**OFFICIAL 'FORTY-FIVE' DISCUSSION THREAD**

A Place to respectfully discuss those topics that you should never discuss.
Re: **OFFICIAL 'FORTY-FIVE' DISCUSSION THREAD**

Postby TheChefO » Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:58 am

uscbucsfan wrote:
TheChefO wrote:True, that completely trashes the notion that she defrauded an institution, took someone else's place, and continued the fraud for personal gain until she was busted.

But ... typo! lulz!!!!

Do you know the name of the person whose place she took?

Seriously, it's funny to joke about, but it's also a ridiculous platform to attack her. As I said previously to Stu's dismay, I can't believe anyone who would consider voting for her would allow something like that to be a major factor in their decision. It's just a talking point for the opposition, much like a lot of this sexual assault or taxes stuff with Trump. Does that kiss on the cheek sway your vote?

It turns her whole persona into a complete fraud!

Look what you people are doing to these disenfranchised folks! We aught to be doing something to help them! ...

... help ... them?
TheChefO

Postby bucfanclw » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:12 am

TheChefO wrote:
uscbucsfan wrote:Do you know the name of the person whose place she took?

Seriously, it's funny to joke about, but it's also a ridiculous platform to attack her. As I said previously to Stu's dismay, I can't believe anyone who would consider voting for her would allow something like that to be a major factor in their decision. It's just a talking point for the opposition, much like a lot of this sexual assault or taxes stuff with Trump. Does that kiss on the cheek sway your vote?

Look what you people are doing to these disenfranchised folks! We aught to be doing something to help them! ...

... help ... them?

also TheChefO wrote:IMO, you vote for policy
bucfanclw

Postby TheChefO » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:18 am

bucfanclw wrote:
TheChefO wrote:

... help ... them?

also TheChefO wrote:IMO, you vote for policy

Yes you vote policy, however, the other part of that equation is trusting the person you vote for will do what they say.
TheChefO

Postby bucfanclw » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:41 am

TheChefO wrote:
bucfanclw wrote:

Yes you vote policy, however, the other part of that equation is trusting the person you vote for will do what they say.

I needed a good laugh today. Thanks.
bucfanclw

Postby Stuart » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:51 am

TheChefO wrote:
bucfanclw wrote:

like TRUMP does :D
MUTED FOR YOUR SAFETY
Stuart

Postby TheChefO » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:56 am

bucfanclw wrote:
TheChefO wrote:

I needed a good laugh today. Thanks.

True. The stale mantra of how badly Trump lies is quite laughable when one measures a Trump voter's words on trust and compares them to this often repeated tripe of Trump lies, but I get the last laugh when I see him enact policy I voted for him to do, day after day.

Enjoy your tariffs, lower taxes, ISIS decimation, and Supreme Court. :)
TheChefO

Postby bucfanclw » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:12 am

TheChefO wrote:Enjoy your increased consumer taxes, roughly unchanged income taxes, last bit of ISIS decimation, and Supreme Court that has two new justices that hardly ever vote together - like the ones they replaced. :)

Also, that new wall along the border, Hillary sitting in jail, the new healthcare system, return of coal jobs, no more outsourcing... just so many great things accomplished that he told us he would get accomplished!
bucfanclw

Postby Zarniwoop » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:39 am

Now that we have our JB/Stu thread, we need a Chef/Clewy thread

:P
Zarniwoop

Postby Noles1724 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:48 am

bucfanclw wrote:
TheChefO wrote:Enjoy your increased consumer taxes, roughly unchanged income taxes, last bit of ISIS decimation, and Supreme Court that has two new justices that hardly ever vote together - like the ones they replaced. :)

Also, that new wall along the border, Hillary sitting in jail, the new healthcare system, return of coal jobs, no more outsourcing... just so many great things accomplished that he told us he would get accomplished!

in Trumps defense, he's just waiting for that check from Mexico for the wall...
Noles1724

Postby Stuart » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:31 am

Zarniwoop wrote:Now that we have our JB/Stu thread, we need a Chef/Clewy thread

chef would skin that lil squirrel and turn him into soup
MUTED FOR YOUR SAFETY
Stuart

Postby TheChefO » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:55 am

Zarniwoop wrote:Now that we have our JB/Stu thread, we need a Chef/Clewy thread

I thought that's what they all were?

Seriously though, like I said, I'm trying to scale back on being sarcastic ... which knowing my upbringing is nearly impossible, but I am trying to reduce this, never-mind slinging insults and name calling.

Also, that new wall along the border ...

Executive Order 13767, titled Border Security and Immigration Enforcement Improvements, was issued by United States President Donald Trump on January 25, 2017. The order directs a wall, colloquially called the "Trump wall", to be built along the Mexico–United States border.

Now, why this wasn't funded is another matter ... going further, why he even needed to mention it after the 2006 Secure Fence Act was signed into law gets to the root of the problem.

- Hillary should be in jail. When one does what she did, that ends up in a jail sentence for typical Joe citizen. But you'd have the same morons on TV now blabbing on about how he thinks he's a dictator if shes held accountable for her actions.

- Healthcare, I never heard anything remotely solid from him on it, so never expected anything on it either way.

- Coal/Energy sector, I much prefer his approach to the Dems that would like to outlaw oil/gas and have us living out of mud-huts.

- Outsourcing -> Tariffs
TheChefO

Postby deltbucs » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:03 pm

TheChefO wrote:
uscbucsfan wrote:Do you know the name of the person whose place she took?

... help ... them?

You can't be serious when all you do is defend Trump who has defrauded working class people his entire life.
deltbucs

Postby TheChefO » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:12 pm

Noles1724 wrote:
bucfanclw wrote:Also, that new wall along the border, Hillary sitting in jail, the new healthcare system, return of coal jobs, no more outsourcing... just so many great things accomplished that he told us he would get accomplished!

in Trumps defense, he's just waiting for that check from Mexico for the wall...

You say this in jest, but honestly with all the BS in DC, shut the border down, shut down all remittances to Mexico and start mass deportations. Watch how quick they not only sign a check, but have crews lined up ready to build it themselves.
TheChefO

Postby TheChefO » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:14 pm

deltbucs wrote:
TheChefO wrote:

... help ... them?

You can't be serious when all you do is defend Trump who has defrauded working class people his entire life.

He sees a problem and addresses it.

The fact that some contractors are dbags and he's likely had a few issues with them isn't indicative of his intent against "the working class" as can be seen by enacted policy so far.
TheChefO

Postby bucfanclw » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:33 pm

TheChefO wrote:Executive Order 13767, titled Border Security and Immigration Enforcement Improvements, was issued by United States President Donald Trump on January 25, 2017. The order directs a wall, colloquially called the "Trump wall", to be built along the Mexico–United States border.

Now, why this wasn't funded is another matter ...

He declared a state of emergency to gain access to all the funds he wanted... then crickets. Pandering.

TheChefO wrote:- Hillary should be in jail.

But she's not. Pandering.

TheChefO wrote:- Healthcare, I never heard anything remotely solid from him on it, so never expected anything on it either way.

He was going to repeal ACA and replace it with a "beautiful" new plan. He didn't. Pandering.

TheChefO wrote:- Coal/Energy sector, I much prefer his approach to the Dems that would like to outlaw oil/gas and have us living out of mud-huts.

Which is to do what? Nothing? Pandering.

TheChefO wrote:- Outsourcing -> Tariffs

Extreme tariffs are not a policy. They are there to pretend to be tough at the expense of the American consumer. In other words... Pandering.
bucfanclw

Postby Snake » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:34 pm

Babeinbucland wrote:Image

Libs desperation is hilarious.

He’s Teflon Don. You’re about to be 0/1849293 on these accusations.
Snake

Postby TheChefO » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:54 pm

bucfanclw wrote:... then crickets.

Agreed. He should have kept it shutdown until he had full funding, or just read the Secure Fence Act 2006 live on TV, then declared a national emergency to address the issue, arrest the politicians that stonewalled the law, and proceeded to have the Seabees and ACOE build the wall.

But she's not.

You'd be the first to say he was locking up his political rivals if he did.

He was going to repeal ACA and replace it with a "beautiful" new plan.

Sorry your vote was wasted in this endeavor. I'm sure the next time you'll get your utopian healthcare solution. In the meantime, he did do away with the individual mandate. You're welcome.

Which is to do what?

Keystone pipeline, Dakota Access, ANWR, Reduced regulations to the point that we are now a net energy exporter for the first time in modern history.

Extreme tariffs are not a policy. They are there to pretend to be tough ...

:roll:
Last edited by TheChefO on Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.
TheChefO

Postby Snake » Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:05 pm

Trump with some GOAT level Twitter trolling this morning.

“So great looking and smart.”
“Pocahontas.”

He’s the best. Imagine seething about this.
Snake

Postby bucfanclw » Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:50 pm

TheChefO wrote:
bucfanclw wrote:... then crickets.

Agreed. He should have kept it shutdown until he had full funding, or just read the Secure Fence Act 2006 live on TV, then declared a national emergency to address the issue, arrest the politicians that stonewalled the law, and proceeded to have the Seabees and ACOE build the wall.

