Random Political News

A Place to respectfully discuss those topics that you should never discuss.
Re: Random Political News

Postby uscbucsfan » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:18 am

Also, on a different note and one I consider to be political...

The Fritz Pollard Alliance is calling for the NFL to investigate whether the Raiders hiring of Gruden was a violation of the Rooney rule. The Raiders interviewed two minority candidates, but the group is citing the press conference when Davis said he knew Gruden was "all-in" as far back as Christmas Eve. The group contends that if Davis had already made a decision or reached a verbal agreement before interviewing a minority candidate, the rule is violated. At that point the Raiders had not fired Del Rio, so no one was being formally interviewed.

I brought this here because it is Political. The conversation almost always devolves into, "The Rooney Rule is racist". While racist isn't an accurate description of this, it is discriminatory in nature and is often insulting. In this particular instance, Gruden is an individual that many teams, especially the Raiders, have coveted for years. If he was interested, of course he is their choice. They did the whole song and dance of "we don't know" until they interviewed minority candidates just like the rule requires. If Bill Belichick called the Glazers and said he wants to coach the Bucs and to make it happen there would be some sort of agreement made to set things in motion of us firing Koetter, Bill not taking other interviews, etc. We would then be in violation of the Rooney Rule, even if we did the token interviews.

I'm sure this will be discussed at some point in TD, but we have more freedom to jump to AA or whatever down here...or it can just sink and die in Random Political News.
uscbucsfan

Postby NYBF » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:01 am

I feel like this has happened before (maybe a couple times), and when the investigation is said and done, nothing happens to the team.
NYBF

Postby Buc2 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:11 am

This is an actual Congressional district...

Maryland's 3rd congressional district
Maryland's 3rd congressional district is a congressional district in the state of Maryland. It comprises portions of Baltimore, Howard, Montgomery and Anne Arundel counties, as well as a significant part of the independent city of Baltimore. Wikipedia
Area: 292.7 mi²
Current Representative: John Sarbanes (D–Towson)
Population (2000): 662,062
Cook PVI: D+13
Median income: 52,906
Ethnicity: 77.3% White; 16.3% Black; 3.2% Asian; 2.9% Hispanic; 0.3% Native American; 1.1% other
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Zarniwoop » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:05 am

That’s all too common
Zarniwoop

Postby DreadNaught » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:51 am

NYBF wrote:I feel like this has happened before (maybe a couple times), and when the investigation is said and done, nothing happens to the team.

Nor should it most cases. The intent of the Rooney Rule is to promote the hiring of minority candidates by ensuring they are included in the interview process, by doing so it is getting their name promoted around league circles. The Raiders did announce they interviewed Tee Martin, and I wouldn't doubt there was another minority candidate interviewed to appease the Rooney Rule.

The Raiders were the first NFL franchise to hire a black HC in Art Shell iirc, and currently are one of only a few franchises that employ a black GM in Reggie McKenzie. I would challenge the Fritz Pollard Alliance to find another NFL organization that has done more to promote the advancement of minorities in high level coaching and FO positions than the Raiders have.

When a coveted candidate like Gruden becomes available a franchise has every right to put that person at the top of the priority list and shouldn't have to lie about. But that seems to be the issue the Fritz Pollard Alliance has here with the Raiders. Let's hypothetically say that Bill Belichick decides to leave the Patriots this offseason but wanted to be Head Coach elsewhere, are we really suppose to pretend that teams should not pursue him just so they can interview a far less qualified minority candidate? That seems absurd imo. Sorry Bill, we really want to hire you but first we have to make sure Tee Martin wouldn't be a better fit for the franchise.
DreadNaught

Postby DreadNaught » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:35 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

So it's not all pink on the inside?
DreadNaught

Postby Zarniwoop » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:19 pm

Walmart decided to shut a bunch of Sams Clubs ... employees at several of the stores didn’t know about the stores were closing till they showed up for work and the stores were locked. They were given no advance notice to start looking for other jobs or to prepare for a lack of paycheck.

http://www.khou.com/mobile/article/news ... ?sdkjhsdks

Yet I doubt this news garners enough dissatisfaction to even have a .1% impact on Walmart’s bottom line. People need to buy cheap **** I guess
Zarniwoop

Postby DreadNaught » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:42 pm

Zarniwoop wrote:Walmart decided to shut a bunch of Sams Clubs ... employees at several of the stores didn’t know about the stores were closing till they showed up for work and the stores were locked. They were given no advance notice to start looking for other jobs or to prepare for a lack of paycheck.

Yet I doubt this news garners enough dissatisfaction to even have a .1% impact on Walmart’s bottom line. People need to buy cheap **** I guess

Same day Wal-Mart promoted giving out bonuses and raising wages they also closed some of their Sams Clubs.

I panicked for a second when reading the news, but saw my Sams Club was unaffected. However the one on S Dale Mabry closed.
DreadNaught

Postby NYBF » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:54 pm

DreadNaught wrote:
Zarniwoop wrote:Walmart decided to shut a bunch of Sams Clubs ... employees at several of the stores didn’t know about the stores were closing till they showed up for work and the stores were locked. They were given no advance notice to start looking for other jobs or to prepare for a lack of paycheck.

Same day Wal-Mart promoted giving out bonuses and raising wages they also closed some of their Sams Clubs.

I panicked for a second when reading the news, but saw my Sams Club was unaffected. However the one on S Dale Mabry closed.

Absolutely brilliant job by them. Store closures barely making a blip because of the bonuses / raises.
NYBF

Postby Zarniwoop » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:13 pm

I’ve got no issue with them closing stores if they weren’t profitable ... it’s the way they did it that is ridiculous

We shopped ourselves into a world of hurt with Walmart and Target.

And we are doing it again, only worse, with Amazon
Zarniwoop

Postby Zarniwoop » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:45 pm

Lol....**** hole countries
Zarniwoop

Postby PrimeMinister » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:24 pm

President Trump grew frustrated with lawmakers Thursday in the Oval Office when they discussed protecting immigrants from Haiti, El Salvador and African countries as part of a bipartisan immigration deal, according to several people briefed on the meeting.

"Why are we having all these people from shithole countries come here?" Trump said, according to these people, referring to countries mentioned by the lawmakers.

Why is he so damn dumb?
PrimeMinister

Postby beardmcdoug » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:40 pm

LOL
beardmcdoug

Postby Brazen331 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:41 am

PrimeMinister wrote:
President Trump grew frustrated with lawmakers Thursday in the Oval Office when they discussed protecting immigrants from Haiti, El Salvador and African countries as part of a bipartisan immigration deal, according to several people briefed on the meeting.

"Why are we having all these people from shithole countries come here?" Trump said, according to these people, referring to countries mentioned by the lawmakers.

Why is he so damn dumb?

I know, does he not know that we’ve prioritized immigrants from shithole countries since 1965 and the Kennedy immigration bill? Does he really not know that the whole purpose of our immigration policy is to add voters to the Democrat party? What a stupid question.

But seriously, he says this **** on purpose. He spends the first 5 or 6 hours everyday watching TV in the residence and he wants to control the narrative. I think he just wanted to wake up this morning and listen to Joe and Mika talk about Trump and shithole countries from 6-9 AM.
Brazen331

Postby beardmcdoug » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:26 am

Brazen's not wrong... everybody would do themselves a favor by researching the history of immigration policy in the US and our forefathers' opinions on maintaining the health of the democracy

A post I made a while back about this:

http://buczone.com/viewtopic.php?p=176899#p176899
beardmcdoug

Postby uscbucsfan » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:49 am

Zarniwoop wrote:Lol....**** hole countries

It's funny because it's true.

