Random Political News

A Place to respectfully discuss those topics that you should never discuss.
Re: Random Political News

Postby HamBone » Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:43 am

MJW wrote:John Quincy Adams: "If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader."

Abraham Lincoln: "Those who deny freedom to others deserve it not for themselves."

Harry Truman: "America was not built on fear. America was built on courage, on imagination and an unbeatable determination to do the job at hand."

Ronald Reagan: "Let us ask ourselves, 'What kind of people do we think we are?' And let us answer, 'Free people, worthy of freedom and determined not only to remain so but to help others gain their freedom as well.'"

Donald Trump: "“Let’s say I’m debating Pocahontas, right?” he said. “I promise you I’ll do this, you know those little kits they sell on television for $2? ‘Learn your heritage.’ … I’m going to get one of those little kits, and, in the middle of the debate, when she proclaims she’s of Indian heritage — because her mother said she has high cheekbones, that’s her only evidence, that her mother said she had high cheekbones — we will take that little kit, and say — but we have to do it gently, because we’re in the #MeToo generation, so we have to be very gentle — and we will very gently take that kit and we will slowly toss it, hoping it doesn’t hit her and injure her arm, even though it only weighs probably 2 ounces, and we will say, ‘I will give you a million dollars for your favorite charity, paid for by Trump, if you take the test and it shows you’re an Indian.'”

The idea that American politics has recently moved into the gutters...and all the precious Presidents were honorable, dignified men is laughable at best.

Is President Trump braggadocious, crass, etc...sure. But, all these people acting like he is the first President to fit that mold...or even the worst...is silly.
HamBone

Postby Ken Carson » Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:51 am

HamBone wrote:
MJW wrote:John Quincy Adams: "If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader."

Abraham Lincoln: "Those who deny freedom to others deserve it not for themselves."

Harry Truman: "America was not built on fear. America was built on courage, on imagination and an unbeatable determination to do the job at hand."

Ronald Reagan: "Let us ask ourselves, 'What kind of people do we think we are?' And let us answer, 'Free people, worthy of freedom and determined not only to remain so but to help others gain their freedom as well.'"

Donald Trump: "“Let’s say I’m debating Pocahontas, right?” he said. “I promise you I’ll do this, you know those little kits they sell on television for $2? ‘Learn your heritage.’ … I’m going to get one of those little kits, and, in the middle of the debate, when she proclaims she’s of Indian heritage — because her mother said she has high cheekbones, that’s her only evidence, that her mother said she had high cheekbones — we will take that little kit, and say — but we have to do it gently, because we’re in the #MeToo generation, so we have to be very gentle — and we will very gently take that kit and we will slowly toss it, hoping it doesn’t hit her and injure her arm, even though it only weighs probably 2 ounces, and we will say, ‘I will give you a million dollars for your favorite charity, paid for by Trump, if you take the test and it shows you’re an Indian.'”

The idea that American politics has recently moved into the gutters...and all the precious Presidents were honorable, dignified men is laughable at best.

Is President Trump braggadocious, crass, etc...sure. But, all these people acting like he is the first President to fit that mold...or even the worst...is silly.

Sad!
Ken Carson

Postby bucfanclw » Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:06 am

"I have broken more Elton John records, he seems to have a lot of records. And I, by the way, I don't have a musical instrument. I don't have a guitar or an organ. No organ. Elton has an organ. And lots of other people helping. No we've broken a lot of records. We've broken virtually every record. Because you know, look I only need this space. They need much more room. For basketball, for hockey and all of the sports, they need a lot of room. We don't need it. We have people in that space. So we break all of these records. Really we do it without like, the musical instruments. This is the only musical: the mouth. And hopefully the brain attached to the mouth. Right? The brain, more important than the mouth, is the brain...."

-President Donald J. Trump
bucfanclw

Postby Buc2 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:05 am

deltbucs wrote:
Buc2 wrote:A true American this Mr. Davidson. Doing his country proud.

