffic ring in the basement of a DC pizza joint!!!! Are Ivanka and Jared and Kellyanne compromised!?! Surely, just being in the orbit of Soros is what brought down Hillary, they must be just as complicit, right?

Lol
HamBone

Postby mdb1958 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:51 pm

Fake sugar is good, everybody eat it. Twenty years later...
mdb1958

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:33 pm

mdb1958 wrote:Fake sugar is good, everybody eat it. Twenty years later...

I'll do you one better.

Whole grains have long been the base of the food pyramid.

What do you feed livestock to prepare it for slaughter?
Mountaineer Buc

Postby HamBone » Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:57 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
mdb1958 wrote:Fake sugar is good, everybody eat it. Twenty years later...

I'll do you one better.

Tacos
HamBone

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:28 pm

HamBone wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:I'll do you one better.

Tacos

That's how they make carne asada
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Corsair » Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:32 pm

Corsair

Postby Corsair » Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:04 am

Corsair

Postby Corsair » Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:52 pm

Redditor HanAssholeSolo, the guy who posted the Trump/CNN clip the president tweeted, has apologized to @CNN, the media, and others after it was discovered that throughout the life of his account he had spread some vicious, racist, trolling content over a course of years:

I wish the conservative troll culture would collectively wake up.
Last edited by Corsair on Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Corsair

Postby Corsair » Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:56 pm

r/the_donald keeps deleting his apology.

How's that for free speech?

Corsair

Postby Caradoc » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:47 pm

LOL, the idea that that CNN wrestling clip was calling for violence is just laughable left wing nutbar hyperbole.

Fake Outrage
Last edited by Caradoc on Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Caradoc

Postby Caradoc » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:48 pm

http://www.bizpacreview.com/2017/07/03/ ... sed-509548

Massachusetts Senator Elizabeth Warren refused to take a DNA test mailed to her by Indian-American entrepreneur V.A. Shiva Ayyadurai, who’s running against her for her U.S. Senate seat.

“I’m deeply saddened @SenWarren refused my thoughtful (gift-wrapped) Birthday Gift: the 23&me DNA Test Kit,” Ayyadurai tweeted Sunday. “Most unfortunate! #FakeIndian.”
Caradoc

Postby HamBone » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:57 pm

Caradoc wrote:http://www.bizpacreview.com/2017/07/03/elizabeth-warrens-real-indian-opponent-sends-dna-kit-birthday-shes-not-amused-509548

Massachusetts Senator Elizabeth Warren refused to take a DNA test mailed to her by Indian-American entrepreneur V.A. Shiva Ayyadurai, who’s running against her for her U.S. Senate seat.

“I’m deeply saddened @SenWarren refused my thoughtful (gift-wrapped) Birthday Gift: the 23&me DNA Test Kit,” Ayyadurai tweeted Sunday. “Most unfortunate! #FakeIndian.”

OMG...that is awesome
HamBone

Postby bucfanclw » Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:44 pm

Caradoc wrote:http://www.bizpacreview.com/2017/07/03/elizabeth-warrens-real-indian-opponent-sends-dna-kit-birthday-shes-not-amused-509548

Isn't he the guy that claimed he invented e-mail a decade after it was already in use?
bucfanclw

Postby Caradoc » Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:13 am

Corsair wrote:Redditor HanAssholeSolo, the guy who posted the Trump/CNN clip the president tweeted, has apologized to @CNN, the media, and others after it was discovered that throughout the life of his account he had spread some vicious, racist, trolling content over a course of years:

I wish the conservative troll culture would collectively wake up.

"It was discovered"

LOL.

CNN blackmailed him into that "apology":

http://archive.is/o7izm#selection-1217.0-1217.277

"The meme was created purely as satire, it was not meant to be a call to violence against CNN or any other news affiliation," he wrote. "I had no idea anyone would take it and put sound to it and then have it put up on the President's Twitter feed. It was a prank, nothing more
After posting his apology, "HanA**holeSolo" called CNN's KFile and confirmed his identity. In the interview, "HanA**holeSolo" sounded nervous about his identity being revealed and asked to not be named out of fear for his personal safety and for the public embarrassment it would bring to him and his family.
CNN is not publishing "HanA**holeSolo's" name because he is a private citizen who has issued an extensive statement of apology, showed his remorse by saying he has taken down all his offending posts, and because he said he is not going to repeat this ugly behavior on social media again. In addition, he said his statement could serve as an example to others not to do the same.
CNN reserves the right to publish his identity should any of that change.

And I especially enjoy the "conservative troll culture" comment. Like trolls are a partisan phenomena.

**** like this just shows how liberals love to get their panties in a bunch any time they are being mocked even a little, with their fake outrage and hurt feelz.
Caradoc

Postby Caradoc » Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:15 am

Better get your talking points straight Corsair. Even Vox isn't with you on this one.

https://twitter.com/germanrlopez/status ... 9320052736

German Lopez‏Verified account
@germanrlopez
Follow
More
I can't emphasize how bad this is on CNN's part. This is basically "don't post stuff we don't like or we'll dox you." Extremely unethical.
Caradoc

Postby Caradoc » Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:43 am

Caradoc

Postby Corsair » Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:52 am

Caradoc wrote: any time they are being mocked even a little

“Solved the refugee problem in Europe,” submitted in June.

“FBI stats don’t lie n—–. You hood rats account for more that 50% of the murder, rape, robbery, and assault in the USA.”
“I just like dancing when n—— are getting beat down by the cops.”
“Just installed a new alarm at my house, works perfectly,” submitted in June.

More here:

I guess if that's the guy you want to defend, have at it.

When you say these things in a public forum don't you waive your right to a "reasonable expectation of privacy" under the law? If he had said the same downtown on 5th and main, could he complain that someone recognized him while he recited hate speech to illicit a reaction from his audience?

If that was graffiti, would it be vandalism or would it be a hate crime?

I know you guys think trolling is cool and stuff, but if his identity was released and he lost his job and was forced to follow around a record of saying despicable things to people for the rest of his life because of his conduct online... I wouldn't lose a wink of sleep. The way it is described, his identity was discovered through his reddit responses that corroborated his locations and experiences, not through any illegal or nefarious means.

It's the repercussions of Freedom of Speech. Everybody is entitled to their opinion, and when your opinion is known you have no defense if people don't like your opinion and choose to distance themselves from your speech. I've heard it described as "personal responsibility" by someone, can't quite remember who said it, tho.
Last edited by Corsair on Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Corsair

Postby Caradoc » Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:22 am

It's not about the guy, sad you can't grasp that. Or should I say, "Won't graps that". Somehow I have the feeling if Fox did this to any of the multitudes of left-wing trolls, you'd see the issue right away.

Oh, and stop with the "you guys think trolling is cool". There are at least as many left wing trolls as right, probably a lot more. It's one of the few vestiges of true bipartisanship.
Caradoc

Postby bucfanclw » Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:55 am

I miss the days when T_D was upset with CNN for NOT revealing their sources. Now they're upset because they MIGHT reveal a source. CNN is definitely their boogeyman.
bucfanclw

Postby beardmcdoug » Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:22 am

lmao @ "cnn is completely run by the jews" meme unintentionally being exposed to millions of "normies"
beardmcdoug

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:30 am

This whole thing is so ****ing stupid.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Buc2 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:01 pm

Zarniwoop wrote:Trump ordered 20 more ATF agents into Chicago

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/06 ... demic.html

Surely this is a racist move #MAWA

It paid dividends. :roll:

More than 100 shot in violent Chicago Fourth of July weekend

Chicago Police respond to a shooting during a violent Fourth of July weekend in which more than 100 were reportedly shot CBS CHICAGO

CHICAGO -- At least 101 people were shot between Friday afternoon and early Wednesday in a violent 4th of July holiday weekend in Chicago, reports the Chicago Tribune. 15 of the victims died.

Nearly half were shot in a spate of violence as the weekend closed out between 3:30 p.m. Tuesday and 3:30 a.m. Wednesday.

Last year's Independence Day weekend, which was one day shorter than this year's, ended with 66 people shot, four of them fatally, reports CBS Chicago — a total that stoked cautious optimism with the lowest death toll for the July 4 weekend in nearly a decade.

The last time the Fourth of July holiday weekend spanned four full days was in 2013, reports the Tribune. At least 74 people were shot between Wednesday evening and early Monday and 12 of them died, according to data collected by the paper.

The shootings came as the department -- as has become standard procedure during long holiday warm weather holiday weekends -- put more than 1,000 extra officers on the street.

The violence this year was largely concentrated in the city's south and west sides, including districts where the Chicago Police Department have deployed extra resources including hundreds of officers on overtime.

The youngest person shot was a 13-year-old boy seriously wounded in Gage Park on Friday night, the paper reports.

The violent weekend brings the total number of people shot in Chicago so far in 2017 to more than 1,800, according to data maintained by the Tribune, still below the 2,035 recorded at this time last year.

On Saturday, Chicago Police touted a 14-percent decline in shootings this year compared to the first six months of 2016, and they hoped to tamp down the holiday weekend violence with the help of a new gun violence strike force that includes ATF agents, reports CBS Chicago.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby bucfanclw » Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:33 pm

So NPR tweeted out the entire Declaration of Independence yesterday... the replies from Trump supporters that have apparently never seen this document before are pretty hilarious. My favorite is the guy that thought NPR was calling for a revolution and condoning violence.

You can't make this stuff up!
bucfanclw

Postby Buc2 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:39 pm

bucfanclw wrote:So NPR tweeted out the entire Declaration of Independence yesterday... the replies from Trump supporters that have apparently never seen this document before are pretty hilarious. My favorite is the guy that thought NPR was calling for a revolution and condoning violence.

I was unable to locate the part of the tweet where the user identified as a Trump supporter. Oh...wait. You're just applying that label based on your own preconceived perceptions of all Trump supporters. And you and/or your pals here call conservatives Internet trolls. :roll:
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby bucfanclw » Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:58 pm

Buc2 wrote:
bucfanclw wrote:So NPR tweeted out the entire Declaration of Independence yesterday... the replies from Trump supporters that have apparently never seen this document before are pretty hilarious. My favorite is the guy that thought NPR was calling for a revolution and condoning violence.

I was unable to locate the part of the tweet where the user identified as a Trump supporter. Oh...wait. You're just applying that label based on your own preconceived perceptions of all Trump supporters. And you and/or your pals here call conservatives Internet trolls. :roll:

You're welcome to go check out his twitter account... it's right there in the picture.
bucfanclw

Postby beardmcdoug » Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:59 pm

Buc2 wrote:
Zarniwoop wrote:Trump ordered 20 more ATF agents into Chicago

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/06 ... demic.html

Surely this is a racist move #MAWA

It paid dividends. :roll:

More than 100 shot in violent Chicago Fourth of July weekend

Chicago Police respond to a shooting during a violent Fourth of July weekend in which more than 100 were reportedly shot CBS CHICAGO

CHICAGO -- At least 101 people were shot between Friday afternoon and early Wednesday in a violent 4th of July holiday weekend in Chicago, reports the Chicago Tribune. 15 of the victims died.

Nearly half were shot in a spate of violence as the weekend closed out between 3:30 p.m. Tuesday and 3:30 a.m. Wednesday.

Last year's Independence Day weekend, which was one day shorter than this year's, ended with 66 people shot, four of them fatally, reports CBS Chicago — a total that stoked cautious optimism with the lowest death toll for the July 4 weekend in nearly a decade.

The last time the Fourth of July holiday weekend spanned four full days was in 2013, reports the Tribune. At least 74 people were shot between Wednesday evening and early Monday and 12 of them died, according to data collected by the paper.

The shootings came as the department -- as has become standard procedure during long holiday warm weather holiday weekends -- put more than 1,000 extra officers on the street.

The violence this year was largely concentrated in the city's south and west sides, including districts where the Chicago Police Department have deployed extra resources including hundreds of officers on overtime.

The youngest person shot was a 13-year-old boy seriously wounded in Gage Park on Friday night, the paper reports.

The violent weekend brings the total number of people shot in Chicago so far in 2017 to more than 1,800, according to data maintained by the Tribune, still below the 2,035 recorded at this time last year.

On Saturday, Chicago Police touted a 14-percent decline in shootings this year compared to the first six months of 2016, and they hoped to tamp down the holiday weekend violence with the help of a new gun violence strike force that includes ATF agents, reports CBS Chicago.

What's Chicago's problem?
beardmcdoug

Postby bucfanclw » Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:00 pm

beardmcdoug wrote:What's Chicago's problem?

Too many Blackhawk fans.
bucfanclw

Postby Selmon Rules » Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:31 pm

bucfanclw wrote:
beardmcdoug wrote:What's Chicago's problem?

Too many Blackhawk fans.

Not enough gun control laws....
Sig currently being held hostage by Photobucket, will return next fall
Selmon Rules

PreviousNext

Return to Politics and Religion