This is one of the least surprising comments made by Trump. Funny how people are running with it, but I guess they are no longer talking about the Medicaid change.
uscbucsfan

Postby Brazen331 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:32 am

What might really be going on here...Trump tends to throw red meat to his hard-care base when he is about to do something that will piss them off. I’m thinking he’s going to cave on DACA.
Brazen331

Postby Buc2 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:09 am

Yeah. Trump is so dumb. :roll: False. The people that constantly grab at the candy he tosses out are the dumb ones. Well, not so much dumb. More like, predictable.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby deltbucs » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:49 pm

Buc2 wrote:Yeah. Trump is so dumb. :roll: False. The people that constantly grab at the candy he tosses out are the dumb ones. Well, not so much dumb. More like, predictable.

And the other dumb ones are, of course, the ones that thinks Trump gives a single **** about this country or anyone but himself.
deltbucs

Postby Commander Bubbles » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:58 pm

deltbucs wrote:
Buc2 wrote:Yeah. Trump is so dumb. :roll: False. The people that constantly grab at the candy he tosses out are the dumb ones. Well, not so much dumb. More like, predictable.

And the other dumb ones are, of course, the ones that thinks any politician gives a single **** about this country or anyone other than themselves.

FTFY
Commander Bubbles

Postby bucfanclw » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:09 pm

Wharf Rat wrote:
deltbucs wrote:And the other dumb ones are, of course, the ones that thinks any politician gives a single **** about this country or anyone other than themselves.

FTFY

Both sides are bad, so vote Republican!
bucfanclw

Postby uscbucsfan » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:16 pm

bucfanclw wrote:
Wharf Rat wrote:
FTFY

Both sides are bad, so vote Republican!

More like both sides are bad so vote which ever side most closely aligns with ideologies you find important...or vote 3rd party/don't vote.
uscbucsfan

Postby Buc2 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:31 pm

uscbucsfan wrote:
bucfanclw wrote:Both sides are bad, so vote Republican!

More like both sides are bad so vote which ever side most closely aligns with ideologies you find important...or vote 3rd party/don't vote.

Trump is definitely not a politician. Even though he ran as a Republican, he was pretty much 3rd party. He would never have won had he run as a 3rd party/independent.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby uscbucsfan » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:50 pm

Buc2 wrote:
uscbucsfan wrote:

Trump is definitely not a politician. Even though he ran as a Republican, he was pretty much 3rd party. He would never have won had he run as a 3rd party/independent.

He ran as a Republican on Republican ideologies and campaigned to a Republican base.

Just because he didn't fit right in the exact mold of the GOP does not mean he was 3rd party.

I would agree that Trump as a person doesn't believe most of that stuff, but that's another topic.
uscbucsfan

Postby Buc2 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:12 pm

uscbucsfan wrote:
Buc2 wrote:Trump is definitely not a politician. Even though he ran as a Republican, he was pretty much 3rd party. He would never have won had he run as a 3rd party/independent.

He ran as a Republican on Republican ideologies and campaigned to a Republican base.

Just because he didn't fit right in the exact mold of the GOP does not mean he was 3rd party.

I would agree that Trump as a person doesn't believe most of that stuff, but that's another topic.

Yeah... He definitely ran for and campaigned to the party that he felt would give him the most votes.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Zarniwoop » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:30 pm

He’s as conservative as most of the other dipshits that ran
Zarniwoop

Postby NYBF » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:44 pm

Buc2 wrote:
uscbucsfan wrote:

NYBF

Postby Betsy » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:02 pm

Buc2 wrote:Yeah... He definitely ran for and campaigned to the party that he felt would make him the most money.

There. Fixed it for you.
Betsy

Postby sanka » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:49 pm

Trump is playing the media like a violin ...He is shifting attention from Michael Woff ...meanwhile China is continuing to ascend itself to be the next sole Superpower.
"History is a set of lies agreed upon." - Napoleon
sanka

Postby sanka » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:46 pm

uscbucsfan wrote:
Zarniwoop wrote:Lol....**** hole countries

It's funny because it's true.

No **** lol....He should attack leaders not countries or continents.

But why the **** would Norwegians want to immigrate here when they have nearly free college tuition, free healthcare, everyone can see each other taxes? :lol:
"History is a set of lies agreed upon." - Napoleon
sanka

PreviousNext

Return to Politics and Religion