CIA and FBI: Russia Interfered in US Election

A Place to respectfully discuss those topics that you should never discuss.
Re: CIA and FBI: Russia Interfered in US Election

Postby bucfanclw » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:05 pm

NavyBuc wrote:It was found that 93% of CNN's stories against Trump were negative. 94% of MSNBC's were negative. I understand media bias and all, but that's a little absurd and it's why this country has lost respect for the media. Hell, I saw a poll over the weekend where nearly half of democrats polled even said Trump's negative coverage by the media is biased. lol

Once again...

If he just focused on being President instead of spending so much time bitching about the media
, he might have more positive things to report on.

Seriously, how many positive things can you say he's done that haven't been reported on? This is like that one guy at work that barely does anything that complains to HR about coworkers trying to make him look bad.
bucfanclw

Postby NavyBuc » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:10 pm

mightyleemoon wrote:
NavyBuc wrote:I can say the hatred Trump has for the media is because of the way they cover him compared to the way they covered Obama and Hillary. We can go around in circles here. Let's not go there.

The only way you could say that with a straight face is if you're blinders level biased. But, that much is obvious due to you only seeing Trump being treated differently than Obama and Hillary. They also treated him differently than Jeb and Rubio and every other Republican out there. Trump started this mud slinging because he knows slinging mud at the press will get him attention. You trying to act like Trump is some kind of victim in this makes you look like a red hat shill.

I'm not trying to throw insults or start a fight so simmer down. Anyone that knows me knows I'm definitely not a Trump apologist. Hell, I wrote in Pence for President. I'm just going off what I've seen in polls and what other democrats have said. Polls have shown America thinks the media is biased and the media has been tough on him, and even Democrats have said that Trump has gotten tougher coverage than Obama. That's a fact, not opinion.

I agree with the fact that Trump has caused this hate from the media himself. But the media isn't a victim, either. They still have a responsibility to be fair. I took journalism classes in college where they trained you to treat both sides equally, and we definitely don't live in that kind of Journalistic world anymore. Both are at fault, and it's why both their approval ratings are in the 30s. I think Trump's twitter posts are disgusting, although I know people who know Joe Scarborough and I actually don't mind the mean posts towards him because from everything I've heard the guy is a piece of garbage.
NavyBuc

Postby mightyleemoon » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:13 pm

NavyBuc wrote:simmer down.

If you read emotion in a post it's because you're bringing the emotion. You should learn to read all posts in a flat tone. It will help save you from thinking the internet is out to get you.
mightyleemoon

Postby NavyBuc » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:14 pm

bucfanclw wrote:
NavyBuc wrote:It was found that 93% of CNN's stories against Trump were negative. 94% of MSNBC's were negative. I understand media bias and all, but that's a little absurd and it's why this country has lost respect for the media. Hell, I saw a poll over the weekend where nearly half of democrats polled even said Trump's negative coverage by the media is biased. lol

Once again...

If he just focused on being President instead of spending so much time bitching about the media

Seriously, how many positive things can you say he's done that haven't been reported on? This is like that one guy at work that barely does anything that complains to HR about coworkers trying to make him look bad.

Agree with point 1.....but like I said in my other post, the media still has a responsibility to be fair and non-biased, and they haven't done that, so neither one is doing their job.

The only thing I like that Trump's doing in office that hasn't been reported on enough is that he's leaning a lot on his military advisers for advice. I think Gen. Mattis is one of the smartest men alive, and the fact he's leaning towards him for a lot of his decisions is the one thing I will applaud him on. I don't think he's done that bad a job from a foreign policy perspective. I'll go back to what I said the other day....if he didn't tweet since he's become President and he said the right things on Russia instead of the wrong things, his approval ratings right now would be a heck of a lot higher. His approval ratings are what they are not because of the job he is doing, but because what is coming out of his mouth and from his phone.
NavyBuc

Postby bucfanclw » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:50 pm

NavyBuc wrote:
bucfanclw wrote:Once again...

Agree with point 1.....but like I said in my other post, the media still has a responsibility to be fair and non-biased, and they haven't done that, so neither one is doing their job.

The only thing I like that Trump's doing in office that hasn't been reported on enough is that he's leaning a lot on his military advisers for advice. I think Gen. Mattis is one of the smartest men alive, and the fact he's leaning towards him for a lot of his decisions is the one thing I will applaud him on. I don't think he's done that bad a job from a foreign policy perspective. I'll go back to what I said the other day....if he didn't tweet since he's become President and he said the right things on Russia instead of the wrong things, his approval ratings right now would be a heck of a lot higher. His approval ratings are what they are not because of the job he is doing, but because what is coming out of his mouth and from his phone.

So you can only come up with one positive thing he's done, which got pretty unanimous positive press, and yet you're complaining that most press on him is negative? Maybe, just maybe, that points at the problem being more with him than the press.
bucfanclw

Postby NavyBuc » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:57 pm

bucfanclw wrote:
NavyBuc wrote:

So you can only come up with one positive thing he's done, which got pretty unanimous positive press, and yet you're complaining that most press on him is negative? Maybe, just maybe, that points at the problem being more with him than the press.

I'm complaining that the press isn't fair and balanced. I want the news....not personal opinion and bias included in on it. I shouldn't have to go to CNN, Fox News and MSNBC and click on a news story and then see a writer's own personal opinion slanted in on it. Don't you think there's something wrong with that? Or do you think it's okay for a news story to have an opinionated slant on it?

And he's only been in office 6 months. Get back to me in a year and hopefully I'll have more positives haha. I do think the gas prices coming down are a positive for him as well since he approved the pipeline drilling. And last I checked, the economy has been pretty good under his command. Like I said, things are pretty good in the country right now. Most any other president would have a good approval rating, and he would, too, if he didn't tweet and say so many stupid and idiotic things and Russia wasn't overblown the way it has been. He needs the health care and tax reform, though, for his re-election efforts in 2020.
NavyBuc

Postby mightyleemoon » Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:12 am

NavyBuc wrote:the media still has a responsibility to be fair and non-biased

If Fox and CNN were totally fair and biased then the majority of the country would turn the channel in order to find the confirmation bias they are looking for. Then, Fox and CNN would bleed cash until they decided to give the spin the population is looking for. This country complains about bias and wants bias. How else do you explain their viewership numbers? People only hate news that is biased against their viewpoints. So, half the country hates CNN but LOVES Fox. Meanwhile, the other half of the country hates Fox but LOVES CNN.

And, personally, I see nothing wrong with it. They are giving their customers what they want. If you really want news with considerably less slant, you can turn on C-Span. But, very few people do. Fox, CNN, and MSNBC take note of that and go the way that will give them more viewers and advertising dollars. You're free to choose bias or unbiased...and you (Americans) choose bias.
mightyleemoon

Postby deltbucs » Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:36 am

mightyleemoon wrote:

If Fox and CNN were totally fair and biased then the majority of the country would turn the channel in order to find the confirmation bias they are looking for.

Truth^^^

We're talking about the same American public that keeps re-electing Mitch McConnell and Debbie Wasserman Schultz....and elected Donald ****ing Trump to the highest office in the land.
deltbucs

Postby DreadNaught » Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:49 am

deltbucs wrote:
mightyleemoon wrote:
If Fox and CNN were totally fair and biased then the majority of the country would turn the channel in order to find the confirmation bias they are looking for.

Truth^^^

We're talking about the same American public that keeps re-electing Mitch McConnell and Debbie Wasserman Schultz....and elected Donald ****ing Trump to the highest office in the land.

That vast majority of the American public have no influence on Mitch McConnell getting re-elected, even more have no influence on congressional districts w/ people Maxine Waters or DWS.

But I get your point I think. Hell, AFTER DWS was fired from the DNC for election rigging the Dems in her district still voted her in over Democratic rival just weeks later.

Trump might have been right with his statement that he could literally shoot someone on 5th avenue and not lose votes. But that type of loyalty obviously isn't isolated to him or a specific party.
DreadNaught

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:54 am

DreadNaught wrote:
deltbucs wrote:Truth^^^

That vast majority of the American public have no influence on Mitch McConnell getting re-elected, even more have no influence on congressional districts w/ people Maxine Waters or DWS.

But I get your point I think. Hell, AFTER DWS was fired from the DNC for election rigging the Dems in her district still voted her in over Democratic rival just weeks later.

Trump might have been right with his statement that he could literally shoot someone on 5th avenue and not lose votes. But that type of loyalty obviously isn't isolated to him or a specific party.

That's what delt just said.

Yet still you posted an excuse for McConnell and DWS as an example of bad Democrats.

Is that a knee-jerk thing going partisan like that?
Mountaineer Buc

Postby DreadNaught » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:00 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:

That's what delt just said.

Yet still you posted an excuse for McConnell and DWS as an example of bad Democrats.

McConnell is not a Democrat

What was partisan? That loyalty isn't isolated to a party?

I was agreeing with Delt for the most part. Just made the point that most Americans don't have say in most of these political races outside their district or state is all.
DreadNaught

Postby deltbucs » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:03 pm

DreadNaught wrote:
deltbucs wrote:Truth^^^

Pretty much my point. You think those districts are much different than any other districts. No one shows up to primaries outside of the presidential...and even those turnouts are low. Then the people that show up for the general elections just bubble in the first one with (D) or (R) next to it.
I honestly don't know if I'd be against tighter voting restrictions. Like where voters have to prove that they did a little homework and aren't just basically Christmas-treeing.

We don't need term limits. We need educated voters.
deltbucs

Postby DreadNaught » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:12 pm

deltbucs wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:

Pretty much my point. You think those districts are much different than any other districts. No one shows up to primaries outside of the presidential...and even those turnouts are low. Then the people that show up for the general elections just bubble in the first one with (D) or (R) next to it.
I honestly don't know if I'd be against tighter voting restrictions. Like where voters have to prove that they did a little homework and aren't just basically Christmas-treeing.

Agreed, it will never happen but I'd be fine if one day we move to biometric voting and you had to take a brief course (20-30 minutes) where you are provided information on issues and had to answer a variety of questions on your position on each issue, then rank those issues in a hierarchy of importance to you. From there the program would provide a % score on who you SHOULD vote for an why. Ultimately the final decision will always be up to the individual voter, but imho it would be a better process in that would provide more convenience and hopefully a somewhat more educated voter.
DreadNaught

Postby Buc2 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:23 pm

DreadNaught wrote:
deltbucs wrote:Pretty much my point. You think those districts are much different than any other districts. No one shows up to primaries outside of the presidential...and even those turnouts are low. Then the people that show up for the general elections just bubble in the first one with (D) or (R) next to it.

Agreed, it will never happen but I'd be fine if one day we move to biometric voting and you had to take a brief course (20-30 minutes) where you are provided information on issues and had to answer a variety of questions on your position on each issue, then rank those issues in a hierarchy of importance to you. From there the program would provide a % score on who you SHOULD vote for an why. Ultimately the final decision will always be up to the individual voter, but imho it would be a better process in that would provide more convenience and hopefully a somewhat more educated voter.

We used to have a system somewhat like this. Back in the day, blacks and women in this country were not afforded many opportunities for an education, let alone an advanced education. They also weren't allowed to vote. So, was the state of the Union better or worse during the time when, generally speaking, only educated white men were allowed to vote?
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:29 pm

DreadNaught wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:That's what delt just said.

I was agreeing with Delt for the most part. Just made the point that most Americans don't have say in most of these political races outside their district or state is all.

I know McConnell isn't a Democrat. That's why it seemed odd to me that you shrugged off McConnell and laid into DWS when the consensus around here is that they both suck.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby DreadNaught » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:50 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:

I know McConnell isn't a Democrat. That's why it seemed odd to me that you shrugged off McConnell and laid into DWS when the consensus around here is that they both suck.

I agree they both suck. I didn't intend to shrug off McConnell at all, again the point was most Americans have zero influence in a Kentucky Senate race just as a Congressional race in Miami. I harped on DWS moreso b/c imho it was an easier case given her actions as the head of the DNC, but McConnell is the same type of crony establishment evil I'd like to see out of DC. But I've posted here that McConnell (along with McCain) are prime examples of the need for term limits.
DreadNaught

Postby Corsair » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:53 pm

Ike Kaveladze, the eighth man at the Trump Jr meeting, was implicated in a Russian money-laundering scheme.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2000/11/29/b ... -easy.html
Corsair

Postby DreadNaught » Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:03 pm

Buc2 wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:

We used to have a system somewhat like this. Back in the day, blacks and women in this country were not afforded many opportunities for an education, let alone an advanced education. They also weren't allowed to vote. So, was the state of the Union better or worse during the time when, generally speaking, only educated white men were allowed to vote?

Not at all and not where I was going. All CITIZENs should have the right to vote and it needs to be at no cost. But this is the technology age and if we can make it more convenient for people to vote (without violating the integrity of the vote tally) through some type of biometrics, than perhaps we can require also require a person takes the 20-30 minutes to go through the course/questions prior to casting their vote. If people just want to scroll through to the end and cast their vote than so be it.

I think of it like this, to vote now you have to drive to your local polling station, wait line, provide your ID (in most states) so they confirm your registration and identification, then go vote in a both, and drive home. That process takes close to an hour for most if the polling station is very close and there are no lines. Voting on election day every 4 years would take much longer.
DreadNaught

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:10 pm

DreadNaught wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:I know McConnell isn't a Democrat. That's why it seemed odd to me that you shrugged off McConnell and laid into DWS when the consensus around here is that they both suck.

I agree they both suck. I didn't intend to shrug off McConnell at all, again the point was most Americans have zero influence in a Kentucky Senate race just as a Congressional race in Miami. I harped on DWS moreso b/c imho it was an easier case given her actions as the head of the DNC, but McConnell is the same type of crony establishment evil I'd like to see out of DC. But I've posted here that McConnell (along with McCain) are prime examples of the need for term limits.

Fair enough, carry on.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby DreadNaught » Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:15 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:

Fair enough, carry on.

DreadNaught

Postby deltbucs » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:42 pm

DreadNaught wrote:
deltbucs wrote:Pretty much my point. You think those districts are much different than any other districts. No one shows up to primaries outside of the presidential...and even those turnouts are low. Then the people that show up for the general elections just bubble in the first one with (D) or (R) next to it.

Unfortunately that would pretty much leave voters where they are now. Politicians will just continue to lie about what their stances are, so people blindly vote for them. ****, look at what Orange Face had you guys believing like how he was going to drain the swamp and then immediately hired half of Goldman Sachs....or he was going to bring manufacturing jobs back yet 6 months later all of his own companies are still manufacturing overseas.

I'm pretty sure you already knew how corrupt Trump was and how his manufacturing was already done overseas, so maybe education isn't the answer either.
deltbucs

Postby Corsair » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:28 pm

It's being reported that Trump and Putin had a second 1 hr undisclosed meeting at the G20.
Corsair

Postby HamBone » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:30 pm

Corsair wrote:It's being reported that Trump and Putin had a second 1 hr undisclosed meeting at the G20.

And?
HamBone

Postby Zarniwoop » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:56 pm

HamBone wrote:
Corsair wrote:It's being reported that Trump and Putin had a second 1 hr undisclosed meeting at the G20.

And?

Simple -- hang, draw, then quarter
Zarniwoop

Postby Brazen331 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:13 pm

Any reporting on what was said? I wonder if Trump told him that it is now after the election and he has more flexibility?
Brazen331

Postby NavyBuc » Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:17 pm

mightyleemoon wrote:

How else do you explain their viewership numbers? People only hate news that is biased against their viewpoints. So, half the country hates CNN but LOVES Fox. Meanwhile, the other half of the country hates Fox but LOVES CNN.

Their viewership is what it is because there's no where else on tv to turn for news. People come home at night after work and want to see what's going on with the world. I do agree with some of your point that a lot of people do enjoy the slant one way or the other. But there's a lot of independents out there, like myself, who who want to hear the news and see the issues discussed with both sides discussing them and us making up our minds for ourselves which side we agree with. You go to Fox, they discuss issues and it's mostly only republicans, no demcorats. You go to CNN or MSNBC, and it's the exact opposite. I at least respect MSNBC because they are liberal and they admit they're liberal. CNN's mantra is Fox is right, MSNBC is left and they're in the middle.

I guess I'm in the minority with Trump, though. I've always been brought up to respect the President, and being in the Navy, as deplorable and disgusting as I think Trump acts at times and the fact he can bully people, I still respect the man and the Office and will salute him if I ever meet him. I was that way with Obama and Bush and Clinton. I just hate seeing people like those morons in Hollywood diss the President, any President, even Trump or when it was Obama. I just think that's disrespectful to the Office. I think you should respect whoever is in there no matter who it is or how they act. I think Hillary is a criminal, but I would have the utmost respect for her if she would have won.

I don't know. Maybe I was brought up and trained to be a good and respectful person, and there's not many of those left anymore in the country.
NavyBuc

Postby RedLeader » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:30 pm

Brazen331 wrote:

Any reporting on what was said? I wonder if Trump told him that it is now after the election and he has more flexibility?

Lol.
RedLeader

Postby Babeinbucland » Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:01 pm

How do you get Trump to change a light bulb?

You don't - he'll just lie that he changed it and all the republicans will just sit in the dark and agree.
Babeinbucland

Postby deltbucs » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:07 pm

NavyBuc wrote:
mightyleemoon wrote:
How else do you explain their viewership numbers? People only hate news that is biased against their viewpoints. So, half the country hates CNN but LOVES Fox. Meanwhile, the other half of the country hates Fox but LOVES CNN.

Their viewership is what it is because there's no where else on tv to turn for news. People come home at night after work and want to see what's going on with the world. I do agree with some of your point that a lot of people do enjoy the slant one way or the other. But there's a lot of independents out there, like myself, who who want to hear the news and see the issues discussed with both sides discussing them and us making up our minds for ourselves which side we agree with. You go to Fox, they discuss issues and it's mostly only republicans, no demcorats. You go to CNN or MSNBC, and it's the exact opposite. I at least respect MSNBC because they are liberal and they admit they're liberal. CNN's mantra is Fox is right, MSNBC is left and they're in the middle.

I guess I'm in the minority with Trump, though. I've always been brought up to respect the President, and being in the Navy, as deplorable and disgusting as I think Trump acts at times and the fact he can bully people, I still respect the man and the Office and will salute him if I ever meet him. I was that way with Obama and Bush and Clinton. I just hate seeing people like those morons in Hollywood diss the President, any President, even Trump or when it was Obama. I just think that's disrespectful to the Office. I think you should respect whoever is in there no matter who it is or how they act. I think Hillary is a criminal, but I would have the utmost respect for her if she would have won.

I don't know. Maybe I was brought up and trained to be a good and respectful person, and there's not many of those left anymore in the country.

I mean no offense when I say, but that's just what I consider being brainwashed. It's gut wrenching to see someone with this mind set. I was raised that I don't respect someone that would literally let me die to make an extra buck. I can't respect someone that pumps the FDA full of big pharma lobbyist and watches thousands of people die every year, because of it. Or someone that sends young men and women to die at war just so that Big Oil and defense contractors can get richer. Spend trillions of dollars on that, yet won't spend the money to provide the necessary medical and mental heath treatment for those lucky enough to make it back. I would spit on Obama or Trump or Bush or a Clinton. **** those ***holes.
deltbucs

Postby Babeinbucland » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:24 pm

Trump chose Jon Huntsman as ambassador to Russia. Solid pic as far as I can tell. Jon Huntsman is a good guys, morals, eithics and a very bright guy. Not sure why trump picked him but it is the first pick he has made that was rational and appropriate. Color me shocked (as you must be that I like something trump did lol)
Babeinbucland

PreviousNext

Return to Politics and Religion