2019 Storm Watch

General Discussion on any Off Topic subject
Re: 2019 Storm Watch

Postby Crocaneers » Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:15 pm

NYBF wrote:That's in Okracoke?

Yeah. They won't let anyone on the island unless its emergency, military, or resident
Crocaneers

Postby Nano » Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:12 am

North and South Korea got hit by a Typhoon. 5 died in the north, 3 in the south.
Nano

Postby Nano » Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:51 pm

Death toll for Dorian has reached over 50. Over 70,000 people now homeless. Guess they're trying to move a lot of people south to Nassau or west to Florida. Can't imagine what Bahamian is going through...it's going to be a very long road to recovery. Hope he can stay strong.
Nano

Postby Jason Bourne » Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:29 pm

Nano wrote:Death toll for Dorian has reached over 50. Over 70,000 people now homeless. Guess they're trying to move a lot of people south to Nassau or west to Florida. Can't imagine what Bahamian is going through...it's going to be a very long road to recovery. Hope he can stay strong.

Yeah , they took people of the ferry to Florida who didn’t have any paper work . Maybe they lost the papers when they lost the house ...., doh !
Jason Bourne

Postby Crocaneers » Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:04 pm

Keep the Gulf in your vision

Courtesy of Paul [Fox13Weather]
Last edited by Crocaneers on Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Crocaneers

Postby Noles1724 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:14 pm

Crocaneers wrote:Keep the Gulf in your vision

Courtesy of Paul [FoxWeather]

Fox creating a storm to justify their boy?
Noles1724

Postby Nano » Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:21 pm

PTC #9...soon to be Humberto

Nano

Postby Crocaneers » Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:33 pm

The Bahamas really don't need this.
Crocaneers

Postby Kress » Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:01 pm

Question for our weather folks: What is it that causes the prevailing systems/currents to drag these things all the way across from Africa, only to have them move north and then boomerang back once they get here? I can guess, but I've never bothered to look.
Kress

Postby Selmon Rules » Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:34 pm

Kress wrote:Question for our weather folks: What is it that causes the prevailing systems/currents to drag these things all the way across from Africa, only to have them move north and then boomerang back once they get here? I can guess, but I've never bothered to look.

Not a weather geek but my history background would suspect it has something to do with the prevailing winds that sent ships back and forth following different trade winds in different parts of the Atlantic.... I believe the winds in the North Atlantic go more in a west to east direction while the winds heading east to west tend to be further south, along a similar track as hurricanes tend to follow

Shot in the dark
Sig currently being held hostage by Photobucket, will return next fall
Selmon Rules

Postby Buc2 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:36 pm

Selmon Rules wrote:
Kress wrote:Question for our weather folks: What is it that causes the prevailing systems/currents to drag these things all the way across from Africa, only to have them move north and then boomerang back once they get here? I can guess, but I've never bothered to look.

Not a weather geek but my history background would suspect it has something to do with the prevailing winds that sent ships back and forth following different trade winds in different parts of the Atlantic.... I believe the winds in the North Atlantic go more in a west to east direction while the winds heading east to west tend to be further south, along a similar track as hurricanes tend to follow

Shot in the dark

Back in the day, when sailing from England to the New World, the route always went from England south, then west towards the Carribean and, finally, north to a landing in the Colonies. Return trips took the reverse route. When relying on wind power, going straight east to west/west to east was not practical because of the prevailing winds. The long route was why a crossing usually took them up to 8-9 months to accomplish. It was a brutal trip for the early Colonists.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Selmon Rules » Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:55 pm

Buc2 wrote:
Selmon Rules wrote:Not a weather geek but my history background would suspect it has something to do with the prevailing winds that sent ships back and forth following different trade winds in different parts of the Atlantic.... I believe the winds in the North Atlantic go more in a west to east direction while the winds heading east to west tend to be further south, along a similar track as hurricanes tend to follow

Shot in the dark

Back in the day, when sailing from England to the New World, the route always went from England south, then west towards the Carribean and, finally, north to a landing in the Colonies. Return trips took the reverse route. When relying on wind power, going straight east to west/west to east was not practical because of the prevailing winds. The long route was why a crossing usually took them up to 8-9 months to accomplish. It was a brutal trip for the early Colonists.

So basically a "round trip" to the New World and back literally was a "round trip".... That's what I thought...
Sig currently being held hostage by Photobucket, will return next fall
Selmon Rules

Postby Crocaneers » Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:11 pm

Crocaneers

Postby Betsy » Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:51 pm

Crocaneers wrote:10

turnnorthturnnorthturnnorthturnnorthturnnorthturnnorthturnnorthturnnorthturnnorthturnnorthturnnorthturnnorthturnnorth
turnnorthturnnorthturnnorthturnnorthturnnorthturnnorthturnnorthturnnorthturnnorthturnnorthturnnorthturnnorthturnnorth
turnnorthturnnorthturnnorthturnnorthturnnorthturnnorthturnnorthturnnorthturnnorthturnnorthturnnorthturnnorthturnnorth turnnorthturnnorthturnnorthturnnorthturnnorthturnnorthturnnorthturnnorthturnnorthturnnorthturnnorthturnnorthturnnorth turnnorthturnnorthturnnorthturnnorthturnnorthturnnorthturnnorthturnnorthturnnorthturnnorthturnnorthturnnorthturnnorth turnnorthturnnorthturnnorthturnnorthturnnorthturnnorthturnnorthturnnorthturnnorthturnnorthturnnorthturnnorthturnnorth turnnorthturnnorthturnnorthturnnorthturnnorthturnnorthturnnorthturnnorthturnnorthturnnorthturnnorthturnnorthturnnorth turnnorthturnnorthturnnorthturnnorthturnnorthturnnorthturnnorthturnnorthturnnorthturnnorthturnnorthturnnorthturnnorth turnnorthturnnorthturnnorthturnnorthturnnorthturnnorthturnnorthturnnorthturnnorthturnnorthturnnorthturnnorthturnnorth turnnorthturnnorthturnnorthturnnorthturnnorthturnnorthturnnorthturnnorthturnnorthturnnorthturnnorthturnnorthturnnorth turnnorthturnnorthturnnorthturnnorthturnnorthturnnorthturnnorthturnnorthturnnorthturnnorthturnnorthturnnorthturnnorth
Betsy

Postby Crocaneers » Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:04 pm

Betsy wrote:
Crocaneers wrote:10

turnnortheastturnnortheastturnnortheastturnnortheastturnnortheastturnnortheastturnnortheastturnnortheastturnnortheastturnnortheastturnnortheastturnnortheastturnnortheast
turnnortheastturnnortheastturnnortheastturnnortheastturnnortheastturnnortheastturnnortheastturnnortheastturnnortheastturnnortheastturnnortheastturnnortheastturnnortheast
turnnortheastturnnortheastturnnortheastturnnortheastturnnortheastturnnortheastturnnortheastturnnortheastturnnortheastturnnortheastturnnortheastturnnortheastturnnortheast turnnortheastturnnortheastturnnortheastturnnortheastturnnortheastturnnortheastturnnortheastturnnortheastturnnortheastturnnortheastturnnortheastturnnortheastturnnortheast turnnortheastturnnortheastturnnortheastturnnortheastturnnortheastturnnortheastturnnortheastturnnortheastturnnortheastturnnortheastturnnortheastturnnortheastturnnortheast turnnortheastturnnortheastturnnortheastturnnortheastturnnortheastturnnortheastturnnortheastturnnortheastturnnortheastturnnortheastturnnortheastturnnortheastturnnortheast turnnortheastturnnortheastturnnortheastturnnortheastturnnortheastturnnortheastturnnortheastturnnortheastturnnortheastturnnortheastturnnortheastturnnortheastturnnortheast turnnortheastturnnortheastturnnortheastturnnortheastturnnortheastturnnortheastturnnortheastturnnortheastturnnortheastturnnortheastturnnortheastturnnortheastturnnortheast turnnortheastturnnortheastturnnortheastturnnortheastturnnortheastturnnortheastturnnortheastturnnortheastturnnortheastturnnortheastturnnortheastturnnortheastturnnortheast turnnortheastturnnortheastturnnortheastturnnortheastturnnortheastturnnortheastturnnortheastturnnortheastturnnortheastturnnortheastturnnortheastturnnortheastturnnortheast turnnortheastturnnortheastturnnortheastturnnortheastturnnortheastturnnortheastturnnortheastturnnortheastturnnortheastturnnortheastturnnortheastturnnortheastturnnortheast

FIXED
Crocaneers

Postby Nano » Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:25 pm

Imelda quickly forms just in time to landfall in Texas
Nano

Postby Crocaneers » Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:00 pm

Imelda left LOTS of water in Houston

This is in the Beaumont area

At Bush Airport

Crocaneers

Postby Crocaneers » Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:47 am

Three storms currently active.

Jerry
Karen
Lorenzo
Crocaneers

Postby StillCSG » Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:05 am

Karen is looking for a manager in So Fla in 8 days it appears
StillCSG

Postby PetePierson » Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:52 am

StillCSG wrote:Karen is looking for a manager in So Fla in 8 days it appears

No idea what that means.

Makes me think of Ray Liotta in Goodfellas.

"KAREN......"
PetePierson

Postby TheChefO » Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:03 pm

PetePierson wrote:
StillCSG wrote:Karen is looking for a manager in So Fla in 8 days it appears

No idea what that means.

Makes me think of Ray Liotta in Goodfellas.

"KAREN......"

Storm shows up in the middle of the night straddling FL with a revolver ...

"Karen..."
TheChefO

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:07 pm

"Because they fall asleep in the getaway car, Karen!"
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Nano » Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:08 pm

Lorenzo could reach major status before drifting out north.

Karen could be one to watch

Nano

Postby Crocaneers » Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:30 am

I would keep an eye on Karen .. the loop around is always trouble, and the water is still warm

Crocaneers

Postby The Outsider » Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:32 am

I wonder if Karen is still posting on tbaybucs.com
The Outsider

Postby Kress » Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:46 am

Crocaneers wrote:I would keep an eye on Karen .. the loop around is always trouble, and the water is still warm

You could OOCA the heck out of that.
Kress

Postby Phantom Phenom » Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:01 pm

Crocaneers wrote:I would keep an eye on Karen .. the loop around is always trouble, and the water is still warm

Remind me of hurricane Jeanne in 2004

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hurrica ... _track.png
Phantom Phenom

Postby Nano » Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:23 am

Karen is likely to die in the coming days. The low is decoupling from the rest of the storm, and it will likely turn subtropical before dying completely.

A storm to watch though is Lorenzo. Not cause it's going to hit anywhere(it's a fish storm)...but because of how ****ing big it is.

He's a good 900 ft across and is one of the largest storms in Atlantic history.
Nano

Postby bucfanclw » Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:27 am

Nano wrote:Karen is likely to die in the coming days. The low is decoupling from the rest of the storm, and it will likely turn subtropical before dying completely.

A storm to watch though is Lorenzo. Not cause it's going to hit anywhere(it's a fish storm)...but because of how ****ing big it is.

He's a good 900 ft across and is one of the largest storms in Atlantic history.

900ft? Dear God...
bucfanclw

Postby Nano » Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:32 am

I know right? It's bigger than my house. (Note: I live in a tiny house).

I blame the dumbass though that put ft instead of miles :flying:
Nano

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic