Switch to full style
General Discussion on any Off Topic subject
Post a reply

Re: ** Official TV Show Thread **

Mon May 14, 2018 9:10 am

I watched the 'Troy - Fall of a City' on Netflix. Very meh, would NOT recommend.

Re: ** Official TV Show Thread **

Mon May 14, 2018 9:35 pm

anyone watch the Rajneeshee documentary “Wild Wild Country?” 6-part documentary (1s one is quite slow) about a crazy story of a cult in Oregon in the early 1980s. I was born after, but some folks may remember it being in the news...

Re: ** Official TV Show Thread **

Tue May 15, 2018 7:13 am

Wife and I are just now getting into "West World"...

Halfway through season #1... pretty dang interesting, although it is a tad slow at times...

Re: ** Official TV Show Thread **

Tue May 15, 2018 9:33 am

Super K wrote:Wife and I are just now getting into "West World"...

Halfway through season #1... pretty dang interesting, although it is a tad slow at times...

It has to be slow at times to fit in all the character development and to show the intricate sub-plots and back stories. If they wanted to make it move faster then it may as well just be a 2 hour movie and be done with it.

Re: ** Official TV Show Thread **

Thu May 17, 2018 6:13 pm

What a great episode of The Blacklist last night, best episode so far.

Re: ** Official TV Show Thread **

Fri May 18, 2018 10:07 am

just finished The Rain season 1 via Netflix . Have to ask. Was it the sex that killed his girlfriend? I realize we were supposed to think it was the dog that infected her until they announced on the last episode that Rasmus was a carrier of the virus.

Everyone else in the gang is fine, so was it a body fluid thing that infected and killed her?

Re: ** Official TV Show Thread **

Fri May 18, 2018 11:27 am

EastBayBucsFan wrote:What a great episode of The Blacklist last night, best episode so far.


I stopped watching BL last season just based on time and schedule. I think we will pick it back up and binge this season.

Re: ** Official TV Show Thread **

Sun May 27, 2018 10:26 am

‘Seven Seconds’ on Netflix.


Really ****ing good.



Edit: just did some googling. Netflix canceled it. Wtf. Same show runner from the killing. Dude just can’t keep a show on the air. I think it’s (both shows) just too bleak for mainstream audiences.

Re: ** Official TV Show Thread **

Sun May 27, 2018 11:08 am

Started the new Netflix docu-series Evil Genius. Riveting stuff.

Re: ** Official TV Show Thread **

Mon May 28, 2018 3:43 pm

real bucs fan wrote:Started the new Netflix docu-series Evil Genius. Riveting stuff.

I watched that recently. Crazy ****. Really enjoyed it.

Re: ** Official TV Show Thread **

Tue May 29, 2018 12:56 pm

ABC 13 - WSET
2 mins ·
#BREAKING: ABC Entertainment president says the network has decided to cancel the `Roseanne' reboot

This comes after Rosanne suggested that former White House adviser Valerie Jarrett was a product of the "Muslim Brotherhood and the 'Planet of the Apes.'"


http://wset.com/news/entertainment/rose ... ie-jarrett

Re: ** Official TV Show Thread **

Tue May 29, 2018 1:14 pm

Buc2 wrote:
ABC 13 - WSET
2 mins ·
#BREAKING: ABC Entertainment president says the network has decided to cancel the `Roseanne' reboot

This comes after Rosanne suggested that former White House adviser Valerie Jarrett was a product of the "Muslim Brotherhood and the 'Planet of the Apes.'"


http://wset.com/news/entertainment/rose ... ie-jarrett

What a nit-wit! The show was a hit and doing great!

Re: ** Official TV Show Thread **

Tue May 29, 2018 1:42 pm

"Ya can't fix stupid" - someone not stupid

Re: ** Official TV Show Thread **

Tue May 29, 2018 1:48 pm

Arrested Development season 5 streaming today

Re: ** Official TV Show Thread **

Tue May 29, 2018 1:52 pm

Zarniwoop wrote:Arrested Development season 5 streaming today

It better not be terrible like season 4

Re: ** Official TV Show Thread **

Tue May 29, 2018 1:53 pm

uscbucsfan wrote:
Zarniwoop wrote:Arrested Development season 5 streaming today

It better not be terrible like season 4



from what i heard it isn't. they went back to the style from 1 - 3...episodes aren't centered on single characters anymore.

Re: ** Official TV Show Thread **

Tue May 29, 2018 1:56 pm

Zarniwoop wrote:
uscbucsfan wrote:It better not be terrible like season 4



from what i heard it isn't. they went back to the style from 1 - 3...episodes aren't centered on single characters anymore.

I hope they start strong with a J. Walter Weatherman lesson or something.

Re: ** Official TV Show Thread **

Tue May 29, 2018 10:05 pm

Watched episode 1. It’s ok. Lots of time on tie-ins to the old stuff, hope that doesn’t continue

Re: ** Official TV Show Thread **

Tue May 29, 2018 10:16 pm

Season premiere of Animal Kingdom was tonight.

Re: ** Official TV Show Thread **

Wed May 30, 2018 6:18 am

Buc2 wrote:
ABC 13 - WSET
2 mins ·
#BREAKING: ABC Entertainment president says the network has decided to cancel the `Roseanne' reboot

This comes after Rosanne suggested that former White House adviser Valerie Jarrett was a product of the "Muslim Brotherhood and the 'Planet of the Apes.'"


http://wset.com/news/entertainment/rose ... ie-jarrett

I saw a Facebook meme going around, "I stand with Roseanne", the comment section is littered with ignorance about the 1st Amendment and/or claims that the liberal media is being unforgiving.

