A politics forum for the most Republican Fan base in the NFL
Re: **OFFICIAL 'FORTY-FIVE' DISCUSSION THREAD**

Postby PetePierson » Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:37 am

I'm excited for Chefie to defend this:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/compani ... li=BBnbfcL
PetePierson

Postby Jason Bourne » Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:16 am

MJW wrote:So...I'm still waiting for a clear answer on that question about what evil Trump has done legislatively. There were a lot of responses, but none of them actually answered the question directly.

Hint: if you have to go with, "he didn't sign the same legislation a Democrat would have!" you're doing it wrong.

I answered dumbass , he banned Muslims and a lot where at the airport or flying midair . Total cluster ****

Took us out of the Paris agreement

Cancelled Iran deal.

To name a few
Last edited by Jason Bourne on Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jason Bourne

Postby PetePierson » Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:23 am

Jason Bourne wrote: he banned Muslims and a lot where at the airport of flying midair . Total cluster ****.

What? No Muslim has been allowed in this country since he was elected?

Btw, I would be fine with this although our IT departments would probably take a hit, though most likely way easier to understand & smell better.
PetePierson

Postby Jason Bourne » Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:42 am

PetePierson wrote:
Jason Bourne wrote: he banned Muslims and a lot where at the airport of flying midair . Total cluster ****.

What? No Muslim has been allowed in this country since he was elected?

Btw, I would be fine with this although our IT departments would probably take a hit, though most likely way easier to understand & smell better.

Muslims are people too, and the wives don't mind sharing
Jason Bourne

Postby bucfanclw » Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:07 am

MJW wrote:So...I'm still waiting for a clear answer on that question about what evil Trump has done legislatively. There were a lot of responses, but none of them actually answered the question directly.

Hint: if you have to go with, "he didn't sign the same legislation a Democrat would have!" you're doing it wrong.

Because when I ask the same question in reverse, it's decried as being a terrible question since the President doesn't do things legislatively. So again, you're trying to frame your question to say that one can only legitimately not like Trump based on something he doesn't really do, and put aside all the crap that he actually does or his inability to get certain things done.

Has he fixed healthcare as promised? Not even with both houses of Congress, but that's supposedly the Dems fault.

Has Mexico in any way paid for the wall that he keeps siphoning billions out of the military budget for? Nope... but once again, somehow Dem's fault

I could go on, but it won't matter.
bucfanclw

Postby TheChefO » Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:48 am

PetePierson wrote:I'm excited for Chefie to defend this:

Easy.

Islamic terrorists have no protection of our constitution as they are not US citizens.

He's also correct that Apple is unworthy of preferential treatment on trade.
TheChefO

Postby PetePierson » Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:50 am

TheChefO wrote:

Easy.

Islamic terrorists have no protection of our constitution as they are not US citizens.

Right....not a slippery slope at all. Guess you learned nothing from your boy Ashcroft's Patriot Act.

But thank you for not disappointing.
PetePierson

Postby bucfanclw » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:01 am

PetePierson wrote:
TheChefO wrote:
Easy.

Right....not a slippery slope at all. Guess you learned nothing from your boy Ashcroft's Patriot Act.

Here's the keys for the Jag in case you want to listen to the radio, but I'm trusting you not to drive it anywhere.

In chef's mind, that's fine because Trump or his surrogates will be POTUS forever.
bucfanclw

Postby TheChefO » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:38 am

bucfanclw wrote:
PetePierson wrote:

Here's the keys for the Jag in case you want to listen to the radio, but I'm trusting you not to drive it anywhere.

In chef's mind, that's fine because Trump or his surrogates will be POTUS forever.

:lol:

Tough for some to come to grips with, but not everything wrong with our Country or government policy is Trump's fault.

@Pete,
I'll take that one a step further, those guys shouldn't have been here in our Country to begin with. Trump was late in getting them kicked out.
TheChefO

Postby NavyBuc » Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:23 am

bucfanclw wrote:

Because when I ask the same question in reverse, it's decried as being a terrible question since the President doesn't do things legislatively. So again, you're trying to frame your question to say that one can only legitimately not like Trump based on something he doesn't really do, and put aside all the crap that he actually does or his inability to get certain things done.

Has he fixed healthcare as promised? Not even with both houses of Congress, but that's supposedly the Dems fault.

Has Mexico in any way paid for the wall that he keeps siphoning billions out of the military budget for? Nope... but once again, somehow Dem's fault

But isn't this the same for every President? Every President makes promises and those promises get buried when they're elected. It was the same thing with Obama, Bush, and Clinton. Trump should have had healthcare, though. I love John McCain and thought he was mistreated by the President, but voting against it because just to spite Trump was not his finest moment.

But MJW makes a good point. People hate Trump because they don't like what he says or tweets. It has nothing to do with policy for MOST. Not saying for all, but for most. They did a man on the street last year (yes, granted it was Fox) and they asked people who didn't like Trump what policy of his do they disagree with and most responses were "Uhh...ummm..the ummmm..." Yeah. One person even said his twitter policy.

In other words, Democrats treat Trump like they did Bush and Republicans treated Obama. They don't like him because he has the opposite letter in front of his name that they want. And so they find things they don't like about him and rip him to death. But it goes back to my point. Politics and elections, unfortunately, are not about satisfying the other party. It's about satisfying YOUR party. If you win and motivate your base, you win elections. And Trump has that going for him. The Republicans LOVE him like Democrats LOVED Obama. And the ones that don't love him but can at least tolerate him (which is where I fall) because he has the economy going strong and has nominated Supreme Court justices to their liking.
NavyBuc

Postby bucfanclw » Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:13 pm

NavyBuc wrote:
bucfanclw wrote:Because when I ask the same question in reverse, it's decried as being a terrible question since the President doesn't do things legislatively. So again, you're trying to frame your question to say that one can only legitimately not like Trump based on something he doesn't really do, and put aside all the crap that he actually does or his inability to get certain things done.

But isn't this the same for every President? Every President makes promises and those promises get buried when they're elected. It was the same thing with Obama, Bush, and Clinton. Trump should have had healthcare, though. I love John McCain and thought he was mistreated by the President, but voting against it because just to spite Trump was not his finest moment.

But MJW makes a good point. People hate Trump because they don't like what he says or tweets. It has nothing to do with policy for MOST. Not saying for all, but for most. They did a man on the street last year (yes, granted it was Fox) and they asked people who didn't like Trump what policy of his do they disagree with and most responses were "Uhh...ummm..the ummmm..." Yeah. One person even said his twitter policy.

In other words, Democrats treat Trump like they did Bush and Republicans treated Obama. They don't like him because he has the opposite letter in front of his name that they want. And so they find things they don't like about him and rip him to death. But it goes back to my point. Politics and elections, unfortunately, are not about satisfying the other party. It's about satisfying YOUR party. If you win and motivate your base, you win elections. And Trump has that going for him. The Republicans LOVE him like Democrats LOVED Obama. And the ones that don't love him but can at least tolerate him (which is where I fall) because he has the economy going strong and has nominated Supreme Court justices to their liking.

I understand all this. It was kind of my point. I don't know why people on the left are expected to produce exact policies for why they don't like Trump when the other side is not being fairly questioned which policy accomplishments justify why they like Trump so much. I mean I get it, the economy is strong so it's easy to say Trump is doing well, but you can't really point to specific policies that accomplished that so why demand the other side produce specific policies to determine whether their reason is "worthy" to dislike Trump?
bucfanclw

Postby Jason Bourne » Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:14 pm

TheChefO wrote:
bucfanclw wrote:Here's the keys for the Jag in case you want to listen to the radio, but I'm trusting you not to drive it anywhere.

Tough for some to come to grips with, but not everything wrong with our Country or government policy is Trump's fault.

@Pete,
I'll take that one a step further, those guys shouldn't have been here in our Country to begin with. Trump was late in getting them kicked out.

so what is your issue with Muslims again ?
and why?
Jason Bourne

Postby RedLeader » Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:22 pm

bucfanclw wrote:
NavyBuc wrote:

I understand all this. It was kind of my point. I don't know why people on the left are expected to produce exact policies for why they don't like Trump when the other side is not being fairly questioned which policy accomplishments justify why they like Trump so much. I mean I get it, the economy is strong so it's easy to say Trump is doing well, but you can't really point to specific policies that accomplished that so why demand the other side produce specific policies to determine whether their reason is "worthy" to dislike Trump?

My guy, the way a proper debate works, a question is asked, a question is answered, and THEN, you can counter with your own question. You basically just answered a question with a question. Deflection noted.

Although I do believe buc2 went ahead and answered yours, for whatever that’s worth.
RedLeader

Postby bucfanclw » Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:37 pm

RedLeader wrote:
bucfanclw wrote:I understand all this. It was kind of my point. I don't know why people on the left are expected to produce exact policies for why they don't like Trump when the other side is not being fairly questioned which policy accomplishments justify why they like Trump so much. I mean I get it, the economy is strong so it's easy to say Trump is doing well, but you can't really point to specific policies that accomplished that so why demand the other side produce specific policies to determine whether their reason is "worthy" to dislike Trump?

My guy, the way a proper debate works, a question is asked, a question is answered, and THEN, you can counter with your own question. You basically just answered a question with a question. Deflection noted.

Although I do believe buc2 went ahead and answered yours, for whatever that’s worth.

Do you not understand that a question's scope can be inherently flawed? Like what if I asked you "what exactly it is about the Bucs' QB situation that makes you a fan?", then I don't expect you to gush about Winston's great interception numbers.
bucfanclw

Postby NavyBuc » Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:39 pm

bucfanclw wrote:
NavyBuc wrote:

Well, I've stated things besides the economy that I like that he's done. I did like his healthcare reform package and I'm not going to blame him for John McCain voting no simply because he didn't like the guy. I like that he's trying to deal with countries that we have burned bridges with in the past and have been ignored by past administrations, like North Korea and China. And I like his border policy and what he's trying to accomplish with it as well as his tougher stance on high-risk individuals being allowed visas into our countries.

The way I see it, from a foreign policy perspective, he's trying to protect America more and deal with our enemies. That's why he's trying to deal with some of these countries with nuclear capabilities, tighten the border, and be tougher on travel restriction. I don't see that as a bad thing. Now are there things I don't like about him? Sure. I didn't agree with the Syria pullout and I do think he needs to work with Boris Johnson and the UN more on toughening nuclear sanctions on Iran. While I like that he's making an effort with NK, I do think he needs to find an in-between between war and cozying up to Kim. But we don't know what's going on behind the scenes with China and the role we are trying to get them to play in negotiations.
NavyBuc

Postby TheChefO » Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:50 pm

Jason Bourne wrote:
TheChefO wrote:

@Pete,

and why?

Seriously though, my post was about the idiocy of training foreigners on our military bases. Especially ones with a higher than typical likelihood of having anti-American sentiment.

For the rest, read the Koran and Hadith ... learn about what Mohammad and his followers did. Learn about how they are taught to "get to heaven/paradise". After doing so, the actions of "radicals" becomes much more understandable.
TheChefO

Postby Jason Bourne » Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:55 pm

TheChefO wrote:
Jason Bourne wrote:
and why?

Seriously though, my post was about the idiocy of training foreigners on our military bases. Especially ones with a higher than typical likelihood of having anti-American sentiment.

For the rest, read the Koran and Hadith ... learn about what Mohammad and his followers did. Learn about how they are taught to "get to heaven/paradise". After doing so, the actions of "radicals" becomes much more understandable.

I travel alot, singapore,malaysia and indonesia. Muslims are no different than anybody else. Great families and people. super kind.

do you realize 3.5 million muslims live in the US ?
Jason Bourne

Postby RedLeader » Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:01 pm

Jason Bourne wrote:
TheChefO wrote:

I travel alot, singapore,malaysia and indonesia. Muslims are no different than anybody else. Great families and people. super kind.

Why the hell would you want to travel through Asia so much, man... I wonder. Lol.
RedLeader

Postby Jason Bourne » Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:08 pm

chefy
Jason Bourne

Postby Jason Bourne » Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:11 pm

RedLeader wrote:
Jason Bourne wrote:

Why the hell would you want to travel through Asia so much, man... I wonder. Lol.

its awesome, people are respectful and the women are hot af
Jason Bourne

Postby TheChefO » Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:24 pm

Jason Bourne wrote:
TheChefO wrote:

I don't dispute any of that.

Spoiler:
There's a reason every time a radical Islamic terrorist attacks, we hear the exact same catch phrase. They believe if they die while fighting in the name of their God, they are assured entry into Heaven/Paradise. They believe this because it is written in their "holy books". They also believe this is the only guaranteed way to get into "heaven/paradise". Some might look at the actions of certain terrorists and say, "Obviously this person was not a devout religious person. Look at all the stuff they were doing/into." They don't understand the thought process. If one is condemned by their prior actions and deemed destined for eternal damnation ... and then offered only one way out which is "guaranteed" to get them into "heaven/paradise", it isn't illogical for them to do whatever that action is. Other interesting tidbit on that, some believe this "saving grace" can be transferred to others in their family.

A shame they are not taught the saving grace of Jesus which does not require any of that to be saved.
TheChefO

Postby Ken Carson » Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:55 pm

Yeah, I think that is pretty egregious. Rights exist so that they survive when it's inconvenient for the state.
Ken Carson

Postby beardmcdoug » Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:58 pm

Ken Carson wrote:

Yeah, I think that is pretty egregious. Rights exist so that they survive when it's inconvenient for the state.

agreed. bad precedent.
beardmcdoug

Postby bucfanclw » Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:01 pm

beardmcdoug wrote:
Ken Carson wrote:Yeah, I think that is pretty egregious. Rights exist so that they survive when it's inconvenient for the state.

agreed. bad precedent.

Especially when you add in the whole "suspected" criminals. As in, we think you might have committed a crime, so now all your privacy privileges are revoked.
bucfanclw

Postby Selmon Rules » Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:28 pm

TheChefO wrote:
Jason Bourne wrote:
and why?

I have cousins that are Muslim and have spent time with many of their other Muslim relatives.... Not one of them has tried to kill me to get to heaven

You need to get out more....
Sig currently being held hostage by Photobucket, will return next fall
Selmon Rules

Postby Brazen331 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:49 pm

Selmon Rules wrote:
TheChefO wrote:

I have cousins that are Muslim and have spent time with many of their other Muslim relatives.... Not one of them has tried to kill me to get to heaven

There you have it. SR’s Muslim family members have yet to try to kill him to go to heaven. We can extrapolate from this that every single Muslim is just like SR’s cousins.
Brazen331

Postby Jason Bourne » Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:52 pm

Brazen331 wrote:
Selmon Rules wrote:I have cousins that are Muslim and have spent time with many of their other Muslim relatives.... Not one of them has tried to kill me to get to heaven

There you have it. SR’s Muslim family members have yet to try to kill him to go to heaven. We can extrapolate from this that every single Muslim is just like SR’s cousins.

Not every single one , just 99.9 %. Of them
Jason Bourne

Postby Selmon Rules » Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:22 pm

Brazen331 wrote:
Selmon Rules wrote:I have cousins that are Muslim and have spent time with many of their other Muslim relatives.... Not one of them has tried to kill me to get to heaven

There are extremists in every religion or group just like there are idiots on every message board but we still let you post here....

And no, I won't be responding to your next moronic juvenile reply
Sig currently being held hostage by Photobucket, will return next fall
Selmon Rules

Postby Brazen331 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:18 pm

Selmon Rules wrote:
Brazen331 wrote:

There are extremists in every religion or group just like there are idiots on every message board but we still let you post here....

And no, I won't be responding to your next moronic juvenile reply

Well good because you are never able to defend your idiotic takes.
Brazen331

Postby MJW » Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:48 am

bucfanclw wrote:I understand all this. It was kind of my point. I don't know why people on the left are expected to produce exact policies for why they don't like Trump when the other side is not being fairly questioned which policy accomplishments justify why they like Trump so much. I mean I get it, the economy is strong so it's easy to say Trump is doing well, but you can't really point to specific policies that accomplished that so why demand the other side produce specific policies to determine whether their reason is "worthy" to dislike Trump?

I'm a libertarian. I don't judge Presidents by how much they do - rather the opposite. Besides his horrible and destructive trade war and the usual American military adventurism we get from every President, he hasn't done much. It's kind of my point.

Neither the people touting his achievements (the ones you're calling out) nor the people kvetching his evil (the people I'm trying to understand) have much of value to say. Because he's been the loudest, dumbest, grossest caretaker President ever.
MJW

PreviousNext

Return to The Echo Chamber