** Official TV Show Thread **

General Discussion on any Off Topic subject
post

Re: ** Official TV Show Thread **

Postby Buc2 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:03 am

PrimeMinister wrote:
Buc2 wrote:Watched the first 2 episodes last night. Liking it so far. The dude that plays Greer is awesome. He's on another show I watch...Suits.


I liked the interaction between Greer and Ryan. The writers avoided the temptation to make Greer the “dumb ***hole boss who doesn’t get it”. They chose to make him a boss who actually understands WTF is going on below him.

That's how Clancy portrayed him, so the showrunners of this series wisely stuck with Clancy's image of Greer.
Image
Don't tread on me
User avatar
Buc2
 
Posts: 12358
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:16 pm
Location: America
Has thanked: 999 times
Been thanked: 429 times

Re: ** Official TV Show Thread **

Postby Teitan » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:02 pm

Finished Jack Ryan. It was getting good but the finale was so underwhelming. My wife and I looked at each other like.. that’s it?
User avatar
Teitan
 
Posts: 4944
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:07 pm
Has thanked: 256 times
Been thanked: 191 times

Re: ** Official TV Show Thread **

Postby Teitan » Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:26 pm

Just finished The Sinner season 2. It was solid, but not close to the first season. Also...



Spoiler:
We had the dad pegged for being a shady bad guy from almost the very first episode.
User avatar
Teitan
 
Posts: 4944
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:07 pm
Has thanked: 256 times
Been thanked: 191 times

Re: ** Official TV Show Thread **

Postby Crocaneers » Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:34 pm

Crocaneers wrote:Please tell me I'm not the only one who is looking forward to seeing Maniac [NetFlix]. It previews 9/ 21

Emma Stone
Jonah Hill (who has lost TONS of weight)


Anyone catch this yet? I haven't .. very likely to queue this weekend.

For commercial TV season starting this week, I am looking forward to "A Million Little Things" .. reads and looks a lot like "The Big Chill" .. I need a good series to follow this fall.
Image
User avatar
Crocaneers
 
Posts: 3013
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:44 am
Location: Gatorland (at least on the weekends )
Has thanked: 390 times
Been thanked: 280 times

Re: ** Official TV Show Thread **

Postby uscbucsfan » Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:37 pm

2 episodes in. SLOW....so slow. If the previews didn't look so good I would have quit by now.
Image
User avatar
uscbucsfan
 
Posts: 5431
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:21 pm
Has thanked: 116 times
Been thanked: 148 times

Re: ** Official TV Show Thread **

Postby Teitan » Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:45 pm

The previews made me think it was going to be slow...


Not sure how interested I am in watching. I’m sure I will at some point
User avatar
Teitan
 
Posts: 4944
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:07 pm
Has thanked: 256 times
Been thanked: 191 times

Re: ** Official TV Show Thread **

Postby Buc2 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:33 pm

To those that liked Last Man Standing, it was picked by Fox and premieres tonight.
Image
Don't tread on me
User avatar
Buc2
 
Posts: 12358
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:16 pm
Location: America
Has thanked: 999 times
Been thanked: 429 times

Re: ** Official TV Show Thread **

Postby uscbucsfan » Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:48 pm

Teitan wrote:The previews made me think it was going to be slow...


Not sure how interested I am in watching. I’m sure I will at some point

It's SO slow. 4 episodes in and I would give up if my wife didn't want to find out the mysteries of the show.
Image
User avatar
uscbucsfan
 
Posts: 5431
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:21 pm
Has thanked: 116 times
Been thanked: 148 times

Re: ** Official TV Show Thread **

Postby Deja Entendu » Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:51 pm

I didn't want the second season of Ozark to end. Same with Snowfall. Anyone else watch either of these?
Deja Entendu
 
Posts: 1718
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:59 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 78 times

Re: ** Official TV Show Thread **

Postby Teitan » Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:57 pm

uscbucsfan wrote:
Teitan wrote:The previews made me think it was going to be slow...


Not sure how interested I am in watching. I’m sure I will at some point

It's SO slow. 4 episodes in and I would give up if my wife didn't want to find out the mysteries of the show.


Ugh. Maybe I won’t check it out.


@Deja: I liked the first Ozark a lot. Only a couple episodes into the new season. Hoping it picks up.
User avatar
Teitan
 
Posts: 4944
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:07 pm
Has thanked: 256 times
Been thanked: 191 times

Re: ** Official TV Show Thread **

Postby IronDog » Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:54 pm

Been pulled in to "This is Us" by the better half.

Interested to see how the "Lethal Weapon" shakes out with the political turnover.
User avatar
IronDog
 
Posts: 1202
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:25 pm
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 59 times

Re: ** Official TV Show Thread **

Postby Zarniwoop » Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:36 pm

Deja Entendu wrote:I didn't want the second season of Ozark to end. Same with Snowfall. Anyone else watch either of these?


I watched ozark. It was ok. Not great but worth watching
Zarniwoop
 
Posts: 6987
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:23 pm
Has thanked: 378 times
Been thanked: 305 times

Re: ** Official TV Show Thread **

Postby IchabodCrane84 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:35 pm

IronDog wrote:Been pulled in to "This is Us" by the better half.

Interested to see how the "Lethal Weapon" shakes out with the political turnover.


Watched the first episode of the new season. Really liked Lethal Weapon as a series as long as you don't try to compare it to the movies. The guy who played Riggs was great and a good actor. The new guy, Cole, is a good character, problem is Sean William Scott isn't a good actor. He's a name they hoped would save the series after it's shake up.

I'll root for the show, but I don't see it surviving.
Image
User avatar
IchabodCrane84
 
Posts: 1940
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:29 pm
Location: St. Petersburg, FL
Has thanked: 122 times
Been thanked: 358 times

Re: ** Official TV Show Thread **

Postby IronDog » Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:24 am

IchabodCrane84 wrote:
IronDog wrote:Been pulled in to "This is Us" by the better half.

Interested to see how the "Lethal Weapon" shakes out with the political turnover.


Watched the first episode of the new season. Really liked Lethal Weapon as a series as long as you don't try to compare it to the movies. The guy who played Riggs was great and a good actor. The new guy, Cole, is a good character, problem is Sean William Scott isn't a good actor. He's a name they hoped would save the series after it's shake up.

I'll root for the show, but I don't see it surviving.

I agree. Interesting note that his character has the martial arts skills that Gibson's character did in the movies. The TV Riggs never put that on display. Supposedly he demonstrated the gun skills, but it was only mentioned in the episode during season 1 where they jumped out of the hotel window and he shot the bomb on the way down to the pool. Interesting that they brought Roger's boat into play this season with the new partner.
User avatar
IronDog
 
Posts: 1202
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:25 pm
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 59 times

Re: ** Official TV Show Thread **

Postby uscbucsfan » Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:22 pm

Teitan wrote:
uscbucsfan wrote:It's SO slow. 4 episodes in and I would give up if my wife didn't want to find out the mysteries of the show.


Ugh. Maybe I won’t check it out.


@Deja: I liked the first Ozark a lot. Only a couple episodes into the new season. Hoping it picks up.

Finished Maniac.

Not good. Wife was upset, too.
Image
User avatar
uscbucsfan
 
Posts: 5431
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:21 pm
Has thanked: 116 times
Been thanked: 148 times

Re: ** Official TV Show Thread **

Postby Bootz2004 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:24 pm

This season of American Horror Story is one of their best in a while.
User avatar
Bootz2004
 
Posts: 24976
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:17 pm
Has thanked: 97 times
Been thanked: 529 times

Re: ** Official TV Show Thread **

Postby uscbucsfan » Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:33 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:This season of American Horror Story is one of their best in a while.

I stopped watching during Freak Show. I liked the first 3 seasons.
Image
User avatar
uscbucsfan
 
Posts: 5431
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:21 pm
Has thanked: 116 times
Been thanked: 148 times

Re: ** Official TV Show Thread **

Postby Bootz2004 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:35 pm

uscbucsfan wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:This season of American Horror Story is one of their best in a while.

I stopped watching during Freak Show. I liked the first 3 seasons.


You'd like this one as well. This season is basically a sequel for both Murder House and Coven, seasons 1 & 3.
User avatar
Bootz2004
 
Posts: 24976
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:17 pm
Has thanked: 97 times
Been thanked: 529 times

Re: ** Official TV Show Thread **

Postby uscbucsfan » Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:54 pm

Not really a TV show, but Joe Rogan's stand up "Strange Times" on Netflix is hilarious.
Image
User avatar
uscbucsfan
 
Posts: 5431
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:21 pm
Has thanked: 116 times
Been thanked: 148 times

Re: ** Official TV Show Thread **

Postby Rocker » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:38 pm

For fans of the series, it looks like the Dresden Files is getting a fresh start.
Image
User avatar
Rocker
 
Posts: 4167
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:23 am
Location: Upper deck of the Old Sombrero
Has thanked: 235 times
Been thanked: 222 times

Re: ** Official TV Show Thread **

Postby Teitan » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:54 pm

uscbucsfan wrote:Not really a TV show, but Joe Rogan's stand up "Strange Times" on Netflix is hilarious.


I started watching it but wasn’t able to finish. What I saw.. I didn’t think it was as strong as Triggered. Need to watch the rest though.
User avatar
Teitan
 
Posts: 4944
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:07 pm
Has thanked: 256 times
Been thanked: 191 times

Re: ** Official TV Show Thread **

Postby uscbucsfan » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:56 pm

Teitan wrote:
uscbucsfan wrote:Not really a TV show, but Joe Rogan's stand up "Strange Times" on Netflix is hilarious.


I started watching it but wasn’t able to finish. What I saw.. I didn’t think it was as strong as Triggered. Need to watch the rest though.

I watched triggered tonight. He recycled a lot of the jokes. If you've seen one you've seen them both.
Image
User avatar
uscbucsfan
 
Posts: 5431
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:21 pm
Has thanked: 116 times
Been thanked: 148 times

Re: ** Official TV Show Thread **

Postby terrytate » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:30 am

Rocker wrote:For fans of the series, it looks like the Dresden Files is getting a fresh start.



Nice, they really missed the mark with the first show.

Maybe this is why Butcher hasn't been writing any damned books <grumble>
User avatar
terrytate
 
Posts: 2563
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:49 am
Has thanked: 14 times
Been thanked: 106 times

Re: ** Official TV Show Thread **

Postby Zarniwoop » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:56 pm

Anyone still watch Its Always Sunny?


After a few bad years, this year is really good again. Just watched the bathroom episode....one of their best ones yet
Zarniwoop
 
Posts: 6987
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:23 pm
Has thanked: 378 times
Been thanked: 305 times

Re: ** Official TV Show Thread **

Postby Heidguy » Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:44 am

Zarniwoop wrote:Anyone still watch Its Always Sunny?


After a few bad years, this year is really good again. Just watched the bathroom episode....one of their best ones yet


Animal **** house!

I still enjoy watching those idiots go crazy lol.
Heidguy
 
Posts: 857
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:50 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 23 times

Re: ** Official TV Show Thread **

Postby Zarniwoop » Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:05 am

Heidguy wrote:
Zarniwoop wrote:Anyone still watch Its Always Sunny?


After a few bad years, this year is really good again. Just watched the bathroom episode....one of their best ones yet


Animal **** house!

I still enjoy watching those idiots go crazy lol.



speaking as a man that poops as a cross dresser, i agree
Zarniwoop
 
Posts: 6987
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:23 pm
Has thanked: 378 times
Been thanked: 305 times

Re: ** Official TV Show Thread **

Postby uscbucsfan » Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:20 am

Zarniwoop wrote:
Heidguy wrote:
Animal **** house!

I still enjoy watching those idiots go crazy lol.



speaking as a man that poops as a cross dresser, i agree

I stopped watching a few seasons ago. I used to love it. I'll check it out again.
Image
User avatar
uscbucsfan
 
Posts: 5431
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:21 pm
Has thanked: 116 times
Been thanked: 148 times

Re: ** Official TV Show Thread **

Postby Zarniwoop » Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:24 am

that's the boat i was in...i wouldn't often watch anymore. season 10 was the last decent season IMO.

This one is so much better though .... so far only 1 bad episode (the ladies reboot of the Boggs thing)
Zarniwoop
 
Posts: 6987
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:23 pm
Has thanked: 378 times
Been thanked: 305 times

Re: ** Official TV Show Thread **

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:39 am

First episode of The Connors wasn't bad. They didn't spend an entire episode on acute grief (If you didn't know, they killed off Rosanne) like they did when Edith Bunker was killed off on all in the Family (Which was rather gut-wrenching). The show picks up a couple of weeks later and maintains the story arc they were building in the Rosanne reboot. Plenty of reeling by Dan and Jackie who are trying to keep things going, but don't know what to do.

I don't know how far they can take Rosanne without Rosanne, but the ensemble cast is so well established that I think they could get a couple of good seasons out of it.
Image
User avatar
Mountaineer Buc
 
Posts: 14799
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:15 pm
Location: Crestucky
Has thanked: 160 times
Been thanked: 674 times

Re: ** Official TV Show Thread **

Postby Deuce » Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:17 pm

Anyone else checked out Dark Tourist on Netflix? It's awesome but sadly only 8 episodes so far. Basically a guy travels around visiting things that have to do with death, war, evil, etc. Examples are radioactive areas, abandoned islands/cities, cleaning mummified remains, death rituals, and war re-enactments.

The Turkmenistan and Famagusta portions were my favorites. Some of the stuff with dead bodies made me a little queasy.
User avatar
Deuce
 
Posts: 1675
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:23 pm
Has thanked: 58 times
Been thanked: 53 times

PreviousNext

post

Return to Off Topic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Rocker, The Outsider and 19 guests