**** that guy

Didn't think I needed to color that blue, but I fixed it for future reference.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:14 am

Man down!
Mountaineer Buc

Postby bucfanclw » Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:23 am

Buc2 wrote:
deltbucs wrote:**** that guy

Whether you were being sarcastic or not, which seemed obvious you were, delt's comment would still stand.
bucfanclw

Postby Buc2 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:02 am

Fine by me. Wasn't sure, so covered my bases.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby deltbucs » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:51 am

Buc2 wrote:
deltbucs wrote:**** that guy

I was agreeing with yuou
deltbucs

Postby deltbucs » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:55 am

HamBone wrote:

Low-IQ individual. Honestly, somewhere in the mid-60s, I believe.
deltbucs

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:21 am

deltbucs wrote:
HamBone wrote:

I honestly think he's suffering from some sort of early stage dementia. If you watch his infamous Oprah interview from 1988 he's so much sharper and much more thoughtful in his remarks. The man didn't snap one day and lose all sense of decorum, he's deteriorated over time.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby uscbucsfan » Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:23 am

deltbucs wrote:
HamBone wrote:

I mean, it's not the most outlandish thing he's said. Waters is as ridiculous as Trump.
uscbucsfan

Postby Buc2 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:48 am

deltbucs wrote:
Buc2 wrote:

I was agreeing with yuou

Yeah...That happens so infrequently, I was thrown off. heh
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:39 am

I fuckin' love this guy.

I remember when he got beaten with a pipe during his state senate campaign. Wasn't in my district, but was happy to see him win. Now he's looking to go to congress and I couldn't be happier. I bet he wins running away.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby uscbucsfan » Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:32 pm

Were you super happy with him when he supported Trump?
uscbucsfan

Postby deltbucs » Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:05 pm

uscbucsfan wrote:
deltbucs wrote:Low-IQ individual. Honestly, somewhere in the mid-60s, I believe.

I mean, it's not the most outlandish thing he's said. Waters is as ridiculous as Trump.

Yes, I hope she rots in hell, too. I just wanted to keep with the quotes from the same pep rally.
deltbucs

Postby MJW » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:16 pm

and we will very gently take that kit and we will slowly toss it, hoping it doesn’t hit her and injure her arm, even though it only weighs probably 2 ounces,

This was the part that got me. It seriously sounds like something a dull first grader would say.

"I hope that didn't hurt your widdle arm even though it weight like 2 ounces, you baby!"

It makes absolutely no sense, unless Warren has been complaining about an arm injury inflicted by the GOP. It's bizarre in it's specificity (why not, say, 3 ounches?) And it's stupid.
MJW

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:00 pm

uscbucsfan wrote:Were you super happy with him when he supported Trump?

I figured him a Republican at the time. But it isn't right to assault a man running for office. Oddly, I remember the local news didn't specify his party affiliation.

What I like about him is his courage to push past the BS and go for an agenda that helps his people.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby mdb1958 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:20 am

mdb1958

Postby RedLeader » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:18 pm

After a joint effort by U.S. and Afghani forces that started in April, Islamic State’s capital in Afghanistan has been captured. The capital, Deh Bala, lies on the border of Afghanistan and Pakistan. Roughly 170 terrorists were killed in the operation, which was mounted by roughly 600 American Green Berets and three Afghan commando companies; the Americans and Afghans reported they suffered no casualties...

Fuckin-a.
RedLeader

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:20 pm

RedLeader wrote:After a joint effort by U.S. and Afghani forces that started in April, Islamic State’s capital in Afghanistan has been captured. The capital, Deh Bala, lies on the border of Afghanistan and Pakistan. Roughly 170 terrorists were killed in the operation, which was mounted by roughly 600 American Green Berets and three Afghan commando companies; the Americans and Afghans reported they suffered no casualties...

Fuckin-a.

Out-fucking-standing.

Let's end that war on a high note.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Buc2 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:19 am

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
RedLeader wrote:After a joint effort by U.S. and Afghani forces that started in April, Islamic State’s capital in Afghanistan has been captured. The capital, Deh Bala, lies on the border of Afghanistan and Pakistan. Roughly 170 terrorists were killed in the operation, which was mounted by roughly 600 American Green Berets and three Afghan commando companies; the Americans and Afghans reported they suffered no casualties...

Fuckin-a.

Out-fucking-standing.

Let's end that war on a high note.

I'm all for that, MB.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:35 pm

Texas couple considering divorce to help pay for daughter's health care costs
Wednesday, July 11, 2018 05:56AM
SANGER, Texas (KTRK) --
A north Texas couple is considering a divorce to help pay for their daughter's health care costs.

Jake and Maria Grey have been married for nine years.

Their 6-year-old daughter Brighton has Wolf-Hirschhorn Syndrome, a rare chromosomal disorder that requires full-time care. Developmentally, Brighton is still a baby. She has hearing and vision impairment and seizures.

"You know when you have a newborn, everything gets really stressful. You really have to adapt to someone needing you 24-7 all the time. We've had a newborn for six and a half years," Maria told WFAA.

The couple's family said they spend $15,000 a year on her medical expenses and with the father's $40,000 salary, they don't qualify for Medicaid, which has now left their family financially fragile.

The couple is making an extreme decision about their marriage to help with all the medical bills.

"It would just be to get a divorce. It would be to not be together to get our child what we need," Maria said.

By divorcing, Maria would become a single, jobless mother of two and would qualify for Medicaid to help with their finances immediately.

The couple fears they have no choice.

"It's morally wrong, I feel like, and I think it's conflicting for me too, because I feel like what's happening to us is morally wrong," Jake said.

"We promised to each other and to her that we'd do whatever we could do to make her life, however long she's going to be with us, as good as possible," Maria said.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby PrimeMinister » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:24 pm

They should get the divorce and not feel morally wrong about it. Do what you need to do to save your kid.
PrimeMinister

Postby Zarniwoop » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:28 pm

Yes to me it seems like the greatest moral responsibility they have in their life is to their kid...but if their religion comes first I can understand that as well (if they believe in the eternal light of the Lord and feel the only way to get into it is to keep their sacramental vows I understand that decision ... many have chosen poor lots on earth for eternal salvation)

It sucks sometimes in life we have to choose between 2 awful things.
Zarniwoop

Postby The Outsider » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:41 pm

And that's the stuff about having kids that scares the **** out of me.
The Outsider

Postby Zarniwoop » Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:07 pm

The Outsider wrote:And that's the stuff about having kids that scares the **** out of me.

My dad lost his brother while his brother was a teenager. My grandparents never got over it. For the rest of their lives they cried at every single meal when they said their prayers. They cried every night when they went to bed till the day they died.

I can't imagine anything worse than watching one of your children suffer/die
Zarniwoop

Postby Zarniwoop » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:48 pm

how about this....Bernie and I agree on something!!

That would be a good start...so would

1.) Letting us purchase health insurance with almost no restrictions
2.) Retooling the patent system for medication
3.) Figuring out how to get US drug companies not use our money to supplement cheaper drug costs across the world
Zarniwoop

Postby uscbucsfan » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:03 pm

Zarniwoop wrote:2.) Retooling the patent system for medication

In what way?

Answer that for 2 and 3...
uscbucsfan

Postby Zarniwoop » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:16 pm

I remember researching this once but I can’t remember the exact detail on the nature of pharma patents as to how long they were for, I think 20 or 25 years. I remember thinking that they could be reduced a bit without hurting the incentive for R&D while simultaneously getting generics to market quicker and easier.

Also ... if i recall there was an idea of making patents shorter but not stating their “clock” till the meds cleared testing and went to market. If I recall patents are now given before late level testing has shown the meds are actually viable

Is that vague enough? Lol. I’m too tired to look deeper right now
Zarniwoop

Postby RedLeader » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:23 am

“Ladies, if you want an abortion... GET ONE!”

RedLeader

PreviousNext

Return to Politics and Religion