Random Political News

A Place to respectfully discuss those topics that you should never discuss.
post

Re: Random Political News

Postby Zarniwoop » Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:03 pm

beardmcdoug wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:Trump fired NSA John Bolton.

I'll miss that goofy mustache/eye glasses look. Bolton always reminded me of a cartoon character.


good move, Trump



yep, zero downside to this.
User avatar
Zarniwoop
 
Posts: 12427
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:23 pm
Has thanked: 1201 times
Been thanked: 909 times

Re: Random Political News

Postby Buc2 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:37 pm

Ken Carson wrote:
TheChefO wrote:
I'm afraid I have to agree with BiBL on this one.

With her being the baseline of the party, Ken's rational views are obviously far too wacky and hysterical in comparison.

Enjoy 4 more years of Trump. You've earned it.

I know this is mostly in jest, but there are tons of moderate Democrats. The Democrats that flipped the House were not AOC, Tlaib, Omar and Presley. They all won heavy blue districts.

Abigail Spangenberger won VA’s 7th from a Republican. She is not for Medicare for All. She does not support a gun buyback. She does not support decriminalizing border crossings.

Jennifer Wexton won VA’s 10th from a Republican. She does not support Medicare for All. She does not support a gun buyback. She does not support decriminalizing border crossings.

Same deal for Debbie Mucarsel-Powell. Jeff Van Drew has all that plus an A-rating from the NRA.

I could go on, but it I’ve made my point.

If only we (Virginia) could get one of them to replace Kaine in the Senate. {sigh}
Image
Don't tread on me
User avatar
Buc2
 
Posts: 16166
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:16 pm
Location: America
Has thanked: 1795 times
Been thanked: 903 times

Re: Random Political News

Postby Buc2 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:39 pm

Zarniwoop wrote:
beardmcdoug wrote:
good move, Trump



yep, zero downside to this.

I agree with something Chef said about this elsewhere. That the dog (Bolton) must have been pulling too hard on his leash. Buh-bye, doggie!
Image
Don't tread on me
User avatar
Buc2
 
Posts: 16166
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:16 pm
Location: America
Has thanked: 1795 times
Been thanked: 903 times

Re: Random Political News

Postby TheChefO » Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:23 pm

Zarniwoop wrote:
beardmcdoug wrote:
good move, Trump



yep, zero downside to this.


Curious Zarn, did you vote Romney?
TheChefO
 
Posts: 5779
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:46 am
Has thanked: 1494 times
Been thanked: 316 times

Re: Random Political News

Postby Zarniwoop » Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:29 pm

TheChefO wrote:
Zarniwoop wrote:

yep, zero downside to this.


Curious Zarn, did you vote Romney?



No. In 2012, I wanted and voted for Ron Paul to be the Republican representative in the primary. I voted Johnson in the general.

In 2016, I wanted and voted for Rand Paul to be the Republican representative in the primary, though I thought he ran a shitty campaign. I voted Johnson again in the general.
User avatar
Zarniwoop
 
Posts: 12427
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:23 pm
Has thanked: 1201 times
Been thanked: 909 times

Re: Random Political News

Postby TheChefO » Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:31 pm

Zarniwoop wrote:
TheChefO wrote:
Curious Zarn, did you vote Romney?



No. In 2012, I wanted and voted for Ron Paul to be the Republican representative in the primary. I voted Johnson in the general.

In 2016, I wanted and voted for Rand Paul to be the Republican representative in the primary, though I thought he ran a shitty campaign. I voted Johnson again in the general.


Seeing/knowing what Ron/Rand Paul were for, how do you think their presidency would have gone thus far?

What accomplishments do you think they would have had in 4 years?
TheChefO
 
Posts: 5779
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:46 am
Has thanked: 1494 times
Been thanked: 316 times

Re: Random Political News

Postby Zarniwoop » Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:34 pm

I don’t think either would have been very successful at implementing their changes beyond a few things — tax cuts, reducing regulations and withdrawing troops being their biggest accomplishments. I doubt they would have been able to get much reduction in spending or the ABC organizations
User avatar
Zarniwoop
 
Posts: 12427
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:23 pm
Has thanked: 1201 times
Been thanked: 909 times

Re: Random Political News

Postby TheChefO » Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:40 pm

Zarniwoop wrote:I don’t think either would have been very successful at implementing their changes beyond a few things — tax cuts, reducing regulations and withdrawing troops being their biggest accomplishments. I doubt they would have been able to get much reduction in spending or the ABC organizations


So pretty similar to Trump's accomplishments, right?
TheChefO
 
Posts: 5779
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:46 am
Has thanked: 1494 times
Been thanked: 316 times

Re: Random Political News

Postby Zarniwoop » Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:48 pm

Sure some of the benefits are the same but they suffer none of Trump’s bad policy decisions on trade, immigration, executive overreach, etc....not any of his stupid talk which influences culture on stuff like free speech, using govt to influence the FED, using the bully pulpit to pressure businesses,
User avatar
Zarniwoop
 
Posts: 12427
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:23 pm
Has thanked: 1201 times
Been thanked: 909 times

Re: Random Political News

Postby TheChefO » Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:01 pm

Zarniwoop wrote:Sure some of the benefits are the same but they suffer none of Trump’s bad policy decisions on trade...


Speaking of, I wonder how far along China would be in their 2025 plan?

...using govt to influence the FED


Spoiler:
Image
TheChefO
 
Posts: 5779
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:46 am
Has thanked: 1494 times
Been thanked: 316 times

Re: Random Political News

Postby mdb1958 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:08 am

Zarni sure holds tight to those great trade practices. He wants to portrait our policy's as a tiny little problem.
mdb1958
 
Posts: 13407
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:11 pm
Has thanked: 207 times
Been thanked: 156 times

Re: Random Political News

Postby mdb1958 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:11 am

If you want to see how global money is at work on the Pubs -------------------- just check out how many are retiring. A betting man will see many jacked up paying jobs being doled out.

Gotta take care of the family, get lil suzie and johnie into Harvard...
mdb1958
 
Posts: 13407
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:11 pm
Has thanked: 207 times
Been thanked: 156 times

Re: Random Political News

Postby mdb1958 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:14 am

Mr X, welcome to the club, you are making a smart decision.
mdb1958
 
Posts: 13407
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:11 pm
Has thanked: 207 times
Been thanked: 156 times

Re: Random Political News

Postby mdb1958 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:15 am

Headlight's on the hill flash seven times...
mdb1958
 
Posts: 13407
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:11 pm
Has thanked: 207 times
Been thanked: 156 times

Re: Random Political News

Postby MJW » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:11 am

Zarniwoop wrote:Sure some of the benefits are the same but they suffer none of Trump’s bad policy decisions on trade, immigration, executive overreach, etc....not any of his stupid talk which influences culture on stuff like free speech, using govt to influence the FED, using the bully pulpit to pressure businesses,


It's a delightful irony.

Trump got elected because he refused to stop being Trump and STFU.

The reason he's currently wildly unpopular and facing a serious threat in 2020 is because he still refuses to STFU and act like anything but Trump.

Imagine a world where Trump had decided to yield his phone to a skilled social media manager the day after the inauguration. Imagine he managed his public speaking as unceasingly as Obama (I doubt Barry said good morning to his wife every day without consulting a teleprompter first.)

In this world, where is Trump's approval rating now, and how safe is he in 2020?
Image
User avatar
MJW
 
Posts: 12265
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:17 am
Has thanked: 290 times
Been thanked: 713 times

Re: Random Political News

Postby TheChefO » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:05 am

MJW wrote:...The reason he's currently wildly unpopular and facing a serious threat in 2020 is because ...


The reason is because most people don't pay attention anywhere near as much as most of us here. They see a newspaper headline while standing in the line at the grocery store, see/hear a clip on CNN waiting for their flight, or happen across a "media influencer" that has the latest sick clap back on Drumpf ...

Those clips/tidbits are +90% negative. Even on things which should be positive.

So the general perception is negative.

A bit of cognitive dissonance comes into play though when they notice their family and friends are doing a bit better than they were before. New jobs and opportunities are popping up. And the more they hear about unfair trade practices other Countries have had against our Country, the more they start to think "say what you want, but Trump's right."
TheChefO
 
Posts: 5779
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:46 am
Has thanked: 1494 times
Been thanked: 316 times

Re: Random Political News

Postby beardmcdoug » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:10 am

Independent Building 7 analysis completed by researchers at the University of Alaska, Fairbanks a week ago, on Sept 4th:



More info on the project/methods:
http://ine.uaf.edu/wtc7



Here's what would have happened if columns 76 to 81 failed, as the NIST/government report stated:

The building falls over sideways

Let's give the benefit of the doubt and look at what would have happened if ALL of the core columns failed:

The building falls over sideways






Ok, now let's look at what would happen if EVERY COLUMN in the building collapsed AT THE EXACT SAME TIME


Live:





in case you're skeptical about the methods behind the models, feel free to tell me what part of the study you take issue with and why:

http://ine.uaf.edu/media/222439/uaf_wtc7_draft_report_09-03-2019.pdf
User avatar
beardmcdoug
 
Posts: 5479
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:30 pm
Has thanked: 1146 times
Been thanked: 858 times

Re: Random Political News

Postby TheChefO » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:52 am

beardmcdoug wrote:Independent Building 7 analysis completed by researchers at the University of Alaska, Fairbanks a week ago, on Sept 4th:



More info on the project/methods:
http://ine.uaf.edu/wtc7



Here's what would have happened if columns 76 to 81 failed, as the NIST/government report stated:

The building falls over sideways

Let's give the benefit of the doubt and look at what would have happened if ALL of the core columns failed:

The building falls over sideways






Ok, now let's look at what would happen if EVERY COLUMN in the building collapsed AT THE EXACT SAME TIME


Live:





in case you're skeptical about the methods behind the models, feel free to tell me what part of the study you take issue with and why:

http://ine.uaf.edu/media/222439/uaf_wtc7_draft_report_09-03-2019.pdf


We aren't burying this gem here! New Thread!

Image
TheChefO
 
Posts: 5779
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:46 am
Has thanked: 1494 times
Been thanked: 316 times

Re: Random Political News

Postby mdb1958 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:26 am

Save the frozen tundra!

The opening bid is at 26 trillion.
mdb1958
 
Posts: 13407
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:11 pm
Has thanked: 207 times
Been thanked: 156 times

Re: Random Political News

Postby Selmon Rules » Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:13 pm

mdb1958 wrote:Zarni sure holds tight to those great trade practices. He wants to portrait our policy's as a tiny little problem.

He's actually one of the more intelligent posters here, especially among the conservative crowd.... BMD is right there with him although I can't agree with his conspiracy theories
Sig currently being held hostage by Photobucket, will return next fall
User avatar
Selmon Rules
 
Posts: 1769
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:27 pm
Has thanked: 192 times
Been thanked: 70 times

Re: Random Political News

Postby mdb1958 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:40 pm

Selmon, are teachers f-ing up our country?

y/n
mdb1958
 
Posts: 13407
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:11 pm
Has thanked: 207 times
Been thanked: 156 times

Re: Random Political News

Postby Selmon Rules » Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:48 pm

mdb1958 wrote:Selmon, are teachers f-ing up our country?

y/n

No...

Many on here keep referring to this being true but where I teach the only explicitly biased teachers have been those from the conservative side.

I am an inclusion teacher and find myself in many classrooms thought the years though I obviously have not been in all of them, this is just my observation. I believe if I, as a teacher, am doing my job right, my students shouldn't know whether I am conservative or liberal, Christian or non-believer based on what I say or present in class....
Sig currently being held hostage by Photobucket, will return next fall
User avatar
Selmon Rules
 
Posts: 1769
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:27 pm
Has thanked: 192 times
Been thanked: 70 times

Re: Random Political News

Postby mdb1958 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:51 pm

Ok then.

This thread will go idle for x amount of time, and of course, go into a new direction.
mdb1958
 
Posts: 13407
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:11 pm
Has thanked: 207 times
Been thanked: 156 times

Re: Random Political News

Postby MJW » Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:41 am

TheChefO wrote:
MJW wrote:...The reason he's currently wildly unpopular and facing a serious threat in 2020 is because ...


The reason is because most people don't pay attention anywhere near as much as most of us here. They see a newspaper headline while standing in the line at the grocery store, see/hear a clip on CNN waiting for their flight, or happen across a "media influencer" that has the latest sick clap back on Drumpf ...

Those clips/tidbits are +90% negative. Even on things which should be positive.

So the general perception is negative.

A bit of cognitive dissonance comes into play though when they notice their family and friends are doing a bit better than they were before. New jobs and opportunities are popping up. And the more they hear about unfair trade practices other Countries have had against our Country, the more they start to think "say what you want, but Trump's right."


You're not wrong, and I say that as someone who is both reasonably politically informed and would never vote for Donald Trump.

If he was simply judged anonymously, based upon the legislation he's championed/signed (or vetoed), his various appointments, and the state of our relations, it would look a lot like a moderate Republican with unfortunate protectionist tendencies economically.
Image
User avatar
MJW
 
Posts: 12265
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:17 am
Has thanked: 290 times
Been thanked: 713 times

Re: Random Political News

Postby Zarniwoop » Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:29 am

The Trump administration is moving to ban flavored e-cigarettes amid an outbreak of vaping-related lung disease.

On Wednesday, federal health officials briefed President Trump and First Lady Melania Trump about the disease, which the CDC says has left six people dead and more than 450 people sick.
User avatar
Zarniwoop
 
Posts: 12427
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:23 pm
Has thanked: 1201 times
Been thanked: 909 times

Re: Random Political News

Postby mdb1958 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:37 am

It would look a lot like a moderate Republican with unfortunate protectionist tendencies economically.???


Can I request some back bone on this statement?
mdb1958
 
Posts: 13407
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:11 pm
Has thanked: 207 times
Been thanked: 156 times

Re: Random Political News

Postby Zarniwoop » Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:57 am

mdb1958 wrote:It would look a lot like a moderate Republican with unfortunate protectionist tendencies economically.???


Can I request some back bone on this statement?



Seeing as Trump doesn’t even hold traditional republican principles, it would be hard to argue he is hard core right wing on all his policies
User avatar
Zarniwoop
 
Posts: 12427
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:23 pm
Has thanked: 1201 times
Been thanked: 909 times

Re: Random Political News

Postby Buc2 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:07 am

Zarniwoop wrote:
mdb1958 wrote:It would look a lot like a moderate Republican with unfortunate protectionist tendencies economically.???


Can I request some back bone on this statement?



Seeing as Trump doesn’t even hold traditional republican principles, it would be hard to argue he is hard core right wing on all his policies

Exactly. Because he's not. Other than his stupid tweets, he's like most of use. Fairly centered overall.
Image
Don't tread on me
User avatar
Buc2
 
Posts: 16166
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:16 pm
Location: America
Has thanked: 1795 times
Been thanked: 903 times

Re: Random Political News

Postby Zarniwoop » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:11 am

Buc2 wrote:
Zarniwoop wrote:

Seeing as Trump doesn’t even hold traditional republican principles, it would be hard to argue he is hard core right wing on all his policies

Exactly. Because he's not. Other than his stupid tweets, he's like most of use. Fairly centered overall.


He’s nothing like us :P



I simply think he is unprincipled and treats everything as an emotional response (which is fair enough, lots of people do that) ... basically what “feels right”. That’s why he’s changed his party affiliation half a dozen times or so.


While I see some principled areas ... I think they are far and few between and that he does a horrible job following the implications of those principles through ...because in a few cases I think they are contradictory in their ends
User avatar
Zarniwoop
 
Posts: 12427
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:23 pm
Has thanked: 1201 times
Been thanked: 909 times

Re: Random Political News

Postby mdb1958 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:16 am

Buc2 wrote:
Zarniwoop wrote:

Seeing as Trump doesn’t even hold traditional republican principles, it would be hard to argue he is hard core right wing on all his policies

Exactly. Because he's not. Other than his stupid tweets, he's like most of use. Fairly centered overall.



Hee, its amazing! Life's over if we dont get a politician back running the place. Making the world a loving place, accepting America as a crap hole, a failing one at that, who is still responsible for all the worlds ail's.
mdb1958
 
Posts: 13407
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:11 pm
Has thanked: 207 times
Been thanked: 156 times

PreviousNext

post

Return to Politics and Religion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Brazen331, Google [Bot], RedLeader and 6 guests