SNL

General Discussion on any Off Topic subject
Re: SNL

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:00 pm

DreadNaught wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:I don't watch a lot of TV shows
these days, Deuce.

I'm not sure what you want Hollywood to do. More conservative actors? More conservative characters? More shows that preach conservatism?

#Equality

#Fairnessdoctrine
Mountaineer Buc

Postby The Outsider » Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:21 pm

beardmcdoug wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:I don't watch a lot of TV shows
these days, Deuce.

I'm not sure what you want Hollywood to do. More conservative actors? More conservative characters? More shows that preach conservatism?

Bring back leading man Mel Gibson!!!

Mel approves, sugartits.
The Outsider

Postby Kress » Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:22 pm

You know, when I watch a sitcom, I generally don't give a rat's ass what political leanings the actors' characters have - or the actors themselves, for that matter. If they go extreme one way or another, it's funny, you know? Sitcom? Funny? It's not a propaganda campaign.

Now I get that the thread is SNL, but it strayed into Last Man Standing and Roseann and everything else. I will grant that SNL is somehow different because they do portray as pushy with it, but it's still a comedy sketch show. If you find it funny, good. If you don't, there might be something else you could find to occupy that segment of your life.

Outside of something portraying itself as News, and not being intellectually honest about what they say or skewing it, I don't much care. Its entertainment programming, and it shouldn't affect anyone's lives one way or another.
Kress

Postby The Outsider » Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:25 pm

Kress wrote:You know, when I watch a sitcom, I generally don't give a rat's ass what political leanings the actors' characters have - or the actors themselves, for that matter. If they go extreme one way or another, it's funny, you know? Sitcom? Funny? It's not a propaganda campaign.

Now I get that the thread is SNL, but it strayed into Last Man Standing and Roseann and everything else. I will grant that SNL is somehow different because they do portray as pushy with it, but it's still a comedy sketch show. If you find it funny, good. If you don't, there might be something else you could find to occupy that segment of your life.

Outside of something portraying itself as News, and not being intellectually honest about what they say or skewing it, I don't much care. Its entertainment programming, and it shouldn't affect anyone's lives one way or another.

Get the **** outta here with that rational response, counselor.
The Outsider

Postby Deuce » Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:34 pm

The Outsider wrote:
Kress wrote:You know, when I watch a sitcom, I generally don't give a rat's ass what political leanings the actors' characters have - or the actors themselves, for that matter. If they go extreme one way or another, it's funny, you know? Sitcom? Funny? It's not a propaganda campaign.

In response to who, though? I feel like I kind of started this "SNL is too liberal" discussion (in this thread) and my point was that it's too one sided to be funny, so I don't watch it.

The only one getting a little irrational is a certain guy who lives in the mountains and likes the Bucs.
Deuce

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:51 pm

Deuce wrote:
The Outsider wrote:

In response to who, though? I feel like I kind of started this "SNL is too liberal" discussion (in this thread) and my point was that it's too one sided to be funny, so I don't watch it.

The only one getting a little irrational is a certain guy who lives in the mountains and likes the Bucs.

Dude I had this conversation while having beer and wings. When I fly off the handle, you'll know it.

I'm sorry you don't like it when SNL makes fun of your guy, but it goes with the territory, I promise you.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Buc2 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:01 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
Buc2 wrote:I would challenge that, but this isn't the right sub-forum for it.

It really doesn't matter.If you're the POTUS, you're gonna be parodied on SNL. It comes with the job.

I haven't immersed myself into the SNL are meanies to conservatives hysteria. Mostly because I really don't give a ****. It stopped being funny a good 2 decades ago or more, so I never watch it. I was only commenting on the incorrect part of your post.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby RedLeader » Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:02 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
Deuce wrote:
bro, we just had this conversation at the top of this page.

Yeah, and I'm still struggling with what it is you want.

Trump is President. So as far as SNL is concerned, its his turn to get fucked with. The man has a 35% approval rating and practically writes the jokes for them because he's a total buffoon.

Are you asking them to stop picking on the slow kid?

Funny enough, i dont even think they mentioned Trump once this past week..

Alec must be shooting an epic film somewhere.

And it was funny to see Matt Damon trying to throw shade on BK, considering who his BFFs in Hollywood were for over the last decade... im sure Weinstein and Afleck got a good laugh. Lol
RedLeader

Postby Zarniwoop » Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:09 pm

I think it's probably been 10 years since I saw SNl, actually probably more. I have no idea who is on it now. Or what the common characters are.

To me its always been a show aimed at under 30's.
Zarniwoop

Postby Deuce » Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:15 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
Deuce wrote:

Dude I had this conversation while having beer and wings. When I fly off the handle, you'll know it.

I'm sorry you don't like it when SNL makes fun of your guy, but it goes with the territory, I promise you.

I'm impressed that you could search for and post like 10 different pictures (last page) in the middle of wings.

Yep, you got me, I'm a yuuuge Trump guy.

No, my beef isn't them making fun of Trump. It's that I watched the show starting when I was little and continued until last season. It was always hit or miss but now it's completely miss because like I said, they go for cheers instead of laughs.
Deuce

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:24 pm

Deuce wrote:
Mountaineer Buc wrote:Dude I had this conversation while having beer and wings. When I fly off the handle, you'll know it.

I'm impressed that you could search for and post like 10 different pictures (last page) in the middle of wings.

Yep, you got me, I'm a yuuuge Trump guy.

No, my beef isn't them making fun of Trump. It's that I watched the show starting when I was little and continued until last season. It was always hit or miss but now it's completely miss because like I said, they go for cheers instead of laughs.

That was after wings.

But okay. If that's the way you feel about it. I just don't see it that way. Must be all that bias I'm carrying around.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby The Outsider » Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:11 pm

Deuce wrote:
The Outsider wrote:

That was a joke, poop.
The Outsider

Postby PetePierson » Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:42 pm

Man, wish Selmon63 aka Hollywood was still around for this thread.

I agree with Kress. I'm a Jersey boy so was predetermined that I'm obsessed with Springsteen. I've seen him / E Street live over 20 times. Don't agree or support his ultra left views but doesn't affect my passion for his music and story telling.
PetePierson

Postby NYBF » Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:45 pm

PetePierson wrote: I'm a Jersey boy

This explains so much.
NYBF

Postby PetePierson » Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:07 pm

NYBF wrote:
PetePierson wrote: I'm a Jersey boy

This explains so much.

Eat a ****.
PetePierson

Postby beardmcdoug » Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:17 pm

The Outsider wrote:
Deuce wrote:

That was a joke, poop.

Heh, poop
beardmcdoug

Postby Crocaneers » Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:34 pm

PetePierson wrote:Man, wish Selmon63 aka Hollywood was still around for this thread.

I agree with Kress. I'm a Jersey boy so was predetermined that I'm obsessed with Springsteen. I've seen him / E Street live over 20 times. Don't agree or support his ultra left views but doesn't affect my passion for his music and story telling.

I agree with everything here .. you can find something (or someone) entertaining without having to align with their beliefs or whatever.

Problem is (for me) ... SNL just isn't funny anymore. I did see the Damon skit and it was spot on, and I laughed. As a Conservative Christian who desperately can't stand Damon, I think that says it all.
Crocaneers

Postby terrytate » Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:34 pm

Mountaineer Buc wrote:
Buc2 wrote:I would challenge that, but this isn't the right sub-forum for it.

It really doesn't matter.If you're the POTUS, you're gonna be parodied on SNL. It comes with the job.

I'd agree with this with one exception, I can't remember them ever going at Obama too hard.

Then again, I watch almost no TV. My TV viewing consists of Netflix Marvel shows, the Expanse and Lucifer. That's really about it over the last 2 years. Oh, and Rick and Morty.
terrytate

Postby NYBF » Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:15 pm

PetePierson wrote:
NYBF wrote:
This explains so much.

Eat a ****.

Don't you guys call it "pork roll"?
NYBF

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:33 pm

Okay. Just saw the Matt Damon as Kavanaugh bit and that was pretty good.

Is this what we're worked up about?
Mountaineer Buc

Postby Crocaneers » Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:01 pm

I posted based on the whole show and not specific skits.

I don't think the BK situation is part of the conversation
Crocaneers

Postby Teitan » Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:11 pm

I’m glad a topic about a sketch comedy show could be about liberals vs conservatives.

That’s refreshing in today’s climate. I’m happy we were able to break the mold of every topic being a political argument
Teitan

Postby RedLeader » Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:46 am

I still think SNL really missed an opportunity here...

RedLeader

Postby Buc2 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:46 am

RedLeader wrote:I still think SNL really missed an opportunity here...

Doubt they missed it. More like ignored it. That probably wouldn't play very well with their current day audience.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Previous

Return to Off Topic