Since you skipped the part of the quote where I said it before, he DID declare a national emergency but then didn't do anything.
TheChefO wrote:
bucfanclw wrote:But she's not.

You'd be the first to say he was locking up his political rivals if he did.

If she did any number of things you've accused her of, then she absolutely should be rotting in prison. Odd how evidence against Trump is all made up, while no evidence seems to be needed against her for you. I'd say that's a hypocritical stance, but frankly that describes most of what you post here.
TheChefO wrote:
bucfanclw wrote:He was going to repeal ACA and replace it with a "beautiful" new plan.

Sorry your vote was wasted in this endeavor. I'm sure the next time you'll get your utopian healthcare solution. In the meantime, he did do away with the individual mandate. You're welcome.

So you admit all of his repeal and replace talk was pandering. There's a step in the right direction.
TheChefO wrote:
bucfanclw wrote:Which is to do what?

Keystone pipeline, Dakota Access, ANWR, Reduced regulations to the point that we are now a net energy exporter for the first time in modern history.

None of the things you listed had any effect on either us becoming energy independant (since most of those things havent come to fruition yet) and certainly have zero to do with coal mining jobs he said he would bring back.
TheChefO wrote:
bucfanclw wrote:Extreme tariffs are not a policy. They are there to pretend to be tough ...

:roll:
Yeah, it's better that you take that stance since you have proven incapable of proving that Trump did anything less than pander to you.
bucfanclw

Postby NavyBuc » Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:01 pm

Snake wrote:Trump with some GOAT level Twitter trolling this morning.

“Pocahontas.”

Actually think a Trump vs. Warren contest would be kind of funny. He loves to take digs at people, including her, and she just seems to take everything so seriously and freak out over everything. Has the recipe for comedy.
NavyBuc

Postby deltbucs » Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:04 pm

“Pocahontas.”

Dafuq?
deltbucs

Postby Jason Bourne » Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:09 pm

“Pocahontas.”

Yeah, too bad he is the President of the United States ...

You must be so proud he acts like a teenager
Jason Bourne

Postby bucsfan1413 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:12 pm

"I am not a fan of Bitcoin and other Cryptocurrencies, which are not money, and whose value is highly volatile and based on thin air. Unregulated Crypto Assets can facilitate unlawful behavior, including drug trade and other illegal activity...."
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/sta ... 72192?s=20

Honestly? I like this.
bucsfan1413

Postby PanteraCanes » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:21 am

From my understanding that is what the cryptocurrency is for actually? Stuff that is generally illegal everywhere that you don't want traced to you, people who are overly scared of government, and investors?
PanteraCanes

Postby uscbucsfan » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:23 am

PanteraCanes wrote:From my understanding that is what the cryptocurrency is for actually? Stuff that is generally illegal everywhere that you don't want traced to you, people who are overly scared of government, and investors?

Bitcoin started out as the money used in the "Silk Road". Yes, it's correct.
uscbucsfan

Postby Buc2 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:33 am

Senate confirms Trump's 9th Circuit pick despite missing blue slips
BY JORDAIN CARNEY - 07/09/19 08:10 PM EDT

The Senate confirmed President Trump's nominee for the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals on Tuesday despite objections from both home-state senators.

Senators split in a 53-45 vote along party lines to confirm Daniel Bress as a judge to the San Francisco-based appeals court. Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand (D-N.Y.) and Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.), both of whom are running for president, didn't vote.

Republicans have come under fierce scrutiny for moving Bress's nomination even though neither Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) nor Sen. Kamala Harris (D-Calif.) returned a blue slip on his nomination.

"I’m very disappointed that Republican leadership decided to schedule a vote on Mr. Bress's nomination given both of our objections to his nomination and our concerns about a lack of connection to our state," Feinstein said ahead of Tuesday's vote to confirm Bress.

In addition the blue-slip fight, Feinstein raised concerns that Bress doesn't have sufficient ties to California to be appointed to one of the state's seats on the 9th Circuit.

Harris, in a tweet after the vote, called Bress's confirmation a "degradation of Senate institutional norms at the hands of Republican leaders."

The blue-slip rule — a precedent upheld by Senate tradition — has historically allowed a home-state senator to stop a lower court nominee from being confirmed by refusing to return the blue slip to the Judiciary Committee. How strictly the precedent is upheld is decided by the committee chairman, and enforcement has varied depending on who wields the gavel.

But Republicans argue that the blue slip, a sheet of paper that indicates whether a senator supports a nominee, shouldn't be allowed to blackball an appeals court pick because circuits cover multiple states.

Bress is the 42nd Trump circuit court nominee confirmed by the Senate since 2017, as Republicans have set a record pace for sending picks to the influential courts.

He's also one of several nominations Republicans have moved despite objections from both home-state senators, including confirming Daniel Collins and Kenneth Lee to California seats on the 9th Circuit.

Neither Feinstein nor Harris supported any of their nominations to the 9th Circuit.

Republicans praised Trump's pick for the court, which has been a perennial source of annoyance for conservatives who view it as too liberal and too large.

"Mr. Bress comes with strong credentials: the academic pedigree, the legal experience and most importantly a demonstrated commitment to the rule of law," Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) said, defending Bress ahead of the vote.
Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) called Bress a "fine man," adding that he's "very pleased that the United States Senate has confirmed Daniel Bress to the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals."
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby TheChefO » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:36 am

Buc2 wrote:Republicans have come under fierce scrutiny for moving Bress's nomination even though neither Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) nor Sen. Kamala Harris (D-Calif.) returned a blue slip on his nomination.

:lol:

What was it again? Oh yeah ... "elections have consequences". ;)
TheChefO

Postby Zarniwoop » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:46 am

Buc2 wrote:Senate confirms Trump's 9th Circuit pick despite missing blue slips
BY JORDAIN CARNEY - 07/09/19 08:10 PM EDT

The Senate confirmed President Trump's nominee for the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals on Tuesday despite objections from both home-state senators.

Senators split in a 53-45 vote along party lines to confirm Daniel Bress as a judge to the San Francisco-based appeals court. Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand (D-N.Y.) and Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.), both of whom are running for president, didn't vote.

Republicans have come under fierce scrutiny for moving Bress's nomination even though neither Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) nor Sen. Kamala Harris (D-Calif.) returned a blue slip on his nomination.

"I’m very disappointed that Republican leadership decided to schedule a vote on Mr. Bress's nomination given both of our objections to his nomination and our concerns about a lack of connection to our state," Feinstein said ahead of Tuesday's vote to confirm Bress.

In addition the blue-slip fight, Feinstein raised concerns that Bress doesn't have sufficient ties to California to be appointed to one of the state's seats on the 9th Circuit.

Harris, in a tweet after the vote, called Bress's confirmation a "degradation of Senate institutional norms at the hands of Republican leaders."

The blue-slip rule — a precedent upheld by Senate tradition — has historically allowed a home-state senator to stop a lower court nominee from being confirmed by refusing to return the blue slip to the Judiciary Committee. How strictly the precedent is upheld is decided by the committee chairman, and enforcement has varied depending on who wields the gavel.

But Republicans argue that the blue slip, a sheet of paper that indicates whether a senator supports a nominee, shouldn't be allowed to blackball an appeals court pick because circuits cover multiple states.

Bress is the 42nd Trump circuit court nominee confirmed by the Senate since 2017, as Republicans have set a record pace for sending picks to the influential courts.

He's also one of several nominations Republicans have moved despite objections from both home-state senators, including confirming Daniel Collins and Kenneth Lee to California seats on the 9th Circuit.

Neither Feinstein nor Harris supported any of their nominations to the 9th Circuit.

Republicans praised Trump's pick for the court, which has been a perennial source of annoyance for conservatives who view it as too liberal and too large.

"Mr. Bress comes with strong credentials: the academic pedigree, the legal experience and most importantly a demonstrated commitment to the rule of law," Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) said, defending Bress ahead of the vote.
Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) called Bress a "fine man," adding that he's "very pleased that the United States Senate has confirmed Daniel Bress to the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals."

This will now become commonplace when a President and the Senate are of the same party. All voting for judges is basically going to be along party lines from now on anyway. I doubt there is a single person that Harris and Feinstein would approve of that could get 51 R votes in the Senate....so why even bother?
Zarniwoop

Postby TheChefO » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:52 am

Zarniwoop wrote:This will now become commonplace when a President and the Senate are of the same party. All voting for judges is basically going to be along party lines from now on anyway. I doubt there is a single person that Harris and Feinstein would approve of that could get 51 R votes in the Senate....so why even bother?

This has been common place on the other side. About time Reps started acting in kind.
TheChefO

Postby Zarniwoop » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:56 am

TheChefO wrote:
Zarniwoop wrote:This will now become commonplace when a President and the Senate are of the same party. All voting for judges is basically going to be along party lines from now on anyway. I doubt there is a single person that Harris and Feinstein would approve of that could get 51 R votes in the Senate....so why even bother?

This has been common place on the other side. About time Reps started acting in kind.

the disregarding of blue-slips?

I can't ever recall a story on it...obviously that doesn't mean it didn't happen, but I can't recall instances.
Zarniwoop

PreviousNext

Return to Politics and Religion