The person who shared it has a post calling for all NFL players who have ever protested to be fired still fresh on their wall and they previously went crazy about Kathy Griffin's photo shoot. If I engaged in Politics on Facebook, I'd simply drop Delt's meme and leave.

I'm never surprised, but often disappointed in the social media age...

Re: ** Official TV Show Thread **

Wed May 30, 2018 9:42 pm

Real talk how many chickens are gonna be needed for CleganeBowl? There may not be any left when the fight is over

Re: ** Official TV Show Thread **

Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:33 am

uscbucsfan wrote:

I saw a Facebook meme going around, "I stand with Roseanne", the comment section is littered with ignorance about the 1st Amendment and/or claims that the liberal media is being unforgiving.

The person who shared it has a post calling for all NFL players who have ever protested to be fired still fresh on their wall and they previously went crazy about Kathy Griffin's photo shoot. If I engaged in Politics on Facebook, I'd simply drop Delt's meme and leave.

I'm never surprised, but often disappointed in the social media age...


I really wish we all just operated on the, "Let the marketplace decide" model. Let the viewers decide if they still want to watch (or support the sponsors of) Roseanne, or Samantha Bee, or whatever the hell.

Re: ** Official TV Show Thread **

Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:53 am

MJW wrote:
uscbucsfan wrote:I saw a Facebook meme going around, "I stand with Roseanne", the comment section is littered with ignorance about the 1st Amendment and/or claims that the liberal media is being unforgiving.

The person who shared it has a post calling for all NFL players who have ever protested to be fired still fresh on their wall and they previously went crazy about Kathy Griffin's photo shoot. If I engaged in Politics on Facebook, I'd simply drop Delt's meme and leave.

I'm never surprised, but often disappointed in the social media age...


I really wish we all just operated on the, "Let the marketplace decide" model. Let the viewers decide if they still want to watch (or support the sponsors of) Roseanne, or Samantha Bee, or whatever the hell.

A company has a right to fire people for making public statements they do not want to be associated with. This wasn't her first instance. If the market demands the show back, Fox or another network will pick it up like Last Man Standing. I'm not sure if the rest of the cast wants in or if anyone wants the trouble of it.

Re: ** Official TV Show Thread **

Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:11 am

uscbucsfan wrote:
MJW wrote:
I really wish we all just operated on the, "Let the marketplace decide" model. Let the viewers decide if they still want to watch (or support the sponsors of) Roseanne, or Samantha Bee, or whatever the hell.

A company has a right to fire people for making public statements they do not want to be associated with. This wasn't her first instance. If the market demands the show back, Fox or another network will pick it up like Last Man Standing. I'm not sure if the rest of the cast wants in or if anyone wants the trouble of it.


I didn't meant to imply the company wasn't acting within their rights. Nor would I state or imply you're not totally right about the hypocrites out there. Personally, I think Roseanne is gross and the reboot was thoroughly mediocre (if largely misrepresented in media.) I'm just left at the, "Oh, you're woke, that's super" place, and it's cheesier there than the Kraft factory.

Re: ** Official TV Show Thread **

Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:33 am

It's the same situation as "Kneeling in the NFL"....

Employer doesn't like what your saying/doing because they get bad PR from it, employer pulls the plug...

Again, whatever "point" Roseanne was trying to make with her "voice", she could've done so in a respectful manner..she chose to be an ugly POS...now she'll pay the price..

Re: ** Official TV Show Thread **

Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:02 am

Super K wrote:It's the same situation as "Kneeling in the NFL"....


:shock:

Re: ** Official TV Show Thread **

Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:15 am

Ken Carson wrote:
Super K wrote:It's the same situation as "Kneeling in the NFL"....


:shock:


C'mon Ken, you know I'm speaking in terms of employee behavior/actions being outside of what an employer wants...

NOT as to the intent of said behavior/actions...

Re: ** Official TV Show Thread **

Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:53 am

Ken Carson wrote:
Super K wrote:It's the same situation as "Kneeling in the NFL"....


:shock:


He's got a point.

Doctor wrote:Kneeling is like going outside with a sign that says “N*GGER”


Roseanne was just kneeling.

Re: ** Official TV Show Thread **

Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:54 am

uscbucsfan wrote:
MJW wrote:
I really wish we all just operated on the, "Let the marketplace decide" model. Let the viewers decide if they still want to watch (or support the sponsors of) Roseanne, or Samantha Bee, or whatever the hell.

A company has a right to fire people for making public statements they do not want to be associated with. This wasn't her first instance. If the market demands the show back, Fox or another network will pick it up like Last Man Standing. I'm not sure if the rest of the cast wants in or if anyone wants the trouble of it.

Last Man Standing got picked up by another network? Awesome! I love that show. Ironically, I never watched it until ABC drew my attention to it when they cancelled the show. I'm generally not much of a sitcom fan these days, but I wanted to check it out to see what all the hoopla was about and ended up liking it so much that I watched the entire series.

Re: ** Official TV Show Thread **

Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:18 pm

Buc2 wrote:
uscbucsfan wrote:A company has a right to fire people for making public statements they do not want to be associated with. This wasn't her first instance. If the market demands the show back, Fox or another network will pick it up like Last Man Standing. I'm not sure if the rest of the cast wants in or if anyone wants the trouble of it.

Last Man Standing got picked up by another network? Awesome! I love that show. Ironically, I never watched it until ABC drew my attention to it when they cancelled the show. I'm generally not much of a sitcom fan these days, but I wanted to check it out to see what all the hoopla was about and ended up liking it so much that I watched the entire series.

By Fox. It will air in the fall Fridays at 8:00 pm, although it's doomed in that time slot.
Post a reply