The Official Game of Thrones HBO Series Discussion Thread

General Discussion on any Off Topic subject
Re: The Official Game of Thrones HBO Series Discussion Threa

Postby uscbucsfan » Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:49 am

Little finger is not on Arya's list. Bran used the chaos is a ladder line that Littlefinger said to Varys.

Bran isn't really Bran anymore, so it doesn't matter what happen between them in the past.
uscbucsfan

Postby Buc2 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:52 am

DreadNaught wrote:What is the backstory with Bron and Littlefinger? Was it Littlefinger that tried to have him killed and stole Tyrions dagger to frame him?

Also, Arya wants to kill Littlefinger, right? Isn't he on "the list".

Arya has no idea what Littlefinger did, so, no, he's not on her list. Perhaps if Bran The Three-Eyed-Raven decides to tell her, he's go on her list...probably to the top of it. I'm also thinking that Littlefinger will try to kill The T-E-R now that he knows he knows, but Sansa will intervine and kill Littlefinger. Or maybe Arya will. Lots and lots of possiblities. This show f'n rocks. :lol:

Last night's episode was full of awesomeness. Damn right I'm going to watch it again. Probably tonight. I may watch it again next Sunday night before E5 airs too.

So who knocked Jaimie into the lake to save him from Drogon's firey blast? Bronn or Rick...er...Dickon?
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby uscbucsfan » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:02 am

It was Bronn
uscbucsfan

Postby beardmcdoug » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:04 am

OH MY GOD

holy **** I swear I was rethinking everything for those 5 seconds after jaime picked up the spear. what a ****ing finish!!!!

and usually I kind of think the dragons come off a bit cheesy b/c the CGI/uncanny valley deal with them... but holy hell that was just ****ing. bad. ass.

best episode of the season!! one of my favorite of the series by far!!
beardmcdoug

Postby uscbucsfan » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:24 am

beardmcdoug wrote:OH MY GOD

holy **** I swear I was rethinking everything for those 5 seconds after jaime picked up the spear. what a ****ing finish!!!!

and usually I kind of think the dragons come off a bit cheesy b/c the CGI/uncanny valley deal with them... but holy hell that was just ****ing. bad. ass.

I definitely put it behind Hardhome, Battle of the Bastards,Red Wedding, and maybe Winds of Winter.. but it was amazing. Right up near the top.
uscbucsfan

Postby beardmcdoug » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:32 am

uscbucsfan wrote:
beardmcdoug wrote:OH MY GOD

I definitely put it behind Hardhome, Battle of the Bastards,Red Wedding, and maybe Winds of Winter.. but it was amazing. Right up near the top.

****ing hell I can't wait to rewatch the whole series... those are some good ones, don't forget about Blackwater too!
beardmcdoug

Postby uscbucsfan » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:35 am

beardmcdoug wrote:
uscbucsfan wrote:I definitely put it behind Hardhome, Battle of the Bastards,Red Wedding, and maybe Winds of Winter.. but it was amazing. Right up near the top.

****ing hell I can't wait to rewatch the whole series... those are some good ones, don't forget about Blackwater too!

Such a great show.
uscbucsfan

Postby uscbucsfan » Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:34 am

The wife thinks Arya will dawn Jamie's face to kill Cersei thus fulfilling the prophecy.
uscbucsfan

Postby beardmcdoug » Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:37 am

uscbucsfan wrote:The wife thinks Arya will dawn Jamie's face to kill Cersei thus fulfilling the prophecy.

god damnit that's too good! I gotta stop reading this thread!!
beardmcdoug

Postby PrimeMinister » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:58 am

uscbucsfan wrote:The wife thinks Arya will dawn Jamie's face to kill Cersei thus fulfilling the prophecy.

Both your wife and Caradoc are now on my list. This prediction better happen.
PrimeMinister

Postby Buc2 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:10 pm

I'm not moving off what I said a few days ago. Gendry has a role to play.

And what role does Gendry still have to play? You know he's got to show up somewhere and throw another wrench into the gears. GoT never leaves a character unresolved, so it stands to reason he has a role to play in deciding who ultimately sits upon the Iron Throne. Perhaps he does after marrying Dany?

It makes sense. What better way to re-legitimize the throne than a marriage between a Baratheon and a Targaryen? With Gendry and Dany, you have legitimate claims from both. Gendry being the true-born son of King Robert Baratheon and Daenerys being the true-born daughter and only remaining heir of King Aerys II Targaryen. That should make everyone not named Lannister happy. After all, there are no Lannisters, living or dead, that had a legitimate claim to the throne.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby PrimeMinister » Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:43 pm

I don't think Gendry ever comes back into play. Actually I hope his character is gone forever.
PrimeMinister

Postby DreadNaught » Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:52 pm

I watched the 5min "inside the episode' this AM and the producers referenced an 'attraction' taking place between Jon Snow and Daenerys in the cave scene.

I didn't get that same vibe while watching, but these two don't know they are related (not that the show cares about incest anyways) and if we remember last seasons finale Daenerys talked to Daario Naharis about how she would likely have to marry in order to form a strong alliance in Westeros.

Based on the dialogue in the show and what the producers hinted at in last nights episode, are we looking at a Daenarys-Jon Snow union?

Also, in the teaser for next weeks episode we see Daenerys mounted atop Drogon in front of Jon Snow. Someone mentioned earlier how one of the dragons would breath fire on Jon Snow as a way to uncover his lineage.
DreadNaught

Postby Super K » Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:56 pm

DreadNaught wrote:I watched the 5min "inside the episode' this AM and the producers referenced an 'attraction' taking place between Jon Snow and Daenerys in the cave scene.

I didn't get that same vibe while watching, but these two don't know they are related (not that the show cares about incest anyways) and if we remember last seasons finale Daenerys talked to Daario Naharis about how she would likely have to marry in order to form a strong alliance in Westeros.

Based on the dialogue in the show and what the producers hinted at in last nights episode, are we looking at a Daenarys-Jon Snow union?

Also, in the teaser for next weeks episode we see Daenerys mounted atop Drogon in front of Jon Snow. Someone mentioned earlier how one of the dragons would breath fire on Jon Snow as a way to uncover his lineage.

They were hot for each other..no doubt about it..
Super K

Postby DreadNaught » Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:59 pm

Buc2 wrote:I'm not moving off what I said a few days ago. Gendry has a role to play.

And what role does Gendry still have to play? You know he's got to show up somewhere and throw another wrench into the gears. GoT never leaves a character unresolved, so it stands to reason he has a role to play in deciding who ultimately sits upon the Iron Throne. Perhaps he does after marrying Dany?

It makes sense. What better way to re-legitimize the throne than a marriage between a Baratheon and a Targaryen? With Gendry and Dany, you have legitimate claims from both. Gendry being the true-born son of King Robert Baratheon and Daenerys being the true-born daughter and only remaining heir of King Aerys II Targaryen. That should make everyone not named Lannister happy. After all, there are no Lannisters, living or dead, that had a legitimate claim to the throne.

The problem with that theory is what value does Gendry bring to Daenarys? Gendry isn't recognized as a lord or even a Baratheon, and even if he was he still has no following/army to contribute.

Also it was Gendry's dad that led the rebellion against Daenerys father. So both claims can't be seen as legitimate to both of them. If Robert Baratheon's claim to the Iron Throne is legitimate then so is Cersi's, no?
DreadNaught

Postby Buc2 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:46 pm

You guys may be right and I'm just barking up an empty tree. I just know he was not considered a "nobody" in the shows beginnings. They made a point of showing who he was, that he was important enough that the Lannisters wanted him and any other Baratheon child dead and that he survived. Just because he's disappeared from the show is no reason to believe the writers are done with this character.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby uscbucsfan » Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:02 pm

Buc2 wrote:You guys may be right and I'm just barking up an empty tree. I just know he was not considered a "nobody" in the shows beginnings. They made a point of showing who he was, that he was important enough that the Lannisters wanted him and any other Baratheon child dead and that he survived. Just because he's disappeared from the show is no reason to believe the writers are done with this character.

Is he the GoT's version of Walt?
uscbucsfan

Postby terrytate » Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:25 pm

DreadNaught wrote:What is the backstory with Bron and Littlefinger? Was it Littlefinger that tried to have him killed and stole Tyrions dagger to frame him?

Littlefinger didn't send the assassin at Bran, it was Cersei. Unless Cersei had Littlefinger arrange it.

As for Arya and Littlefinger, I am not so sure. I don't think Arya knows that Littlefinger sold out Ned Stark. After all, Sansa apparently doesn't know and she was much deeper in the royal circle.

The real question is how does Bran not know about Littlefinger's role in Ned's death. He's the ****ing Raven after all, I keep waiting for him to drop that line.
terrytate

Postby uscbucsfan » Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:31 pm

terrytate wrote:

The real question is how does Bran not know about Littlefinger's role in Ned's death. He's the ****ing Raven after all, I keep waiting for him to drop that line.

He does, but I don't see him saying anything. He's not Bran anymore.

He doesn't tell Arya the real significance of the Dagger (which was in one of the books Sam was reading in the Citidel in relation to killing white walkers and who supplied it to kill Bran).
uscbucsfan

Postby Buc2 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:25 am

That's actually not far fetched at all and very GoTlike. lol
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Rocker » Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:32 am

Buc2 wrote:

That's actually not far fetched at all and very GoTlike. lol

It's a fun theory, but they've sure been setting it for Jamie's personal redemption arc to climax with the killing of his sister. I think it's more likely that's how it goes, with perhaps Tyrion stepping in at the last second to do the deed and save his brother's conscience.
Rocker

Postby DreadNaught » Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:44 am

Cersi will be killed by her "younger brother" according to the prophecy (which to this point has come true with her becoming Queen and all 3 kids dead). Cersi knows the prophecy and is convinced it will be Tyrion. But Jaime is technically younger than Cersi also so I could see that happening.
DreadNaught

Postby paco74 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:13 am

Buc2 wrote:I'm not moving off what I said a few days ago. Gendry has a role to play.

Gendry is not true-born. The term implies Robert and Gendry's mother were married. Not the case. Gendry is base-born, as in a child between a noble and smallfolk. Jon would be bastard-born, having unwed noble parents. If it is proven Rhaegar and Lyanna were secretly married, then he is then high-born or a natural/true son.

That aside, I'd like to touch on Bran's character. I feel like he is the only character that no longer has a duality or plurality. He says he is no longer Bran Stark but only the Three-eyed Raven. But why? Jon is both alive and dead, a noble and a bastard, Stark and Targaryen. Dany has so many titles it's crazy. Arya is No-one and Arya of House Stark. I could go on. I don't see why Bran couldn't be both Bran and T3ER. I guess I'm just crabby that he showed no emotion towards Sansa. He did actually put his arm around Arya when she hugged him.

As far as Arya wearing Jaime's face to kill Cersei, I find that possible but improbable. Things have become cyclical. We've had a Targaryen land in Westeros with three dragons and establish their seat at Dragonstone, again. We've had the Field of Fire 2.0, and it looks as if men will have to come together as one to battle the Night King..again. There is almost no reason not to think that Jaime will once again save the realm by killing the Mad...Queen thus fulfilling Maggie the Frog's prophecy. Of course, the producers love to **** with us and all the signs pointing in that direction could be a giant smokescreen.
paco74

Postby Buc2 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:47 am

This show might be the most fun to talk about series I've ever watched. Love to hear all the different theroies. And Paco schooling my on how true-born/base-born works. Much appreciated, Paco. However, if bastard children are of no consequence, then why did Cersei/Joffrey decide they needed to kill all of Robert's bastards? Still, Cersei will die. If anyone deserves to, it's her. I don't care how or by whom, but it will happen.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby DreadNaught » Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:14 pm

Here is a question I was pondering for all you GoT addicts;

We know the White Walkers were created by the Children of the Forest to protect them from the first men that arrived from Essos. So was Jon Snows depiction of the cave paintings inaccurate where he stated the CoF and Man fought together against the Night King?

I need answers!!!
DreadNaught

Postby PrimeMinister » Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:20 pm

DreadNaught wrote:Here is a question I was pondering for all you GoT addicts;

We know the White Walkers were created by the Children of the Forest to protect them from the first men that arrived from Essos. So was Jon Snows depiction of the cave paintings inaccurate where he stated the CoF and Man fought together against the Night King?

I need answers!!!

It was accurate. The CoF created the WW to protect them, but eventually the WW became the bigger threat to the CoF and Man which led to them working together against the Night King. CoF basically created a weapon and lost control of it.

That's my understanding.
PrimeMinister

Postby DreadNaught » Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:31 pm

PrimeMinister wrote:

I need answers!!!

It was accurate. The CoF created the WW to protect them, but eventually the WW became the bigger threat to the CoF and Man which led to them working together against the Night King. CoF basically created a weapon and lost control of it.

That's my understanding.

Makes sense. I had my chronology confused it seems.

So the CoF and first men battled when the first men arrived from Essos.
In order to protect themselves those little bastards (COF) created White Walkers.
The CoF realized they created a weapon they couldn't control and thus banded to together with the first men to fight against the White Walkers

Thanks...
DreadNaught

Postby paco74 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:19 am

Buc2 wrote:This show might be the most fun to talk about series I've ever watched. Love to hear all the different theroies. And Paco schooling my on how true-born/base-born works. Much appreciated, Paco. However, if bastard children are of no consequence, then why did Cersei/Joffrey decide they needed to kill all of Robert's bastards? Still, Cersei will die. If anyone deserves to, it's her. I don't care how or by whom, but it will happen.

Easy to answer there, mi amigo. That scenario was much different. You see, you can't have a claim to the throne unless your father was the king. Joffrey and Tommen were not Robert's children, therefore any any of his children bastard or low-born would have a better claim to the throne. The secret was out that Robert's "seed is strong" as in his genes were dominant regardless of the mother. All his real children had black/brown hair...ALL. That was why Cersei had to kill off all of them. Gendry got away and in the books, so did his only bastard-born son, Cedric, when Davos stole him away from Stannis and Melissandre. Cedric would have the best claim to the throne followed by Gendry...especially since the Baratheon line is down to those two. Of course, if we go by Targaryen line, I still think Jon has the strongest claim over Dany simply because he is male.
paco74

Postby uscbucsfan » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:23 am

paco74 wrote:
Buc2 wrote:This show might be the most fun to talk about series I've ever watched. Love to hear all the different theroies. And Paco schooling my on how true-born/base-born works. Much appreciated, Paco. However, if bastard children are of no consequence, then why did Cersei/Joffrey decide they needed to kill all of Robert's bastards? Still, Cersei will die. If anyone deserves to, it's her. I don't care how or by whom, but it will happen.

Easy to answer there, mi amigo. That scenario was much different. You see, you can't have a claim to the throne unless your father was the king. Joffrey and Tommen were not Robert's children, therefore any any of his children bastard or low-born would have a better claim to the throne. The secret was out that Robert's "seed is strong" as in his genes were dominant regardless of the mother. All his real children had black/brown hair...ALL. That was why Cersei had to kill off all of them. Gendry got away and in the books, so did his only bastard-born son, Cedric, when Davos stole him away from Stannis and Melissandre. Cedric would have the best claim to the throne followed by Gendry...especially since the Baratheon line is down to those two. Of course, if we go by Targaryen line, I still think Jon has the strongest claim over Dany simply because he is male.

Does Aegon have more of a right than Jon?

Also, regarding Jamie killing Cersei...it seems almost too obvious at this point, which to me is why the Arya wearing his face is actually really plausible.
uscbucsfan

Postby paco74 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:23 am

I need answers!!!

I don't think it was. Yes, the CoF created the white walkers to defend them from the first men, but I think once the WWs turned on the CoF, both sides saw a common threat and were forced to put an end to their personal issues and band together for mutual survival. I think with the limited episodes remaining we will not get this explained any further. The fans will have to make due with Jon's interpretation of the cave carvings.
paco74

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic