Random Political News

A Place to respectfully discuss those topics that you should never discuss.
Re: Random Political News

Postby Wharf Rat » Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:13 am

deltbucs wrote:
Zarniwoop wrote:And the next guy will appoint someone similar, but let's just let them keep wasting our money

If we keep voting for corrupt ***holes like Trump and Obama then, yes, the next guy will do the same thing.

I'm convinced that anyone who runs for public office is a corrupt ***hole.
Wharf Rat

Postby Corsair » Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:49 am

Faith in our elected officials destroyed, check.

Faith in our electoral system destroyed, check.

Faith in our democracy destruction, upcoming.

You are right on pace to start loving Russia, aren't you?
Corsair

Postby Corsair » Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:14 pm

Speaking of Russia, a couple of items dropped this week in preparation of Trump's meeting with Putin next week:

The US Treasury just amended Obama's sanctions order to 'authorize certain transactions' with Russia's FSB
link
The US Treasury Department's Office of Foreign Assets Control on Thursday published an amendment to President Barack Obama's sanctions order against Russia to "authorize certain transactions" with Russia's Federal Security Service...

Trump has reportedly asked his aides to come up with 'deliverables' he can offer to Putin in their big meeting
link
President Donald Trump has asked National Security Council staff to come up with "deliverables" that he can offer to Russian President Vladimir Putin during their meeting on the sidelines of the G-20 summit in Germany next week, The Guardian reported Thursday.

Prepare for a roll back of sanctions, and a bad deal for the US. I get the feeling Putin is going to rob Trump blind. He is hopelessly outmatched.
Corsair

Postby deltbucs » Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:27 pm

Corsair wrote:
Trump has reportedly asked his aides to come up with 'deliverables' he can offer to Putin in their big meeting
link
President Donald Trump has asked National Security Council staff to come up with "deliverables" that he can offer to Russian President Vladimir Putin during their meeting on the sidelines of the G-20 summit in Germany next week, The Guardian reported Thursday.

Prepare for a roll back of sanctions, and a bad deal for the US. I get the feeling Putin is going to rob Trump blind. He is hopelessly outmatched.

A deliverable could literally be anything. It could be a note that says, "**** you!" This isn't even a story.

That said, it's only a matter of time before Trump's Sectary of State, who is coming straight from being Exxon's CEO, gets an oil deal done with Russia.
deltbucs

Postby Corsair » Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:25 pm

Jason Chaffetz (The Chair of the Ethics and Oversight committee) has resigned:

I mean, think about it. He signed on for four years of continued investigations into Hillary, instead he got Trump and refused to do any oversight and the ethics violations are over the moon.

Off to FoxNews you little weasel. I have a feeling we will see your name again soon.
Corsair

Postby mdb1958 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:46 am

Trade wars. For it or against it?
mdb1958

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:02 am

mdb1958 wrote:Trade wars. For it or against it?

Will there be lightsabers?
Mountaineer Buc

Postby mdb1958 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:02 am

Mountaineer Buc wrote:

Will there be lightsabers?

Please edit and lets see what people think.
mdb1958

Postby bucfanclw » Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:44 am

I would normally just meme this with Yoda, but I'm really interested to see your logic on this. What do you think causes trade wars, and do you believe Trumps actions and threats increase or decrease threat of trade wars?
bucfanclw

Postby acaton » Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:48 am

Corsair wrote:Faith in our elected officials destroyed, check.

Are you five?

Short, fat and slow often does the trick...45ACP
acaton

Postby bucfanclw » Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:56 am

acaton wrote:
Corsair wrote:Faith in our elected officials destroyed, check.

Are you five?

I'd be more worried about whether our President, who just tweeted a meme video of himself tackling Vince McMahan with a CNN logo over his face, is five.
bucfanclw

Postby HamBone » Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:34 am

bucfanclw wrote:
acaton wrote:Are you five?

I'd be more worried about whether our President, who just tweeted a meme video of himself tackling Vince McMahan with a CNN logo over his face, is five.

Lol...did he? That is awesome!
HamBone

Postby mdb1958 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:55 am

bucfanclw wrote:

I would normally just meme this with Yoda, but I'm really interested to see your logic on this. What do you think causes trade wars, and do you believe Trumps actions and threats increase or decrease threat of trade wars?

mdb1958

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:05 pm

You're going to have to spell out for me what you consider a trade war before I can answer that question.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby bucfanclw » Sun Jul 02, 2017 5:32 pm

HamBone wrote:
bucfanclw wrote:I'd be more worried about whether our President, who just tweeted a meme video of himself tackling Vince McMahan with a CNN logo over his face, is five.

I guess it is a bit awesome that he's managed to almost completely remove the dignity and respect that used to go with that office. It takes a pretty high level troll to accomplish that. So... kudos?
bucfanclw

Postby bucfanclw » Sun Jul 02, 2017 5:34 pm

mdb1958 wrote:
bucfanclw wrote:I would normally just meme this with Yoda, but I'm really interested to see your logic on this. What do you think causes trade wars, and do you believe Trumps actions and threats increase or decrease threat of trade wars?

Against the actual definition of a trade war. Now whether that means I'm against your warped view of what constitutes a trade war remains to be seen. Now then, what is your position on the topic?
bucfanclw

Postby Corsair » Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:05 pm

bucfanclw wrote:
HamBone wrote:

I guess it is a bit awesome that he's managed to almost completely remove the dignity and respect that used to go with that office. It takes a pretty high level troll to accomplish that. So... kudos?

This is the part where the troll comes back and says "The office of the President hasn't had any dignity over the past decade, why start now?"

He then avoids having to actually address the problem instead opting for an indefensible position and disappearing until he can conjure up another false equivalency.
Corsair

Postby HamBone » Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:13 pm

Corsair wrote:
bucfanclw wrote:I guess it is a bit awesome that he's managed to almost completely remove the dignity and respect that used to go with that office. It takes a pretty high level troll to accomplish that. So... kudos?

This is the part where the troll comes back and says "The office of the President hasn't had any dignity over the past decade, why start now?"

He then avoids having to actually address the problem instead opting for an indefensible position and disappearing until he can conjure up another false equivalency.

Still salty...huh?
HamBone

Postby Corsair » Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:51 pm

Things Fox News questioned as "unpresidential" under Obama: Tan suit, playing pool, selfie stick.

Meanwhile Trump is under investigation for collusion with Russia, obstruction of justice, intimidating witnesses, extorting journalists, inciting violence against the press, etc.

Are you sure this president is the one getting "unfair" coverage?
Corsair

Postby Zarniwoop » Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:52 pm

Statistics from the Media Research Center, a conservative research website, backed up Cuban's argument. According to their survey, the nightly news shows on ABC, NBC and CBS dedicated 28 times the coverage to the drama between Trump and the "Morning Joe" anchors than they did to the passing of "Kate's Law" in the House of Representatives.
Zarniwoop

Postby Corsair » Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:39 am

Yeah.

Go figure, but the first amendment section about freedom of the press is still considered "pretty important".

Crazy.
Corsair

Postby Ken Carson » Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:11 am

Corsair wrote:Yeah.

Go figure, but the first amendment section about freedom of the press is still considered "pretty important".

Crazy.

Maybe we can all agree that this president has had plenty of conduct that is unbecoming of his office (like daily). At the same time, many members of the press have engaged in conduct that has significantly lowered the respectability of journalism during his presidency.
Ken Carson

Postby PrimeMinister » Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:56 am

Ken Carson wrote:

Crazy.

Maybe we can all agree that this president has had plenty of conduct that is unbecoming of his office (like daily). At the same time, many members of the press have engaged in conduct that has significantly lowered the respectability of journalism during his presidency.

Agreed on both counts. Most TV News have essentially become any one of the dozens of ESPN shows: First Take, PTI, Around the Horn, etc. All we get are people screaming at each other as they debate and/or react to dumb crap for our entertainment. ESPN isnt going to discuss actual strategy because they believe the audience will be bored or confused. News (both sides) isn't going to discuss actual news because they believe their audience will be bored or confused.
PrimeMinister

Postby Corsair » Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:44 pm

Ken Carson wrote:

Crazy.

No doubt, there can be improvement for certain outlets.

First CNN needs to get rid of the panel discussions with people like Jeffrey Lord and Kayleigh McEnany. It's never more than a disgusting display of arguing the inarguable.

Second outlets like FoxNews need to be held accountable. They have been spreading lies and hurtful conspiracy theories for over a decade. You want to know where the genesis of this "Opposition Research News" comes from look no further than Fox's portrayal of Obama.

But I am here to tell you, we are in a golden age of print journalism and investigatory reporting. There has been a great influx of stories exposing the truth about this administration. These are the stories that Trump calls "fake news" and the republicans eat it up. But I'm here to tell you they are true, these things are indeed happening. The President and his administration are under investigation, he did fire the Director of the FBI because of the Russia Investigation, and Robert Mueller is hiring a team of FARA, RICO, FinCen, and corruption lawyers for a reason. This is not fake news.

I barely watch CNN anymore, which is a big change from 2 years ago. But I read the NYT and Washington Post now, and that has been great journalism.

But the attacks of the fourth estate by an authoritarian President are dangerous and go beyond real criticism. Trump is harming our free press. There's a reason why it was our first amendment.
Corsair

Postby Rocker » Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:05 pm

Someone's a little dramatic today.
Rocker

Postby Brazen331 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:09 pm

Rocker wrote:Someone's a little dramatic today.

He is our very own Rachel Maddow. He really should consider replacing Morrisey's photo with Maddow's. It you go immediately from watching her program to reading a Corsair post you get a seamless, Slavic transition. Russia, Russia, Russia..
Brazen331

Postby Corsair » Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:05 pm

It's impossible to have a discussion with these babies.

Any time we get close to reality their default reaction is "Why u so mad, tho?"
Corsair

Postby beardmcdoug » Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:15 pm

Agreed, Corsair - pretty weak responses to a good post
beardmcdoug

Postby mdb1958 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:38 pm

The reason the TV news acts the way they do IS because of all the BS on the internet. Again Corsair is clueless.
mdb1958

Postby mdb1958 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:49 pm

Brazen331 wrote:
Rocker wrote:Someone's a little dramatic today.

He is our very own Rachel Maddow. He really should consider replacing Morrisey's photo with Maddow's. It you go immediately from watching her program to reading a Corsair post you get a seamless, Slavic transition. Russia, Russia, Russia..

It blows me away, with all the paid whack jobs! I dont like either side doing it, I think its a disgrace to the citizens of the United States of America. The ones that are capable of feeling that way...
mdb1958

PreviousNext

Return to Politics and Religion