** Official TV Show Thread **

General Discussion on any Off Topic subject
Re: ** Official TV Show Thread **

Postby Buc2 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:36 pm

uscbucsfan wrote:
Buc2 wrote:Last Man Standing got picked up by another network? Awesome! I love that show. Ironically, I never watched it until ABC drew my attention to it when they cancelled the show. I'm generally not much of a sitcom fan these days, but I wanted to check it out to see what all the hoopla was about and ended up liking it so much that I watched the entire series.

By Fox. It will air in the fall Fridays at 8:00 pm, although it's doomed in that time slot.

I'll watch it. I wouldn't say it's doomed though. MacGyver will probably beat them out, but I'm not sure any of the other networks will have anything better in that time slot. From what I've read, NBCs Blindspot was iffy to be renewed and ABCs Once Upon A Time was cancelled, so who knows if whatever show they put there will pan out.
Last edited by Buc2 on Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Super K » Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:36 pm

NYBF wrote:
Ken Carson wrote:
:shock:

He's got a point.

Doctor wrote:Kneeling is like going outside with a sign that says “N*GGER”

Roseanne was just kneeling.

Just like Samantha Bee, right?...

This is what's horseshit...no open or constructive dialogue can be had because everyone wants to be able to do/say what they want but have others held accountable for doing just that...
Super K

Postby Noles1724 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:53 pm

can we just have Rosanne sing the national anthem again? that's the only way to truly show respect for your country.
Noles1724

Postby MJW » Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:06 pm

There are so many shows I don't watch because of their politics - Handmaiden's Tale, The Daily Show, Will And Grace, Broad City, blah blah blah. It would never occur to me to go Kyle's Mom on them and demand they get cancelled because they offend *my* sensibilities.

Don't like Roseanne? Don't watch it. Don't like Samantha Bee? Don't watch her. It's always nice and simple when a show reflects OUR beliefs. Then we're all libertarians. As soon as it's our butts getting hurt, then we need to lower the ban-hammer on everything.
MJW

Postby PrimeMinister » Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:11 pm

Pretty sure the network decided to cancel the show all on their own. They cancelled the show within hours of the tweet. This isn’t the result of Roseanne haters crying for the ban hammer. This was ABC deciding they hated her tweet enough to cancel her show.
PrimeMinister

Postby MJW » Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:37 pm

PrimeMinister wrote:Pretty sure the network decided to cancel the show all on their own. They cancelled the show within hours of the tweet. This isn’t the result of Roseanne haters crying for the ban hammer. This was ABC deciding they hated her tweet enough to cancel her show.

I'm afraid I'm not going to follow you down the, "Network executives are real people" path. This was pre-emptive damage control. You don't have to be all that plugged in to know what was going to happen next if they didn't run from this like Lena Dunham from a shower. If they'd even taken the time to "take the temperature," the call for boycott would have caused a sonic boom.
MJW

Postby PrimeMinister » Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:42 pm

MJW wrote:
PrimeMinister wrote:Pretty sure the network decided to cancel the show all on their own. They cancelled the show within hours of the tweet. This isn’t the result of Roseanne haters crying for the ban hammer. This was ABC deciding they hated her tweet enough to cancel her show.

I'm afraid I'm not going to follow you down the, "Network executives are real people" path. This was pre-emptive damage control. You don't have to be all that plugged in to know what was going to happen next if they didn't run from this like Lena Dunham from a shower. If they'd even taken the time to "take the temperature," the call for boycott would have caused a sonic boom.

So your post about all the butt hurt people calling for a network to cancel a show was in reference to the people who WOULD HAVE called for Roseanne to be cancelled if ABC didn’t make the decision first? In this situation do you have an issue with ABC because they didn’t give the viewer the opportunity to just turn the channel before cancelling the show?
PrimeMinister

Postby Buc2 » Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:42 am

MJW wrote:There are so many shows I don't watch because of their politics - Handmaiden's Tale, The Daily Show, Will And Grace, Broad City, blah blah blah. It would never occur to me to go Kyle's Mom on them and demand they get cancelled because they offend *my* sensibilities.

Don't like Roseanne? Don't watch it. Don't like Samantha Bee? Don't watch her. It's always nice and simple when a show reflects OUR beliefs. Then we're all libertarians. As soon as it's our butts getting hurt, then we need to lower the ban-hammer on everything.

Preach it!

I guess we need to start handing these out to people...
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Buc2 » Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:44 am

PrimeMinister wrote:
MJW wrote:

So your post about all the butt hurt people calling for a network to cancel a show was in reference to the people who WOULD HAVE called for Roseanne to be cancelled if ABC didn’t make the decision first? In this situation do you have an issue with ABC because they didn’t give the viewer the opportunity to just turn the channel before cancelling the show?

She gave her view earlier... Let the market decide.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby PrimeMinister » Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:32 pm

Buc2 wrote:
PrimeMinister wrote:

She gave her view earlier... Let the market decide.

So was ABC butthurt since they cancelled the show even before public outcry demanded it? Is this not considered “decided by the market”?
PrimeMinister

Postby bucfanclw » Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:14 pm

So any idea how many advertisers threatened to pull ad money from that show? Since we're talking about letting the market decide, the advertisers are the market in this case, not the viewers.
bucfanclw

Postby uscbucsfan » Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:56 pm

bucfanclw wrote:So any idea how many advertisers threatened to pull ad money from that show? Since we're talking about letting the market decide, the advertisers are the market in this case, not the viewers.

Too logical.
uscbucsfan

Postby PrimeMinister » Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:39 pm

bucfanclw wrote:So any idea how many advertisers threatened to pull ad money from that show? Since we're talking about letting the market decide, the advertisers are the market in this case, not the viewers.

Exactly. Buc2 and MJW will grasp it at some point.
PrimeMinister

Postby Teitan » Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:10 pm

All this really cool social justice politics is great, but, I’m a couple episodes into Netflix’s “Safe” starring Michael C Hall (Dexter). Seems to be an interesting mystery/thriller. Will update when further in/finished.
Teitan

Postby Ken Carson » Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:16 am

Super K wrote:
NYBF wrote:
He's got a point.

Roseanne was just kneeling.

Just like Samantha Bee, right?...

This is what's horseshit...no open or constructive dialogue can be had because everyone wants to be able to do/say what they want but have others held accountable for doing just that...

How many people even watch Samantha Bee? Roseanne was doing 20 million viewers, so it’s actually something people were watching. If the network canceled whatever show Samantha Bee has, that’s totally fine with me.

There is a difference between demanding someone be held accountable and being like “yeah, I can see why that happened” about something.
Ken Carson

Postby Buc2 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:48 pm

PrimeMinister wrote:

Exactly. Buc2 and MJW will grasp it at some point.

I was telling you what she said. I haven't said squat about it other than to report the initial story and joke with a butthurt meme.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby NYBF » Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:48 pm

PrimeMinister wrote:
MJW wrote:

Maybe she's calling the prez butthurt for demanding the woman who called his daughter a **** get her show canceled.
NYBF

Postby real bucs fan » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:50 am

Anyone else watching The Staircase? It's a bit drawn out, but compelling none the less.
real bucs fan

Postby PrimeMinister » Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:58 pm

NYBF wrote:
PrimeMinister wrote:

Maybe she's calling the prez butthurt for demanding the woman who called his daughter a **** get her show canceled.

I guess so. That’s the only logical conclusion.
PrimeMinister

Postby deltbucs » Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:27 am

real bucs fan wrote:Anyone else watching The Staircase? It's a bit drawn out, but compelling none the less.

Just got done watching it. It was pretty well done. I've got some issues with it being bias, though.
deltbucs

Postby Crocaneers » Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:31 am

Downloaded 4 episodes of Luke Cage.

I hope I'm not disappointed.
Crocaneers

Postby PrimeMinister » Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:37 pm

Crocaneers wrote:Downloaded 4 episodes of Luke Cage.

I hope I'm not disappointed.

Just finished season 2. I liked it better than season 1.
PrimeMinister

Postby Rocker » Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:06 pm

Anyone had a chance to peep Cloak and Dagger yet?
Rocker

Postby PrimeMinister » Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:27 pm

Rocker wrote:Anyone had a chance to peep Cloak and Dagger yet?

Only the first 2 episodes, but it looks like it could be good. If they build the characters it’ll be a good slow burn comic book show.
PrimeMinister

Postby Buc2 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:58 am

Just started Fauda last night. Liking it. A lot. Season 2 was just released. It's on Netflix.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Rocker » Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:30 pm

Help. I’m addicted to Letterkenny and I can’t stop.
Rocker

Postby Buc2 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:31 am

Patrick Stewart to reprise 'Star Trek' role in new series
by Associated Press

NEW YORK (AP) — Patrick Stewart is boldly going where he's been before — "Star Trek."

CBS All Access said Saturday Stewart has been tapped to headline a new "Star Trek" series, reprising his "Star Trek: New Generation" character, Captain Jean-Luc Picard.

The new series is not a "New Generation" reboot but will tell the story of the next chapter of Picard's life. No title or air date was revealed.

Stewart headlined his "Star Trek" series for seven seasons and portrayed Picard in the movies "Star Trek Generations" (1994), "Star Trek: First Contact" (1996), "Star Trek: Insurrection" (1998) and "Star Trek: Nemesis" (2002).

In a statement, Stewart says he thought his "Star Trek" days "had run its natural course" so he considers it a delightful surprise to be playing Picard again.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Crocaneers » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:51 am

Please tell me I'm not the only one who is looking forward to seeing Maniac [NetFlix]. It previews 9/ 21

Emma Stone
Jonah Hill (who has lost TONS of weight)
Last edited by Crocaneers on Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Crocaneers

Postby uscbucsfan » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:57 am

No, it looks really good.
uscbucsfan

Postby Deja Entendu » Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:22 pm

Better Call Saul is back and hasn't missed a beat.

For fans of Breaking Bad that haven't given this a try yet: do it.

For fans of dark and violent criminal stories that haven't seen Breaking Bad yet: do that first.
Deja Entendu

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic