** Official TV Show Thread **

General Discussion on any Off Topic subject
Re: ** Official TV Show Thread **

Postby EastBayBucsFan » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:41 pm

I didn't even know Saul was back, thanks, it's a great show.

Yes there are two paths you can go by, but in the long run, there's still time to change the road you're on
EastBayBucsFan

Postby deltbucs » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:57 am

Just started watching the latest season of Last Chance U on Netflix. Kind of rooting for the coach to get canned after 3 episodes.
deltbucs

Postby Stuart » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:35 am

my idea of a great show is one you can watch multiple times. I'll have it on one monitor, as I've already seen it, while I'm working on the other monitors. shows that fall into that category

TrailerPrakBoys
Shameless
EastBound and Down
Walking Dead
Breaking Bad

The 100, Santa Clarita Diet is awesome and ZOO is very good
Stuart

Postby Buc2 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:18 am

Game of Thrones fans, who knew Ser Gregor “The Mountain” Clegane was the runt of the litter in his real family?

Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby EastBayBucsFan » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:01 pm

Stuart wrote:my idea of a great show is one you can watch multiple times. I'll have it on one monitor, as I've already seen it, while I'm working on the other monitors. shows that fall into that category

TrailerPrakBoys
Shameless
EastBound and Down
Walking Dead
Breaking Bad

The 100, Santa Clarita Diet is awesome and ZOO is very good

I agree all really good shows.

Yes there are two paths you can go by, but in the long run, there's still time to change the road you're on
EastBayBucsFan

Postby Super K » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:45 pm

Buc2 wrote:Game of Thrones fans, who knew Ser Gregor “The Mountain” Clegane was the runt of the litter in his real family?

That's ****ing crazy
Super K

Postby Swashy » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:17 pm

Buc2 wrote:Game of Thrones fans, who knew Ser Gregor “The Mountain” Clegane was the runt of the litter in his real family?

What the actual ****? They're all giants!
Swashy

Postby Swashy » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:59 pm

I'm thoroughly enjoying Better Call Saul but I'm worried about the long term viability of the show. The story is taking as long as it has to develop is causing it to be swinging to low to its actual potential. Unless we see a difference in creative direction I'm doubtful people are going to tune in by the millions for another 2-6 years. While I'm fine with the product, it's 32 episodes and pretty much the only thing that's really changed is about 1.5 very significant character deaths and a new job for Mike. I never expected things to happen quickly because almost everything that has happened was necessary for the progression of the plot in a similar sense as GoT. I would argue the series took off via The Red Wedding. As pertains to Better Call Saul, it is at a unique crossroads right now to where it is afforded a similar "Red Wedding" opportunity in the sense that the whole thing is ready to be turned upside down.

In order to remain viable, there's gonna have to be less "Jimmy looks for a job and screws some people over for fun" and more nasty gang warfare, the DEA, a rapid descent into the underworld, blackmail and something juicy like Kim being abducted by a mafioso that Jimmy underestimated and screwed over. If we don't get that, I don't see this lasting much longer. Otherwise start taking the time for a few side stories that tie into Breaking Bad. Like for example I vaguely remember the scene in Breaking Bad where Walt and Jesse kidnap him and he asks them about being associated with "Los Lunes" or something like that and when he's told no he's all "Oh thank God!!!" or have him meet the criminal bug killing company and get them out of a tough spot. It doesn't have to be major at all, it would just merely provide names and faces to referred incidents of his past.

And another note I cannot possibly believe I'm saying this but I never once thought there could be another Jesse Pinkman. Honest to God I thought it could not be done and along comes Nacho. If the show goes a proper creative direction after what just happened in episode 2 of season 4 he can potentially displace Jesse as the single most twisted but still virtuous protagonist the Breaking Bad/Saul universe has ever had. And another note in order to progress the show Howard Hamlin needs to never ever come back again and Kim is gonna have to either break up with him or pass away within the next 1 to 2 seasons following this because if Jimmy really is becoming Saul then there is no way on God's green earth she's gonna be around for it.
Swashy

Postby Jimmy McGill » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:16 pm

Swashy wrote:I'm thoroughly enjoying Better Call Saul but I'm worried about the long term viability of the show. The story is taking as long as it has to develop is causing it to be swinging to low to its actual potential. Unless we see a difference in creative direction I'm doubtful people are going to tune in by the millions for another 2-6 years. While I'm fine with the product, it's 32 episodes and pretty much the only thing that's really changed is about 1.5 very significant character deaths and a new job for Mike. I never expected things to happen quickly because almost everything that has happened was necessary for the progression of the plot in a similar sense as GoT. I would argue the series took off via The Red Wedding. As pertains to Better Call Saul, it is at a unique crossroads right now to where it is afforded a similar "Red Wedding" opportunity in the sense that the whole thing is ready to be turned upside down.

In order to remain viable, there's gonna have to be less "Jimmy looks for a job and screws some people over for fun" and more nasty gang warfare, the DEA, a rapid descent into the underworld, blackmail and something juicy like Kim being abducted by a mafioso that Jimmy underestimated and screwed over. If we don't get that, I don't see this lasting much longer. Otherwise start taking the time for a few side stories that tie into Breaking Bad. Like for example I vaguely remember the scene in Breaking Bad where Walt and Jesse kidnap him and he asks them about being associated with "Los Lunes" or something like that and when he's told no he's all "Oh thank God!!!" or have him meet the criminal bug killing company and get them out of a tough spot. It doesn't have to be major at all, it would just merely provide names and faces to referred incidents of his past.

And another note I cannot possibly believe I'm saying this but I never once thought there could be another Jesse Pinkman. Honest to God I thought it could not be done and along comes Nacho. If the show goes a proper creative direction after what just happened in episode 2 of season 4 he can potentially displace Jesse as the single most twisted but still virtuous protagonist the Breaking Bad/Saul universe has ever had. And another note in order to progress the show Howard Hamlin needs to never ever come back again and Kim is gonna have to either break up with him or pass away within the next 1 to 2 seasons following this because if Jimmy really is becoming Saul then there is no way on God's green earth she's gonna be around for it.

It's getting to the point where I'm more interested in Mike's story than I am with Jimmy's.
Jimmy McGill

Postby Swashy » Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:37 am

Jimmy McGill wrote:
Swashy wrote:I'm thoroughly enjoying Better Call Saul but I'm worried about the long term viability of the show. The story is taking as long as it has to develop is causing it to be swinging to low to its actual potential. Unless we see a difference in creative direction I'm doubtful people are going to tune in by the millions for another 2-6 years. While I'm fine with the product, it's 32 episodes and pretty much the only thing that's really changed is about 1.5 very significant character deaths and a new job for Mike. I never expected things to happen quickly because almost everything that has happened was necessary for the progression of the plot in a similar sense as GoT. I would argue the series took off via The Red Wedding. As pertains to Better Call Saul, it is at a unique crossroads right now to where it is afforded a similar "Red Wedding" opportunity in the sense that the whole thing is ready to be turned upside down.

It's getting to the point where I'm more interested in Mike's story than I am with Jimmy's.

I don't know if it speaks more to the strength of Mike's story or the weakness of Jimmy's considering it's been 32 episodes detailing how he's little more than a high functioning sociopath. Compare to this point in Breaking Bad and we were at "Half Measures" and Jesse was ready to kill the drug dealers before Walt decided he was gonna do it for him and said "run." Like I said I don't know how much longer people are going to remain engaged when the black and white prologue at the start of each year is showing more plot progression than the main story is.
Swashy

Postby Jimmy McGill » Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:07 pm

Almost 10 months between seasons doesn't help.
Jimmy McGill

Postby Teitan » Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:22 am

I thoroughly recommend everyone go watch The Sinner.

It’s a USA Network show (I almost wrote it off) starring Jessica Biel and Bill Pullman. I love the vibe, the pacing and the way the story unfolds. My wife and I enjoyed it a lot. The Big Black Delta song is fantastic too, albeit in a creepy way now.

If you’re into a murder mystery type story, check it out. First season is on Netflix.
Teitan

Postby Super K » Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:49 am

Teitan wrote:I thoroughly recommend everyone go watch The Sinner.

It’s a USA Network show (I almost wrote it off) starring Jessica Biel and Bill Pullman. I love the vibe, the pacing and the way the story unfolds. My wife and I enjoyed it a lot. The Big Black Delta song is fantastic too, albeit in a creepy way now.

If you’re into a murder mystery type story, check it out. First season is on Netflix.

Wife and I watched it, we thought it was EXCELLENT!

Pullman's acting was superb, which was very surprising.

Although, Biel looks like a freakin skeleton these days... especially her face... definitely Zarn's type...
Super K

Postby Zarniwoop » Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:52 am

Super K wrote:

Wife and I watched it, we thought it was EXCELLENT!

Pullman's acting was superb, which was very surprising.

Although, Biel looks like a freakin skeleton these days... especially her face... definitely Zarn's type...

Lol. She is hot.

And I just got done watching this too on Netflix. Very good series
Zarniwoop

Postby Buc2 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:21 am

I'm actually watching the 2nd season of this show right now. Seeing how good it is, I'm definitely going to check out season 1. Oh, and Pullman is killing it in this season as well.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Teitan » Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:21 pm

I’m worried about season two not being able to capture the awesomeness of season one with it being a new story.
Teitan

Postby Buc2 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:39 pm

Teitan wrote:I’m worried about season two not being able to capture the awesomeness of season one with it being a new story.

Well, since I haven't seen season one yet, that wasn't an issue for me. :lol:
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Teitan » Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:59 pm

I’m one episode in on season 2. Similar tone. I think you’ll love season 1.
Teitan

Postby PrimeMinister » Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:02 pm

Buc2 wrote:
Teitan wrote:I’m worried about season two not being able to capture the awesomeness of season one with it being a new story.

Well, since I haven't seen season one yet, that wasn't an issue for me. :lol:

Wait you watch Season 2’s without going back to see Season 1 first? What kind of monster are you?!
PrimeMinister

Postby Buc2 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:08 pm

PrimeMinister wrote:
Buc2 wrote:Well, since I haven't seen season one yet, that wasn't an issue for me. :lol:

Wait you watch Season 2’s without going back to see Season 1 first? What kind of monster are you?!

I started season 1 tonight since I have to what a week between episodes of season 2. Heh But, since the seasons aren’t related, it’s not an issue.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Zarniwoop » Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:13 pm

So is Biel in season 2?
Zarniwoop

Postby Buc2 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:21 pm

Zarniwoop wrote:So is Biel in season 2?

No. It’s a totally new case. Pullman is the only hold over as Detective Harry Ambrose.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Teitan » Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:27 pm

I still want to watch season 1 again and I’m on episode 2 of S2. It’s so good.
Teitan

Postby Zarniwoop » Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:47 pm

Buc2 wrote:
Zarniwoop wrote:So is Biel in season 2?

No. It’s a totally new case. Pullman is the only hold over as Detective Harry Ambrose.

Ok thanks
Zarniwoop

Postby Super K » Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:28 pm

Whelp, Zarni's out...

He'll just binge watch the Pirates of the Caribbean again after season 1...
Super K

Postby real bucs fan » Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:18 pm

Watching I Am A Killer on Netflix. Pretty good. A couple of the episodes have pretty stunning revelations, a couple of others not so much. But the show does a great job of efficiently telling the story from all sides and letting the audience make up their minds.
real bucs fan

Postby Buc2 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:11 pm

Teitan wrote:I’m one episode in on season 2. Similar tone. I think you’ll love season 1.

I watched all of season 1 while on my mini vacation. Most excellent! Biel nailed her role. Pullman was good too, but, if anything, I think he's even better in season 2. Maybe because he's had a lot of time to get comfortable in the roll of Detective Ambrose to this point. The guy that played Biel's husband was sorta meh. Fortunately, his character was more of a minor one. Oh...and the woman that played the state police detective did a great job. She really pissed me off and got under my skin, which, I'm sure, was the exact response her character was intended to elicit from the audience. Great show. Two thumbs up.

In regards to both seasons, I'm really digging the concept of "why done it" instead of "who done it" like we usually see in crime dramas.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Teitan » Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:32 am

Buc2 wrote:
Teitan wrote:I’m one episode in on season 2. Similar tone. I think you’ll love season 1.

I watched all of season 1 while on my mini vacation. Most excellent! Biel nailed her role. Pullman was good too, but, if anything, I think he's even better in season 2. Maybe because he's had a lot of time to get comfortable in the roll of Detective Ambrose to this point. The guy that played Biel's husband was sorta meh. Fortunately, his character was more of a minor one. Oh...and the woman that played the state police detective did a great job. She really pissed me off and got under my skin, which, I'm sure, was the exact response her character was intended to elicit from the audience. Great show. Two thumbs up.

In regards to both seasons, I'm really digging the concept of "why done it" instead of "who done it" like we usually see in crime dramas.

I’m completely caught up with S2 so far. It’s good, but I definitely favor the story of S1 so far.
Teitan

Postby Buc2 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:35 am

Teitan wrote:
Buc2 wrote:I watched all of season 1 while on my mini vacation. Most excellent! Biel nailed her role. Pullman was good too, but, if anything, I think he's even better in season 2. Maybe because he's had a lot of time to get comfortable in the roll of Detective Ambrose to this point. The guy that played Biel's husband was sorta meh. Fortunately, his character was more of a minor one. Oh...and the woman that played the state police detective did a great job. She really pissed me off and got under my skin, which, I'm sure, was the exact response her character was intended to elicit from the audience. Great show. Two thumbs up.

I’m completely caught up with S2 so far. It’s good, but I definitely favor the story of S1 so far.

Having now seen S1, I can agree with that.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Rocker » Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:44 am

I suggest you folks give Letterkenny a shot.
Rocker

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic