Random terrorism news

A Place to respectfully discuss those topics that you should never discuss.
Re: Random terrorism news

Postby beardmcdoug » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:38 am

bucfanclw wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:The answer to combat Islamic extremism is not to murder innocent people.

This particular sentence deserves accentuating.

you don't need to murder them, just send them back
beardmcdoug

Postby bucfanclw » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:46 am

beardmcdoug wrote:
bucfanclw wrote:This particular sentence deserves accentuating.

Where maybe they'll be able to avoid being killed by extremists that view them as traitors long enough to die in the explosion from one of our bombs.
bucfanclw

Postby DreadNaught » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:51 am

deltbucs wrote:
bucfanclw wrote:This particular sentence deserves accentuating.

Honestly, I'm surprised that DN disagrees with Trump for once.

I disagree on plenty, mostly his antics. I just don't feel compelled to pile on since there already so much dissent, alot of which is justified. It's more fun to try and balance the discussion where I feel appropriate than to take the easy road. I've never proclaimed Trump is my ideal candidate or ideal for this country. Just a MUCH better option than the alternative imo.

But bombing/killing innocent Muslims is a policy Trump inherited, just as Obama before him. So on this, it's more of a disagreement with the foreign policy we've forged since deciding to go into Iraq than a disagreement with Trump.

I do believe we were completely justified going into Afghanistan after 9-11 since we knew that is where Bin-Laden had been and where many of the terror training camps where the 9-11 hijackers came from.

But IF we were going to go into any country after that it should have been Saudi Arabia (not saying we should have). But Iraq was the easier target for the military-industrial complex and Bush wanted to settle Daddy's score. War with the Saudis would've been bad for business, where as Iraq was viewed was expendable.

And here we are...
Last edited by DreadNaught on Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
DreadNaught

Postby Buc2 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:53 am

bucfanclw wrote:
beardmcdoug wrote:

Where maybe they'll be able to avoid being killed by extremists that view them as traitors long enough to die in the explosion from one of our bombs.

What's your solution since kumbaya doesn't seem to work?

My solution: Remove all of our military presence from the region (Middle East/Afghanistan) and work to ensure our borders are as secure as possible while also limiting access via commercial and private transportation from terrorist hotbeds. Of course, nothing will be 100% effective, but that's a start.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby DreadNaught » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:54 am

bucfanclw wrote:
beardmcdoug wrote:

Or one of there own. Let's not pretend these factions have not been slaughtering one another long before 9-11. We've just helped provide a common enemy now (us), which is aided by select passages of their holy book.

Plus, there are quite a few Muslim majority countries we don't bomb.
DreadNaught

Postby DreadNaught » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:58 am

Buc2 wrote:
bucfanclw wrote:Where maybe they'll be able to avoid being killed by extremists that view them as traitors long enough to die in the explosion from one of our bombs.

My solution: Remove all of our military presence from the region (Middle East/Afghanistan) and work to ensure our borders are as secure as possible while also limiting access via commercial and private transportation from terrorist hotbeds. Of course, nothing will be 100% effective, but that's a start.

Let's make Katy Perry the Emperor of the New World Order so we can open remove all borders and hug it out.
DreadNaught

Postby bucfanclw » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:02 am

Buc2 wrote:
bucfanclw wrote:Where maybe they'll be able to avoid being killed by extremists that view them as traitors long enough to die in the explosion from one of our bombs.

Funny enough, I agree. The budget savings we'd have from military spending if we stopped playing world police would be great, and that's not to mention the obvious benefit of not having our soldiers unnecessarily put in harm's way. It doesn't really help to get rid of Islamic extremism by taping a note saying "This is for your own good" on the bomb you just dropped on someone's kid's school because there were terrorists next door.
bucfanclw

Postby bucfanclw » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:03 am

DreadNaught wrote:
Buc2 wrote:What's your solution since kumbaya doesn't seem to work?

Let's make Katy Perry the Emperor of the New World Order so we can open remove all borders and hug it out.

I'm so glad you guys don't resort to stupid straw man arguments like those crazy liberals do...
bucfanclw

Postby beardmcdoug » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:23 am

bucfanclw wrote:
Buc2 wrote:What's your solution since kumbaya doesn't seem to work?

Funny enough, I agree. The budget savings we'd have from military spending if we stopped playing world police would be great, and that's not to mention the obvious benefit of not having our soldiers unnecessarily put in harm's way. It doesn't really help to get rid of Islamic extremism by taping a note saying "This is for your own good" on the bomb you just dropped on someone's kid's school because there were terrorists next door.

we're most definitely not playing world police and you should most definitely stop thinking of it like that
beardmcdoug

Postby PrimeMinister » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:26 am

bucfanclw wrote:Here's one of those stories that gives you a little bit of faith in humanity:

'Hero' imam praises group that saved Finsbury Park suspect from angry crowd

An imam hailed as a hero for preventing bystanders from attacking the suspected Finsbury Park mosque attacker has praised the “calm and collected” group who helped him keep the peace.

Mohammed Mahmoud, an imam at the Muslim Welfare House, arrived shortly after the suspect was wrestled to the ground. “By God’s grace we managed to surround him and protect him from any harm,” Mahmoud said at a press conference in north London on Monday afternoon.

Live Finsbury Park terror attack: imam protected attacker from a mob – latest updates
Counter-terrorism police investigating and Theresa May will chair emergency meeting after van strikes pedestrians, killing one, in Seven Sisters Road
Read more
“We stopped all forms of attack and abuse towards him that were coming from every angle.”

Mahmoud said he and others protected the man until they managed to flag down a passing police van. “We told them the situation and said there’s a mob attempting to hurt him. If you don’t take him God forbid he might be seriously hurt,” he said.

“So we pushed people away from him until he was safely taken by police into custody and put into the back of the van. And that’s all that we did. It wasn’t me alone, there were a group of brothers.

“They were calm and collected and managed to calm people down and to extinguish any flames of anger or mob rule that would have taken charge had this group of mature brothers not stepped in.” He said that the man, who was later arrested on suspicion of attempted murder, was unscathed.

Impressive to see someone attacking you and those like you based on hatred of your religion, and still have the presence of mind to stop bystanders from escalating violence against the dirtbag.

Definitely nice to see. I think that Imam's actions are a more accurate representation of their religion than the terrorists we highlight.
PrimeMinister

Postby DreadNaught » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:30 am

bucfanclw wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:

I'm so glad you guys don't resort to stupid straw man arguments like those crazy liberals do...

I should have used blue. It was a joke my man.
DreadNaught

Postby bucfanclw » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:34 am

DreadNaught wrote:
bucfanclw wrote:I'm so glad you guys don't resort to stupid straw man arguments like those crazy liberals do...

I should have used blue. It was a joke my man.

I'm sorry, I ACTUALLY thought you wanted to make Katy Perry the Emperor of the NWO... is that what you're taking from this?
bucfanclw

Postby DreadNaught » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:47 am

bucfanclw wrote:I'm so glad you guys don't resort to stupid straw man arguments like those crazy liberals do...

bucfanclw wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:I should have used blue. It was a joke my man.

I'm sorry, I ACTUALLY thought you wanted to make Katy Perry the Emperor of the NWO... is that what you're taking from this?

Nope, just that it was a joke and never intended to be used as an argument (strawman or otherwise) in any way. Apologies for any confusion it caused.
DreadNaught

Postby bucfanclw » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:57 am

DreadNaught wrote:

bucfanclw wrote:I'm sorry, I ACTUALLY thought you wanted to make Katy Perry the Emperor of the NWO... is that what you're taking from this?

Nope, just that it was a joke and never intended to be used as an argument (strawman or otherwise) in any way. Apologies for any confusion it caused.

It was an argument based on a purposely exaggerated view of what you think the debate opponent believes. That's what a ****ing straw man is! Someone that accuses others of straw man as much as you do should understand the hypocrisy you're exhibiting. There's no confusion on my part.
bucfanclw

Postby DreadNaught » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:24 am

bucfanclw wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:

It was an argument based on a purposely exaggerated view of what you think the debate opponent believes. That's what a ****ing straw man is! Someone that accuses others of straw man as much as you do should understand the hypocrisy you're exhibiting. There's no confusion on my part.

Noted. It was a joke, but if you feel otherwise than so be it.
DreadNaught

Postby Ken Carson » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:40 pm

bucfanclw wrote:Here's one of those stories that gives you a little bit of faith in humanity:

'Hero' imam praises group that saved Finsbury Park suspect from angry crowd

An imam hailed as a hero for preventing bystanders from attacking the suspected Finsbury Park mosque attacker has praised the “calm and collected” group who helped him keep the peace.

Mohammed Mahmoud, an imam at the Muslim Welfare House, arrived shortly after the suspect was wrestled to the ground. “By God’s grace we managed to surround him and protect him from any harm,” Mahmoud said at a press conference in north London on Monday afternoon.

Live Finsbury Park terror attack: imam protected attacker from a mob – latest updates
Counter-terrorism police investigating and Theresa May will chair emergency meeting after van strikes pedestrians, killing one, in Seven Sisters Road
Read more
“We stopped all forms of attack and abuse towards him that were coming from every angle.”

Mahmoud said he and others protected the man until they managed to flag down a passing police van. “We told them the situation and said there’s a mob attempting to hurt him. If you don’t take him God forbid he might be seriously hurt,” he said.

“So we pushed people away from him until he was safely taken by police into custody and put into the back of the van. And that’s all that we did. It wasn’t me alone, there were a group of brothers.

“They were calm and collected and managed to calm people down and to extinguish any flames of anger or mob rule that would have taken charge had this group of mature brothers not stepped in.” He said that the man, who was later arrested on suspicion of attempted murder, was unscathed.

Impressive to see someone attacking you and those like you based on hatred of your religion, and still have the presence of mind to stop bystanders from escalating violence against the dirtbag.

Or they (rightly) helped him into a full body cast. Wouldn't blame him.
Ken Carson

Postby Zarniwoop » Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:52 pm

Canadian sniper took out an ISIS member from over 2 miles away

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/06/22/ca ... ghter.html
Zarniwoop

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:14 pm

Zarniwoop wrote:Canadian sniper took out an ISIS member from over 2 miles away

But did he apologize?
Mountaineer Buc

Postby PrimeMinister » Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:31 pm

That's amazing. Wow.
PrimeMinister

Postby deltbucs » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:32 pm

A Canadian? I miss when Obama was president and we did more winning.
deltbucs

Postby Brazen331 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:46 am

deltbucs wrote:

A Canadian? I miss when Obama was president and we did more winning.

I miss Camelot, too. I wish we could go back. But we got conned.
Brazen331

Postby HamBone » Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:59 am

A U.S. airstrike killed Abu Khattab al Awlaqi, a senior leader of Al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula, and two of his close associates, U.S. Central Command announced Thursday.
HamBone

Postby deltbucs » Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:32 am

Brazen331 wrote:
deltbucs wrote:A Canadian? I miss when Obama was president and we did more winning.

I miss Camelot, too. I wish we could go back. But we got conned.

So you're back to admitting that you voted for Trump now? I haven't see so much flip-flopping since Trumps last tweet.
deltbucs

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:42 pm

HamBone wrote:A U.S. airstrike killed Abu Khattab al Awlaqi, a senior leader of Al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula, and two of his close associates, U.S. Central Command announced Thursday.

in the Arabian Peninsula? Nice of them to be specific.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby bucfanclw » Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:51 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
HamBone wrote:A U.S. airstrike killed Abu Khattab al Awlaqi, a senior leader of Al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula, and two of his close associates, U.S. Central Command announced Thursday.

Sheesh! They narrow it down to 9 countries and you want MORE info?
bucfanclw

Postby HamBone » Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:54 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:

LOL...I'm sure if you send an email to the al-Qaeda admin they will most likely change their name.
HamBone

Postby Buc2 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:55 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:

If you read the whole story, it's pretty clear they are talking about Yemen. But feel free to carry on with your narrative.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby bucfanclw » Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:57 pm

HamBone wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:in the Arabian Peninsula? Nice of them to be specific.

LOL...I'm sure if you send an email to the al-Qaeda admin they will most likely change their name.

"I went to the Publix in Florida"
"Could you narrow that down a bit?"
"LOL...I'm sure if you send an email to the Publix admin they will most likely change their name."

???
bucfanclw

Postby HamBone » Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:00 pm

bucfanclw wrote:
HamBone wrote:

"I went to the Publix in Florida"
"LOL...I'm sure if you send an email to the Publix admin they will most likely change their name."

???

The organization is named "al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula"...it is an affiliate of al-Qaeda.
HamBone

Postby bucfanclw » Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:03 pm

HamBone wrote:
bucfanclw wrote:"I went to the Publix in Florida"

???

The organization is named "al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula"...it is an affiliate of al-Qaeda.

Unfortunately, you didn't link to a story with more information so we were going by the headline you posted.
bucfanclw

PreviousNext

Return to Politics and Religion