Who fired first

General Discussion on any Off Topic subject
Re: Who fired first

Postby The Outsider » Fri May 11, 2018 3:36 pm

DreadNaught wrote:
The Outsider wrote:

I always hate to answer a question with a question, but before I can answer yours I need to ask you this: If a foreign country attacked assets in a different country being held by American troops (that is, to make sure we're clear, an American or allied military installation that has American personnel present and currently operating in said installation) would you consider it an attack on America warranting a response?

I also noticed you used two different qualifiers in your respective statements. Iran surely has fired on Israel, but they haven't engaged in offensives in Israeli territory. Neither has Israel fired in to Iran, but they have fired on Iranian troops and assets in Syria. So, to quote James Franco:

Great gif!!

This is the mess that we're in regarding Syria, which is a complete quagmire. I think almost anytime American troops are attacked it would likely warrant a response, although that may not be an absolute.

But we're talking about Syria here where there is proxy war occurring. So I do believe it's an escalation by Iran to attack Israel directly and it's based on that escalation that I would feel comfortable that Iran 'fired first'. Like others have posted, it really doesn't matter at this point and I wasn't attempting to argue that it is. But rather that Iran's actions were an escalation (by taking the theater out of Syria) which prompted the 'who fired first' thread.

US airstrikes (in response to alleged Syrian government sponsored chemical attacks) have killed Russian soldiers. I don't believe that gives Russia the right to attack US soil or US interests outside of Syrian in response, and if they did I believe that would constitute them 'firing first'. Not saying I'm right, just the way I view it.

I think it's too convoluted to come to an absolute conclusion. I get your take on it though. Either way it's all ****ing stupid.
The Outsider

Postby Ironworker808 » Fri May 11, 2018 10:57 pm

Crocaneers wrote:Burr

Nice.

Can’t wait for it to come to Orlando.
Ironworker808

Postby RedLeader » Sat May 12, 2018 8:42 am

Buc2 wrote:Speaking of that Russian merc attack, anyone read the supposed audio that was leaked?

Check it out here if interested:
Leaked audio recordings said to be of Russian mercenaries in Syria capture expressions of lament and humiliation over a battle in early February involving U.S. forces and Russian nationals.
https://taskandpurpose.com/russian-merc ... ked-audio/

Great find.

“the audio recordings paint a picture of Russian mercenaries essentially sent to die in an ill-conceived advance on a U.S.-held position in Syria. Polygraph says the audio recordings are from a source close to the Kremlin.”

Lol.

I remember taking about this..

You should post this in the US vs Syrian thread!
RedLeader

Previous

Return to Off Topic