The Official Game of Thrones HBO Series Discussion Thread

General Discussion on any Off Topic subject
Re: The Official Game of Thrones HBO Series Discussion Threa

Postby Buc2 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:49 am

Looks like the Red Woman is hooking up with Dany. Two fire lovers. Should make for an interesting pair.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby DreadNaught » Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:30 am

So the 'Iron Fleet' led by Euron Greyjoy has taken out the fleet of ships Daenerys had under her control that were provided by Yara (Theon's sister). So how does Daenerys army attack Kings Landing now? Is Yara still alive? I presume she was taken prisoner as a token for Cersei.

Daenary's army needed to be scaled back a bit since it was far too powerful for it to even be a fair fight.

It looks like Jon Snow will meet Daenarys in Dragonstone based on the preview after the episode, hopefully that happens next week. Both the Red Woman and Tyrion have let Daenarys know that Jon is man of great character and should be an ally. Really looking forward to see how Bran gets intertwined into that storyline to tie it together and let both know of Jon's true lineage.

I didn't quite understand the Arya scene with the Direwolf. I thought she was going to be attacked by WW at first. I'm actually nervous about her heading to Winterfell b/c everytime he heads somewhere to meet her family they are not there when she arrives. But it will be nice for her to reunite after all this time since she's been on her own since season 1.

Amyways, episode 2 was great. Had all the things I love about GoT. It's pretty awesome to see all the leaders/power consolidating after all this time.
DreadNaught

Postby Buc2 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:27 am

DreadNaught wrote:I didn't quite understand the Arya scene with the Direwolf. I thought she was going to be attacked by WW at first.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/her ... 9ec19a9a01
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Buc2 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:28 am

Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby real bucs fan » Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:45 am

Ep 2 was epic. I think it's setting up for a tragic ending. Littlefinger is gonna kill Jon Snow.
real bucs fan

Postby DreadNaught » Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:50 am

real bucs fan wrote:Ep 2 was epic. I think it's setting up for a tragic ending. Littlefinger is gonna kill Jon Snow.

I doubt it, he may try but I don't see Jon Snow meeting his end at the hands of Littlefinger. Snow's character is too vital to the story imo based on his lineage.

I think Sansa kills Littlefinger (or vice versa perhaps)...
DreadNaught

Postby real bucs fan » Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:53 am

DreadNaught wrote:
real bucs fan wrote:Ep 2 was epic. I think it's setting up for a tragic ending. Littlefinger is gonna kill Jon Snow.

I doubt it, he may try but I don't see Jon Snow meeting his end at the hands of Littlefinger. Snow's character is too vital to the story imo based on his lineage.

It would be like when The Wire killed Omar.
real bucs fan

Postby Buc2 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:53 am

DreadNaught wrote:

Or Littlefinger's infatuation with Sansa leads him to rape her and Arya kills him.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby pewterpirates » Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:33 pm

I'm so sick of Littlefinger. He obviously knows how to play "the game" but it's hard to believe how he's stayed alive all this time with all the double, triple, quadruple crossing he's done. And everyone knows he's playing his own hand.

If he kills Sansa or Jon, that may be the most frustrating death in the entire show.
pewterpirates

Postby terrytate » Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:05 pm

I've always assumed that the Starks would eventually find out that Littlefinger betrayed Ned and therefore was directly responsible for his death. Varys and Tyrion know this. John gets to the meet with Dany, Tyrion and Varys and finds out. Littlefinger has a bad time. If this happens, it would be fantastic if Arya showed up in Winterfell just in time for a Raven with that little nugget to arrive.
terrytate

Postby Brazen331 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:49 pm

DreadNaught wrote:So the 'Iron Fleet' led by Euron Greyjoy has taken out the fleet of ships Daenerys had under her control that were provided by Yara (Theon's sister). So how does Daenerys army attack Kings Landing now? Is Yara still alive? I presume she was taken prisoner as a token for Cersei.

Daenary's army needed to be scaled back a bit since it was far too powerful for it to even be a fair fight.

It looks like Jon Snow will meet Daenarys in Dragonstone based on the preview after the episode, hopefully that happens next week. Both the Red Woman and Tyrion have let Daenarys know that Jon is man of great character and should be an ally. Really looking forward to see how Bran gets intertwined into that storyline to tie it together and let both know of Jon's true lineage.

I didn't quite understand the Arya scene with the Direwolf. I thought she was going to be attacked by WW at first. I'm actually nervous about her heading to Winterfell b/c everytime he heads somewhere to meet her family they are not there when she arrives. But it will be nice for her to reunite after all this time since she's been on her own since season 1.

Amyways, episode 2 was great. Had all the things I love about GoT. It's pretty awesome to see all the leaders/power consolidating after all this time.

Euron told Cersei that he would not return until he had a priceless gift for her. I doubt Yara meets this criteria and that she would motivate Cersei to accept his marriage proposal. I think Euron is going to kidnap the Imp. Nothing would make Cersei happier than this.

And if Dany does not kill Jon Snow Sunday, I'm thinking the series will conclude with their marriage.
Brazen331

Postby terrytate » Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:52 pm

Brazen331 wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:So the 'Iron Fleet' led by Euron Greyjoy has taken out the fleet of ships Daenerys had under her control that were provided by Yara (Theon's sister). So how does Daenerys army attack Kings Landing now? Is Yara still alive? I presume she was taken prisoner as a token for Cersei.

Euron told Cersei that he would not return until he had a priceless gift for her. I doubt Yara meets this criteria and that she would motivate Cersei to accept his marriage proposal. I think Euron is going to kidnap the Imp. Nothing would make Cersei happier than this.

And if Dany does not kill Jon Snow Sunday, I'm thinking the series will conclude with their marriage.

Yara does not meet that criteria, but Elleria Sand might. After all, she is the one that killed Cersei's daughter. As to how they can attack King's Landing, is there some reason why they can't march there? So far as I know, the fleet was only to get the army across the sea, not to mount an amphibious attack.
terrytate

Postby Brazen331 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:20 am

terrytate wrote:
Brazen331 wrote:

Yara does not meet that criteria, but Elleria Sand might. After all, she is the one that killed Cersei's daughter. As to how they can attack King's Landing, is there some reason why they can't march there? So far as I know, the fleet was only to get the army across the sea, not to mount an amphibious attack.

Good call. Would explain the sea raid and Jaime would like this as well.
Brazen331

Postby Buc2 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:31 am

terrytate wrote:I've always assumed that the Starks would eventually find out that Littlefinger betrayed Ned and therefore was directly responsible for his death. Varys and Tyrion know this. John gets to the meet with Dany, Tyrion and Varys and finds out. Littlefinger has a bad time. If this happens, it would be fantastic if Arya showed up in Winterfell just in time for a Raven with that little nugget to arrive.

I believe Sansa will learn the truth of Littlefinger's betrayal of her father. Considering that everything bad that has happened to Sansa can be laid at the feet of Petyr Baelish, it stands to reason that it will be Sansa that ends Littlefinger. She may not yet know he was directly responsible for Ned Stark's death, but she does know he is the one that left her in the hands of the psycho, Ramsey.

Since Petyr took Sansa under his wing, she has suffered. We learn in Season 4 that he set the plot of the entire series in motion by manipulating Lysa Arryn, who loved him, into poisoning her husband Jon Arryn, and then blaming the Lannisters for the murder. These events led to the deaths of Sansa’s family, as well as her abuse at the hands of Joffrey and Ramsay alike. Recalling my point about how the punishments for Game of Thrones villains tends to fit the crime, if anyone hands Petyr his comeuppance on a silver platter, it will be Sansa.

Granted it's just speculation, but here's the whole piece of the article where I got the above quote. Lots of good stuff in it and it's a great reminder of things that have happened up to this point.

https://winteriscoming.net/2016/12/26/p ... -downfall/
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby paco74 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:27 am

Danny still has ships from House Tyrell and those taken from the slave masters when they attacked Danny in Meereen. Only Yara's fleet was destroyed. Yara is still alive and will be presented to Cersei along with the Ellaria and her daughter.

I'm still holding on to some hope that not only does Bran reveal Jon's true lineage, but it is corroborated by the only still living person that was present at the Tower of Joy....Howland Reed. The North will need the Crannogmen to stand with them against the Night King and his character is just screaming to be shown to us.

The Arya scene was very interesting. I have a theory about why Nymeria left. Arya is meat to the rest of the wolves. That pack has been said to attack and eat men. Wolves follow the strongest which is obviously Nymeria, but could they have all turned on her if she allowed the two legged meat sack that is Arya join the pack or Nymeria leave with Arya. Just a thought. I don't think it is the last we see of Nyneria and her pack. The producers don't introduce or reintroduce characters, furry or otherwise, for no reason. Arya's last line, "that isn't her", was a nod to something she said to her dad when he was telling Arya that someday she would marry a lord and have children who would become knights and lords themselves. She said, "that's not me". Arya may be conceding that Nymeria, much like her, is not destined for what everyone else expected of her. Arya will not be the wife of a lord and sit in the background content with having lordly children, just as Nymeria will no longer be the pet of some human. Both are destined to be leaders. Or I'm just full of crap here lol.

I'm excited about the Jon and Danny meeting. I think there will be a little pissing contest at first, with the whole Jon must bend the knee...screw that, I'm a king myself...but I think cooler heads prevail and those two come to an agreement.

I think we get a Bran and Sansa reunion next episode.
paco74

Postby paco74 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:35 am

Brazen331 wrote:

Yara does not meet that criteria...BUT Ellaria Sands DOES. Ellaria is the one that poisoned Cersei's daughter. Ellaria's daughter Elia is also a prisoner. I expect Cersei will have the Elia killed in front of Ellaria before killing her too. The "Cersei returns the gift" line in the description of Ep. 3 I think is Cersei sending the heads of Ellaria and Elia Sand back to Daenerys.

Edit: I may be wrong about the name of Ellaria's daughter.

Edit 2: Her name is Tyene.
paco74

Postby terrytate » Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:57 am

Ollena Tyrell died as she lived, being the best troll in Westeros. Although Euron is making a run for the title.
terrytate

Postby Buc2 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:37 am

terrytate wrote:Ollena Tyrell died as she lived, being the best troll in Westeros. Although Euron is making a run for the title.

That guy is a total obnoxious ****. Hopefully, he dies a terrible before this season ends. While I'm not a Lannister fan, I hope it will be at the hands (hand?) of Jaime Lannister.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby DreadNaught » Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:13 am

Another good episode last night, lots of reunions that we've been waiting for.

We're 3 episodes into the 7 show season and it's the Lannister/Greyjoy alliance has got the better of team Daenerys thus far. It's time to unleash the dragons!!! I'd send them after the Iron fleet to burn all of Euron's ships first since they've been causing so much trouble the past 2 episodes.

RIP Lady Ollena Tyrell. One of my favorite characters for sure. Glad she confirmed what most already in knew in that she was behind the poisoning of Joeffery. I'm curious how Jaime processes this as it relates to Tyrion since Cersi accusing Tyrion led to him being locked up and later killing Tywin in his escape. I think Jaime ends up being the one that kills Cersi.

Interested to see what happens with the Army in the North. Now that Jon Snow can mine the dragonglass and take it back to Winterfell when will see the Jon and Daenerys together again?

The Bron-Sansa scene was pretty funny where he tried to explain the 3 eyed raven to her.
DreadNaught

Postby uscbucsfan » Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:34 am

DreadNaught wrote:Another good episode last night, lots of reunions that we've been waiting for.

We're 3 episodes into the 7 show season and it's the Lannister/Greyjoy alliance has got the better of team Daenerys thus far. It's time to unleash the dragons!!! I'd send them after the Iron fleet to burn all of Euron's ships first since they've been causing so much trouble the past 2 episodes.

RIP Lady Ollena Tyrell. One of my favorite characters for sure. Glad she confirmed what most already in knew in that she was behind the poisoning of Joeffery. I'm curious how Jaime processes this as it relates to Tyrion since Cersi accusing Tyrion led to him being locked up and later killing Tywin in his escape. I think Jaime ends up being the one that kills Cersi.

Interested to see what happens with the Army in the North. Now that Jon Snow can mine the dragonglass and take it back to Winterfell when will see the Jon and Daenerys together again?

The Bron-Sansa scene was pretty funny where he tried to explain the 3 eyed raven to her.

The prophesy said that Cersei will be killed by a little brother. It could be Tyrion or Jamie (who is a twin, but she was born first)...or it could be a different little brother all together. I do agree the story line is setting up for it to be Jamie.

Dany is getting butchered in this war and I have a bad feeling she will use her dragons next episode and loose one to the weapon Cersei has.
uscbucsfan

Postby paco74 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:47 am

Dany's biggest problem is that she has no military mind advising her. Tyrion is very clever but not the military mind his father was. Greyworm is a military mind but he has no experience with Westerosi tactics. I think she needs Jon more than Danny can admit. He is still new at military tactics but is way better than what Dany has around her. At the moment she has lost the entire South. Dorn is still an ally but there is no real leadership. I think things change for the better when Jorah Mormont returns to advise her.
paco74

Postby Buc2 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:52 am

paco74 wrote:Dany's biggest problem is that she has no military mind advising her. Tyrion is very clever but not the military mind his father was. Greyworm is a military mind but he has no experience with Westerosi tactics. I think she needs Jon more than Danny can admit. He is still new at military tactics but is way better than what Dany has around her. At the moment she has lost the entire South. Dorn is still an ally but there is no real leadership. I think things change for the better when Jorah Mormont returns to advise her.

Yeah...She's really floundering out there. No good spy network either. If she had a good network, she would have known that Casterly Rock had been left with a skeleton crew. I think she thought she would get over there and just roll over everyone. Oops. Wrong.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Mex-Buc » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:24 am

That Bran-Sansa scene was so interesting, since Bran can see the past and future, anyone noticed how serious he was with Sansa?

I mean, he didn't hugged her, and in a kind of way, was very cruel with her reminding her one of her worst days, it seems like she will do something bad or hurtful in the future, that's why Bran was very anxious to speak to Jon, besides of telling him his heritage, I think he will prevent him of Sansa gathering up with Little finger or something like that..

That Olena dying scene was one of the best, she died trolling, just like she lived..

So far the Lannisters have been surprisingly the winners..
Mex-Buc

Postby Buc2 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:30 am

I don't think Bran can see the future. Only the past & present.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby DreadNaught » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:55 am

Buc2 wrote:I don't think Bran can see the future. Only the past & present.

The 3 eyed raven sees all!!!

Seriously though, I thought I heard him say he can see the future in last nights episode. I'll have to rewatch the scene again.. I haven't seen where he can see into the future yet, but that doesn't mean it's beyond his ability.
DreadNaught

Postby uscbucsfan » Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:11 am

DreadNaught wrote:
Buc2 wrote:I don't think Bran can see the future. Only the past & present.

The 3 eyed raven sees all!!!

Seriously though, I thought I heard him say he can see the future in last nights episode. I'll have to rewatch the scene again.. I haven't seen where he can see into the future yet, but that doesn't mean it's beyond his ability.

There's a pretty plausible theory that the old man was Bran. Having lived through the future, he could have shared with his ylunger self.
uscbucsfan

Postby PrimeMinister » Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:21 am

I'm pretty sure Bran has already shown he can see the future. Didn't he see Cercie using wildfire on Kings Landing before it happened? Also in episode 1 Bran sees the Night King's army marching on green grass. That's definitely the future and not the present.
PrimeMinister

Postby PrimeMinister » Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:21 am

Here is a link discussing the two times Bran has seen the future.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.vanityfa ... heeran/amp
PrimeMinister

Postby uscbucsfan » Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:35 am

I mean it's logical that the threeeyed raven can see past, present, future...one for each eye.

We already know he can impact the past with what is happening in the present.
uscbucsfan

Postby Buc2 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:43 am

But he (Bran) doesn't say he can see the future. I found the quote from his talk with Sansa in last nights episode...

“I can never be lord of anything—I’m the Three-Eyed Raven,” Bran says. Sansa looks about as wary and confused as Dany trying to understand the Army of the Dead. “I can see everything,” Bran says. “Everything that’s ever happened to anyone, everything that’s happening right now.”

And during his training, I don't recall the future ever being mentioned as something the Three-Eyed Raven could see. I'm not saying he can't...just that I don't recall it ever being mentioned as something he could do.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic