Love 'em or Hate 'em, you read 'em

General Discussion on any Off Topic subject
Love 'em or Hate 'em, you read 'em

Postby PetePierson » Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:18 pm

Not so much a popularity contest but posters that you make sweet forum love to (ended in a preposition bc I am a rebel. Like James Dean; too fast to live and too young to die):

Outsider- simply because he is the only poster who actually scares me. ****ing lunatic.

NYBF - We have met, I have punched him the face. He cried. But just an assassin.

Croc - Just seems like an ole timer that anyone would love to have a drink with and shoot the ****. Good dude. Irondog a close 2nd in this regard.

Bootz - We are not friends, but I respect his commitment to being a jackass.

mdb / sanka - purely to feel better about myself. My life is a dumpster fire but at least I am not them.

Kress - his wife is a smoke show.

Cheb - he's black? He's an engineer? Strong football takes.

will add more later.
PetePierson

Re: Love 'em or Hate 'em, you read 'em

Postby Rocker » Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:12 pm

**** off.

I should be tops on your list for my vaguely conservative takes, top tier jokes, and the ONLY POSTER IN HISTORY with a First One Wins notch in my belt.

Also, I’m handsome as hell and I’ll give a sweet deal on your trade in.

3/10 on OP. Would read again if someone else made it.

Edit: got my dealer license today and I’m currently tipsy and don’t word good. Did I mention I’m handsome?
Rocker

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:36 pm

Rocker wrote:**** off.

I should be tops on your list for my vaguely conservative takes, top tier jokes, and the ONLY POSTER IN HISTORY with a First One Wins notch in my belt.

Edit: got my dealer license today and I’m currently tipsy and don’t word good. Did I mention I’m handsome?

Handsome like a stomach pump.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Rocker » Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:20 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
Rocker wrote:**** off.

Handsome like a stomach pump.

On the (patented) Pete Pierson scale of Dolezal to Rocker, I’m trending upward. 8 out of 10 stud index forecasters suggest buying in before my stock skyrockets.
Rocker

Postby The Outsider » Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:21 pm

Well, like Machiavelli said... It is better to be feared than loved, if you cannot be both.
The Outsider

Postby Deja Entendu » Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:45 pm

The Outsider wrote:Well, like Machiavelli said... It is better to be feared than loved, if you cannot be both.

Dude, Tupac stole that from Sonny LoSpecchio. C'mon.
Deja Entendu

Postby Patrick McIrish » Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:53 am

PetePierson wrote:Cheb - he's black? He's an engineer? Strong football takes.

We'll agree to disagree on that one Pete.

Matter of fact Cheb is far and away the most overrated poster on the board (football takes).

I don't know how he does down here, rare for me to check out the basement but his reputation is WAY off base upstairs with the grown ups.

Where people got the idea he knows a lick about the game I'll never understand. His love for Mike Smith was a post I'll never forget, wow.

Dude is a west coast participation ribbon type of guy.
Patrick McIrish

Postby IronDog » Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:05 am

Sweet! I made a list.
IronDog

Postby Crocaneers » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:04 pm

IronDog wrote:Sweet! I made a list.

You should lead the category.. IMO.. Thanks Pete for the honor. ID is much more interesting of a person than I will ever aim to be

For the read 'em .. [in no order, and there are others for sure .. I built the list in email over the past week or so. I spend too much time in this thing :)]
Dread : football, personal, LOW .. all good
MJW: top NFL objective commentary
Mooz: .. guys a legend, how don't you read him?
Ich : I rarely get to watch the games, and the breakdown is always dead on
Beardie : Also great reads
Nano : Keeps the score prediction thread in order
paco: Good OT knowledge as well as TD
ID: Man . .I just hope you get better. Always admired your profession
Buc2: great LOW, good comments in TD
Zarni : Good guy, has his priorities in complete order
Rocker: Came close many times to crossing paths, and then he ran to Virginia. Incredible read and analysis. He has a great story
MB : Great guy .. his move to the panhandle puts us in proximity to meet
PM : Another LOW life .. and all around good guy.
Jessie: not on as much anymore .. but great gal and one of the originals from years ago .. GEAH ..
BabeinBucLand : Gotten to really understand where she comes from.
acmillis: good content.
Teitan: Getting to know more . .leads our BZ Slimey Pick 'em .. knowledge is key
Kress: Always had good comments, and one of the leaders in the "would like to meet one day category".
Pete: Good guy, met him a 1,000 years ago in SEZ. He doesn't remember, so it's good :)
SuperK : he's having a crud college season . I really feel for the guy (along with delt, et al). .been there, done that, have the fired coaches
delt: We used to spare A LOT .. glad we can sit on the same professional sidelines
Bootz : he's Bootz .. I had him on a quarantine for a while, but now things have calmed, I am reading again ..
Slimey: RIP .. I still go back and read some his content . thanking a few a long the way .. the guy was magic .. I miss him A LOT

For the avoids ..
I will leave the list blank, but will admit there are some I can't step into ... its not worth the struggle

For the missed [those not active / gone]
Slimey : 'nuff said
0-26 : Seems to have found peace outside the board .. good on him
McFan: had a bad last year . .drops in and out .. good guy
Hatter: we text and tweet often .. he's in and out here .. great guy . .got me through a dark patch a few back
Bayou : another good guy .. great round of priorities ..
Wenchy : she was cool . then she got pissed
FtMyers: She's here .. just not active
Philly : same .. she's a great person
cbm : also here .. just not active often .. don't blame her
HaleBuc: Also low active but follow on FB ..
14's : they dropped out in UTBBBB days .. once BZ was booted, they didn't come back
Crocaneers

Postby IronDog » Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:39 pm

Hell of a write up there buddy. Thanks for the high praise.

As for the topic at hand, hmmm

First off, I don't have anyone on IGNORE or Block or whatever the nomenclature is. Typically, I will look into the threads because of the title, rather than the author. Unfortunately we don't have that feature dealing with the mouse-over, so I find myself looking at more crap than substance. If I find the premise interesting or intriguing, I will tend to revisit it more frequently. Which means that I end up reading everyone's stuff. That is until it devolves into one of the "Piss on you no piss on YOU!" type of deals, and eventually it seems to make it off the front page.

I find myself being less attentive than I once was which might result in me wandering over here to find something of interest from first glance, but that has already wracked up enough pages that the system starts putting ... in the middle. Unless I had already seen or participated in that, it's likely I will blow off what surely was some riveting dialogue. An example would be that Science and Technology thread. I've missed too much to dedicate my short attention span to and have never gone past the first page.

I do, however, find myself blowing thru a lot of the ranting between posters having their own personal meltdowns, but sometimes I might wade in for a drive by shooting.

I come here mostly as an escape and can't get too excited about some of your feuds. Grow the hell up! We, like it or not, are our own families.

I'll admit to mostly observing in TD as I appreciate a lot of the info laid out in there. But who really gives a damn if Ali Marpet Gets Paid? There's a lot of money being wasted all over the place.

I typically watch one game a week, if I can somehow catch it. And I do take an interest. But I can't stand when they squander my 3 hours with shitty performances and I will participate in the game day threads and their relatives. But for the most part, I can't get too involved with anymore.

So when you have something to say, do it well. I'll attempt to do the same.

Cheers!
IronDog

Postby Selmon Rules » Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:45 pm

Don't have anyone on ignore but I do admit to skimming over some posters stuff after reading the first part and see it's nothing more than some ridiculous rant
Sig currently being held hostage by Photobucket, will return next fall
Selmon Rules

Postby Buc2 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:46 am

I also don't have anyone on ignore. However, there are some folks I pay more attention to than others. In OT, folks like Zarni, Beard, Dread, MB, Croc, Rocker, Super K, usc, Brazen, Red, Ken Carson. In TD, folks like Ichabod, MJW, Bootz, rbf, PM, Cheb, Doctor, Nano, TerryTate. For purely comedic relief, folks like PMI, Sanka, NYBF, Pete, Alpha. Some cross over into other areas...such as Bootz being good for comedic relief as well as TD. But I'll read anyone's posts that are part of a legit, ongoing discussion.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Return to Off Topic