Random Political News

A Place to respectfully discuss those topics that you should never discuss.
Re: Random Political News

Postby beardmcdoug » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:30 pm

mightyleemoon wrote:Speaking of other things that don't matter....the twitter world is going crazy over...

look at this fuckin white misogynistic patriarchal dinosaur assuming his wives' gender and notice how he takes the dominant higher stance over her, how he purposefully hangs back a step so that he appears over a foot taller than her, which compliments the submissive black and white / fractured, fractured self, fractured strength, traditional 50's housewife dress she's forced her to wear in public to shame her and make her feel inferior. Look at her body language - head down, she's clearly ashamed of herself and her life, this is probably a subtle cry for help. Everything about this picture is what is wrong with society today. People think this is acceptable these days it makes me sick. They even look like they're from the 50's or something. Who is this even? probably the CEO of Monsanto or one of Trumps other golf buddies... I can't even
Last edited by beardmcdoug on Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
beardmcdoug

Postby mightyleemoon » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:40 pm

His suit pants look like pajama pants. With all that baggy...I assume he's some aging hip hop star.
mightyleemoon

Postby DreadNaught » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:12 pm

Via WaPo

Anne Rumsey Gearan‏
@agearan

Breaking: Treasury Dept denies exemption to Russia sanctions sought by Exxon

So the Trump administration denies something that both Russia and Exxon wanted and recently applied for an exception for.

But, but, but muh Tillerson-Exxon, muh Trump-Russia!!!
DreadNaught

Postby Corsair » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:45 pm

Welp, I guess that's it. We finally have proof that Trump and Russia didn't collude to interfere in our electoral process. Pack up your bags, Comey.

Time to focus on what's important, Susan Rice!
Corsair

Postby deltbucs » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:48 pm

DreadNaught wrote:Via WaPo

Anne Rumsey Gearan‏
@agearan

So the Trump administration denies something that both Russia and Exxon wanted and recently applied for an exception for.

Good
deltbucs

Postby mightyleemoon » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:55 pm

DreadNaught wrote:Via WaPo

Anne Rumsey Gearan‏
@agearan

This reminds me of how people act when they hear I'm from Chicago.

"You're from Chicago? My buddy Steve is from Chicago. Do you know him?"
mightyleemoon

Postby deltbucs » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:10 pm

mightyleemoon wrote:Speaking of other things that don't matter....the twitter world is going crazy over...

I don't get it
deltbucs

Postby Corsair » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:29 pm

Literally every piece of news is boiled down into taunting liberals.

The modern conservative movement is just a plurality of liberal hating online trolls. That's the extent of their policy views. They've been ridiculed by leftists and radicalized and whipped into a frenzy by FoxNews and Rush Limbaugh to the point where their only direction is "opposite of the liberals".

I keep hearing that Democrats need to "open their doors" and stop being so "smug" if they want to win. They can't keep calling the idiots "idiots" even though they deny immutable science and make heroes of people like Kim Davis and Ted Nugent. Seriously, if anyone thinks having Ted Nugent, Kid Rock, and Sarah Palin into the Oval Office to troll Hillary is a good and acceptable example of how the executive branch should operate then they need a reality check, not the Dems.

Take this for example:

beardmcdoug wrote:
look at this fuckin white misogynistic patriarchal dinosaur assuming his wives' gender and notice how he takes the dominant higher stance over her, how he purposefully hangs back a step so that he appears over a foot taller than her, which compliments the submissive black and white / fractured, fractured self, fractured strength, traditional 50's housewife dress she's forced her to wear in public to shame her and make her feel inferior. Look at her body language - head down, she's clearly ashamed of herself and her life, this is probably a subtle cry for help. Everything about this picture is what is wrong with society today. People think this is acceptable these days it makes me sick. They even look like they're from the 50's or something. Who is this even? probably the CEO of Monsanto or one of Trumps other golf buddies... I can't even

I know it's a joke but let's just absorb this straw man created to ridicule. Except I don't know anyone who actually feels that way. It's like when SDBucs declares anyone a sjw just because they don't like his freedom to call women fat to their face.

Is this really what you guys stand for?
Corsair

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:33 pm

Building up and tearing down strawmen is a national pastime.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby DreadNaught » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:54 pm

Corsair wrote:

The modern conservative movement is just a plurality of liberal hating online trolls. That's the extent of their policy views. They've been ridiculed by leftists and radicalized and whipped into a frenzy by FoxNews and Rush Limbaugh to the point where their only direction is "opposite of the liberals".

I keep hearing that Democrats need to "open their doors" and stop being so "smug" if they want to win. They can't keep calling the idiots "idiots" even though they deny immutable science and make heroes of people like Kim Davis and Ted Nugent. Seriously, if anyone thinks having Ted Nugent, Kid Rock, and Sarah Palin into the Oval Office to troll Hillary is a good and acceptable example of how the executive branch should operate then they need a reality check, not the Dems.

Take this for example:

beardmcdoug wrote:

I know it's a joke but let's just absorb this straw man created to ridicule. Except I don't know anyone who actually feels that way. It's like when SDBucs declares anyone a sjw just because they don't like his freedom to call women fat to their face.

DreadNaught

Postby Zarniwoop » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:04 pm

Wait is Corsair using a post by Beardmcdoug to ask if this is what conservatives stand for?

So in a post deriding political straw men argument, Corsair posts a satirical comment by someone who would self identify more as a liberal than conservative and basically implies that conservatives think this way with his trite little "is this really what you believe", when in fact none of the board conservatives made any such remark.

I Heart Irony
Last edited by Zarniwoop on Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zarniwoop

Postby bucfanclw » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:29 pm

DreadNaught wrote:
Corsair wrote:

Take this for example:

You literally just proved his point. Good job.
bucfanclw

Postby Corsair » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:46 pm

Zarniwoop wrote:I Heart Irony

I know right!?

I even stated that I knew it was a joke, yet I was still immediately proven correct by the next troll to walk in the room with a MAGA hat on.
Corsair

Postby Zarniwoop » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:49 pm

Sure

We get it, you can troll as much as you want, but if someone else does they must be serious....which is also quite ironic seeing as though 50%+ of your posts seem to be trolling articles and memes yet your post criticized conservative trolls.

Knock yourself out sparky

I'm sure the liberal fan bois will all be in here soon getting your back

I'll give you this though...you are the only one that admits to their shtick and see the inanity in it
Zarniwoop

Postby deltbucs » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:10 pm

bucfanclw wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:

You literally just proved his point. Good job.

That was my exact thought. I don't think he even realized it.
deltbucs

Postby Babeinbucland » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:43 pm

Love this. Good job Jacoby.

AFTER WHITE HOUSE VISIT, JACOBY BRISSETT POSTS EMOTIONAL LETTER TO BARACK OBAMA ON INSTAGRAM
04.20.17 at 10:47 am ET
By Ryan Hannable

Shortly after the Patriots left the White House on Wednesday, third-string quarterback Jacoby Brissett posted a picture to Instagram of him in front of a picture of Barack Obama inside the White House.

It read: Dear Big O,

I am writing you this letter to say thank you. I want to thank you for what you have done for this country – outside of politics. Honestly, I don’t know enough about politics to judge what was good or bad, but I want you to know that when you said “Yes We Can” – a young man dreaming a dream from rough circumstances in Florida heard you. When you were elected President for the first time I was 16 and I watched you make the never-imaginable, attainable and I heard your cry to inspire hope. I used those words as motivation and saw your achievement as an opportunity and permission to work make my dreams come true too. You were the President of the United States – the highest office in the world. You broke a barrier and a stereotype proving not every minority has to use a ball to make a way. You’ve inspired a lifetime of dreamers young and old. Now, kids from my community – and my future children – will know that there is no dream too big – even they could be the President of the United States. As I prepare for the honor of visiting the White House, I will be there as a Super Bowl Champion – and I will think of you, mainly because the White House is a different, and better place because you lived there. I was a kid that came from nothing and I am living out one of the greatest dreams of my life. I am just grateful for the opportunity to walk on the same steps as you did, and to have a platform to inspire and I hope to leave my mark on history the way you did. One day, when I meet you, I will shake your hand and say thank you to your face but until then this kid is going to continue to dream until I can’t anymore. Thank you for blazing a trail, but for more than that, for leaving a paved road behind you for others to climb on.

The biggest adventure you can take is to live the life of your DREAMS – Oprah

Yes we can!! DREAM BIG!! Thank you,

Jacoby Brissett

P.S Holla at me to help you with your broke jump shot
Babeinbucland

Postby RedLeader » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:59 pm

Who?
RedLeader

Postby threadkiller » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:52 am

Corsair wrote:

Take this for example:

beardmcdoug wrote:

The schism is so deep reading your perspective. I know both sides continue to ostracize ourselves further and further from each other. I believe it is because we naturally react most strongly to what we disagree with. So we respond to the most sensational opinions with our most sensational opinions. Just ramping up the rhetoric to get more of a response back from the "crazy" opinion (that completely represents the entire "other side") that drew our attention to respond to in the first place.

Personally, I want my country focused almost exclusively on our citizens and that drives my current opinion on almost all political/governmental topics. That is what the Trump movement means to me, and why I strongly support it. It hasn't been 100%, but I've been pleased that I feel I see many examples where progress is being made in that direction.

I'm not sure how we get back to a more sane interaction, though. We can't even agree on basic facts/truths. We mostly get our information now from sanitized outlets providing either one extreme narrative or the other. Everything we inform ourselves with seems to be heavily opinion/agenda driven, on both sides of the political spectrum. We are just going to continue to see the other side as worse and worse as they continue to be brainwashed by fake news while we know the truth.
threadkiller

Postby Buc2 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:28 pm

RedLeader wrote:Who?

You're still reading her posts? :lol:
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Babeinbucland » Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:35 am

In case anyone is getting distracted by the Russian spy drama, North Korea, Bill O' Reilly being fired from Fox News, etc. the following bills have been introduced to Congress:
1. HR 861 Terminate the Environmental Protection Agency
2. HR 610 Vouchers for Public Education
3. HR 899 Terminate the Department of Education
4. HJR 69 Repeal Rule Protecting Wildlife
5. HR 370 Repeal Affordable Care Act
6. HR 354 Defund Planned Parenthood
7. HR 785 National Right to Work (this one ends unions)
8. HR 83 Mobilizing Against Sanctuary Cities Bill
9. HR 147 Criminalizing Abortion (“Prenatal Nondiscrimination Act”)
10. HR 808 Sanctions against Iran

If your senators and reps aren't saved in your phone yet, text your zip code to 520-200-2223. You'll get a text back with everyone's contact info. It gives you Federal and State.This is participant democracy at work.
Babeinbucland

Postby Wharf Rat » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:19 am

I'm good with all of those, except HJR 69 and HR 147.

Edit: It's cute she thinks her opinion matters. I've spent years calling my representative, senators and congressional leadership and nothing ever changes.
Wharf Rat

Postby mightyleemoon » Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:17 am

Wharf Rat wrote:I'm good with all of those, except HJR 69 and HR 147.

Edit: It's cute she thinks her opinion matters. I've spent years calling my representative, senators and congressional leadership and nothing ever changes.

Then maybe change your tone? I called a representative one time about wanting sidewalks on a road near my house and right about two years later we have a sidewalk. At a neighborhood meeting we all agreed the sidewalk was needed...we all called. And, presto: Sidewalk. Now, I don't know what you're calling for...but calling representatives can absolutely get things done.
mightyleemoon

Postby beardmcdoug » Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:50 am

mightyleemoon wrote:

Then maybe change your tone? I called a representative one time about wanting sidewalks on a road near my house and right about two years later we have a sidewalk. At a neighborhood meeting we all agreed the sidewalk was needed...we all called. And, presto: Sidewalk. Now, I don't know what you're calling for...but calling representatives can absolutely get things done.

"Hello?

HELLO?

YES MY NAME IS WHARF RAT

YES HELLO

HELLO YES MY NAME IS WHARF RAT AND IM CALLIN

YES IM CALLIN TO LET MY

YES IM HERE

HELLO?

YES IM CALLIN - MY NAME IS WARF RAT AND

YALL NEED TO LET MCDONALDS SERVE BEER

O...OK... OK THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

OK YOU TOO

OK BYE"

two weeks later

"oh how cute... she thinks her opinion matters... they don't change **** ..."

:mrgreen:
beardmcdoug

Postby Wharf Rat » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:06 am

mightyleemoon wrote:

I'd assume it would be easier to get things done on a local level, which isn't what she was talking about. My point was that our representatives in Washington do not really represent their constituency.

The best example, of issues I've called about, would be the ACA. I've voiced my opinion at every stage since it's inception. Yet, the democrats still rammed it through, expressing the need to pass it so we can see what's in it. The republicans said "elect us and we will repeal it". We vote, and they hold the Senate, House and White House and they still can't get anything done. I've called repeatedly. At this point I don't believe they have any intention to actually do anything. Which is why I'll never vote for another democrat or republican.

Do you all really feel our government truly represents the will of the people? I'm sure I'm not alone.
Wharf Rat

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:09 am

Wharf Rat wrote:
mightyleemoon wrote:

I'd assume it would be easier to get things done on a local level, which isn't what she was talking about. My point was that our representatives in Washington do not really represent their constituency.

The best example, of issues I've called about, would be the ACA. I've voiced my opinion at every stage since it's inception. Yet, the democrats still rammed it through, expressing the need to pass it so we can see what's in it. The republicans said "elect us and we will repeal it". We vote, and they hold the Senate, House and White House and they still can't get anything done. I've called repeatedly. At this point I don't believe they have any intention to actually do anything. Which is why I'll never vote for another democrat or republican.

Do you all really feel our government truly represents the will of the people? I'm sure I'm not alone.

You're not alone.

Whether you look at this from the right side of the aisle or the left side we are all saying the same thing. The public does not control the government anymore.

So the next logical question should be "Who does?"
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Buc2 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:21 am

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
Wharf Rat wrote:

You're not alone.

Whether you look at this from the right side of the aisle or the left side we are all saying the same thing. The public does not control the government anymore.

My vote would be to give the Libertarian's a chance. Won't happen though. ::shrug::
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:27 am

Buc2 wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:
You're not alone.

My vote would be to give the Libertarian's a chance. Won't happen though. ::shrug::

Even if you had the "nightwatchman state" that some Libertarians propose, would you like for it to be controlled by the public?
Mountaineer Buc

Postby mightyleemoon » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:31 am

Wharf Rat wrote:
mightyleemoon wrote:

The number of calls probably helps as well. Our neighborhood make up a big part of this guy's constituency. Get enough calls even at a national level, and it can make an impact. And I think that's her point. Trying to flood an office with calls.

However, sidewalks aren't really a partisan issue. I don't think any amount of phone calls would get someone like Pence to vote for gay marriage. So, if you're calling about a partisan issue, yea, you're wasting your time. And, some of the things on her list are partisan. But, not all of it. They should be able to make an impact on the less partisan issues with enough calls.
mightyleemoon

Postby Buc2 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:50 am

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
Buc2 wrote:My vote would be to give the Libertarian's a chance. Won't happen though. ::shrug::

Even if you had the "nightwatchman state" that some Libertarians propose, would you like for it to be controlled by the public?

I don't know what that is. Maybe I'll look it up later. For now...it's back to work.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Corsair » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:48 pm

It appears that the US Govt is now openly promoting a private property owned by Trump. Highly unethical.

https://uk.usembassy.gov/mar-lago-winter-white-house/
Corsair

PreviousNext

Return to Politics and Religion