What's the worst lie you ever told for no real reason?

General Discussion on any Off Topic subject
Re: What's the worst lie you ever told for no real reason?

Postby uscbucsfan » Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:00 pm

The Outsider wrote:
uscbucsfan wrote:It's the worst aspect of this board. I understand it's only been two posters (dawgland and the present subject), but it's fucked up. I'm not upset enough to not post here, but I don't like it.

Frankly, if you run around lying out of your ass about everything while also being an ultra-combative ****, don't be surprised if you piss someone off enough for them to put in the effort to blow up your online fantasy world. It's not complicated nor is it morally deviant. If anything, the lying twat is the one in the wrong. Hypothetically of course.

It's a ****ing message board. He's a persona that he's chosen to play. Who ****ing cares? Why air his personal business? Does anyone think he's winning in life with 20k+ post? People have left previous iterations of the board because of this type of bullshit, with the same poster.
uscbucsfan

Postby PrimeMinister » Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:05 pm

Just the tip.
PrimeMinister

Postby deltbucs » Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:09 pm

Someone is certainly triggered...
deltbucs

Postby uscbucsfan » Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:14 pm

deltbucs wrote:Someone is certainly triggered...

Maybe so, but maybe I see this as a community that has various characters. A family... I don't revel in the opportunity to destroy someone. I've been here since 2002 and I see this as the worst aspect of this board. I feel like I've earned the right to disagree with this. Go read other boards and this is the **** they talk about as the worst aspect of this board (other than moderation on the OG board).

edit: TD got me excited, but this isn't something I'm threatening to quit the board over or report (not that the mods aren't involved). I just disagree. I think we are better than this. We get upset with each other and attack posters, we don't dig personal **** and spew it on the web. Just my opinion, I'll end it at that.
uscbucsfan

Postby Crocaneers » Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:41 pm

I actually appreciate your viewpoint. I actually don't think anything has happened in the BZ to cause the current swell.

Usually lines are drawn and crossed daily which is really why I started the melt thread.

The birthday part really bothers me, and I mean REALLY. I've not reacted so poorly in a long time.

That was a line, that even in virtual screw the world phases in inexcusable.

Chip used to play tough, but below that surface was the biggest heart there was.

And if he were here, we most likely wouldn't have any of it.
Crocaneers

Postby The Outsider » Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:28 pm

Penis
Last edited by The Outsider on Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Outsider

Postby The Outsider » Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:29 pm

uscbucsfan wrote:

Maybe so, but maybe I see this as a community that has various characters. A family... I don't revel in the opportunity to destroy someone. I've been here since 2002 and I see this as the worst aspect of this board. I feel like I've earned the right to disagree with this. Go read other boards and this is the **** they talk about as the worst aspect of this board (other than moderation on the OG board).

edit: TD got me excited, but this isn't something I'm threatening to quit the board over or report (not that the mods aren't involved). I just disagree. I think we are better than this. We get upset with each other and attack posters, we don't dig personal **** and spew it on the web. Just my opinion, I'll end it at that.

You're a massive bitch.
The Outsider

Postby Super K » Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:33 pm

PrimeMinister wrote:Just the tip.

Get yer own stuff...

;)
Super K

Postby uscbucsfan » Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:33 pm

The Outsider wrote:
uscbucsfan wrote:Maybe so, but maybe I see this as a community that has various characters. A family... I don't revel in the opportunity to destroy someone. I've been here since 2002 and I see this as the worst aspect of this board. I feel like I've earned the right to disagree with this. Go read other boards and this is the **** they talk about as the worst aspect of this board (other than moderation on the OG board).

You're a massive bitch.

Lol.

I'm a bitch because I don't agree with your childish antics? Right...
uscbucsfan

Postby Sammich » Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:32 am

As to the original topic I'm not one that lies much. I'm more the person that hurts feelings because I'm too honest. About the only time I can remember telling a lie somewhat recently was saying that I was sick to get out of doing something I didn't want to do. Some friends were heading out for the evening and I had a shitty day at work and didn't feel like going. Had I just told them I didn't want to go they would have shown up at my door and drug me along. Since I said I was sick they let me be.
Sammich

Postby Kress » Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:02 am

uscbucsfan wrote:It's the worst aspect of this board. I understand it's only been two posters (dawgland and the present subject), but it's fucked up.

Skipping over Loser_Buc and O-Town?
Kress

Postby deltbucs » Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:25 am

Kress wrote:
deltbucs wrote:I mean, vehicle registration is public record. I wouldn't like about that. I wouldn't lie about my job and say that I do something that you have to have a license for...that is also public record.

Marriage licenses are public also, are they not? Asking for a friend.

NYBF wrote:How about this? If you were gay, would you lie about it and concoct some elaborate story? Or would you just be who you are?

Whooops. Didn't mean to quote this one, too. I was trying to reply to delt's post above, and what you said obviously has nothing to do with that so neither does my response.

Honest.

Marriage licenses are public record, too? Do you think someone would actually lie about getting married...or even getting married twice?
deltbucs

Postby Deuce » Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:01 am

uscbucsfan wrote:

As someone who 100% disagrees with you about everything...I agree here. People get so worked up over a dude's posts on a message board that they get into his personal life? As much as it says about this guy that he has the most posts and many here dislike him, it says a lot that his posts can trigger some into this kind of thing. As much as I like watching drama, when it goes this far, it really turns me off.
Deuce

Postby Buc2 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:28 am

uscbucsfan wrote:

While Bootz committed a faux pas, I honestly don't think it was his intention to disparage the memory of a former board member that so many knew personally and liked. It certainly is not worthy of destroying him over it.

This is also the only forum I've ever been a part of that purposely excludes some members from a topic. Like you, I've been a long time member dating back to the late 90's ('97 or '98 I think) at the Official TBBBB. I didn't post a lot due to the overbearing clique that ran the place. But it was a good place to get up-to-date info on my favorite team so I remained a member through the years and followed along to each new location after the original board shut its doors.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Buc2 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:33 am

Crocaneers wrote:I actually appreciate your viewpoint. I actually don't think anything has happened in the BZ to cause the current swell.

Usually lines are drawn and crossed daily which is really why I started the melt thread.

The birthday part really bothers me, and I mean REALLY. I've not reacted so poorly in a long time.

That was a line, that even in virtual screw the world phases in inexcusable.

Chip used to play tough, but below that surface was the biggest heart there was.

And if he were here, we most likely wouldn't have any of it.

And I understand and appreciate your point of view, Croc. But most of us here did not know him on a personal level. To us, he was just another member of the community. Like I said above, a faux pas was committed, but this level of vitriol towards him is totally unnecessary. I think he understands that too. Let bygones be bygones.

:drinkingcheers:
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby The Outsider » Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:08 am

Buc2 wrote:
uscbucsfan wrote:Maybe so, but maybe I see this as a community that has various characters. A family... I don't revel in the opportunity to destroy someone. I've been here since 2002 and I see this as the worst aspect of this board. I feel like I've earned the right to disagree with this. Go read other boards and this is the **** they talk about as the worst aspect of this board (other than moderation on the OG board).

While Bootz committed a faux pas, I honestly don't think it was his intention to disparage the memory of a former board member that so many knew personally and liked. It certainly is not worthy of destroying him over it.

This is also the only forum I've ever been a part of that purposely excludes some members from a topic. Like you, I've been a long time member dating back to the late 90's ('97 or '98 I think) at the Official TBBBB. I didn't post a lot due to the overbearing clique that ran the place. But it was a good place to get up-to-date info on my favorite team so I remained a member through the years and followed along to each new location aft :drinkingbeer: er the original board shut its doors.

If you're talking about the Legends Lounge that sparsely used subforum was created as a joke
The Outsider

Postby Buc2 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:36 pm

The Outsider wrote:
Buc2 wrote:While Bootz committed a faux pas, I honestly don't think it was his intention to disparage the memory of a former board member that so many knew personally and liked. It certainly is not worthy of destroying him over it.

This is also the only forum I've ever been a part of that purposely excludes some members from a topic. Like you, I've been a long time member dating back to the late 90's ('97 or '98 I think) at the Official TBBBB. I didn't post a lot due to the overbearing clique that ran the place. But it was a good place to get up-to-date info on my favorite team so I remained a member through the years and followed along to each new location aft :drinkingbeer: er the original board shut its doors.

If you're talking about the Legends Lounge that sparsely used subforum was created as a joke

Right. Pretty long running joke.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Kress » Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:58 pm

The fact that it's purposely placed there pretty much sums it up. If it was supposed to be some super secret double exclusive private thing, don't you think it would just be going on somewhere else?

McIrish used to go on and on about the Legends Lounge all the time. He would talk about how he and all of the other Legends in that exclusive club were discussing this and that about other posters and whatnot. Then all of a sudden...... *poof*..... there it is. A Legends Lounge sub-forum. Only he's not in it. Silliness.

Long running? Yeah, I guess. But that's just because ever since then stuff keeps breathing life back into it. Like now.
Kress

Postby NYBF » Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:27 pm

Buc2 wrote:
While Bootz committed a faux pas, I honestly don't think it was his intention to disparage the memory of a former board member that so many knew personally and liked.

I think his intention was, like it is so often, to come running into a thread and scream LOOK AT ME! And that was clearly the wrong thread to do it in. And if someone is too stupid to understand that's not something you do, well... too ****ing bad.
NYBF

Postby Buc2 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:35 pm

NYBF wrote:
Buc2 wrote:
While Bootz committed a faux pas, I honestly don't think it was his intention to disparage the memory of a former board member that so many knew personally and liked.

I think his intention was, like it is so often, to come running into a thread and scream LOOK AT ME! And that was clearly the wrong thread to do it in. And if someone is too stupid to understand that's not something you do, well... too ****ing bad.

Like I said, he fucked up. Now can we move along?
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Bootz2004 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:38 pm

Once told my brother he couldn't borrow a CD because it meant too much and was very symbolic of life around me. CD was called "ALL EYEZ ON ME".
Bootz2004

Postby Kress » Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:52 pm

Buc2 wrote:Like I said, he fucked up. Now can we move along?

As if on cue, I believe you have your answer.

Bootz2004 wrote:Once told my brother he couldn't borrow a CD because it meant too much and was very symbolic of life around me. CD was called "ALL EYEZ ON ME".
Kress

Postby Buc2 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:54 pm

Fine. Stay mad at him then. Whatever works for ya.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Bootz2004 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:56 pm

Kress wrote:
Buc2 wrote:Like I said, he fucked up. Now can we move along?

As if on cue, I believe you have your answer.

Bootz2004 wrote:Once told my brother he couldn't borrow a CD because it meant too much and was very symbolic of life around me. CD was called "ALL EYEZ ON ME".

Wouldn't be the case if no one was watching. You have my attention for now, MOD, so what do you want?
Bootz2004

Postby Bootz2004 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:58 pm

Buc2 wrote:Fine. Stay mad at him then. Whatever works for ya.

Hey, let them have their fun. They haven't had much to moderate yet other than Stuart or whoever and his blatant racism. This won't be long.
Bootz2004

Postby DreadNaught » Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:01 pm

DreadNaught

Postby Buc2 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:04 pm

Bootz2004 wrote:
Buc2 wrote:Fine. Stay mad at him then. Whatever works for ya.

Hey, let them have their fun. They haven't had much to moderate yet other than Stuart or whoever and his blatant racism. This won't be long.

Regardless, you did nothing wrong. Your post in that birthday thread wasn't against an TOS or board rule that I've seen. It may have been insensitive to those that knew him well, but that's life. Not everyone can like everything everybody does. Or something like that.

As Pete says... and we move on.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Bootz2004 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:11 pm

Buc2 wrote:
Bootz2004 wrote:

Regardless, you did nothing wrong. Your post in that birthday thread wasn't against an TOS or board rule that I've seen. It may have been insensitive to those that knew him well, but that's life. Not everyone can like everything everybody does. Or something like that.

As Pete says... and we move on.

I know it wasn't against any rules. Everyone else knows. Me and Slim were actually cool and it sucked that he passed. But the MODS can do whatever they want around here so what can you do except roll with the punches
Bootz2004

Postby Bootz2004 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:22 pm

Buc2 wrote:
The Outsider wrote:

Right. Pretty long running joke.

I'd also add that the lounge "joke" is only accessible to certain members. Coincidentally it's the same members who are mad at me.

Now if something was a joke, why would only certain members be able to enjoy the joke?
Bootz2004

Postby Kress » Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:47 pm

Yes, that makes sense, Bootz. A private forum joke that is only funny if everyone can access it. We'll get to work on that.

Regards,
MOD Kress (now that's funny)
Kress

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic