Florida, Man

General Discussion on any Off Topic subject
Re: Florida, Man

Postby Kress » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:10 pm

NYBF wrote:You guys have a separate license plate for a wildflower? And what kind of person gets that plate?

I think that I just peed a little.
Kress

Postby Caradoc » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:26 pm

That looked more like a nuke going off than a flower to me.
Caradoc

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:23 am

NYBF wrote:You guys have a separate license plate for a wildflower? And what kind of person gets that plate?

I'd expect James Brown's bassist to have a nicer car than a Mazda.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby EastBayBucsFan » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:30 pm

MOLON LABE
EastBayBucsFan

Postby Buc2 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:38 am

A bikini contest competitor is facing a battery charge for allegedly clobbering another female contestant over the head with high-heeled shoes, Florida police report.

According to cops, Erica Kaitlyn Mize, 24, tangled with the victim last month during the Miss Sailfish Regatta Bikini Contest in Stuart on Florida’s Treasure Coast.

Investigators allege that after the 11 bikini-clad contestants left the stage in Stuart’s waterfront Causeway Park, Mize tussled with the 23-year-old victim (who is the current girlfriend of Mize’s former boyfriend).

As first reported by Will Greenlee at TCPalm, the victim told cops that Mize (pictured at right) warned her that “you should go to the gyno because you’re in for a rude awakening.”

The victim said that Mize “hit her on the head with her high heel shoes,” according to a Martin County Sheriff's Office report. The account of the victim--who had a small lump on her head--was backed up by witnesses, cops noted.

While the report does not further identify the alleged weapon, photos from the bikini contest show that Mize wore a pair of strappy turquoise platform heels (seen below).

Mize, cited for misdemeanor battery, was on probation at the time of her bikini contest collar. In mid-April, she was placed on probation for a year following a conviction for marijuana possession.

Mize, an aspiring model, works for a Stuart accounting firm, according to a police report.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby NYBF » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:48 am

Nice ass, but when that sun isn't blocking her face... *shudder*
NYBF

Postby Buc2 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:47 am

NYBF wrote:Nice ass, but when that sun isn't blocking her face... *shudder*

No kidding! She could still be a Bucs cheerleader.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Caradoc » Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:45 pm

Beat me to it Buc2
Caradoc

Postby NYBF » Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:51 pm

What the **** is wrong with your state?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/mor ... fled-town/
NYBF

Postby Buc2 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:55 pm

NYBF wrote:What the **** is wrong with your state?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/mor ... fled-town/

Won't let me read without a subscription. Can you just copy/past the story here?
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby NYBF » Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:19 pm

Really? Weird. I don't have a subscription. Here it is:

A man helped a lost toddler find her parents, police say. He was smeared online as a predator and fled town.

A man trying to help a lost toddler find her parents was misidentified as a kidnapper on social media over the weekend, according to police in Lakeland, Fla., prompting him to leave town in fear for his safety and the safety of his family.

The man was also punched by the child’s father who told local media that he “thought he was trying to take my daughter” and “wanted to kill him.”

The whole episode prompted the Lakeland Police Department to warn citizens to “be careful about what you post on social media so as not to victimize an innocent person … Before posting information on matters such as this, we encourage people to identify the source and the validity of such claims before sharing them.”

Lakeland police, in a Facebook post, said the falsely accused man was visiting friends at a softball game when he noticed at a 2-year-old had gotten separated from her parents. She was “wandering by herself,” police said, and the man “believed that she was lost.

“The citizen attempted to ask the girl where her parents were and walked with her in hopes she could point them out,” the statement said, a fact verified by at least one independent witness.

At that point, “bystanders” told the parents that the man was “attempting to kidnap the child,” said police.

As the two were nearing the playground, three men approached them from behind, Patch reported. One man grabbed the girl and the other man, who is the child’s father, punched the man five or six times.

“I thought he was trying to take my daughter,” the girl’s father told News Channel 8.

“I saw this man with my daughter in his hands walking toward the parking lot. What would you do?” the father asked. “I wanted to kill him.”

The father told The Washington Post that it all happened very quickly, “within 45 seconds.”

The investigating officer noted the victim’s face had several cuts and was swollen.

Police concluded that the man was only trying to help. “We had an independent eyewitness that saw him walking around, asking, ‘Is this your parents? Is that your father?’” Sgt. Gary Gross with the Lakeland Police Department told Fox 13 News.

According to police the young girl tried to pull away but the man was concerned for her safety and picked her up and continued walking toward the playground, “hoping that he would be able to locate the child’s father.”

The father and his friends were not satisfied with the man’s explanation or that of the police. “So, I guess in Lakeland, you can kidnap a child and get away with it,” the father said to police, local media reported. The police report, local media said, described the father as “increasingly agitated.”

According to WFLA, other media outlets and police, family members and friends went on social media and shared the man’s photo, his Facebook page and his place of business, “calling him a child predator,” WFLA said.

Police, however, called him a “good Samaritan” in their statement. “It is understandable how parents can possibly be upset in a situation involving a lost child,” the statement said. “However, this incident truly involved a good Samaritan trying to assist a lost child finding” her parents.

“Accounts of this incident have circulated on social media with false information and speculation. Posting false information on Facebook could cause a defamation of character claim and those posting false information could be held libel.”

One Facebook user responded: “I was one of those who shared post thinking it was helpful, now I feel awful that it clearly was not! Definitely teaches me to double check sources before spreading!”

“Now this man’s face is all over the internet,” said another commenter on the police department’s Facebook page. ” … The assumptions that were made can ruin this guys life. Unbelievable.”

The good Samaritan told several local outlets that he has now left town with his family for their safety. He says he will not press charges against the father.

The father made no apologies for his actions but told The Post, “All that matters is that my daughter is home safely.”

The police statement did not provide names and no one was charged. To protect the child and the falsely accused man, The Post is not using names in this story either.
NYBF

Postby Buc2 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:42 pm

NYBF wrote:Really? Weird. I don't have a subscription. Here it is:

It is weird. I don't get that every time, but it does happen on occasion. Anyway, thanks for copying here.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Buc2 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:43 pm

I think most of us love reading Good Samaritan stories. Unfortunately, this one is the exact opposite of that. Truly sad.

Teens filmed, mocked drowning man, Cocoa police say
J.D. Gallop, FLORIDA TODAY Published 11:31 a.m. ET July 20, 2017 | Updated 3:17 p.m. ET July 21, 2017
Cocoa police said the teens mocked, cursed and laughed as the man struggled for his life. JD GALLOP/FLORIDA TODAY

COCOA – Police and prosecutors say little can be done legally after the revelation that a group of teens filmed the dying moments of a 32-year-old disabled man last week, with the teens mocking, cursing and laughing while the man drowned in a fenced-off pond.

The Brevard County State Attorney's Office released the video to FLORIDA TODAY and called the incident a "tragedy" and said the teens' lack of action had "no moral justification" but added that the teens do not appear to have violated any laws.

The minute-long video, which police called "extremely disturbing," found its way to social media over the weekend before ending up in the hands of detectives.

Update: Cocoa police chief pursuing charges against teens accused of filming drowning man

The clip depicts the unidentified teens — ages 14 to 16 — off-camera, laughing as the man screamed off in the distance for help before going under in the murky water just after noon July 9 off Plaza Parkway. There were no calls to 911 from the teens.

Instead, police later found the badly decomposed body of the man — identified as Jamel Dunn — July 12. Police said Dunn, who was heavily tattooed, was last seen wearing a black shirt emblazoned with the phrase ‘I’m Blessed,’ and a red hat that read "Only God can judge me," drowned.

Foul play was not suspected. His fiancée filed a missing person report after he failed to turn up at home in Cocoa. Then, after the body was found last Friday, a family friend saw the video on social media and turned it over to police. The cell phone video then gave detectives insight into what happened the day Dunn disappeared.

Audio: Teens appear to mock drowning man in Cocoa {unable to link audio ... click here to go to story for audio}
WARNING: Strong language. FLORIDA TODAY has obtained a video that appears to show a man drowning in a Cocoa Pond last week while a group of teens mock the drowning man. This is the audio portion of that video. Wochit

“(The teens) were telling him they weren’t going in after him and that ‘you shouldn’t have gone in there,'” said Yvonne Martinez, spokeswoman for the Cocoa Police Department.

“He started to struggle and scream for help and they just laughed. They didn’t call the police. They just laughed the whole time. He was just screaming… for someone to help him.”

The teens were identified and questioned by detectives but likely will not face charges because they were not directly involved, nor are there any Good Samaritan laws that would be applicable in the case, police said.

Police also added that there appeared to be little remorse from the teens. On the video, the teens refer to the possibility of an alligator being in the pond and can be heard shouting to Dunn as he splashed in the water.

Today on the "News in 90 seconds," host Jennifer Sangalang looks at a morbid story of teens mocking a Cocoa man as he drowns and the Cocoa Beach Pier owners get approval for amusement rides. Video by Luann Manderville and Rob Landers 7/20/17

“Get out the water, you gonna die” one teen shouted. Another yelled at Dunn, saying, “ain’t nobody fixing to help you, you dumb (expletive).”

Seconds later, Dunn could be heard yelling. Then his head disappeared beneath the water one last time.

“Oh, he just died,” another teen says before laughter ensues. The teens then left the park without telling authorities.

After the body was retrieved, detectives noted that one of the teens stared ahead during the questioning. Next to him, his mother broke down in tears, distraught at the situation he was involved in, Martinez said.

“There was no remorse, only a smirk,” said Martinez. There are worries for the boys’ safety as word of the case continues to go viral online.

Family members were shocked. Simone Scott, who identified herself as Dunn’s sister, took to social media to raise questions about how her brother was treated and the lack of charges in the case.

“(Okay), I agree they don’t have to help, but they should have called 9-1-1,” Scott posted.

“My brother is disabled and walks with a cane…please make it make sense to me,” she said of his death. Another family friend said Dunn was the father of two young daughters and was known to be giving to others.

Stunned, detectives forwarded the case to the Brevard County State Attorney’s Office in Viera. However, the agency’s top prosecutors could not find any criminal act on the part of the teens for failing to either call police or help the man another way.

Nothing compelled them to be Good Samaritans, authorities said.

"We are deeply saddened and shocked at both the manner in which Mr. Dunn lost his life and the actions of the witnesses to this tragedy,” the State Attorney’s Office said in a statement sent to FLORIDA TODAY. The agency also released the video to the public.

"While the incident depicted on the recording does not give rise to sufficient evidence to support criminal prosecution under Florida statutes, we can find no moral justification for either the behavior of persons heard on the recording or the deliberate decision not to render aid to Mr. Dunn."

More: BDB: The bad news? An absolutely HORRIFYING story out of Cocoa. The good news? The Doggo of the Week (and other stuff)

Police said Dunn turned up at the pond following an argument with his fiancée about 10-to-15 minutes before the incident. The fiancée then left the scene to run errands.

“The kids were at the park that day smoking marijuana and apparently saw him walk into the water. He walked in on his own. They were watching him,” Martinez said.

Dunn waded into the water from the west side as the teens watched from the south side of the pond.

“They just started recording what happened and watched until he died,” Martinez said.

“Everybody is just horrified by this.”

Family friend Jontavius Scott said Dunn deserved better.

"He was a good guy... ," he said. "It's just tough to know that these kids would sit and laugh at something like this."
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Buc2 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:52 pm

Letting their BBQ smoke leave their property is against the law in this Florida neighborhood.

Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby NYBF » Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:38 pm

Is that an HOA? Man... I wish I had a neighbor who would do this.
NYBF

Postby Zarniwoop » Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:54 pm

That's laughable
Zarniwoop

Postby Selmon Rules » Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:02 pm

It's not that guys fault, whoever allowed that particular law or code to be on the books should be flogged for general stupidity though.

If these guys will take it to court the law or code will be amended to exclude that sort of foolishness....

FWIW, the neighbor who called the law on him is an ***hole....
Sig currently being held hostage by Photobucket, will return next fall
Selmon Rules

Postby NYBF » Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:02 pm

Nothing like some good mother - daughter bonding:
http://wfla.com/2017/09/21/deputies-pas ... encounter/
NYBF

Postby Corsair » Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:05 pm

http://www.sundaypost.org/2017/09/22/po ... es-vagina/

Port Charlotte Couple hospitalized after man gets his head stuck in his wife’s vagina

By David Foster Last updated Sep 22, 2017

Tom and Janis Morrison, a young couple from the small town of Port Charlotte in Florida, called 911 around 10:00 pm last night to ask for an ambulance.

Samantha Irving, the operator who took the call, says she thought it as a joke when he explained the situation.
“The woman told me that her husband had fallen and that his head was now stuck in her vaginal cavity. I really thought that it was a group of teenagers making a prank call.”

Despite Ms. Irving’s doubts, she sent an ambulance on the site and the paramedics rapidly realized that the situation was in fact very serious.Bill Austin, one of the paramedics who transported the couple, claims they were lying naked on their bed and partially covered in blood.

“The woman kept screaming out in pain whenever the guy moved, but he had half of his face buried in there and he looked like he was going through Hell!”

The couple was transported to the nearby Bayfront Health, where doctors were able to separate the couple.

Ms. Morrison suffered from severe internal bleeding but is now stable, while her husband has suffered only a few scratches and bruises.

According to doctors, both could also suffer from post-traumatic stress syndrome.

Dr. Frank Olson, who treated the couple upon their arrival at the hospital, says that such extreme sexual practices are extremely dangerous and recommends to completely avoid them.

Incidents like this one are, indeed, quite unusual, but hundreds of couples are admitted to the hospital every year in the U.S. after getting stuck together during sexual intercourse.

According to data collected by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, 3,213 couples were hospitalized for such problems across the country in 2015 and 3,789 in 2016.

According to the same data, the Morrisons are the first couple to be hospitalized for a head stuck inside a vaginal cavity since October 2007.

Spoiler:
Corsair

Postby Mountaineer Buc » Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:15 pm

Well at least it only happens every 10 years or so.
Mountaineer Buc

Postby NYBF » Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:49 pm

You've fallen victim to fake news.
NYBF

Postby Corsair » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:04 pm

LOL, it seems so.

Sorry guys.

Still think it was funny nonetheless, but yeah I just checked.
Corsair

Postby Corsair » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:05 pm

Sure is hot in these Rhinos.
Corsair

Postby NYBF » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:20 pm

Corsair wrote:LOL, it seems so.

Sorry guys.

Still think it was funny nonetheless, but yeah I just checked.

It was pretty funny. But when I went to their home page, I know the next story is a fake. And not funny in any way. I don't get that site.
NYBF

Postby Alpha » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:19 am

Buc2 wrote:Letting their BBQ smoke leave their property is against the law in this Florida neighborhood.

That **** is YEARS old, btw.

A lot of stuff is strange here.

That said...just keep coming down and spending your money. We appreciate it.

No state income tax is nice.

Thank you ALL!!!
Alpha

Postby Buc2 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:34 am

Woman {I'd demand proof of gender} attacks 7-Eleven clerk with hot nacho cheese because ‘the customer is always right’

This image has been reduced by 0.3%. Click to view full size.

An unsatisfied customer in Melbourne, Fla., was arrested last week for assaulting a 7-Eleven employee with hot nacho cheese.

According to the Palm Bay Daily, Stephanie L. Hicks entered the 7-Eleven at around 1:50 a.m. on Thursday morning, looking to buy a sandwich and a cup of the aforementioned liquid cheese.

The clerk, however, had reportedly asked Hicks to refrain from opening the hot cheese dispenser — a request Hicks didn’t appreciate, as she later told cops she wasn’t a fan of the clerk’s attitude.

Hicks then tried to pay for her food, but the clerk refused to ring her up. In retaliation, Hicks threw both the sandwich and the hot cheese across the counter, covering the clerk’s hands and feet in the gooey orange condiment.

Hicks, 31, then waited outside the front door of the 7-Eleven for police to arrive, but not before angrily reminding the clerk that “the customer is always right!”

Hicks was later arrested for battery when police arrived and pulled footage of the incident from the store’s security cameras.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Postby Jason Bourne » Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:46 pm

Kress wrote:
Betsy wrote:Who's from St Pete

I don't like where this conversation is going.

Lol
Jason Bourne

Previous

Return to Off Topic