The Official Game of Thrones HBO Series Discussion Thread

General Discussion on any Off Topic subject
Re: The Official Game of Thrones HBO Series Discussion Threa

Postby PrimeMinister » Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:22 pm

Buc2 wrote:But he (Bran) doesn't say he can see the future. I found the quote from his talk with Sansa in last nights episode...

“I can never be lord of anything—I’m the Three-Eyed Raven,” Bran says. Sansa looks about as wary and confused as Dany trying to understand the Army of the Dead. “I can see everything,” Bran says. “Everything that’s ever happened to anyone, everything that’s happening right now.”

And during his training, I don't recall the future ever being mentioned as something the Three-Eyed Raven could see. I'm not saying he can't...just that I don't recall it ever being mentioned as something he could do.

But we saw him actually DO it. He saw the wildfire before it happened.
PrimeMinister

Postby Buc2 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:48 pm

PrimeMinister wrote:
Buc2 wrote:But he (Bran) doesn't say he can see the future. I found the quote from his talk with Sansa in last nights episode...

“I can never be lord of anything—I’m the Three-Eyed Raven,” Bran says. Sansa looks about as wary and confused as Dany trying to understand the Army of the Dead. “I can see everything,” Bran says. “Everything that’s ever happened to anyone, everything that’s happening right now.”

And during his training, I don't recall the future ever being mentioned as something the Three-Eyed Raven could see. I'm not saying he can't...just that I don't recall it ever being mentioned as something he could do.

But we saw him actually DO it. He saw the wildfire before it happened.

Hmm. Okay. I don't remember that. Thanks.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby paco74 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:14 pm

Buc2 wrote:
paco74 wrote:Dany's biggest problem is that she has no military mind advising her. Tyrion is very clever but not the military mind his father was. Greyworm is a military mind but he has no experience with Westerosi tactics. I think she needs Jon more than Danny can admit. He is still new at military tactics but is way better than what Dany has around her. At the moment she has lost the entire South. Dorn is still an ally but there is no real leadership. I think things change for the better when Jorah Mormont returns to advise her.

Yeah...She's really floundering out there. No good spy network either. If she had a good network, she would have known that Casterly Rock had been left with a skeleton crew. I think she thought she would get over there and just roll over everyone. Oops. Wrong.

She could have, but like Tyrion advised her, she doesn't want to be the queen of ashes. And she does have the Spider's birdies still, it's just not in the script...and Dragonstone is a bit isolated. Messages from his little birdies have to be hand delivered because ravens are usually kept only by maesters.
paco74

Postby paco74 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:23 pm

uscbucsfan wrote:
DreadNaught wrote:
The 3 eyed raven sees all!!!

Seriously though, I thought I heard him say he can see the future in last nights episode. I'll have to rewatch the scene again.. I haven't seen where he can see into the future yet, but that doesn't mean it's beyond his ability.

There's a pretty plausible theory that the old man was Bran. Having lived through the future, he could have shared with his ylunger self.

Plausible...in a very loose way maybe. Meera could see the old 3 eyed....how can Bran exist in two different ages in the same time period? The old 3 eyed is actually Bloodraven or Brynden Rivers, one of Aegon "The Unworthy" Targaryan's bastard-born children whose mother was a Lady. Now, will the show change that up? One can never count anything out.

Edit: I think you meant plausible as in Bran can see everything. My good.

On that note, I'm a bit confused. I thought that the sight the three-eyed raven has is attributed to what the weirwood trees can see through the eyes and faces the children of the forest carved (old magic and whatnot). If that is so, it is impossible to see everything that is happening now. I believe it was the First Men or maybe the Andals that came afterwards who began to cut down those tree. If so, there has to be areas that are like cell phone dead areas to Bran's sight. On a deeper level, how can he see what is going on inside a building if the trees have to be present. I'd have to research the books' explanation versus the show's.
paco74

Postby real bucs fan » Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:56 pm

Episode 3 did it's job. Brought the story along, and saved some of the budget for other episodes.
real bucs fan

Postby Buc2 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:04 am

And what role does Gendry still have to play? You know he's got to show up somewhere and throw another wrench into the gears. GoT never leaves a character unresolved, so it stands to reason he has a role to play in deciding who ultimately sits upon the Iron Throne. Perhaps he does after marrying Dany?

As for the Ice King, I think that issue will have to be resolved before the Iron Throne issue is resolved. My theory is that Bran is going to tell Jon who he really is. Jon will finally convince Dany to help him fight the Ice King. Dany will turn her dragons loose on the Ice King's army. Bye-bye Ice King. Then it's on to Kings Landing.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby DreadNaught » Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:16 am

Buc2 wrote:And what role does Gendry still have to play? You know he's got to show up somewhere and throw another wrench into the gears. GoT never leaves a character unresolved, so it stands to reason he has a role to play in deciding who ultimately sits upon the Iron Throne. Perhaps he does after marrying Dany?

As for the Ice King, I think that issue will have to be resolved before the Iron Throne issue is resolved. My theory is that Bran is going to tell Jon who he really is. Jon will finally convince Dany to help him fight the Ice King. Dany will turn her dragons loose on the Ice King's army. Bye-bye Ice King. Then it's on to Kings Landing.

Not sure how the storyline with Gendry will play out, but I agree his storyline will pick-up somewhere before it's over.

The way this season is shaping up with only 4 episodes left is that the fight for the Iron Throne between Cersi and Daenerys will be settled. I think the 6 episodes that will make up the final season (8) will focus on the Ice King and the battle of the living vs the dead.

In next weeks teaser we saw Drogon flying with what appeared to be Daenerys on his back. I assume there will be some type battle ensuing there.
DreadNaught

Postby paco74 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:55 am

Buc2 wrote:And what role does Gendry still have to play? You know he's got to show up somewhere and throw another wrench into the gears. GoT never leaves a character unresolved, so it stands to reason he has a role to play in deciding who ultimately sits upon the Iron Throne. Perhaps he does after marrying Dany?

Now that is a theory that I could wrap my head around...and hasn't been said by anyone I follow on GoT subject matter. BUT here is a twist for you. Martin has said the ending will be bitter sweet. What if both Dany and Jon die at the very end. That is all she wrote for Targaryans. If we then follow the Baratheon lineage, who is left? Well, no one high born or even bastard-born since the producers remove the story line of Edric Storm. His oldest living descendant is...Gendry. What if we finally get the Baratheon Stark wedding that was promised long before Robert's Rebellion. Dany's last act as queen is to naturalize Gendry and he then becomes heir to the throne then marries...Arya. :lol:
paco74

Postby Buc2 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:45 am

paco74 wrote:

Now that is a theory that I could wrap my head around...and hasn't been said by anyone I follow on GoT subject matter. BUT here is a twist for you. Martin has said the ending will be bitter sweet. What if both Dany and Jon die at the very end. That is all she wrote for Targaryans. If we then follow the Baratheon lineage, who is left? Well, no one high born or even bastard-born since the producers remove the story line of Edric Storm. His oldest living descendant is...Gendry. What if we finally get the Baratheon Stark wedding that was promised long before Robert's Rebellion. Dany's last act as queen is to naturalize Gendry and he then becomes heir to the throne then marries...Arya. :lol:

Nice! And why not? That theory makes as much sense as any other.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby paco74 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:17 pm

There is a fan theory picking up momentum that Missandei may be the Dany's third betrayer. It is all based on the small dialogue she and Davos had while walking up the path to the castle at Dragonstone. Davos was speaking of the island she is from, the island of Naath. He goes on to state some of the things found on the island as proof that he has heard of the place and she says nothing to either confirm or reject those facts about Naath.

While I think it is nothing, the producers never have unimportant dialogue...for the most part. Interesting theory that I hope is not true.

Arya at Winterfell nexgt episode I think is going to be epic. She can tell when people lie. Look out Littlefinger :birdiedoublered:
paco74

Postby Buc2 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:59 pm

paco74 wrote:There is a fan theory picking up momentum that Missandei may be the Dany's third betrayer. It is all based on the small dialogue she and Davos had while walking up the path to the castle at Dragonstone. Davos was speaking of the island she is from, the island of Naath. He goes on to state some of the things found on the island as proof that he has heard of the place and she says nothing to either confirm or reject those facts about Naath.

While I think it is nothing, the producers never have unimportant dialogue...for the most part. Interesting theory that I hope is not true.

Arya at Winterfell nexgt episode I think is going to be epic. She can tell when people lie. Look out Littlefinger :birdiedoublered:

I didn't make that connection about Missandei. Man... I hope that doesn't come to pass. I like her and if she betray's Dany, well, I think you can say goodbye to her character. She'll become dragon feed.

Unlike Gerald McCoy, Arya is a badass. :D
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Caradoc » Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:47 am

My theory on the Jon Snow reveal:

Danaerys flees north for safety/sanctuary with Jon now that she doesn't hold all the cards. She learns the threat is real and unleashes the dragons. During some theatrical self-sacrifice scene Jon gets dragonfire breathed on him and comes out unburnt as well. THEN Bran explains.
Caradoc

Postby Buc2 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:19 am

Caradoc wrote:

Danaerys flees north for safety/sanctuary with Jon now that she doesn't hold all the cards. She learns the threat is real and unleashes the dragons. During some theatrical self-sacrifice scene Jon gets dragonfire breathed on him and comes out unburnt as well. THEN Bran explains.

Nice. I like.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby PrimeMinister » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:12 am

Caradoc wrote:

That would be an excellent scene. Bran wouldn't have to convince anyone at that point just explain why Jon is still alive. Dany would immediately trust Jon then as well. I like it.
PrimeMinister

Postby beardmcdoug » Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:18 am

Caradoc wrote:

dude, nice

paco - nice theory too

I'd come here more often but I don't want this **** in my head!!
beardmcdoug

Postby Buc2 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:24 pm

So I decided to re-watch the last couple episodes of season 6 before re-watching the first 3 episodes of this season and noticed a blunder the writers made. I’m sure they’ve made others, but I usually don’t manage to catch them.

Anyway, in episode 9 (Battle of the Bastards), the two opposing forces are meeting in the field the day before the battle, talking smack to each other. Sansa rides off. After she rode off, Bolton tells Jon and the others still there that his dogs want to meet them because he hasn’t fed them for 7 days. Then near the end, in the kennels, Sansa reminds Bolton that he said he hadn’t fed his dogs in 7 days. She couldn’t have heard him say that on the field the day before because she had already ridden off.

Here’s the script for the parts I’m talking about:

SANSA: You’re going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well.

SANSA turns her horse and rides away.

RAMSAY (to JON SNOW): She’s a fine woman, your sister. I look forward to having her back in my bed. And you’re all fine-looking men. My dogs are desperate to meet you. I haven’t fed them for seven days. They’re ravenous. I wonder which parts they’ll try first. Your eyes? Your balls? We’ll find out soon enough. In the morning, then, bastard.

RAMSAY and company ride back towards Winterfell. JON SNOW looks down.

Then at the kennels after the battle:

SANSA: Your words will disappear. Your house will disappear. Your name will disappear. All memory of you will disappear.

The dogs growl in their cells and begin filtering out into the kennel.

RAMSAY: My hounds will never harm me.

SANSA: You haven’t fed them in seven days. You said it yourself.

RAMSAY: They’re loyal beasts.

SANSA: They were. Now they’re starving.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby uscbucsfan » Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:32 pm

He likely mentioned that more than once... We don't see everything.
uscbucsfan

Postby Buc2 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:40 pm

uscbucsfan wrote:He likely mentioned that more than once... We don't see everything.

Yeah. I get that. We (viewers) can always "read between the lines" and let stuff go. But it was a mistake by those that are supposed to catch those type of continuity issues. Regardless, I already made up a story in my mind to overlook it. :lol:
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby paco74 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:36 am

Buc2 wrote:So I decided to re-watch the last couple episodes of season 6 before re-watching the first 3 episodes of this season and noticed a blunder the writers made. I’m sure they’ve made others, but I usually don’t manage to catch them.

Anyway, in episode 9 (Battle of the Bastards), the two opposing forces are meeting in the field the day before the battle, talking smack to each other. Sansa rides off. After she rode off, Bolton tells Jon and the others still there that his dogs want to meet them because he hasn’t fed them for 7 days. Then near the end, in the kennels, Sansa reminds Bolton that he said he hadn’t fed his dogs in 7 days. She couldn’t have heard him say that on the field the day before because she had already ridden off.

Here’s the script for the parts I’m talking about:

SANSA: You’re going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well.

SANSA turns her horse and rides away.

RAMSAY (to JON SNOW): She’s a fine woman, your sister. I look forward to having her back in my bed. And you’re all fine-looking men. My dogs are desperate to meet you. I haven’t fed them for seven days. They’re ravenous. I wonder which parts they’ll try first. Your eyes? Your balls? We’ll find out soon enough. In the morning, then, bastard.

RAMSAY and company ride back towards Winterfell. JON SNOW looks down.

Then at the kennels after the battle:

SANSA: Your words will disappear. Your house will disappear. Your name will disappear. All memory of you will disappear.

The dogs growl in their cells and begin filtering out into the kennel.

RAMSAY: My hounds will never harm me.

SANSA: You haven’t fed them in seven days. You said it yourself.

RAMSAY: They’re loyal beasts.

SANSA: They were. Now they’re starving.

This little nugget bothered me and many others. I can only assume that Jon told her what he had said since Ramsey was placed in the kennels. That said, the actual dialogue is presented as if she heard it firsthand.

I like the Jon and dragon fire theory. Jon the Unburnt!
paco74

Postby PrimeMinister » Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:46 am

Caradoc, if this theory doesn't happen I'm going to be pissed at you lol.
PrimeMinister

Postby Buc2 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:43 pm

PrimeMinister wrote:Caradoc, if this theory doesn't happen I'm going to be pissed at you lol.

:lol: :lol:
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Buc2 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:04 pm

A friend of mine mentioned another idea/prediction/whatever-you-want-to-call-it. He thinks Littlefinger will wind up sitting on the Iron Throne when all is said and done. Now that would be ironic. The guy from a minor family that has worked in the service of other kings most of his life ends up on top of the heap at the end.

Some other things he predicts:
1 - It will be Jaimie that kills Cersei, thereby fulfilling the prophecy that a younger sibling (albeit, younger by just a few minutes) will kill her.
2 - Littlefinger will kill Sansa after a final rejection of his misdirected love.
3 - The Hound finally gets to kill his brother.
4 - Arya will become the Lady of Winterfell (proving that it really isn't her to be the lady of another lords castle).
5 - Varys will kill Littlefinger in the Throne Room in the final episode and as the picture starts to fade out, Varys is seen removing his mask to reveal it was really Arya. **The End**
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Rocker » Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:54 pm

HOLY ****ing WHAT THE **** AWESOME WAS THAT
Rocker

Postby paco74 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:00 pm

I still have a dragon hard on! F'n awesome
paco74

Postby Super K » Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:30 pm

Rocker wrote:HOLY ****ing WHAT THE **** AWESOME WAS THAT

Took the words right outta my mouth!
Super K

Postby PrimeMinister » Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:10 am

Best episode of the season. Damn!
PrimeMinister

Postby PrimeMinister » Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:12 am

Best moments:

1) Arya vs Brienne. I think Arya became my favorite character tonight. She is ****ing amazing. They've done a wonderful job showing how talented Arya is now.

2) THE BATTLE. Seeing Jaime's face when Drogon shows up was gold. Drogon was just boss tonight. Overall excellent battle scene.

3) Littlefinger vs Bran and when he saw Arya fighting.

4) Jon & Dany in the cave.
PrimeMinister

Postby terrytate » Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:10 am

PrimeMinister wrote:Best moments:

1) Arya vs Brienne. I think Arya became my favorite character tonight. She is ****ing amazing. They've done a wonderful job showing how talented Arya is now.

2) THE BATTLE. Seeing Jaime's face when Drogon shows up was gold. Drogon was just boss tonight. Overall excellent battle scene.

3) Littlefinger vs Bran and when he saw Arya fighting.

4) Jon & Dany in the cave.

I''ll admit, with all that had happened I had completely forgotten that Jon Snow likely wanted to kill Theon.

Those Dothraki do not fool around. At all.

THe whole bit with Arya and Brienne, every bit of it. From Brienne's awkward acceptance of Arya as her lady, to her look of utter disbelief as Arya went into the Matrix on her, to how they looked like total Bro's after fighting. I am sure Brienne has never met another female that could stand toe to toe with her.

Tyrion on the hill begging Jaime not to attack Denny and Drogon.

I've never, not once, seen Bron rattled. Dude looked like his was full on brown trousers.

Amazing ep, just amazing. Hell, I might rewatch that one tonight.
terrytate

Postby PrimeMinister » Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:27 am

I forgot about Tyrion! This episode is a must rewatch imo. Absolutely amazing.
PrimeMinister

Postby DreadNaught » Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:59 am

What is the backstory with Bron and Littlefinger? Was it Littlefinger that tried to have him killed and stole Tyrions dagger to frame him?

Also, Arya wants to kill Littlefinger, right? Isn't he on "the list".
DreadNaught

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic