Absolute randomness thread

General Discussion on any Off Topic subject
Re: Absolute randomness thread

Postby Buc2 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:49 am

Aussie cruises putting excitement back into cruise vacations.

Cruise ship on which big brawl broke out docks in Melbourne

It’s believed days of fighting preceded the scuffle and led to 23 members of a family being forced off

A cruise ship that had to have 23 members of an unruly family booted off after a mass brawl has docked in Melbourne.

Passengers described three days of mayhem during what was supposed to be an ideal holiday through the South Pacific.

The Carnival Legend arrived at its homeport in Melbourne on Saturday, following an unscheduled stop to offload the 23-member family at Eden on the the New South Wales south coast.

An NSW Police investigation is now under way into the brawl that broke out in the early hours of Friday at the ship’s nightclub.

Lisa Bolitho, a passenger, said the “big Italian family” spent the past few days attacking “Aussies”. “Very violent, they were full-on attacks,” she told reporters on Saturday.

“The captain said ‘What do you want me to do about it - throw them overboard?’.

“We’ve all made several complains saying kids were scared. They saw people getting strangled and punched up.”

Bolitho questioned the management’s handling of the incident.

“We were saying ‘We want them either locked up or taken off board’. It never happened and there was another four occasions,” she said. “We dropped them off at Eden yesterday, but that was after three days of violence.”

She said security staff ended up “jumping” the family, and had no choice but to do so. “They deserved everything they got – they were the aggressors.”

Bolitho said her son was targeted by the family, and the pair had to flee and lock themselves in their cabin.

“I was watching the fight and one guy came up to me and said ‘Do you want to go too bro?” her son said. “My mum had to drag me away from it all. They were trying to pick on any Aussie they could find.”

Kellie, a passenger, says a group of troublemakers had been starting fights for a few days including in front of children playing in the pool.

“There are people walking around with cut heads and hands,” she told Melbourne radio station 3AW.

David Barkho says his son phoned and begged him to call authorities after he sustained a head injury while on the ship.

His 20-year-old son said “a lot of people are bleeding, a lot of people down”.

“He rang me about 1am this morning and said ‘Pease dad, please dad, call the federal police’,” Mr Barkho told the radio station on Friday.

Video footage of the scuffle, shared on social media, shows dozens of people fighting each other, security guards and other staff before the person filming the incident is confronted by staff.

The Carnival general manager, Jennifer Vandekreek, said there were “limited and isolated events with the family in question” in the lead-up to the brawl.

“It is always our last resort. We felt it was the best course of action for the safety and security of our guests and our crew.

“We sincerely apologise to our guests who were impacted by the disruptive behaviour of the group removed from the ship by the NSW Police in Eden yesterday. Our care team is supporting those guests who have been affected,” she said in a statement.

The group was taken ashore and then to Canberra where they made other travel arrangements, NSW Police said.

Another video on social media shows dozens of passengers applauding, and taunting the family, as they were forced off the anchored ship and handed over to water police.

“Enjoy the rest of your cruise,” one woman yells out.

Carnival Cruise Line has also launched an internal investigation.

The incident comes after seven people were offloaded from a P&O ship in Sydney on Sunday after a 37-year-old Russian woman allegedly struck a 21-year-old man with an empty wine bottle during a fight about 1am.

Six men were released without charge while the Russian was charged with reckless wounding and affray.

Found a video of some of it...
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby NYBF » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:59 am

Security should have beat that guy's ass for filming a vertical video
NYBF

Postby Caradoc » Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:38 pm

Like they beat that guy on the ground, kicking him over and over. Expect a big lawsuit incoming.
Caradoc

Postby RedLeader » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:32 pm

Narendra Modi?!

Say it aint so!
RedLeader

Postby beardmcdoug » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:48 am

Buc2 wrote:Aussie cruises putting excitement back into cruise vacations.

Cruise ship on which big brawl broke out docks in Melbourne

It’s believed days of fighting preceded the scuffle and led to 23 members of a family being forced off

A cruise ship that had to have 23 members of an unruly family booted off after a mass brawl has docked in Melbourne.

Passengers described three days of mayhem during what was supposed to be an ideal holiday through the South Pacific.

The Carnival Legend arrived at its homeport in Melbourne on Saturday, following an unscheduled stop to offload the 23-member family at Eden on the the New South Wales south coast.

An NSW Police investigation is now under way into the brawl that broke out in the early hours of Friday at the ship’s nightclub.

Lisa Bolitho, a passenger, said the “big Italian family” spent the past few days attacking “Aussies”. “Very violent, they were full-on attacks,” she told reporters on Saturday.

“The captain said ‘What do you want me to do about it - throw them overboard?’.

“We’ve all made several complains saying kids were scared. They saw people getting strangled and punched up.”

Bolitho questioned the management’s handling of the incident.

“We were saying ‘We want them either locked up or taken off board’. It never happened and there was another four occasions,” she said. “We dropped them off at Eden yesterday, but that was after three days of violence.”

She said security staff ended up “jumping” the family, and had no choice but to do so. “They deserved everything they got – they were the aggressors.”

Bolitho said her son was targeted by the family, and the pair had to flee and lock themselves in their cabin.

“I was watching the fight and one guy came up to me and said ‘Do you want to go too bro?” her son said. “My mum had to drag me away from it all. They were trying to pick on any Aussie they could find.”

Kellie, a passenger, says a group of troublemakers had been starting fights for a few days including in front of children playing in the pool.

“There are people walking around with cut heads and hands,” she told Melbourne radio station 3AW.

David Barkho says his son phoned and begged him to call authorities after he sustained a head injury while on the ship.

His 20-year-old son said “a lot of people are bleeding, a lot of people down”.

“He rang me about 1am this morning and said ‘Pease dad, please dad, call the federal police’,” Mr Barkho told the radio station on Friday.

Video footage of the scuffle, shared on social media, shows dozens of people fighting each other, security guards and other staff before the person filming the incident is confronted by staff.

The Carnival general manager, Jennifer Vandekreek, said there were “limited and isolated events with the family in question” in the lead-up to the brawl.

“It is always our last resort. We felt it was the best course of action for the safety and security of our guests and our crew.

“We sincerely apologise to our guests who were impacted by the disruptive behaviour of the group removed from the ship by the NSW Police in Eden yesterday. Our care team is supporting those guests who have been affected,” she said in a statement.

The group was taken ashore and then to Canberra where they made other travel arrangements, NSW Police said.

Another video on social media shows dozens of passengers applauding, and taunting the family, as they were forced off the anchored ship and handed over to water police.

“Enjoy the rest of your cruise,” one woman yells out.

Carnival Cruise Line has also launched an internal investigation.

The incident comes after seven people were offloaded from a P&O ship in Sydney on Sunday after a 37-year-old Russian woman allegedly struck a 21-year-old man with an empty wine bottle during a fight about 1am.

Six men were released without charge while the Russian was charged with reckless wounding and affray.

Found a video of some of it...

LMAO I got this far in and said to myself "I bet they were Italian"
beardmcdoug

Postby PrimeMinister » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:59 pm

Security soccer kicking a passenger? Yep that’ll be a big lawsuit.
PrimeMinister

Postby Deuce » Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:54 pm

This seems like a decent place to vent.

Got a toll violation on a day that I worked (I get off at 4:30 in Tallahassee) for the Selmon Expressway at 6:30. I called the Toll-By-Plate number. The lady says "We have a black Nissan Sentra coming through at that time. Do you drive a black Nissan Sentra?" Their site wasn't showing the picture so my only defense was the work thing. She said someone in disputes or something would call me within a week. No one called.

Today, I logged on and the picture is up. It's a dark picture, sure. Same Bucs plate but there's a 0 where my plate has a D. And right above the plate...a Cadillac logo. I call them. "No sir, I do not see any identifying markings other than the plate." I have to get a supervisor who ends up correcting the whole thing.

Those CSRs can kiss my ass. They need glasses or higher res computers.
Deuce

Postby Kress » Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:37 pm

You stole a Cadillac? Nice!
Kress

Postby NYBF » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:18 pm

Caradoc wrote:Like they beat that guy on the ground, kicking him over and over. Expect a big lawsuit incoming.

PrimeMinister wrote:Security soccer kicking a passenger? Yep that’ll be a big lawsuit.

Are frivolous lawsuits when you're acting like an ***hole a thing outside the US?
NYBF

Postby Buc2 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:44 am

PrimeMinister wrote:Security soccer kicking a passenger? Yep that’ll be a big lawsuit.

Not sure lawsuits work the same in New Zealand is they do here. Also, since they were probably in international waters, I'm not even sure which court has jurisdiction.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Kress » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:56 am

Buc2 wrote:

Not sure lawsuits work the same in New Zealand is they do here. Also, since they were probably in international waters, I'm not even sure which court has jurisdiction.

The port of registry for the ship has jurisdiction (ever notice how the ads for all of the cruise ships around here say they are registered in the Bahamas?), and maritime laws would be applied.
Kress

Postby Caradoc » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:30 pm

NYBF wrote:
Caradoc wrote:Like they beat that guy on the ground, kicking him over and over. Expect a big lawsuit incoming.

Are frivolous lawsuits when you're acting like an ***hole a thing outside the US?

So, you feel he had it coming?
Caradoc

Postby NYBF » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:37 pm

Caradoc wrote:
NYBF wrote:

According to the stories, yes.
NYBF

Postby Caradoc » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:10 pm

NYBF wrote:
Caradoc wrote:

Something tells me that if he was a black guy in Baltimore you'd feel differently.
Caradoc

Postby NYBF » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:06 pm

Caradoc wrote:
NYBF wrote:

Something tells me that if he was a black guy in Baltimore you'd feel differently.

If he was a black guy in Baltimore whose family was running around beating everyone up, he should get the **** kicked out of him.
NYBF

Postby RedLeader » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:58 pm

Most change-of-address requests from Puerto Rico and USVI between Oct 1 and Dec 31

1 Florida 2.8K
2 Pennsylvania 874
3 Virginia 425
4 Texas 393
5 Massachusetts 345
6 New Jersey 268
7 Connecticut 235
8 New York 205
9 Ohio 188
10 N Carolina 122

USPS/CNN

NC is about to get a whole lot more diverse... :D
RedLeader

Postby Buc2 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:13 pm

Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby DreadNaught » Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:16 pm

Where the **** were these teachers when I was in school? Unreal...

A Florida middle school teacher is accused of having a sexual relationship with a 14-year-old male student and sending him nude photos.

Stephanie Peterson, 26, was arrested Wednesday and charged with two counts of lewd or lascivious battery and one count of transmission of harmful materials to a minor, the Volusia County Sheriff’s Office reported.

According to officials, Peterson – a science teacher at New Smyrna Beach Middle School – began a relationship with an student in 8th grade in November. The student told detectives on Tuesday that it began with her sending him nude photos.

He reportedly said Peterson then started driving over to his home at night and, on several occasions, picking him up around 11 p.m. and bringing him back around 1 or 2 a.m. The student said she also bought him marijuana.

DreadNaught

Postby RedLeader » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:20 pm

% of companies with women on the

Founding team:
US 24%
UK 17%
China 35%

C-suite:
US 43%
UK 59%
China 63%

Board of directors:
US 29%
UK 34%
China 45%

(Silicon Valley Bank)
RedLeader

Postby RedLeader » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:22 pm

DreadNaught wrote:Where the **** were these teachers when I was in school? Unreal...

A Florida middle school teacher is accused of having a sexual relationship with a 14-year-old male student and sending him nude photos.

Stephanie Peterson, 26, was arrested Wednesday and charged with two counts of lewd or lascivious battery and one count of transmission of harmful materials to a minor, the Volusia County Sheriff’s Office reported.

According to officials, Peterson – a science teacher at New Smyrna Beach Middle School – began a relationship with an student in 8th grade in November. The student told detectives on Tuesday that it began with her sending him nude photos.

He reportedly said Peterson then started driving over to his home at night and, on several occasions, picking him up around 11 p.m. and bringing him back around 1 or 2 a.m. The student said she also bought him marijuana.

Nice snatch... errr, I mean, catch!
RedLeader

Postby The Outsider » Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:51 pm

The Outsider

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:43 pm

I've done worse.

I've done a lot worse
Mountaineer Buc

Postby MJW » Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:52 am

If you pretend Bono is actually singing, "Sun-believably Sunday!" the song seems less about the Bogside Massacre in Derry, and more about a day off spent windsurfing or something.
MJW

Postby Buc2 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:23 am

Mountaineer Buc wrote:I've done worse.

I've done a lot worse

Maybe try a different kind of fish next time?
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:25 pm

Buc2 wrote:

I've done a lot worse

Well played.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Caradoc » Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:16 pm

Buc2 wrote:

I've done a lot worse

Avoid flounder, it’s kind of boring. And don’t let anyone see you with that dogfish
Caradoc

Postby Caradoc » Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:47 pm

Just got power back on. Been out since friday afternoon. New storm is going to hit in a few hours, probably going to lose it again. Thank God for fireplaces, been using both gas and wood ones. Sucks to be without power when you're on well water. Funny thing is, 15+ years in FL and I never went more than 2 days without. Now when it's 25-35 degrees out it takes for ever.

And I've only been in this &#^@%$# state for 2 months.
Caradoc

Postby RedLeader » Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:02 pm

Caradoc wrote:Just got power back on. Been out since friday afternoon. New storm is going to hit in a few hours, probably going to lose it again. Thank God for fireplaces, been using both gas and wood ones. Sucks to be without power when you're on well water. Funny thing is, 15+ years in FL and I never went more than 2 days without. Now when it's 25-35 degrees out it takes for ever.

And I've only been in this &#^@%$# state for 2 months.

Speaking of which, has anyone heard from Wooden Injun?
RedLeader

Postby Kress » Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:26 am

I'm in the doctor's office waiting room, and the building (hospital professional office building) is testing the fire alarms. Good GOD it's loud. Why are they doing this during business hours? It just keeps going off, every 45 seconds or so. SO LOUD!!!!!
Kress

Postby Buc2 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:46 pm

Kress wrote:I'm in the doctor's office waiting room, and the building (hospital professional office building) is testing the fire alarms. Good GOD it's loud. Why are they doing this during business hours? It just keeps going off, every 45 seconds or so. SO LOUD!!!!!

Because it's business hours would be my guess.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic