CIA and FBI: Russia Interfered in US Election

A Place to respectfully discuss those topics that you should never discuss.
Re: CIA and FBI: Russia Interfered in US Election

Postby Swashy » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:25 pm

uscbucsfan wrote:
Swashy wrote:
Not sure if in response to what I said. If so I'm not even mad. I live in a day and age where in Alabama where you can get a dozen Christians can together in a local eatery and upon interview they'll rationalize and do mental gymnastics as to why Roy Moore deserves their vote. I'm grinning from ear to ear that the Republican Party that I should be part of (in terms of ideals but am not a part of people of people like that) is probably gonna be burned to the ****ing ground in November and people like that are gonna have less say in the matter than ever before.

What ideals do you have that would make you a Republican? Every time you say this it seems crazy. 95% of the stuff you post are on the extreme left spectrum.

Have you EVER tried talking to a typical Florida Republican? They don't have time for any of what I think.

If you want the 10 commandments in the school go for it bro. Wanna pray in public? Go for it bro! Not everyone is gonna like it but there's this thing called the 1st amendment.....

I believe firmly in the 2nd amendment. However, we need to take immediate action to figure out how we are going to stop people from dying because Looney Toons can get ahold of guns so easily.

I believe marriage is between a man and a woman and that churches reserve the right to refuse the wedding of same sex couples. I don't care if it's a law. You don't impose on the church like that. However, if Adam and Steve and Eve and Jane want to get married then go ahead. Find someone who will wed you. It might be hard but you can do it. It comes down to that church's decision. If you get a yes then go for it! I don't have to agree with it morally but I fully endorse your life, liberty and pursuit of happiness and when I see you guys at my high school reunion it'll be open arms and I can't wait to hear how happy you are.

You CAN NOT under any circumstances overturn Roe vs Wade. Like so many others I think life begins at conception. How can it not? I don't give a **** if there is no heartbeat. Leave that lifeless ball of dividing cells alone for a couple days and it'll turn into a human. But you CAN NOT outright ban abortions/terminations of pregnancy because there are medically necessary circumstances to do so. My best friend's girlfriend just died 4 days ago of ectopic pregnancy and she died of an internal hemorrhage. So what do we do? Just say **** it and let her die? Re-write it so only medically necessary terminations of pregnancy are allowed? We can preach hypotheticals all we want and the fact is the solution is not legislation. The solution is to teach safe sexual practices to our teenagers, the benefit of abstinence and to protect women from becoming victims of rape and incest.

Free enterprise is the best practice there can be for the United States, however we need much more strict regulations on how these businesses (as well as states) choose to conduct themselves. It makes me sick to think that the Suncoast is now manned by an army of cameras. You have a growing population and an economy that is replacing manpower at every opportunity because technology doesn't want working wages. And while we're at it raise minimum wage drastically.

Just about all of this **** is fighting words with your typical Republican voter because I believe in a gray area for their core ideals despite the fact I agree with them. They are stubborn, ignorant creatures who cannot make the distinction between liberty and moral high ground.

The only extreme left I have preached lately was throwing **** on the wall about if you gave everyone $1000 a month they'd spend it all and it would be a more reciprocal relationship than giving thousands of dollars in tax cuts to local businesses and hoping they might one day pool up enough money to expand and employ a few more people while the actual unemployment rate and underemployment rate are well into the 20%'s if not higher.
Last edited by Swashy on Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:31 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Swashy

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:27 pm

Ken Carson wrote: What was Hilary’s platform? Love Trumps Hate. Aside from the marketing faux pas of actually putting Love Trump in her slogan

I never noticed that.

Anyway, your post is spot on, Ken.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Buc2 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:35 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:You remind me of me when the "grab her by the *****" video dropped.

I won't make that mistake again.

Refresh my memory. I don't recall. Could be due to my advanced age.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:44 pm

Buc2 wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:You remind me of me when the "grab her by the *****" video dropped.

I won't make that mistake again.

Refresh my memory. I don't recall. Could be due to my advanced age.

I said he was toast. Game. set. Match. Hillary wins in a layup.

I had the EC at like 380 to 160 for Clinton in mid October.

That would have buried ANY other candidate. Romney got wasted by making a comment to donors about the 47%. I mean, how could Trump possibly survive the locker room talk?
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:52 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
Buc2 wrote:Refresh my memory. I don't recall. Could be due to my advanced age.

I said he was toast. Game. set. Match. Hillary wins in a layup.

I had the EC at like 380 to 160 for Clinton in mid October.

That would have buried ANY other candidate. Romney got wasted by making a comment to donors about the 47%. I mean, how could Trump possibly survive the locker room talk?

This was on October 13th of 2016 around the time pizzagate was getting started.

Mountaineer Buc wrote:Certainly not the silver bullet the Republicans have been praying for.

They can take solace in the fact that even though Hillary is now looking at 340 to 198 victory (rendering Trumpmania slightly better than the campaign of Bob Dole) she is at this point just barely going to miss out on either house of congress. Senate could actually be an even split again.

Mountaineer Buc

Postby mdb1958 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:53 pm

I think they wanted the country corruption exposed, divided, fighting, and dragged even further into the point of no return - they never dreamed Trump had a chance to win - even with all that.

Say what you will about filthy rich - Trump is taking their well laid out, last for generations plan and turned it upside down. He is changing what nobody thought was even possible ------------------------------- how this country runs and the way it has ran for way to long.
mdb1958

Postby Swashy » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:56 pm

Ken Carson wrote:
Swashy wrote:
Not sure if in response to what I said. If so I'm not even mad. I live in a day and age where in Alabama where you can get a dozen Christians can together in a local eatery and upon interview they'll rationalize and do mental gymnastics as to why Roy Moore deserves their vote. I'm grinning from ear to ear that the Republican Party that I should be part of (in terms of ideals but am not a part of people of people like that) is probably gonna be burned to the ****ing ground in November and people like that are gonna have less say in the matter than ever before.

Hate to burst your bubble, but Democrats aren’t burning anything to ground unless we can articulate a narrative that this country can get behind. For the last 2 years, the only coherent message that we have put out is that we aren’t the party of Trump. That’s not good enough. What was Hilary’s platform? Love Trumps Hate. Aside from the marketing faux pas of actually putting Love Trump in her slogan, Love does not pay the bills. People want a message like Bernie Sanders was selling, not some idealist bullshit.

Hillary ran a poor and ineffective campaign. I'm not too worried about her failures as pertains to this election cycle. Trump is turning into a one man inside job while the likes of McCain, Romney and Bush spurn him. Maybe I am undervaluing the narratives and ideals too much but it's into such a mess that Democrats just need people to show up to cast their ballots come November. There's little way that the 18-35 demographic is watching this unfold without horror for what awaits them in what is already not a very good situation. At best the Republicans can only just hope their voters hold them to no accountability -not that they usually do anyway.
Swashy

Postby mdb1958 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:05 pm

Hillary ran a poor and ineffective campaign

Shoulda spent more money ehh.
mdb1958

Postby mdb1958 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:12 pm

There's little way that the 18-35 demographic is watching this unfold without horror for what awaits them in what is already not a very good situation

What are you even saying?

My kid is a truck driver and he's doing real well. Still thinks make more spend more thinking is a good thing though.
mdb1958

Postby The Outsider » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:18 pm

mdb1958 wrote:
There's little way that the 18-35 demographic is watching this unfold without horror for what awaits them in what is already not a very good situation

What are you even saying?

My kid is a truck driver and he's doing real well. Still thinks make more spend more thinking is a good thing though.

Tell your kid to start learning a new trade. One of the first casualties of automation, and automated vehicles in particular, will be truck drivers. He's got maybe ten years until that industry starts hemmorhaging jobs.
The Outsider

Postby Ken Carson » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:21 pm

Swashy wrote:
Ken Carson wrote:Hate to burst your bubble, but Democrats aren’t burning anything to ground unless we can articulate a narrative that this country can get behind. For the last 2 years, the only coherent message that we have put out is that we aren’t the party of Trump. That’s not good enough. What was Hilary’s platform? Love Trumps Hate. Aside from the marketing faux pas of actually putting Love Trump in her slogan, Love does not pay the bills. People want a message like Bernie Sanders was selling, not some idealist bullshit.

Hillary ran a poor and ineffective campaign. I'm not too worried about her failures as pertains to this election cycle. Trump is turning into a one man inside job while the likes of McCain, Romney and Bush spurn him. Maybe I am undervaluing the narratives and ideals too much but it's into such a mess that Democrats just need people to show up to cast their ballots come November. There's little way that the 18-35 demographic is watching this unfold without horror for what awaits them in what is already not a very good situation. At best the Republicans can only just hope their voters hold them to no accountability -not that they usually do anyway.

I'm in the 18-35 demographic. I'm a registered Democrat. I'm constantly looking for the party to stand for something that the majority of the country can get behind. There are some things, but the rank and file of the Democratic Party does not have its **** together. That's not remotely debatable.

In fact, basically since the election, the Democratic Party has had a 50% or more unfavorable rating on Gallup polling data. I mean, how do you manage that when Donald Trump is the President? Then you realize that Trump's disapproval rating is also at 53%... the same as Democrats. So Democrats are disapproved of AT THE SAME RATE AS TRUMP. How does that not wake us the **** up? Our message of 'we're not Trump' has gotten us to be as disliked as Trump. People do not want 'we're better than the living incarnation of presidential incompetence' messaging. They want to know how we're going to make their lives better and we aren't ****ing telling them.

Every D in this thread, get the hell out and write up a post on why people should support us. Not why they shouldn't support Trump. It's a loser's argument.
Ken Carson

Postby mdb1958 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:27 pm

R says if you had 200,000 invested, you made 20 grand or more for the quarter.
Last edited by mdb1958 on Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mdb1958

Postby Swashy » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:30 pm

Ken Carson wrote:
Swashy wrote:

I'm in the 18-35 demographic. I'm a registered Democrat. I'm constantly looking for the party to stand for something that the majority of the country can get behind. There are some things, but the rank and file of the Democratic Party does not have its **** together. That's not remotely debatable.

In fact, basically since the election, the Democratic Party has had a 50% or more unfavorable rating on Gallup polling data. I mean, how do you manage that when Donald Trump is the President? Then you realize that Trump's disapproval rating is also at 53%... the same as Democrats. So Democrats are disapproved of AT THE SAME RATE AS TRUMP. How does that not wake us the **** up? Our message of 'we're not Trump' has gotten us to be as disliked as Trump. People do not want 'we're better than the living incarnation of presidential incompetence' messaging. They want to know how we're going to make their lives better and we aren't ****ing telling them.

Every D in this thread, get the hell out and write up a post on why people should support us. Not why they shouldn't support Trump. It's a loser's argument.

Write about it here or elsewhere?
Swashy

Postby Buc2 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:34 pm

Swashy wrote:
Ken Carson wrote:

I thought you said you were an R?
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:36 pm

mdb1958 wrote:R says if you had 200,000 invested, you made 20 grand or more for the quarter.

D says if you were making $40k in 2009 and are making $50k a year today....you're making the same money.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby mdb1958 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:46 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
mdb1958 wrote:R says if you had 200,000 invested, you made 20 grand or more for the quarter.

D says if you were making $40k in 2009 and are making $50k a year today....you're making the same money.

Oh, I know. My company flat lining in Florida 6 years before I wanted to retire ruined my plan. For you guys that are still young enough to do something about it - you better get busy. Once you get old you will really see how scary it can get.
mdb1958

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:54 pm

mdb1958 wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:D says if you were making $40k in 2009 and are making $50k a year today....you're making the same money.

Oh, I know. My company flat lining in Florida 6 years before I wanted to retire ruined my plan. For you guys that are still young enough to do something about it - you better get busy. Once you get old you will really see how scary it can get.

Are you one of those late 50's tweeners? Ready to retire, but can't afford to coast and wait for SS to kick in?
Mountaineer Buc

Postby uscbucsfan » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:55 pm

Buc2 wrote:
Swashy wrote:

lol
uscbucsfan

Postby mdb1958 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:05 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
mdb1958 wrote:

Are you one of those late 50's tweeners? Ready to retire, but can't afford to coast and wait for SS to kick in?

Coasting is like cutting the bottom of your pocket off!
mdb1958

Postby Swashy » Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:07 pm

Buc2 wrote:
Swashy wrote:

Only that I SHOULD be a Republican because I very much agree with their ideals at a moral level. But unfortunately for me I have always been too much of a moderate to ever cast a vote for them because they take what I agree with too many steps too far. I am a reluctant Democrat at best but am okay with it
Last edited by Swashy on Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Swashy

Postby Zarniwoop » Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:08 pm

did everyone know i'm a progressive it's just that the party left me?
Zarniwoop

Postby The Outsider » Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:08 pm

Zarniwoop wrote:did everyone know i'm a progressive it's just that the party left me?

I always figured you for one of them gays.
The Outsider

Postby Zarniwoop » Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:09 pm

The Outsider wrote:
Zarniwoop wrote:did everyone know i'm a progressive it's just that the party left me?

power bottom bitch
Zarniwoop

Postby uscbucsfan » Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:13 pm

Zarniwoop wrote:
The Outsider wrote:

power bottom bitch

uscbucsfan

Postby uscbucsfan » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:03 pm

lol. Trump is dumb.

The President says he misspoke during Putin press conference: "I said the word would instead of wouldn't" in regard to Russia meddling with the election.
uscbucsfan

Postby Zarniwoop » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:12 pm

That's a legitimate tactic we have all used

granted most of us stopped using it in 2nd grade
Zarniwoop

Postby DreadNaught » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:17 pm

uscbucsfan wrote:lol. Trump is dumb.

The President says he misspoke during Putin press conference: "I said the word would instead of wouldn't" in regard to Russia meddling with the election.

He's certainly not close to an intellectual. Too much ego and not enough intelligence to offset that ego.

I rewatched that Trump/Putin presser a few times to see what the commotion was all about and other than that one response where he's now claiming he misspoke I didn't have huge issue with it. But his original denial that Russian meddled which implied he trusted Putin over his own IC services was (metaphorically) stepping in **** and a terrible look as POTUS.

That said, I get understand his defensiveness on the issue as his critics continue to delegitimize his election win and disenfranchise his supporters with claims that the Russians got him elected. But that was the wrong time and place to be defensive of yourself as you're there as POTUS representing America. But his ego once again got in his own way.
Last edited by DreadNaught on Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DreadNaught

Postby Zarniwoop » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:25 pm

DreadNaught wrote:
uscbucsfan wrote:lol. Trump is dumb.

He's certainly not close to an intellectual. Too much ego and not enough intelligence to offset that ego.

I rewatched that Trump/Putin presser a few times to see what the commotion was all about and other than that one response where he's now claiming he misspoke I didn't have huge issue with it. But his original denial that Russian meddled which implied he trusted Putin over his own IC services was (metaphorically) stepping in **** and a terrible look as POTUS.

That said, I get understand his defensiveness on the issue as his critics continue to delegitimize his election win and disenfranchise his supporters with claims that the Russians got him elected. But that was the wrong time and place to be defensive of yourself as you're there as POTUS representing America. But his ego once again got in his own way.

In talking about our intelligence service...he is absolutely correct to question its legitimacy and validity...as you alluded to, he just chose the wrong audience (Putin) to do it in front of. That's bad form.

I can't remember if this is the year we trust the CIA/FBI or if its the year we don't? I guess it simply depends on which party is being attacked????
Zarniwoop

Postby Buc2 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:53 pm

Zarniwoop wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:

In talking about our intelligence service...he is absolutely correct to question its legitimacy and validity...as you alluded to, he just chose the wrong audience (Putin) to do it in front of. That's bad form.

I can't remember if this is the year we trust the CIA/FBI or if its the year we don't? I guess it simply depends on which party is being attacked????

Smart money is to never trust spooks.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:56 pm

Buc2 wrote:
Zarniwoop wrote:

Smart money is to never trust spooks.

Mountaineer Buc

PreviousNext

Return to Politics and Religion